Sign in to follow this  
Naberius (DayZ)

This patch is littertly game breaking.

This patch has pretty much screwed dayZ so hard, I will not be playing anymore of it until these bugs are fixed.

I understand this game is alpha. Im not saying this game should be flawless, and I understand completely that no patch is going to be the end of all the bugs there are right now. But im saying this patch has LITERATELY broke the game in so many ways.

The two biggest offenders are the item locks, and the movement glitch. 

The item lock is a constant bug that seems to happen as soon as you get hit and go into bleed out. This bug makes it so that you CAN NOT USE ITEMS, only inspect them. I don't know FOR SURE how to get this bug to activate, but for me it is always after I get hit and start to bleed, either from zombies or other players. Any of you who plays this game knows that this is CRIPPLING in a fight. Not being able to manually reload (magazines still work) or use bandages is a sure fire way to a quick death, and this has happened 5 times. Today. The only way to fix this bug is to log out and log back in...luckily there is always that retarded log in counter for a good 8 minutes. Im not sure WHY this needed to be uped from 5 to 8 but ok. I guess they did int have any other important things to work on right?

The movement glitch ive mentioned is when you attempt to vault over a small fence. If it works, good for you. If not...you are going to have an unfun next 20 minuets. You can try as you might to hop over a little obstacle but it wont work, youll get tired, and try and walk around it....only to find yourself jumping up and down, non-stop, while moving forward. And AFTER that stops in the next 10 minuets your character will cease to move for the next 10 as well. The only way to move is to mash the W key as fast as you can. This has ALSO killed me a good 3 times.

I wont go into the other retarded changes this patch (Like making zombie vs melee combat HARDER instead of, you know...making melee combat less clunky and awkward to being with. Or adding a drastically increased server log in time) But these two patch inducing bugs are more than enough to turn me away from the game as of now.. I can only hope they realize this issue and patch these bugs ASAP.

• Like 8

I've had two pairs of pants ruined my zombies today, both in ONE hit.

Not quiet sure why the zeds are so interested in my junk, but still... I feel your pain, there's a lot of stuff that really needs fixing come from this latest update, hopefully it'll happen soon.

• Like 1

I was just on a server for three hours with the wife. We ran from NEAF to NWAF to SWAF. We switched servers after three hours and were met with a 320 seconds timer.

WTF?

• Like 7

I was just on a server for three hours with the wife. We ran from NEAF to NWAF to SWAF. We switched servers after three hours and were met with a 320 seconds timer.

WTF?

Fairly sure it's also based on the speed that you change servers. Even if you're on a server for 3 hours, then change servers after only being out of the previous one for like, 40-60 seconds, you get a decent sized timer.

WTF?

Wow bro, you must be a real macho if you call your girl "the wife" :D

• Like 3

WTF?

I thought your wife died in season 3.

Anyway, the wait timers are excessive, yeah and if they did it to combat server hoppers and ghosters, they wouldn't have removed the reload sound on log-in. Not quite sure what they'd hope to achieve with all this.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 2

I think you'd be surprised at how common that is.

• Like 3

Fairly sure it's also based on the speed that you change servers. Even if you're on a server for 3 hours, then change servers after only being out of the previous one for like, 40-60 seconds, you get a decent sized timer.

That's really stupid if that's what they did.

Well I've spent enough money on her over the years and she made me suffer through a wedding, so I might as well use her proper title, eh? ;3

I thought your wife died in season 3.

Anyway, the wait timers are excessive, yeah and if they did it to combat server hoppers and ghosters, they wouldn't have removed the reload sound on log-in. Not quite sure what they'd hope to achieve with all this.

Nah, I wish... LEL JK =)

I was also wondering that the other day... what is the reasoning behind removing the reloading noises upon logging in? If you're logged out somewhere safe with no ill intentions, the reload sounds didn't bother anyone. If someone is trying to ghost you, however, the reload sounds were the only thing saving your life.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 4

Misuse of the word "literally" makes me figuratively insane.

• Like 14

This patch has pretty much screwed dayZ so hard, I will not be playing anymore of it until these bugs are fixed.

I understand this game is alpha. 

Hello there

I do not mean to be harsh, but the game being Alpha means that often the game will be broken.

If you want a bug free experience you need to wait until the full release. And even then there may well be issues.

Arma 2 was supported for many years after release.

Many patches WILL literally break the game.

Thats what you have signed up to playing at this early stage.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 9

Grammar-Nazi-Meme-Gif-Sheds-a-Tear-Of-To

I dont like nazis in any form.

but you know i love you

back on topic!

L

• Like 1

When I first started playing and started seeing "bugs", my first thoughts were not "WTF?! This is crap! I need to get onto the game's forums and complain about how I hate this and that."

My first thoughts and still running thoughts are: "Upon purchasing this unfinished game I was painfully aware I would be involving myself with a development of a game that will contain many bugs and issues."  If the game was void of bugs and issues it would not be called a pre alpha release and I would of probably had to spend double the money.

They even makes us "accept" that we understand this upon every single time the game is fired up. Yet people still feel the need to complain about something they agreed to partake in. So silly.

