People will still whine because they'll say that AS 50 still OS them, even with an armor... Plus i'm not really sure a BA won't stop a slug from a remington, not to mention the broken ribs the impact may cause.

-1 to the suggestion

+1

It only makes sense that this would be in the game (in military areas) since there's evidence of a military presence all over the island. Military weapons are found all over the place, whether abandoned or looted so you'd expect to see helmets, armor, and camo uniforms as well.

So long as it is tiered in terms of level of protection and it only protects the part of the player model that it actually covers it sounds like a plausible and more realistic addition to the game.

And to those who mention the weight: yes, it sucks to carry an IBA with plates in addition to a heavy pack and rifle for long distances....but it's not impossible...and if you're living every minute like it was your life then it wouldn't matter...after a while you get used to it. And I don't think it should take up a backpack slot....you can easily wear a backpack over armor. Also, body armor with plates do not cause extra noise (so long as you've tightened everything down and all the velcro is covered up.

Also, it was mentioned on the first page of this thread but on intervening pages people seem to have forgotten or neglected to read it: certain vests can stop assault rifle ammunition - usually no more than one round however. Range is also a factor.

People will still whine because they'll say that AS 50 still OS them, even with an armor... Plus i'm not really sure a BA won't stop a slug from a remington, not to mention the broken ribs the impact may cause.

-1 to the suggestion

Some one had a really great post explaining the many tiers of body armor explaining what it can and can't stop you should read it.

+1. The real danger in this game comes from bandits, and should shift back to zombies.

As long as the body armor doesn't protect against zombies, this idea is a step in the right direction.

Title says it all.

There should be two available types of Body Armor.

Similar to Camo Clothing and Ghillie Suit, Body Armor should take up your clothes spot and either recolor your vest or give you a new outfit.

Two forms of Body Armor exist.

Kevlar Vest - Sustains one shot or equivalent damage

Riot Suit - Sustains two shots or equivalent damage OR sustains one shot like the Kevlar Vest but also helps reduce zombie damage and reduces your chances of being knocked out/sustaining a broken bone/bleeding by a great percentage.

Kevlair Vest should be one of the rarest items in the game, and should only spawn in Military/Heli Crashes

Riot Suit should be THE rarest item in game, period, and should only spawn in the Barracks or only Heli Crashes. Note that it should only be the rarest item in the game if it is implemented with the ability to sustain two shots.

Edited by LordRayken

The kevlar vest sounds like a decent idea. But most of the guns in this game would shoot through them even with the armour. But against basic weapons it would be useful.

No. Currently, if someone with a hatchet stumbles upon a bandit with a sniper, the bandit is still going to take you down before you take him down. However, if you have a pistol, and the bandit dosent find you first, he's screwed. But if you throw this body armour into the game, the diffrence between the guy that just raided NW airfield and the guy scavenging for equipment in cherno will become insurmountable.

In short, insert this and all noobs are even more utterly screwed then before.

So, clans would have infinite body armor because they dupe them (whether on purpose or because of the tent bug), while nobody else has any?

body armor would be realistic if "Kevlar" stopped a bullet from killing you but still knocked you down or something. Correct me if I am wrong but kevlar stops pistol and shotgun penetration while plate armor stops rifle round penetrations and each grade depends on the type of caliber as well.

I think in real life if I had armor and got shot I would fall down and pass out.

This is something I could see being added to the game but the mod? dificult.

nah sorry it is good like it is now.

If its realistic and a simulation of "Real body armor" I dont see why not.

Title says it all.

There should be two available types of Body Armor.

Similar to Camo Clothing and Ghillie Suit, Body Armor should take up your clothes spot and either recolor your vest or give you a new outfit.

Two forms of Body Armor exist.

Kevlar Vest - Sustains one shot or equivalent damage

Riot Suit - Sustains two shots or equivalent damage OR sustains one shot like the Kevlar Vest but also helps reduce zombie damage and reduces your chances of being knocked out/sustaining a broken bone/bleeding by a great percentage.

Kevlair Vest should be one of the rarest items in the game, and should only spawn in Military/Heli Crashes

Riot Suit should be THE rarest item in game, period, and should only spawn in the Barracks or only Heli Crashes. Note that it should only be the rarest item in the game if it is implemented with the ability to sustain two shots.

Absolutely fucking not. Keep that shit in CoD.

Similar Thread Merged into this one.

I like the idea of body armor, but i think it should incorporated into a suit, like riot gear or something found at a police station (new map!), or i guess that could be one level of protection i guess if peeps are considering a range of diff armors to equip.

Going back to my old post and people stating in a very binary way of thinking (This option or this option) lets keep this close to realism as possible:

nce we are all realism nuts to at least some degree here is what different Plates (Level I, IIA, II, IIIA, III, and IV) protect people from IRL.

Level I: .22 Calibre Long Rifle and Pistol Rounds, and .38 Calibre Pistol Rounds.

Level IIA: 9mm and lower rounds and .357 Magnum Rounds

Level II: Same Calibres as IIA, however can deal with higher velocity rounds better (Different bullets have different grains of gunpowder loads, making them move faster out of the barrel of a gun).

Level IIIA: Protects the user from 9mm, .44 and .44 Magnum Rounds

Level III: Hard Plate with Soft TraumaPlate behind, this plate must protect the user from 6 shots from a 7.62mmx51mm Ball Round. This is the beginning of serious military and police hardware.

Level IV: Same as level III but must also protect the user from one Armor Piercing Round (30.06 Round).

Body armor cant stop anything above a shotgun or pistol. Its rare to be engaged by those, and I dont think the community wants body armor. I know I dont.

Vests can stop rifle cartridges.

I think this would be an awesome addition to the game.