SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Sup, what happend to the expservers??

Sup, what happend to the expservers??

The big hope is that they are being updated to a new version, at least I hope so.

Maintenance?

can't remember exp. was affected on maintenance sometimes.

So...it's going to stable today or being made ready to go to stable today? It'll be nice having something to do in the game.

I know it would annoy people a lot but honestly I think it would be good if our characters got wiped, just so everyone that spammed M4 drops has to work harder to get one again :P

• Like 2

I know it would annoy people a lot but honestly I think it would be good if our characters got wiped, just so everyone that spammed M4 drops has to work harder to get one again :P

I'd be happy to get rid of my M4 and get an AKM. It's my new goal.

This way the dilemma what to do with my M4 won't happen when I finally find the AK :D

Edited by f1v3

I'd be happy to get rid of my M4 and get an AKM. It's my new goal.

This way the dilemma what to do with my M4 won't happen when I finally find the AK :D

At least you don't just want the apparent best weapon :P  personally I still prefer the SKS to everything I don't care about stats, though I'll take an auto if I can expect to come across groups.

I really think they should wipe them though, since the M4 is supposed to be like God tier it's unfair that tons of people will have it when everyone else will have to go to a bandit camp(also known as heli crash site) or find an AKM. It's not like the people with M4's had to work to get them takes like 10 minutes to find one depending on where you spawn...

Plus it would be hilarious seeing all the complaints on the forum :lol:

• Like 2

So...it's going to stable today or being made ready to go to stable today? It'll be nice having something to do in the game.

I agree theres too many hoarders and questionable inventories i think they should do regular wipes throughout the Alpha until more anti cheat is in place. Maybe a monthly wipe or something

I agree theres too many hoarders and questionable inventories i think they should do regular wipes throughout the Alpha until more anti cheat is in place. Maybe a monthly wipe or something

Yeah, too many people seem to think that this is a serious game right now when it's obviously not done.

I wouldn't enjoy my character being wiped but it would be cool getting in a routine of playing it for a couple of weeks then leaving it until I got wiped, so long as they consistently updated it every month with every wipe it could work, every time you play you have something new to discover.

People dissatisfied with that could just play the mod, a different game or wait until the game is complete which they should understand that it isn't.

Yeah, too many people seem to think that this is a serious game right now when it's obviously not done.

I wouldn't enjoy my character being wiped but it would be cool getting in a routine of playing it for a couple of weeks then leaving it until I got wiped, so long as they consistently updated it every month with every wipe it could work, every time you play you have something new to discover.

People dissatisfied with that could just play the mod, a different game or wait until the game is complete which they should understand that it isn't.

No no, this is not a good idea for those who play survival. Why should I just start over and over again? Just because you are afraid of M4...

EDIT: I refer to the previous post...

Edited by lucianpin

No no, this is not a good idea for those who play survival. Why should I just start over and over again? Just because you are afraid of M4...

I'm not afraid of them it's just annoying how skill-less fools who only had to run to an airfield to get theirs keep them when everyone else is going to have to work for them and just hope they're at heli crash sites. EDIT and it would be a hindrance to bandits which is always nice if they die it will take them a lot longer to get their precious M4 and taped STANAG mags.

This isn't a complete game, it doesn't really matter about your character they'll probably all be wiped for the final and Beta releases anyway.

As the saying on the forum goes "don't get attached to your character" (gear too)

So long as there was consistently new guns, items and/or features after every wipe I don't think people would care, look how many people have stopped playing until this next update, it gets boring when there's nothing new.

I enjoy the adventure of having to find the basics again, even better when it's made difficult.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

Honestly, what is so hard about hitting up and AF, military outpost or a police station and finding an AKM instead?  You guys act like there is some huge difference between people running around with M4s and an AKM.   On experimental I had almost no trouble finding AKM and now that they have basically the same attachments as the M4.  So unless they seriously reduced the spawn rate of AKMs, it won't make a difference.

because so many people dupers, hackers, using inventory inception (backpacks inside another) this can cause lag/desync for everyone...

so it would put everyone clean, people would have to loot again...Helps to keep the game balanced when things have been removed or changed and people still have their stash..So seems like its needed at this stage

I noticed it during the beginning of this exp build that if I entered a hangar it looked empty, but if I moved further in the loot at the back would suddenly pop up. That is a bit too short rendering distance for my liking, since you will eventually end up missing out on a lot of loot that was actually just nearby your character. However this is probably the price to pay until 64-bit and general optmisation are done, and thats a fair compromise for the current relative smoothness of the game, I think.

Oh, I agree. Was just a suggesting as I've been looking out for changes that might be being made to help with the servers. I don't mind as I got used to it when it was just as bad when I started playing, even if it did mean going into hangars and sheds and zooming in from the middle of it to check loot at the back.

Looking forward to trying 0.45 later on the stable servers, seeing if it makes a difference to the lag issues yesterday.

Has anyone seen an indication of what might be coming in the experimental update that Hicks mentioned for later?

I'm not afraid of them it's just annoying how skill-less fools who only had to run to an airfield to get theirs keep them when everyone else is going to have to work for them and just hope they're at heli crash sites. EDIT and it would be a hindrance to bandits which is always nice if they die it will take them a lot longer to get their precious M4 and taped STANAG mags.

This isn't a complete game, it doesn't really matter about your character they'll probably all be wiped for the final and Beta releases anyway.