• Like 2

I wont go into the other retarded changes this patch (Like making zombie vs melee combat HARDER instead of, you know...making melee combat less clunky and awkward to being with. Or adding a drastically increased server log in time) But these two patch inducing bugs are more than enough to turn me away from the game as of now.. I can only hope they realize this issue and patch these bugs ASAP.

You saying that right there, makes you sound so ********. I'm sorry, you may have the ability to complain about game breaking bugs (that's good but you did it in a illogical way) but saying things like the highlighted just shows how much ignorance you have. If your going to complain about changes at least **cking read the patch notes. *sigh*

Hello there

I do not mean to be harsh, but the game being Alpha means that often the game will be broken.

If you want a bug free experience you need to wait until the full release. And even then there may well be issues.

Arma 2 was supported for many years after release.

Many patches WILL literally break the game.

Thats what you have signed up to playing at this early stage.

Rgds

LoK

Understandable. But then again what is the 8 minute timer for? That's not broken, that's implemented. Is it to test to see how many people don't come back in?

• Like 1

WTF?

Theres a very very very good reason for the timer, did you read this?

[–]rocket2gunsRocket

1 dag siden *

One of the issues is that swapping servers causes a serious performance issue for the central server not to mention the game server itself. This involves a real cost, both financial and in overall performance, of the entire network. We have many changes planned for this system, but as it stands now, switching servers places a great strain on theentire architecture so we must do absolutely everything we can to discourage it, and when it does occur, give the server maximum time to process logins at it's own convenience.

On a game server level, the single biggest performance hit to a server is when a new player joins. Depending on the amount of inventory, a new player can have a performance impact orders of magnitude more than a new character for an existing server player. On the central server level, the most demanding thing the central server does is to authenticate and load a player on a server.

It does not matter if the difference between your login is 10 seconds, or 10 hours - each login results in a strain on the system. The main issue with 100 person servers is not the server operating, but it's inability to deal with the constant flow of connections + disconnections. A 100 person server with no connections and disconnections is quite stable and performance is acceptable.

While we are investigating other solutions, such as improving performance and queuing systems - these take time and in order to do this we have to solve some other issues first.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23tzhy/just_spent_a_few_hours_on_stable_here_are_my/ch0rhzj

I think it's time to stop writing "it's alpha". This is ridiculous, shouldn't take this long to fix two of the biggest game ruining bugs, zombie glitching and all melee weapons as well as most hand guns being useless.

I think it's time to stop writing "it's alpha". This is ridiculous, shouldn't take this long to fix two of the biggest game ruining bugs, zombie glitching and all melee weapons as well as most hand guns being useless.

It's time to stop writing alpha when the game is not in alpha stage. You don't know what Alpha stage means so I can see why you would think that. I'm sorry you literally have no idea what you are talking about at all, but thanks for your comments and how to actually fix problems!

It's time to stop writing alpha when the game is not in alpha stage. You don't know what Alpha stage means so I can see why you would think that. I'm sorry you literally have no idea what you are talking about at all, but thanks for your comments and how to actually fix problems!

Did you even bother reading my whole comment, before attacking me?

It has already been adressed, why zombie glitching will take a long time to fix, so thats out of the question.

The "broken" melee atm is the result of ongoing testing to find the best solution, so it is obviously being looked into.

The damage of weapons are being tweaked constantly, but none of them are useless imho, its a matter of use and oppinion.

So i have no other choice atm..... alpha!

See what you made me do there? alpha! early acces! still in development! NOT beta! NOT a finished game!

Im having a hard time understanding why you deside when its not alpha anymore mate, as far as i can see you have nothing to do with either the dev team or BI in general.

It took them well over a year to create what DayZ is now, how can they just "magicly" make the rest of the game in 6 months?

Be realistic, its not a big dev team, its not a multi billion dollar company like EA or Ubisoft.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

the only REAL gamebreaking bug is where you break your legs and/or die in the ocean and can't respawn. this is gamebreaking because you can't even play the game any more until this bug gets fixed. everything else is pure hypochondriac behavior

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

It has already been adressed, why zombie glitching will take a long time to fix, so thats out of the question.

The "broken" melee atm is the result of ongoing testing to find the best solution, so it is obviously being looked into.

The damage of weapons are being tweaked constantly, but none of them are useless imho, its a matter of use and oppinion.

So i have no other choice atm..... alpha!

See what you made me do there? alpha! early acces! still in development! NOT beta! NOT a finished game!

Im having a hard time understanding why you deside when its not alpha anymore mate, as far as i can see you have nothing to do with either the dev team or BI in general.

It took them well over a year to create what DayZ is now, how can they just "magicly" make the rest of the game in 6 months?

Be realistic, its not a big dev team, its not a multi billion dollar company like EA or Ubisoft.

Are all members retarded on this forum. Just because it's in alpha stage, it doesn't mean they shouldn't fix biggest problems in the game. I'm having a break from this game for a month now, because I lost everything to a single zombie, who killed me with a single shot, who glitched through a wall and my hand gun was apparently shooting blanks.

They made 30million, maybe they should use that money to get experienced designers and scripters.

Edited by orlok
dont use the R word.