Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

You are fully geared, would you shoot these people?

You are fully geared, would you shoot these people?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. A man with ruined pants and no shirt is wielding an M4 with damaged/ruined attatchments looks like he just came out of NEAF, but barely alive.

• Yes I would fire
    • Let them live another day
  2. 2. You see two men with pistols running into a village nearby, they look to have plenty of pockets and seem to have looted the hospital

• Yes I would fire
  3. 3. You see two fully geared TTsKO mosin LRS snipers overwatching NWAF they seem to be gaurding their friend at the firestation 600m away

• Yes I would fire

I always am curious on what people tend to do in certain situations when confronting another armed player. I would love to see what situations these forums like or dislike shooting in.

EDIT: Wow a lot of feedback for this thread. I am having great fun reading the comments. Keep the conversation going!

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 1

Unless they are a direct threat to me, I don't kill anyone.  I will, however, handcuff them and put a sack over their head whilst I rob them.  But then I let them go.

• Like 6

I normally shoot bambis and fully geared players. Bambis are bad, as they have nothing to lose. So they will try to punch you out, normally. Fully geared people, they are a threat to you, and unless you can surround them with your squad, it's recommended to just shoot them on sight. People that don't have a gun, though, I like to let them live. Or people that are injured. I used to hold people up all the time, now I'm doing that less and less, as me and my squad tend to either KoS, or to help.

• Like 1

I was walking up to a guy literally 5 minutes ago, and I put my gun away as a sign I was friendly, he was yelling that he was friendly to, as he had his back turned, and as soon as I put my gun up, he turned towards me, said "lol noob faggot get wrecked"  Like every other shit wanna be bandit, he missed every shot, and I axed him to death.  Then he had the nerve to cry about me killing him after he said he was friendly.  Ahhh if only I was recording.

• Like 10

It doesn't really matter what a dude is wearing tome, i prefer to judge them by their actions.

• Like 6

Solution: Avoid all three of these people entirely without shooting them.

I don't like to shoot people that seem to be starting rather new, looking for gear to start, but anyone with an m4 or leaving an airfield, or in one is fair game in my opinion, too risky. 

Unless they are a direct threat to me, I don't kill anyone.  I will, however, handcuff them and put a sack over their head whilst I rob them.  But then I let them go.

I would rather die fighting than be handcuffed and robbed.

• Like 1

I would rather die fighting than be handcuffed and robbed.

Honestly, Here in lies the problem with banditing in these dayz, A character doesn't have a value on their life, they literally only have their gear to lose so why lose it? 

• Like 2

Depends on more criterias than that. If I ran into one in a place where I had little to none time to evaluate the danger, I would likely shoot them all. If I saw any of them from distance and they were no threat to me, I wouldn't shoot any of them.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't even let a bambi live.

Do you know how many full kit guys I knock out if i'm a bambi?

The best tho is when there is multiple guys and I run into the middle of em and they shoot themselves, good times :)

If he's armed- shoot him, unless you're in a group and have the upper advantage. Then you can maybe try to rob him or help him...

Edited by TSAndrey

Yesterday I shot someone to teach him a lesson. I was in Svetlo and could hear a player firing his SKS at multiple occasions, I assume killing zombies. He was some blocks away from me so I tracked him down, following his gunfire. When I finally saw him he disappeared around a corner and fired about 7 times in quick succession, it was unclear to me if he shot in my direction or had seen me but when I saw him again I shot him instantly taking no risk. I hope he learned it isn't very smart to run around a town shooting your gun and drawing attention to yourself. It is still best to use your axe and if you shoot to leave as soon as possible. Of course he didn't have a melee weapon because he wanted 2 primaries.(crossbow and sks) which imo is also not very smart, he should at least have used his crossbow on the Z's.

The last one is a little twisted. How should I know that he guards his friends? Of course I would shoot him. Sniping is cowardly. Real man fight with their bare fists.

When I am fully geared I am usually looking for trouble and the end to my now rather boring character.

It might come down to the details of the situation and my personal mood, but there is a high chance i would shoot at any of them.

