SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Today I logged onto my regular exp character, just where i expected - logged off, back on, 99 secs i go get some coffee, come back screen says you are unconscious, you are dead 

So I figured someone caught me with my pants down, it happens (non zombie area) - respawn (not change servers), run around 15-20 mins and log off - come back a few hours later my original character is up (the one that died above) ~ Sweet!  

very interesting set of events -

happened to me a few times ....

• Like 1

I'm not going to argue over whether or not all the UK servers lost connection to the hive because it's fact. 

Well seeing as I play on all different servers from many different parts of the world I'm not going to say this is the issue.

I've played on UK and US servers just tonight, each time I've been a new spawn, apart from this 1 server I joined I had gear that I had a few days back. Thus also conflicting with your statement.

But as always I'll keep an eye and try to find more information on the issue.

Edited by RagedDrew

there seems to some uk servers with different hives

i normally play on SE servers . sometimes EU.  the UK 0-17 server seems to have the same hive.

others give the message "scene ready" after joining. these have a different hive!

Slugs? where did you find slugs?

Anyway actual speed is too high, people will zag out with weapons to avoid shoots, and lagg will help them out.

Don't focus on the typo man , it's just that lol I had shotgun shells or whatever you normally pick up . Fact of the matter is we won't know if it's too fast until rubberbanding gets fixed (in my opinion ) .

I say this because I was killed multiple times while zig zagging , but I wasn't able to kill the guy at the atc tower who had a melee most likely because of rubber banding or lag , or maybe this is how the system works now : if your very close to the shooter you have a better chance but if you're far away they have more opportunity to take you down( because of the obvious, bigger zig zags are easier to predict and point at , smaller zig zags are quick and harder to keep up with ) .

Again this is based off of my 4 experiences after this increased crouch speed : three of them I was the melee wielder and all three times I was shot down runnin at the shooter from about 10 feet away , and the fourth time I was the shooter but still got killed , either because of how close the guy was to me (even though I had a shotgun, so it should have "spread") or because he was rubberbanding / lagging at the time (he kind of skipped backwards before actually reaching me, it could have been rubberbanding or just plain lag )

.. So I say when this patch is pushed to stable I would like the crouch speed to stay fast just so we could test it under normal conditions instead of terrible laggy / rubbery conditions.

Don't focus on the typo man , it's just that lol I had shotgun shells or whatever you normally pick up . Fact of the matter is we won't know if it's too fast until rubberbanding gets fixed (in my opinion ) .

I say this because I was killed multiple times while zig zagging , but I wasn't able to kill the guy at the atc tower who had a melee most likely because of rubber banding or lag , or maybe this is how the system works now : if your very close to the shooter you have a better chance but if you're far away they have more opportunity to take you down( because of the obvious, bigger zig zags are easier to predict and point at , smaller zig zags are quick and harder to keep up with ) .

Again this is based off of my 4 experiences after this increased crouch speed : three of them I was the melee wielder and all three times I was shot down runnin at the shooter from about 10 feet away , and the fourth time I was the shooter but still got killed , either because of how close the guy was to me (even though I had a shotgun, so it should have "spread") or because he was rubberbanding / lagging at the time (he kind of skipped backwards before actually reaching me, it could have been rubberbanding or just plain lag )

.. So I say when this patch is pushed to stable I would like the crouch speed to stay fast just so we could test it under normal conditions instead of terrible laggy / rubbery conditions.

Ok but besides of trying to hit someone, everyone will run with a weapon on his hands, including me, because speed is similar as behing without. So that is is better and convenient to stay armed and on guard, instead of not by gaining more speed....so will be nearly impossible to surprise someone and try to handcuff or ambush him

It reminds me BF3 with infinite SPRINT on feet this kind of boost!

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

I also agree that the endless running is kind of lame.(yes I know there is no vehicles so it is kind of needed)I hope they implement some kind of stamina system where if you run for long periods of time you have to rest. Maybe if you rest by a fire and eat/drink your stamina will replenish faster. I hope they do it right though and implement the characters diet into it too. Would be awesome! Also running with free hands is faster in real life, ive played tournament paintball for the last 12 years and let me tell you running with a gun in your hands compared to nothing there is a difference. Yes I know its paintball but its still a object in my hands.

Are the crashed Blackhawks random spawns?  I went back to where one was after server restart and it wasn't there.

Where are the cars? i dont see any cars ;)

Are the crashed Blackhawks random spawns?  I went back to where one was after server restart and it wasn't there.

At least it used to be like that in the Mod, so I guess they'll do it in the SA as well.

Well, I did notice that binoculars aren't spawning, random game crashes happen often, and some loot spots (junkyards, houses, pubs) are not spawning loot.

Ok, was away for a few dayz, was something changed or is it still the same experimental?

i was testing the cooking and for the second time the server  crashed for restarting. I lost my cooking stuff for the second time. Server restarted less than an hour!

If you want on experimental server tickets from people that tests the things, at least put a message of server restarts.

fuck...tomorrow i'm quitting the experimental.

Edited by GunnyITA

I was very annoyed at the reduced damage from melee weapons in 0.44, and have heard that the damage was changed back in 0.45. Did they restore the damage melee weapons did previously, or did they just improve it from the last update?

From the little I played on exp last night, seems it was just reverted. Could be wrong though. Fireaxe was back to one shotting at least.

All I know is that 15 swings from a crowbar vs a zombie did fuck-all damage wise and got me killed 2 lives in a row. I couldn't kill a zombie with a bat, either. The only thing I could get a kill with was a pitch fork, which involved 10 straight minutes of running in circles furiously bashing left-click. >.>

Finally got round to fishing and cooking with a friend tonight. It took us a couple of hours though. We caught our first fish, thought it looked ridiculous in our hands and ended up throwing it to see how stupid it would look. The fish proceeded to disappear upon impact with the ground. We also didn't know we had to pick up the fishing hook manually after catching one so had to search for another hook for a couple of server restarts.

Was fun though. Made we that it was after a recent restart before we started fishing. Added 4 firewood and the fillets were done in about 4 minutes. Caught both fillets perfectly cooked and then we had a meal down by the fire. It was pretty nice.

Medium story short, love cooking and the chance for survival. Will enjoy it more when it goes to stable and can enjoy server relogs without the game crashing to desktop. Now for the next mission, to find animals that never seem to pop up so we can eat some of those.

• Like 1

They've changed the contact points of some weapons though, right? I had a baseball bat for a while and couldn't hit a barndoor with it on 0.45 so quickly switched to a found machete. Haven't tried one since. Don't remember the bat being so hard to melee with but maybe it was always like this and I never noticed.

Edited by Racket

The one thing I noticed was that fire extinguisher killed zombies with 1 hit sometimes. Also killed an aggressive new spawn with 2 hits.

All I know is that 15 swings from a crowbar vs a zombie did fuck-all damage wise and got me killed 2 lives in a row. I couldn't kill a zombie with a bat, either. The only thing I could get a kill with was a pitch fork, which involved 10 straight minutes of running in circles furiously bashing left-click. >.>

Punch. They go down in 1 to the face and then you can just keep smacking them while they get back up.

finding no binoculars at all! did they take them out of the loot tables? but its ok.  we got tons of tracksuit Pants!

completed the Police officer uniform set!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266314671

come to cherno (SE, DE, EU, UK 0-19  hardcore Servers)

write me a message

maybe we can meet and can have some Police officer hilarity

will be online on evenings (central european time)

Novodmitrovsk looks great. I'd dare say it's a sniper's heaven, but those FPS in this location are just so low - I didn't get over 16-17 FPS there. I've got HD 7970 and it felt really, really bad.