I would love to see more types of clothing, such as body armor, different guille suits, and more camo.

It would make your character look even more unique or experienced when your wearing some hard to come by body armor. The protection should be pretty low considering realism, but it should help vs small arms or zombie attacks.

I'm sick of the ball cap / jacket model.

The items should be slotted just like the Binocs, NvGs. Helmet/Chest/Legs In my opinion. The only real reason behind that is because they should just be mostly flavor items to make your character look different than every single other person in the game.

Rare to find, just like camo, and should be only completely useless in terms of protection except small arms and to prevent bleeding from zombies.

Sounds good as long as I don't spawn in the ocean :D.

I'm on board as long as;

- You have a higher chance to have bones broken when being shot with armour on. ie less blood loss, but more incapacitation

- High calibre rounds (anything above 7.62mm really) negate body armour.

- Also could implement AP rounds for weapons? Kinda like how there's slugs and pellets for shotguns. They negate body armour and do less damage to a non-armoured target but cause massive amounts of bleeding or something like that

What I don't want is to see Mastur Cheef taking a .50 to the chest and returning fire as if nothing happened T_T Body armour should make bullets less lethal, not less concerning

No.

Carebears are all for this idea, I can see. But you'll all bitch and complain when super bandits get it.

Well, I like it, aslong it won't make THAT much difference when it comes to PvP, just something to slightly protect you.

No.

Carebears are all for this idea' date=' I can see. But you'll all bitch and complain when super bandits get it.

[/quote']

Wow what an ass you should at least give it a chance.

It is a very good idea. It's another thing that may reduce a bandits desire to kill you. If they don't hit you in the head, you may have a chance to actually get your bearings and fire back at them.

Small steps guys.

Since there has been more and more pvp in-game body armor would be a great addition making users more resilient to bullets and making the shooter think twice before capping a victim because the would just waist there bullets. Just a suggestion. Post below if you like the idea. Thanks for reading! :D

You say that as though the griefers won't have access to the same armor, and thus the same protection.

Ye i would like to see an body armor system too +1

it would help you to survive 1 more shot and may help you to survive a murder

Since there has been more and more pvp in-game body armor would be a great addition making users more resilient to bullets and making the shooter think twice before capping a victim because the would just waist there bullets. Just a suggestion. Post below if you like the idea. Thanks for reading! :D

You say that as though the griefers won't have access to the same armor' date=' and thus the same protection.

[/quote']

Uhh the statement wasn't meant to be interpreted that way sorry if it confused you.

I'm in agreement, although I see it with a different change in the idea.

New slots, one for skins and another for body armor. I don't know if the engine allows for this.

Skin can go with the empty helmet slot is, and the other can go somewhere else.

Body armor would need to slow down the user, and although it should protect from damage it should be limited. Like say chest only protection, increases chance to be knocked down per hit taken, but lower damage percentage (35% less blood lost, which is transfered to the body armor, which breaks at a maximum number) and an increased bleed chance (if it isn't 100% from bullet wounds already).

And important notes-

*Does not stop zombie attacks.

*Can not be equipped with ghillie suits. (Armor or stealth, not both)

I like the idea don’t think it is possible though. As long as it’s just the torso being protected by a Kevlar vest and a ballistic trauma plate and your face, head, arms, groin, legs are still vulnerable like in real life I’m game for it.

The starting gear is not a bullet proof vest it’s just a tactical load bearing vest. It’s possible that it can carry an armor plate in the front and back some of the higher end vests are designed for that.

I know class IIIA vests with an armor plate can stop a 12g slug but the actual force on impact is enough to incapacitate, break bones or even stop the victim’s heart.

I think the current system is relatively fine. DayZ/arma 2 is relatively realistic. I do not think body armor would be a great addition to the game. It would make it too much like cod or bf3 where players can just absorb bullets. This will make it worse for both survivors and bandits just as alt+f4ing makes it worse for both survivors and bandits in firefights. In my opinion this would not be a very balanced addition to the game.