As the saying on the forum goes "don't get attached to your character" (gear too)

So long as there was consistently new guns, items and/or features after every wipe I don't think people would care, look how many people have stopped playing until this next update, it gets boring when there's nothing new.

I enjoy the adventure of having to find the basics again, even better when it's made difficult.

because so many people dupers, hackers, using inventory inception (backpacks inside another) this can cause lag/desync for everyone...

so it would put everyone clean, people would have to loot again...Helps to keep the game balanced when things have been removed or changed and people still have their stash..So seems like its needed at this stage

I understand all this, but do you realize what it mean a complete wipe every week? Maybe you have the time to play 8 hours a day every day, but someone maybe is playing 4 of 7 days a week only 2 hours. After you have some items and prepare for hunting and enjoy your game: surprise, you have to start again. People are annoyed about KoS because they have to start again because of this stupid reason. So you would introduce another reason to start again?

Edited by lucianpin

Honestly, what is so hard about hitting up and AF, military outpost or a police station and finding an AKM instead?  You guys act like there is some huge difference between people running around with M4s and an AKM.   On experimental I had almost no trouble finding AKM and now that they have basically the same attachments as the M4.  So unless they seriously reduced the spawn rate of AKMs, it won't make a difference.

Well that will no doubt be changed in future, the AKM is a bit harder to use too which is nice since KoS assholes will need to try harder instead of just spamming that mousebutton until everything is dead.

They obviously just want feedback on how the experience changes when it's AKM's people find, if it's just as bad or even worse they'll definitely be rare next update.

I understand all this, but do you realize what it mean a complete wipe every week? Maybe you have the time to play 8 hours a day every day, but someone maybe is playing 4 of 7 days a week only 2 hours. After you have some items and prepare for hunting and enjoy your game: surprise, you have to start again. People are anodyne about KoS because they have to start again because of this stupid reason. So you would introduce another reason to start again?

Nobody said anything about every week, every month. Every month if they consistently had an update is what I'm talking about, so it's like you have to start again and enjoy what's new and maybe learn how to survive again since something like disease you might already have the cure for, making it not at all hard for you to survive it.

Whereas if you get wiped you have to see just how hard the game can be.

Once you find all the pills you're basically immortal, people being forced to find them again when they become rarer and rarer makes this game more what it's supposed to be, survival.

Well that will no doubt be changed in future, the AKM is a bit harder to use too which is nice since KoS assholes will need to try harder instead of just spamming that mousebutton until everything is dead.

They obviously just want feedback on how the experience changes when it's AKM's people find, if it's just as bad or even worse they'll definitely be rare next update.

Nobody said anything about every week, every month. Every month if they consistently had an update is what I'm talking about, so it's like you have to start again and enjoy what's new and maybe learn how to survive again since something like disease you might already have the cure for, making it not at all hard for you to survive it.

Whereas if you get wiped you have to see just how hard the game can be.

Once you find all the pills you're basically immortal, people being forced to find them again when they become rarer and rarer makes this game more what it's supposed to be, survival.

I agree almost everything you say, rare loot, disease. But for me is hard to accept a wipe. Maybe is just me. If game has something new, ok fine, but I decide if I want to start again.

I agree almost everything you say, rare loot, disease. But for me is hard to accept a wipe. Maybe is just me. If game has something new, ok fine, but I decide if I want to start again.

Well it's not really a game yet more of a half-game, I guess people should just not treat it like they will when it's the full release since it will be a vastly different game/experience. At that point it's going to be worth getting attached to your character and gear because surviving will be hard, no more gearing up in 10 minutes.

I think if it stayed the way it is and people were just left with having scrounged everything they needed when they finally died and had to get everything they had again how much harder it is to find said stuff would be a bit of a shock, so it would be great for us testers to get used to all the new features as they're added instead of never having dealt with sickness before because we already had charcoal tabs stocked up from many updates ago then dying and not knowing where to look or what to do.

It would be positive in the end. Perhaps people would even enjoy helping others survive instead of just killing them too.

awwww. pills (*_*)

still at work! stable 0.45 already? i m so impatient i know! but i wantz my dayz!

Edited by brumey

Well it's not really a game yet more of a half-game, I guess people should just not treat it like they will when it's the full release since it will be a vastly different game/experience. At that point it's going to be worth getting attached to your character and gear because surviving will be hard, no more gearing up in 10 minutes.

I think if it stayed the way it is and people were just left with having scrounged everything they needed when they finally died and had to get everything they had again how much harder it is to find said stuff would be a bit of a shock, so it would be great for us testers to get used to all the new features as they're added instead of never having dealt with sickness before because we already had charcoal tabs stocked up from many updates ago then dying and not knowing where to look or what to do.

It would be positive in the end. Perhaps people would even enjoy helping others survive instead of just killing them too.

Well, again I have different opinion. We are not testers, we just payed for early access and will provide some feedback. Let's be honest: we payed to play. Real testing is not fun at all and cannot enjoy a game while testing. But for that you must to get payed.

Well, again I have different opinion. We are not testers, we just payed for early access and will provide some feedback. Let's be honest: we payed to play. Real testing is not fun at all and cannot enjoy a game while testing. But for that you must to get payed.

Considering I spend hours trying to loot all of the new items, then go test them somewhere in a random field and provide feedback for the devs to use to fix the new items, I feel I am testing the game in the manner they intended.

Experimental usually go down for a patch, like this one. They will come back eventually, however. There just needs to be another patch, that is worth it.

• Like 1