SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Also on the way to NW I found this, I know nothing of the Russian language so I figured someone here could possibly translate?

2014-05-23_00004_zps37fe35f2.jpg

Overall i'm really enjoying the servers despite the rubber banding issues, it still is playable most of the time

"Until 23.04.2014, on this place was located the god of earth - "Шпмаь" ", signed as "Сенч" (Sench).

I can't really read what's the name of that god, but as igor-vk said, Senchi (or Sench) is Arseny Smirnov, Dayz lead world designer. Hense this "God of earth Easter" :P

Edited by osallivan
  • Like 1

flying loot or invisible buildings - west end of the new town Novodmitrovsk -

7kfjy7lm.jpg

no water in the pond - 047 020 -

94o6dtbt.jpg

the small village at - 014 034 - is removed on experimental 0.45.12499

qpg8cz8v.jpg

ek6s47j6.jpg

map:

http://www.dayztv.com/map/#7.014.034

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

I dont even know why I bother to post anymore with informative things.

It can be spot on for the rules, in the right section and on topic and it still gets merged because I guess OCD runs high in the mod department over there?  :huh:

Edited by lrish
  • Like 3

Ohhhh yay! If we're going to have a log out timer to stop combat logging this is imperative so we can find a safe place before restart.

• Like 1

That floating loot is a bit odd.. lol

7kfjy7lm.jpg

no water in the pond - 047 020 -

94o6dtbt.jpg

the small village at - 014 034 - is removed on experimental 0.45.12499

qpg8cz8v.jpg

ek6s47j6.jpg

map:

http://www.dayztv.com/map/#7.014.034

You should report these all on the bug tracker ASAP, you have more info than I do to report them.

You should report these all on the bug tracker ASAP, you have more info than I do to report them.

He just posted everything any person would need to make the report.

Location, pictures, and description. What else do you need? Seems pretty straight forward for someone who wants them to be reported so quickly.. you should just go do it yourself. Always the best way to get things done ;)

FYI, the last one with the town being missing is on purpose. That town was unfinished and needed work. I imagine that they took it down to do just that.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

He just posted everything any person would need to make the report.

Location, pictures, and description. What else do you need? Seems pretty straight forward for someone who wants them to be reported so quickly.. you should just go do it yourself. Always the best way to get things done ;)

FYI, the last one with the town being missing is on purpose. That town was unfinished and needed work. I imagine that they took it down to do just that.

Eh, true, enough I suppose

7kfjy7lm.jpg

I experienced this in Berenzino too, I found a pristine can opener floating outside a building.

It was awesome, great find for a fresh spawn.

It was on the outside part of a building, it seemed like it was the loot that was supposed to be below where I was standing in rooms. Wonder what causes that?

flying loot or invisible buildings - west end of the new town Novodmitrovsk

Yea, my friends and I found the loot going high up into the sky in all those fields. The area looks already prepped for more buildings so maybe Novod will be extended through those roads with more apartments. Saw loads of different types of loot there, and was able to pick up a good portion of it across all 4 fields. Also saw a lot of loot next to each other. I wonder if it would happen to maybe explain some of the loot no longer spawning in tents and things that it used to spawn in?

Shame that I could see bolts for my crossbow beside some ammo high in the sky but couldn't reach it. Standing on shoulders of friends option pls guyz

Edit: or possibly loot of the apartments on the hill beside Novod on the other side of the trees? My friends ran through them and couldn't find any loot at all. The loot seems to follow the room and build pattern for them anyway.

Edited by Racket

Does anyone know what is going on with half of the Experimental servers at the moment? 3 out of 4 of the AU/NZ servers have 0/40 people and only show "Wait for host" when I try joining them.

I've been getting some game crashes. First time this has ever happened. Not sure why but it;s happened at least 4 times while/after loading in.

Same here. I had random crashes while was cooking cow steak and just after making a fire.  

Edited by MITRANDIR

I just found two 75 round drums for the AKM, solved my hunger issues, and I was exploring cherno, but then I rubberbanded off the hospital roof.  YOU ARE DEAD.

I'll parrot what's been said : gun seems quite accurate; it feels like the SKS in that respect.  I don't really see what advantages the SKS has over the AKM, aside from maybe being able to attach the PU scope, if you prefer that scope.  The SKS is my go-to gun on stable, so I see it being replaced with the AKM.  Especially with that scope, I was hitting zombies without issue from 300-400m.

