Hetstaine

Non kos is as much of a thrill as kos

Coming from Devils Castle working my way down to near Svetlo. I hit the small warehouses in the top middle of the map..never met anyone there before but i still came in from behind and had a look around. Moved into the first door and then along to second, when i came out i saw two doors on the opposite end had been opened. Quick panic ! I turned and pulled out my M4 and moved to cover behind the retaining wall and waited. This guy came out..

fnsgat.jpg

Now i knew i wasn't going to shoot, and i had total advantage so it was all on this guy. I watched him hesitate and click as he realised the doors at the opposite end were open, pull out his axe and move in to where he thought i would be.

dyoaxc.jpg

After not finding me he moved on with his looting, i waited until he was basically in front of me then piped up over direct ' Holster that axe buddy or you get dead' he stopped and hesitated and then put it away so i popped up and told him to come and sit down near the retaining wall.

300xg6e.jpg

He was pumping, i could tell in his voice, and although i was coming over calmly i was up a bit myself. I lowered the M4 and we chatted a bit, he was just over the moon i hadn't drilled him and was also having trouble interacting with his gear. Told him he had to relog to get it working again and then gave him directions to the train station down the road and general directions to Devils and nwaf.

qoyt6o.jpg

Like most here i have been in enough firefights and died enough times and killed plenty myself. Situations like this are just as tense, especially if you round up more than one and as i continued moving towards Svetlo i was thinking about him moving in the opposite direction, not having to spawn back on the coast and retrace his steps, possibly also thinking..maybe it isn't all kos all the time.

• Like 30

Good read and well played. I have had a bunch of peaceful, although rather tense, encounters and they can make your heart race. They leave you thinking about the other player a lot more than KoS does after you put someone down.

• Like 1

Not many people know how to command a situation, you nailed it. Well done!

• Like 1

3rd personing it, Het? Shame on you, man! Shame on you!

• Like 4

Check it  ;)

Good read and well played. I have had a bunch of peaceful, although rather tense, encounters and they can make your heart race. They leave you thinking about the other player a lot more than KoS does after you put someone down.

Totally.

Edited by kichilron
Updated link, due to merge.
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with third person.

• Like 1

Blasphemy, seeing another player and not kosing, what has this world come to? Actually, very well played. Beans to you for not shooting a geared and unaware player

• Like 1

b-but you were using 3rd person t-to look over w-walls

• Like 2

KoS is not even a thrill..

Neither is not killing on sight. Meeting new people can be fun, killing random people can be fun. If I want a thrill I'll go get on my Hayabusa.

• Like 1

Neither is not killing on sight. Meeting new people can be fun, killing random people can be fun. If I want a thrill I'll go get on my Hayabusa.

I don't see how it's fun, only in battlezones.

What's so fun and rewarding about killing fresh spawns or people with practically nothing?

I think it's far more of a thrill to KoS if they have gear, it's their fault for not being vigilant.

I don't see how it's fun, only in battlezones.

What's so fun and rewarding about killing fresh spawns or people with practically nothing?

I think it's far more of a thrill to KoS if they have gear, it's their fault for not being vigilant.

That's more or less what I meant. I don't make a habit of killing people who pose no threat to me. I was referring to those with the means of defending themselves. =)

• Like 1

story

I started talking to people prior to any type of KOS and giving them a choice of whether or not they wanted to get in a firefight.. to be honest, not a single person made me want to continue doing it again. The very first guy was fun. Thankful, we chatted, etc.. the ones after that had a tendency to talk shit and log out. Which it 10x less exciting than a bullet to the back of someones head that is clueless to your existence (and that is boring as all hell). 

But kudos man.. its always fun to get the jump on someone like that, especially when it ends well. To me its only fun if the other person has some sort of clue that you are there. 

But then again, Ive moved on and now shoot anything that moves that is not a bambi. I must kill and bury all life on Chernarus and once complete, I must kill myself to be sure the infection does not spread. ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 4

I started talking to people prior to any type of KOS and giving them a choice of whether or not they wanted to get in a firefight.. to be honest, not a single person made me want to continue doing it again. The very first guy was fun. Thankful, we chatted, etc.. the ones after that had a tendency to talk shit and log out. Which it 10x less exciting than a bullet to the back of someones head that is clueless to your existence (and that is boring as all hell). 

But kudos man.. its always fun to get the jump on someone like that, especially when it ends well. To me its only fun if the other person has some sort of clue that you are there. 

But then again, Ive moved on and now shoot anything that moves that is not a bambi. I must kill and bury all life on Chernarus and once complete, I must kill myself to be sure the infection does not spread. ;)

To be fair, now if they talk shit and try to log you can shoot them in the head as a pre-emptive measure. cause you know those types are gonna gear up and shoot people.

To be fair, now if they talk shit and try to log you can shoot them in the head as a pre-emptive measure. cause you know those types are gonna gear up and shoot people.

Its always.. I figure it out too late. Ive got them pinned down, they talk shit.. I wait.. nothing, I move in. Logged out. :( 

So now I shoot to kill and bury the body asap. No talking. No looting. Just pure eradication.

The infection must be stopped.

• Like 1

Its always.. I figure it out too late. Ive got them pinned down, they talk shit.. I wait.. nothing, I move in. Logged out. :(

So now I shoot to kill and bury the body asap. No talking. No looting. Just pure eradication.

I know the feeling, my buddy is very shy and afraid of people. He was playing one night with me and said he was going to try and be nice and talk to people and everything (wrong game for that), first guy he found was a KoSer, he stalked him for around and hour while I ran from pustoshka to elektro only to end up getting gunned down by a spray and pray from behind I got behind the guy, server goes down, and my vengeance for my best friend is taken from me. It nearly made me quit and have since begun shooting anyone that gets too close to me (any fresh spawn sprinting toward me), or has full military gear. No questions, just a single shot to the torso, and maybe a follow up to the face. Though If I can I go for the legs and let them crawl around for an hour or two looking for a zombie to end it.

Other than boredom and just plain pvp fun, kos is just either being a pussy or just not wanting to loose your gear.

Its a risk talking to random players who have guns, and as kos has got out of control it makes it even more risky.

But if there was no risk at all it wouldn't be fun gameplay and atm there wouldn't be much gameplay at all.

I started trying to talk to people prior to any type of KOS and giving them a choice of whether or not they wanted to get in a firefight.. to be honest, not a single person made me want to continue doing it again. The very first guy was fun. Thankful, we chatted, etc.. the ones after that had a tendency to talk shit and log out. Which it 10x less exciting than a bullet to the back of someones head that is clueless to your existence (and that is boring as all hell).

Lol. I started this game trying to talk to people, and only a single time was not KoS. I was looting a building in Eleckrto when the (three amigos) cornered me, then let me go after cuffing me, taking 1 can of tackle bacon, and 2 swigs of my canteen. Definitely was a fun/intense encounter due to the fact that I had 2 M4's pointed at my head while restraint, as the third guy fiddling with my bag. I felt vulnerable to say the least.

In end, they let me go, only after taking my Mosin and placing it on the road 50 yards from my location. Besides that time, I only come across hostile cunts. Lol

Edited by Vex_Vehix

http://youtu.be/VPf8BR7YYkw?t=53s