Ghandi

No PK server: * The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *

As much as I love to show my support for the hard work the devs are doing, your clearly at this point not vetting people properly before granting them rights to host your mod. This server here I think says it all.

"* The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen * no PK 1.7.1.5"

A server than prohibits/bans PKers.

vglrbd.jpg

EDIT: Removed names so individuals don't get harassed, this is a thread addressed to the server directly.

As much as I love to show my support for the hard work the devs are doing' date=' your clearly at this point not vetting people properly before granting them rights to host your mod. This server here I think says it all.

"* The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen * no PK 1.7.1.5"

A server than prohibits/bans PKers.

[/quote']

Maybe the host wants to focus on testing zeds for the moment? After all, we are actually supposed to be testing instead of running around killing other players all day.

By showing this server on general forums,

I feel like bandits are going to swarm it just to troll before getting banned.

Maybe the host wants to focus on testing zeds for the moment? After all' date=' we are actually supposed to be testing instead of running around killing other players all day.

[/quote']

That's what you're going with? Super weak.

Blacklist the server. Job's done move on.

-Snip-

just read first post properly.

Seems to be a lot of "dodgy" servers around though that do what they want.

i personally love the idea of some no pvp servers.. some people want to just be left the fuck alone FFS whats the harm in giving people what they want?

i personally love the idea of some no pvp servers.. some people want to just be left the fuck alone FFS whats the harm in giving people what they want?

Do you really need that explained to you or are you just new here?

Because it's as bad as entering an empty/almost empty server, there's no risk and it's far too easy to just farm dangerous high loot areas that normally have other players there to keep things interesting.

Maybe the host wants to focus on testing zeds for the moment? After all' date=' we are actually supposed to be testing instead of running around killing other players all day.

[/quote']

I'm sure you can scrape by, not playing on that server :)

Doesn't banning people for PKing go against the rules set down by Rocket?

I remember some other servers getting warnings and blacklists for banning people for unsupported reasons.

Doesn't banning people for PKing go against the rules set down by Rocket?

I remember some other servers getting warnings and blacklists for banning people for unsupported reasons.

Yeah it does, we can expect this server to be blacklisted soon.

Yeah it does' date=' we can expect this server to be blacklisted soon.

[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

I can sort of get behind a utopian ideal, but I don't think kicking/banning people who go against your ideal is the way to do it. Set up a group patrolling the map righting wrongs and whatnot, set up safe zones and trade zones and helicopter airlifts and everything.

[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle

Personally, I think Rocket should make a version with everything BUT zombies. This way the pk'ers can all get on there and have fun killing themselves while the rest of us play the game trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. You know, like what the game is supposed to be about.

[/quote']

Yes yes, i know. It was just a friendly suggestion though. I don't play on this server, but i personally could care less what those ppl do :)

[/quote']

Yes yes, i know. It was just a friendly suggestion though. I don't play on this server, but i personally could care less what those ppl do :)

You should care bro, this is YOUR community.

Personally' date=' I think Rocket should make a version with everything BUT zombies. This way the pk'ers can all get on there and have fun killing themselves while the rest of us play the game trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. You know, like what the game is supposed to be about.

[/quote']

I think what people would like is a Warfare map for stock ArmA. It's all about PvP if you want and you can get all the best guns. Personally for me I like the survival aspect of DayZ and IRL people would band together.

But I also get the whole "I have all the best stuff so it's not a challenge anymore so I hunt people". That's an entirely valid point. But at the same time you are no longer really playing DayZ and just looking for PvP so I figure PvP would be best for Warfare or some other addon.

Just a random thought, but to keep DayZ from getting too easy maybe eliminate anything but the most pasic handguns and rifles but just throw in one or two "higher tier" rifles in max. As in only a couple ever exist at a time or something. Then make like a team objective where you're building a boat to escape and somehow need some real teamwork to acquire and build it.

Who knows, just my $0.02 worth.

I love how bleeding heart carebears are jumping to the defense of this server.

Lets patch in a hugging animation.

I'm sure you can scrape by' date=' not playing on that server :)

[/quote']

Yeah! That's the spirit ole' chap. Why enforce the rules when we can just ignore the offenders out of sheer politeness? That's the way to show 'em you mean business.

"Hey guys, kind of maybe follow the rules but only if it suits your fancy. No? Okay. No big deal, really. It was honestly just a friendly suggestion. Go about your business undermining the integrity of the greatest game ever made by giving people a safe haven on which to gather valuable items and equipment which they can then take to other, less tear-soaked servers and wreak havoc on the community. Yes, sir. You're really doing us all a favor, honestly. We shouldn't have even bothered bringing it up. No, no. It's cool. We'll let ourselves out and call a cab. Really. Not a problem. Thanks for having us, though."

*kisses ring*

*backs out slowly*

I usually end up with a shot to my neck as i am BBQing a cow or reading a map. I don't get angry at my apparent bad luck. This seems to happen in the (what i think/though should be) the most desoalte places. ah well. it's easy to gear up and try again hehe

[/quote']

Yeah! That's the spirit ole' chap. Why enforce the rules when we can just ignore the offenders out of sheer politeness? That's the way to show 'em you mean business.

"Hey guys, kind of maybe follow the rules but only if it suits your fancy. No? Okay. No big deal, really. It was honestly just a friendly suggestion. Go about your business undermining the integrity of the greatest game ever made by giving people a safe haven on which to gather valuable items and equipment which they can then take to other, less tear-soaked servers and wreak havoc on the community. Yes, sir. You're really doing us all a favor, honestly. We shouldn't have even bothered bringing it up. No, no. It's cool. We'll let ourselves out and call a cab. Really. Not a problem. Thanks for having us, though.

*kisses ring*

*backs out slowly*

How about this: 2 versions of the mod. One is PvP friendly and the other not. No crossover, if you have a character on a friendly server you can't log on to a PvP server with your gear, that's a new character. I don't see a problem with this approach and it will stop all the bitching and whining from both sides.

[/quote']

"Hey guys, kind of maybe follow the rules but only if it suits your fancy. No? Okay. No big deal, really. It was honestly just a friendly suggestion. Go about your business undermining the integrity of the greatest game ever made by giving people a safe haven on which to gather valuable items and equipment which they can then take to other, less tear-soaked servers and wreak havoc on the community. Yes, sir. You're really doing us all a favor, honestly. We shouldn't have even bothered bringing it up. No, no. It's cool. We'll let ourselves out and call a cab. Really. Not a problem. Thanks for having us, though.

I love this person, for various reasons, one of which, is displayed above. Quite simply, he gets it.