kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

What extremely annoying, is that constant loud breath when sprinting ...
Was much more pleasant before the patch, now you have to put the volume down and you can not hear anything ...

Edited by ulli_123

What extremely annoying, is that constant loud breath when sprinting ...

Was much more pleasant before the patch, now you have to put the volume down and you can not hear anything ...

They are aware of that and said something about fixing it. I agree, with a female character it constantly sounds like she just finished a romp around the hay.  :P

• Like 1

I believe the problem in that thread was that people didnt want to understand why the timer is there, all they did was complain about it and that it not constructive in any way :)

Theres a very very very good reason we have the timer.

But people would not accept this reason and kept on complaining.

But that timer itself is not constructive because it punishes people who do nothing wrong. The game isn't stable, it crashes. Servers crash. I shouldn't get punished so severely in any game really, let alone an alpha.

But that timer itself is not constructive because it punishes people who do nothing wrong. The game isn't stable, it crashes. Servers crash. I shouldn't get punished so severely in any game really, let alone an alpha.

Nobody has ever said the game was stable and didnt crash, infact the timer is there because the game is unstable and crashes.

You are not getting punished.... Thats not the purpose of the timer mate and if you are feeling like you are being punished, you havent understood why the timer is there in the first place.

Read this. :)

Anybody else having more trouble killing zombies? I swear I hit a zombie about 5 times with my splitting ax before it died.

It is known and not intended...read this thread or browse the general section in order to read discussions about it.

Is anyone else having the issue of not being able to shoot their guns, having to leave the server and rejoin, also some issues with seeing peoples gear.

This happened to me when the patch was on experimental, and I read about a guy who had this problem on stable.

If it's not present yet, you should do a report about this :)

Just wanted to say how much i love the new mouse movement speed for head movement. Makes it easier to be aware of surroundings while moving. I like the speed up of body movement too.

Abnormal scope`s (all scopes) increase or what?

When you look through the scope, your FOV becomes about 110-120. WTF?
This is wrong and should be the opposite.

Should be an approximation and not distancing!

p40546787_2_1165935.png

Look at full image size:

http://fotoifolder.ru/view_full_size/56sr07gr4dht

http://stg754.rusfolder.com/preview/20140427/7/40546787_1165935_1165935.png

The zombies as they are currently are destroying the entire PVP system. The number of times I was sneaking through a town stalking someone and having to change to my axe - bayonets need to be implemented asap - retarded pointless risk of having to switch all the time - to take them down. Only to realise that no sooner had I killed that zombie is the respawn running at me + another random zombie as well. How the eff are we supposed to play stealthily when this kind of shit is going on with the zombies? The game is better without zombies in it as it stands right now. 

The first part of that statement is just stupid and makes you sound like you're just QQing because you can't sneak up on a player in a zombie infested area without being spotted.  You might want to rephrase it otherwise you'll just look like a kid who wants DayZ Easy mode.  You have to make choices on how to take down zombies, you either fire at them and give away your position, usually done when it's life or death, or you switch to axe to take them down quietly.  If you don't like switching find a silencer and SD rounds (this is with the assumption they already implemented that).  Oh and this game already has bayonetes. http://dayz.gamepedia.com/M9A1_Bayonet

What I DO agree with is that zombies shouldn't respawn instantly and run to the area where you are unless alerted by other zombies that were already on to you.  I'm fine with headshots only for causing lethal damage  but if what you say is true then it's pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Izzoroth
  • Like 1

They wound too often, still.

And they ruin stuff too fast. 

signed

BTW Has the fall damage been increased recently? Some Zombies bugged me a small staircase down that was about half a meter high and I broke both my legs.

After that I had to  experience that you're unable cross any stairs if you're crawling even if there are only one or too. This makes the search for wooden sticks pretty damn painful (mine were broken with the zombie punches :P ). The current bugs remind me of previous versions but the gaming experience is getting better and better. I'm really looking forward for a version 1.0. ^^

And are the binoculars not meant to be used while crouching? They only work for me if I'm standing up.

Edited by Crazy_Loner

Are there any plans for Arma 3 be getting a guaranteed messaging system? Seems to me that it could really benefit from something similar to what DayZ has implemented!!!