Honestly, Here in lies the problem with banditing in these dayz, A character doesn't have a value on their life, they literally only have their gear to lose so why lose it? 

I will not give pleasure to some underage spoiled brat, to handcuff me and force feed me detergent, only to kill me few minutes later, just because he has two or three friends playing with him. Even if I was heavily armed and came across a group of players, Im still not a threat to them I mean I could kill one but Im sure to die and loose everything, so why is there a need to handcuff a fresh spawn???

• Like 2

I will not give pleasure to some underage spoiled brat, to handcuff me and force feed me detergent, only to kill me few minutes later, just because he has two or three friends playing with him. Even if I was heavily armed and came across a group of players, Im still not a threat to them I mean I could kill one but Im sure to die and loose everything, so why is there a need to handcuff a fresh spawn???

You're what's wrong with SA. I bet you don't even respond when someone talks to you. There's no fun with people like you running around. We could have some fun by me holding you up or even just conversing, but no. I long for the mod days, when it was extremely rare for someone not to respond. Where most bandits responded to a friendly player by befriending him and shooting him in the back later instead of just shooting them without as much as a "hi" and moving on. It's all a big free for all match to you, isn't it? 

When do you people start realising that such behaviour devours the fun interaction with other survivors? I can't count the amount of friends I made in the mod, with whom I sat at my camp talking, looted NWAF, killed bandits. How many friends have been shot by bandits, after which I vowed to hunt down their killers, how many times we died together. I've even had arch enemies in some servers, who constantly tracked me down and I them. 

THAT was DayZ, not the pale KoS ridden free for all matches we have now, without the human contact which made DayZ what it was. All you see is gear, we saw other survivors in the mod. 

/rant

• Like 5

I would shoot the first guy, as far as I know there is no way to know the condition of a guys weapon easily enough to know if he can shoot you or not and if he is just now fleeing some rather bad encounter then he is either freaked and ready to shoot or needing to gear back up and ready to shoot.

The second situation I would not shoot, there is no reason.

The last situation I would definitely shoot. On average those two guys "protecting" their buddy are going to shoot ANYONE and EVERYONE that comes within shooting range of their buddy or anywhere their buddy is going to do.

In fact that last situation is where I am most likely to shoot. Guys like this remind me of FrankieonPC videos. He likes to say play nice or at least say he does but he has a long history of shooting anyone that is a threat and anyone that could be a threat which means shooting the guy that has no clue he is there but happens to be carrying a decent rifle or is heading in the same general direction as him. Basically the guys in your last situation are nothing more than sniper pussys (to use another Youtuber term)who will use their "buddy" as justification to plink away at any available target.

The End., on 05 May 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

You're what's wrong with SA. I bet you don't even respond when someone talks to you. There's no fun with people like you running around. We could have some fun by me holding you up or even just conversing, but no. I long for the mod days, when it was extremely rare for someone not to respond. Where most bandits responded to a friendly player by befriending him and shooting him in the back later instead of just shooting them without as much as a "hi" and moving on. It's all a big free for all match to you, isn't it? 

When do you people start realising that such behaviour devours the fun interaction with other survivors? I can't count the amount of friends I made in the mod, with whom I sat at my camp talking, looted NWAF, killed bandits. How many friends have been shot by bandits, after which I vowed to hunt down their killers, how many times we died together. I've even had arch enemies in some servers, who constantly tracked me down and I them. 

THAT was DayZ, not the pale KoS ridden free for all matches we have now, without the human contact which made DayZ what it was. All you see is gear, we saw other survivors in the mod. 

/rant

Would you like a tissue?

I would treat these three situations as I would any other encounter: assess the threat level of the strangers in question, attempt to make contact at a distance, and proceed according to their behavior. With the two guys in the third situation, I may not make contact though... I would be more likely to try and sneak up on them for a kill because the chances of them being friendly are just about nil.

It doesn't really matter what a dude is wearing tome, i prefer to judge them by their actions.

I am quiet the same as you, I see it as the clothes don't define the player, their actions and how they interact with others do.

Even if their fully kitted in Military gear with a Payday mask on, it's still how they act that defines them.