I'm a carebear and I'd prefer to know that the guy shooting at me is as vulnerable as I am.

I think part of the vision of this mod is that you can die at any time without warning. Putting a mechanic there that makes it harder for you to die without serious drawbacks doesn't cater to the give-and-take of this game. If this is implemented it ought to have serious consequences - like taking the backpack slot or reduced movement speed. Or be bright pink because that would be hilarious.

+1

Body armor is realistic and should exist in areas where you find military items. It makes sense to me.

+1

Body armor is realistic and should exist in areas where you find military items. It makes sense to me.

What he said

Will bump until implemented. There should be light, medium and heavy armor. Ideally the more types the better - 9 would be nice.

there is armor simulation already. if it's not that thick as you got used in other games it doesn't mean there is no armor.

body armor is close to irl parameters so get used.

Not a bad idea, but it could be bad implementation. Would liven up fights, but I don't like the idea of giving people who already have an advantage a bigger one. (IE using it near the coast) Perhaps restrict it to certain parts of the map, like only up north? Though, that would be hard to justify realism wise.

Not a bad idea' date=' but it could be bad implementation. Would liven up fights, but I don't like the idea of giving people who already have an advantage a bigger one. (IE using it near the coast) Perhaps restrict it to certain parts of the map, like only up north? Though, that would be hard to justify realism wise.

[/quote']

It would probably have to be restricted to military areas like barracks or airstrips.

Not a bad idea' date=' but it could be bad implementation. Would liven up fights, but I don't like the idea of giving people who already have an advantage a bigger one. (IE using it near the coast) Perhaps restrict it to certain parts of the map, like only up north? Though, that would be hard to justify realism wise.

[/quote']

It would probably have to be restricted to military areas like barracks or airstrips.

Makes sense. Keep it where it would make sense to have it.

Isnt rocket really big on the idea of different clothing?

I think there is a high chance for this happening anyways

To Everyone saying that this introduces a mechanic that makes it harder for you to die: Im not talking about taking a .50 calibre round to the chest and walking away, getting shot is going to do damage, but it gives you a chance if your attacker doesnt have the best aim, or the right kind of optics to take you out at a distance. I'm not a carebear, im for tactical realism and if I was in a zombie apocalypse I would be wearing this kind of stuff, because you never know what kind of situation your going to run in.

Very good points though:

1. Stealth or Armor, not both.

2. Damage (Broken Ribs, Potential Bleeding) needs to happen on impact.

3. Should only spawn in Military areas and be relatively rare.

4. It should stop melee damage to the chest (as thats where your wearing it, nowhere else)

I don't think this is such a good idea.

At least it should restrict your stamina greatly, kevlar doesn't breathe and it's extremely uncomfortable during long patrols. Trauma plates are heavy and they're a pain in the ass to carry, and I don't know if the characters can even have such protection parameters.

But it might be possible. I just don't see how or why...

I don't think this is such a good idea.

At least it should restrict your stamina greatly' date=' kevlar doesn't breathe and it's extremely uncomfortable during long patrols. Trauma plates are heavy and they're a pain in the ass to carry, and I don't know if the characters can even have such protection parameters.

But it might be possible. I just don't see how or why...

[/quote']

Your right there should be some bad side effects from wearing them like moving slower or making more noise when moving or both because if they aren't nerfed in some way shape or form well lets just say the person who finds some armor will have a field day.

I think body armor is a good idea. Even light armors like ballistic vests should reduce the damage taken (damage to the blood counter thing). Not much, like -10% to blood damage taken from a small-normal caliber bullet, maybe it could allow you to survive 2 hits (right now you usually die from 2 hits from most guns). And it could also reduce damage taken from zombie attacks. Heavier armors should give even more protection, but they would make you slower, and make you get tired quicker and you would also need to drink more water.