Has anyone had an issue not being able to pick up some rifles and not being able to see them in vicinty? Or are they like dud weapons, useless and therefore like scenery?

2014-04-27_00001.jpg

2014-04-27_00002.jpg

Have you tried to pick them in hands (the option is available only when hands are free)?

This usually works for items not present in the vicinity screen.

There are no scenery weapons, btw.

Maybe you were experiencing desync?

The first one, no because I had the crowbar and didn't think of it. Facepalm. The second yeah, my hands were empty but I did have a rifle on my back as you can see. My hands were raised tho as I had been punching zeds, crowbar was't working out :P. Next time i'll try with hands down.

So, every time I join a server it is pitch black and I cannot see a thing. After about 5 server hops of a 500 second wait time, i get a daylight server. When I finally get a daylight server, I look in my Long Range Scope(Pristine), and the verticle crosshair is missing. Anyone else having this problem or just me....?

The first part of that statement is just stupid and makes you sound like you're just QQing because you can't sneak up on a player in a zombie infested area without being spotted.  You might want to rephrase it otherwise you'll just look like a kid who wants DayZ Easy mode.  You have to make choices on how to take down zombies, you either fire at them and give away your position, usually done when it's life or death, or you switch to axe to take them down quietly.  If you don't like switching find a silencer and SD rounds (this is with the assumption they already implemented that).  Oh and this game already has bayonetes. http://dayz.gamepedia.com/M9A1_Bayonet

What I DO agree with is that zombies shouldn't respawn instantly and run to the area where you are unless alerted by other zombies that were already on to you.  I'm fine with headshots only for causing lethal damage  but if what you say is true then it's pretty ridiculous.

It's not that the are a is infested with zombies, it's that they can now see you from MUCH farther away.

Hmmm...

Here's a collection of issues that I've observed so far on this thread:

(I understand some of these can be subjective, but it is feedback nonetheless)

• When you get kicked by the server there's now a 600 second timer.
  • Switching from hardcore to regular and vice versa = timer.
  • Player's hardcore characters are being wiped out and replaced by their regular characters. (W..T...F...???)
  • Zombies are now impervious to melee (unintended bug) you can only melee them with a headshot.
  • Graphic quality has possibly been reduced on the structures in the game increasing FPS for some with lower end systems??
  • On the other hand some say gfx have been made better???
  • Physics in the game is impacted by server load. items you throw/drop will behave irregularly and may fall slower/faster, etc. Most of the time items thrown fall in slow mo'?
  • There's a city in the patch logs that doesn't actually exist. (yeah... good Q/A on that one)
  • Scope zoom, whether LRS, Acog, iron sights, etc is weird now. Apparently you can almost see your whole rifle (like when you have your FOV at max setting).
  • Plain vision zoom, to discern distant objects, has been corrected/nerfed to reflect iron sight range.
  • No hunting/animals/fires.
  • Something was added to bullet ballistics?? Decipher this one: "Server: Basic item bullet physics enabled (known issues tied to server performance)" It was listed as new and enabled. (So if it has issues with server performance, why is it enabled on stable?????)
  • Reports that bullet impacts are even more random/reduced now. i.e. where you shoot, you should see an impact, but people are seeing the impacts even less now at higher distances.
  • Apparently blood splatter beyond 300m seems to have disappeared.
  • Lighting/Gamma has changed in game. Not the option for it, but just the basic lighting of the maps/structures has become brighter/saturated.
  • 1:1 mouse controls are enabled but people are saying it sucks for LRS, making people resort to the DPI setting on their mice.
  • Dropping the Sickle result in it floating in front of you.
  • Footstep sounds in structures are "gone."
  • A regular bow is in the game with infinite arrows loaded all the time.
  • Other players are saying major FPS hits vs the improvement others are mentioning.
  • Binos don't work in prone or kneeling. (ok... then why release the bino's when they're not done...)
  • Also, you can't move while using binos.
  • AND... you can't look down using the binos if you're on a building because they won't work properly.
  • Dropping items in front of you, possibly the new physics, causes the item to despawn shortly after. Several people have reported "throwing clothing" in front of them a couple of feet and then the item despawns and doesn't reappear.
  • Floating shadows if environmental lighting is on/near the horizon.
  • People have spawned in walls. (Really? Wait... what? Really??!?)
  • FNX45 Red Dot sight may not be functioning properly. (Q/A failed again?)
  • Apparently the Amphibia is now also messed up somehow.
  • Zombies seem to hit you even though they're 4-5m away.
  • Extreme sunlight/HDR is being reported as coming through structure walls, such as houses or the broken ship.
  • Someone shot by an M4 in the head reports having shoes ruined(?).
  • Function keys (F1 - F8) are now apparently messed up. Someone mentioned "does crazy shit." I received clarification: "e.g. If you try to wave it goes into prone and waves, the keys don't respond in a timely manner, and also don't do the correct gesture. It did it to me yesterday, jump on for 5 mins and try it yourself... I gave up after 5 mins of it doing random shit."
  • Fruits and vegetables are reportedly able to be eaten repeatedly/infinitely.

