DMack

Who likes the login timer?

I don't.

I can understand the logout timer to stop combat logging. I get it. If you're hopping in order to manipulate the situation in battle then I can understand it if you're trying to log into a server that you were just recently on.

But is a 500 second login timer really necessary in any scenario? Sometimes people just want to try a couple different servers to see what's up and where the action is. I just got 500 seconds for logging in twice.

I mean really....

In the time it took me to alt tab and post that I still have 190 seconds left....

• Like 4

To me, it just signifies that we need a more permanent and applicable solution to combat logging, server hopping, and ghosting (or any combination of the overlapping three).

• Like 3

To me, it just signifies that we need a more permanent and applicable solution to combat logging, server hopping, and ghosting (or any combination of the overlapping three).

Agreed.

Yup and that is private hives or one character per server on public hives.

• Like 3

So....im stuck on the top part of the ladder in a highrise and I can't get back into the building because it's bugged and the opening is higher than the inside of the elevator shaft....

The only way seems to be logging out while running towards the opening and then logging back in but I've tried it twice now and have spend over 1000 seconds in the logout timer. I'm still in the same situation I started in.

Good Job DayZ dev team.

• Like 4

I think a better way to prevent server hopping without annoying every single DayZ player, they could make it so for 500 seconds when you log into another server you cannot see or pick up any loot at all.

• Like 1

Well, it's annoying enough for me that it's stopped my server hopping. I guess it works.

One guy per server would be grand that way I can just not give a fuck with half of em

It worked great with the mod and would work here I am sure just test it for a while I mean it is a alpha test.

I dont even know why there is a exparmental branch the whole game is a big test,I guess its so they can test 2 versions of the game at once.

I read this as "sometimes people just want to try a couple different servers to see if the airfield has loot"

• Like 1

I love it.  Gives me time to stretch go to the bathroom, make something to eat and grab a beer.  It's also conveniently long enough for me to go to the liquor store and back just in time.

• Like 7

I love it.  Gives me time to stretch go to the bathroom, make something to eat and grab a beer.  It's also conveniently long enough for me to go to the liquor store and back just in time.

This, love it. 

Why doesn't this thread come with poll? lol

The timers need to be removed in favor of a more permanent solution. I have a full time job and can only play about 1-2 hours per night, a few nights per week. Getting kicked from a server and having to wait over 5 minutes to play a game just makes me want to play a different game.

That is definitely a good attitude to have! :)

Edited by scriptfactory

I think until they get loot to respawn/more incentive to stay on one server they should make it 2 minutes max.

5+ minutes is ridiculous.

I've always said it was a cheap fix at best and now it's 500 seconds. /facepalm...

Well now I can fit in a anti-combat jerk.

Edited by RyBo

I don't mind it, I've had one negative experience from it when losing connection and i just went and grabbed a snack while waiting...

I join servers where the admin randomly kicks me for no reason, happens over and over. I know i should report them somewhere else, but this is so annoying. There should be a report server button which make sit easier. Its just a joke that people get kicked so the admin can gear up. Anyways, this keeps getting me a timer.

My internet connection breaks regularly thats just how it is, it happens frequently, i lose connection and have to wait 500 seconds again.

I have been server hopping as well and still do it sometimes. The 500 timer doesnt stop any person that rly wants to do it. You just live with it and wait the time. Server hoppers are delayed but not stopped.

I think the logout timer to stop combat logging is sooo nice. I really love it. For a permanent solution i would suggest to not have server start at round times and not display players on the server when less than 10 people. Might be stupid, but when I was hopping i searched for low-population servers that recently restarted, having them restart at 8:39 rather then 08:00 will make a segnificant impact, because you cannot tell if a server is already up long. Same applies to low-populated server, you are just not able to tell anymore if the server is freshly restarted, therefor hopping for loot wouldn't work good.

Why not just make the long timer apply only to the server you just left if ghosting is the concern?

Make it a shorter timer if you're just switching to another server. Nothing like a battle eye error to toss you from a server a few times and you spend 10-15 minutes just trying to get back in. 

If you want to curb loot hunters make the timer progressive and have it built up the more servers people hop to. Give the "debuff"  a timer to rest. 1st hop, 2 minutes, second hop, 4 minutes, 3rd hop, 6, or whatever is fair. 

Logout timer is fine IMO. 

The only issue I have with the log in timer is that the server can't tell the difference between a crash and a log out, The amount of time I've wasted because I've got kicked off the server for what ever reason other than me leaving and having to wait 300 or what ever seconds is really annoying for me.

I say keep the timers, not a problem for me, but at least figure out a way for the server to be able to tell the difference from a DC to a log out.

Why not just make the long timer apply only to the server you just left if ghosting is the concern?

Make it a shorter timer if you're just switching to another server. Nothing like a battle eye error to toss you from a server a few times and you spend 10-15 minutes just trying to get back in. 

If you want to curb loot hunters make the timer progressive and have it built up the more servers people hop to. Give the "debuff"  a timer to rest. 1st hop, 2 minutes, second hop, 4 minutes, 3rd hop, 6, or whatever is fair. 

Logout timer is fine IMO. 

I support your opinion and have suggested that before.

Added to this there could be another aproach,

#1 Amount of loot linear proportional to number of players. (= it pays off better to loot on high pop servers than on empty)

#2 No "high-end-loot" until x number of players, there will be only basic weapons so you can handle the environment. (stops serverhopping for loot on empty servers)

#3 Loot you found will be lost if you do not carry it in-game a certain time. (I.e. play the game.)

Then I would like a direct connection to all forums here, on Steam and on reddit that wipes all that cries over their lost carbines and pristine vests or that Z´s ruined the above mentioned.

:)

Yeah, 500 seconds is stupid, I don't care what your reasoning is. I thought they were making it so that if you disconnect from a server and go to rejoin, you wouldn't suffer from the timer, but alas, you still do, and it's a crock of shit.

• Like 2

500 seconds? i have only got 300

... one character per server on public hives.

This would negate the benefits of a global economy and cross-server clan battles.

They should just make player location save on a per-server basis. If you go to a new server you spawn with all of your gear in a fresh spawn location. Server hopping and ghosting fixed.