I'm assuming they put a lot more AKM stuff around so that we can test it, but it makes me wonder about the M4.  I went to a few helicopter crash sites, and only found a handguard.  It looks like it'll be impossible to kit out an M4 if they leave it this way.  It's certainly not worth the price of admission either, since hitting anything over 200m can be challenging with that gun.

I was shot and killed on the exp. server for a the first time last night. :( Was in the new town trying to get geared up at night and huddled up against a wall to satiate my thirst. Guess I had a follower because I took 2 AK shots to the dome. No idea where the guy was, but he scored pretty much everything you'd need to craft a fire and mine rocks/wood.

Anyway, yeah I saw some floating loot in some of the buildings in the new town. Not sure what's going on but it seems like the loot spawn point map might need some adjusting by what other people are reporting as well.

When I joined exp server after it was looted finally DayZ felt like it's supposed to - struggling to find any food and being forced to search for berries or apples to find anything at all, canned food being rare and saving every bullet, also teaming up with random people in game to get better survival chances and actually get something out of it, not just because I am roleplaying a good guy. 

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

REGULAR SE SERVERS  0/40 players ?

I really like what's been added and changed with this experimental build. any guess on how long it'll be before it reaches stable?

I really like what's been added and changed with this experimental build. any guess on how long it'll be before it reaches stable?

I think 1-2 weeks, but would love it at wednesday :) Edited by Aamunkajo

I got murdered on the NE Airfield earlier on today on one of the Experimental Servers, which kinda' sucks. I was calling friendly because I saw a guy trying to be stealthy (which failed, nevertheless he saw me first). I was literally a fresh spawn, I spawned in Olsha, made me way to the radio mast and down to the airfield. I picked myself up a default 1911 with no magazine and 25 rounds.

I loaded one and pushed up to the hangars (which is where I saw him).

It turned out to be two guys. I ran inside of the hangar, which was stupid on my behalf since I practically cornered myself. Two guys flooded into the hangar whilst I was yelling friendly. I had nothing, I even had my 1911 lowered whilst doing the friendly dance. Two shots, and then they loot me, and for what? Nothing.

They had M4's and I was posing no threat.

I was thinking people would be more lenient on the Experimental Servers, which I'll be honest is usually the case..

• Like 2

Several issues (not bugs) I noticed:

• RUBBER-BANDING
  • Too many animals
  • Too much ammo & too many AKMs (maybe for testing purposes?)
  • RUBBER-BANDING

When I joined exp server after it was looted finally DayZ felt like it's supposed to - struggling to find any food and being forced to search for berries or apples to find anything at all, canned food being rare and saving every bullet, also teaming up with random people in game to get better survival chances and actually get something out of it, not just because I am roleplaying a good guy. 

I respect you sir.

I was shot and killed on the exp. server for a the first time last night. :( Was in the new town trying to get geared up at night and huddled up against a wall to satiate my thirst. Guess I had a follower because I took 2 AK shots to the dome. No idea where the guy was, but he scored pretty much everything you'd need to craft a fire and mine rocks/wood.

Anyway, yeah I saw some floating loot in some of the buildings in the new town. Not sure what's going on but it seems like the loot spawn point map might need some adjusting by what other people are reporting as well.

Floating loot, everywhere  :huh:

Several issues (not bugs) I noticed:

• RUBBER-BANDING
  • Too many animals
  • Too much ammo & too many AKMs (maybe for testing purposes?)
  • RUBBER-BANDING

rubber banding is caused by geometry clipping, annoying but avoidable, devs saying its a server side performance issue that they can fix,

I only found about 3-4 akms buy the time I found about 8 AKM mags (0 drums :(  ), and that was with 4-5 fresh runs through NWAF, I like the ratio and spawn rarity atm, seems less then m4s/mag previous drop rate.

I was just wondering if there would be anyone kind enough to come and kill one of my characters, or both, so that I can continue playing? I am currently stuck in the Novy PD, second floor, in the room with the boarded up door.

I was just wondering if there would be anyone kind enough to come and kill one of my characters, or both, so that I can continue playing? I am currently stuck in the Novy PD, second floor, in the room with the boarded up door.

usually you can get out be crawling, or jumping by the exterior wall