SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

So i have noticed two things. One is that items in the inventory now have a purple shine/glow to them. Also, we cant cut trees or bushes any more. Any other things missing or wrong after the patch? 

Also, we cant cut trees or bushes any more. Any other things missing or wrong after the patch? 

Do you mean we can't make firewood out of trees no more?

All "new" stuff disappear for me.
Can't chop , can't search for apples , can't mine rock etc.
 So we have stable 0.44 with 0.45 number .
But rubberbanding is gone .

Maybe on wednesday will be normal 0.45.

Do you mean we can't make firewood out of trees no more?

yes, no cutting trees or bushes for wood and sticks. Gas cookers are gonna be more valuable until they fix this.

I just looted the big airfield twice (it wasnt looted before i got there). No AKM or AKM parts, No P1 pistol or mag, No mega tactical vest and the M4 is back to being easy to find. I also notice that the new version is 0.45.124426 and the one from last week (or the title of the tread) is 0.45.12499 ... Is it possible we got a downgrade ???

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

Can someone test if there are animals before complaining about a downgrade?

Well I mean, id rather deal without chopping firewood and just ind it than I would like to deal with damn teleporting bullshit. If taking out a feature is what It takes, fine. Itll be back before long, and logs/sticks are still in the loot tables and can be found in buildings. so i say fine, they fixed what was wrong. Im glad they did so. Just gonna have to stock up on gas canisters and hope theres still animals.

Well I mean, id rather deal without chopping firewood and just ind it than I would like to deal with damn teleporting bullshit. If taking out a feature is what It takes, fine. Itll be back before long, and logs/sticks are still in the loot tables and can be found in buildings. so i say fine, they fixed what was wrong. Im glad they did so. Just gonna have to stock up on gas canisters and hope theres still animals.

You are absolutely right. It still is a little odd though, to say the very least, that everytime they appear to do a step forward it all goes two steps back.

Edited by EpeeNoire

Is it just me or are there a lot more zeds around? Seem to be overrun by them just south of Berezino. The blue light around my inventory items seems to have disappeared, though.

Also, can't replicate it again, but after having to spam the hotkey about 15 times to get my pickaxe out to kill a zed, something didn't seem quite right about the way it was being held....

10431684_10152506680869791_6808493197634

Hey, gotta have the base to get new features. You cant just go Tom and Jerry it and nail boards together into space and expect to stand on it. They had to take a board off to put more foundation down. thats perfectly acceptable, IMO.

• Like 3

Update. M4 mags are all over the darn place. That value must have gotten screwed up a bit.

same 4 me , can u chop down tree ? or did you find the akm ?

Same for me...thought my GPU was going crazy XD

No RB for me!

Will this tweet from Hicks calm you a bit? 

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 3

Can't search for apples, can't dig for worms with hoe and I found a 40/40 m4 mag at construction site. Something definitely is wrong here.

The blue hue at some point disappeared, but when I switched melee weapons it returned. Haven't seen any animals, but I have heard the familiar growling of the bunny at some point.

Players may notice some function or features not showing up on exp right now, will be updated back in after a night of testing. (In the AM)

Hicks just tweeted this ... guess we have to wait a bit mor

• Like 4

Players may notice some function or features not showing up on exp right now, will be updated back in after a night of testing. (In the AM)

Hicks just tweeted this ... guess we have to wait a bit mor

Damn! You beat me...Beans for you  :beans:

• Like 2

Haven't been able to find a server that had access to my old character, so I guess I'll have to search for an axe again. 

I think they did a deliberate character database purge. It happens with all updates on experimental.

• Like 1

Guess I will play on non-experimental for a while, no point on playing on the experimental servers with all the new content removed :(

plus

m4s replaced AKMs again, no sign of AKM, no longhorn, nope!

m4s everywhere, m4 parts, scopes, mags and ammo everywhere

no heli crash

no animals

no hunting

no making campfires

pink glow like 'dis be enchanted items from minecraft

no megavest anymore

can split ammo to pristine again

can do the glitch in NEAF jail again

its 0.44 again

edit: i've only been in the west after this, so is novodmitrovsk still there?

Edited by Xytra

I have the blue hue too. :) No rubberbanding so far.

Guess I will play on non-experimental for a while, no point on playing on the experimental servers with all the new content removed :(

tumblr_n7a26plrp31sfhyoqo1_250.gif

You are testing something really important right now: 64 bit dayz

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of lag/freezes by any chance? I tried on 2 different servers and both kept freezing off and on

making it really hard to play.

• Like 2

I can certainly confirm that you can't cut down any type of tree with either type of axe. Although I have noticed wood as loot lying around although obviously not enough to cook stuff with. I'm guessing there is a reason for the tree cutting to be removed as it does reduce the hunting/cooking aspect massively. Perhaps they just thought it was a little too easy to create a fire, who knows?

There is another annoying bug/exploit in that some can have global voice. There was a whiney little kid chatting away and playing shitty music. At first I thought he was close to me and the voice was local but after moving about for a while I realised it was coming over the global channel. Thankfully you can mute them, although there is no way of telling who it is without going through them one by one.

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of lag/freezes by any chance? I tried on 2 different servers and both kept freezing off and on

making it really hard to play.

Really smooth gameplay for me (about 3 hours)

• Like 1

Anyone able to confirm if the constant crashes have stopped? The biggest annoyance, aside from rubberbanding, was the game crashing everytime you either tried to exit the game after playing on a server, or switch servers. Had to quit DayZ everytime I wanted to switch servers, or join the same server after a server restart/crash.

• Like 2