This list almost seems as long as the changelog?

So, now this gets me thinking... Was this a good idea? Honestly...? And here's a few comments on this... and please take this from a professional IT Manager working in a large company that has experience working with several teams of various disciplines at the same time.

W...T...F is going on with your project management over there? Wtf is going on with your work flows? Checklists... do you guys even have a checklist???

Who is doing your guy's Q/A to release patches? Who thinks it's a good idea to release broken concept items (binos/bows)? Who makes the decision to not fix bugs that are present on EXP and propagates them to the Stable servers? Who puts in the patch notes stuff that doesn't exist (missing city)?

What this shows... is that no one over there knows wtf is going on. Sorry... but that's it in a nutshell. I don't want to be mean or rude... but this all makes your development team look disjointed and disorganized, and I'm sorry, there's no way this is a professional team working on these issues. If I had a team like this on staff they'd reprimanded and worse, fired.

Maybe it's because I was in the military and I expected better performance from my subordinates. I wanted the job done right. Done in a timely manner and done according to the SOP... but holy jesus guys... really?

What this makes it look like, is this:

Yes... you had your coders in there developing a badass new netcode system. Great! Awesome! I'm all for it... but wtf did everyone else on the other teams do? Go out, have some beers? Choke the chicken for a bit and come in and say... "Hey... put my stuff in... it's not ready, but what the hell. Good enough!" This is directed at the dudes involved in making people spawn in walls... the guys involved with half-assed binos and bows and who knows what other half-assed stuff.

I mean seriously. If it ain't done... it ain't done. I get it, I can understand that. But seriously... putting in half assed mechanics or stuff... really just discredits the team.

I love DayZ... there's no other game like it... I love all you hard working developers... but man... you guys sure know how to ruin a much anticipated patch release. :(

EDIT: I will continually add more things to this list. Lets see if we can get the "messed up after the patch list" to be longer than the patch log... I have no DOUBT we can make it happen.

Added 4/24/2014 12:15: 14, 28, 29, 30, 31

Added 4/24/2014 14:25: 32

Added 4/25/2014 17:04: 33

^^^^ this!!! Well put and well said. When you are already getting paid to do something, expectations are at a higher level. :) seriously, forgetting a whole city? Really? I would understand forgeting to put in the track suits or a shirt... But a whole city?? Well make it up to you next patch? Seriously... That would be ok if patches came in every week... But when it doesnt... Hehe anyways... Excuse my rant... I know i clicked the "i understand" button... But i just spent the better part of my weekend looking for a town that doesnt existand getting killed by hackers :) :)

Hackers are like unicorns... Once you see one... You know you should run away... But you cant help but try and touch it XD

Ps. Great game though.

Edited by Frothyboot18
  • Like 1

so. every f ing day wallglitchers. full wall glitchers, they re deleting their pbo files I guess, they roam fully through walls. 2 guys right now. they clogs after killing 2 of my mates on the ground floor in neaf prison on lastMPServer="82.96.119.170:2702";

lastMPServerName="Another DayZ In Paradise - Daytime - 2 Hour Restarts";     if the devs aren t do anything, this will be the death of dayz. I m not doing loot for days, cautious like fuck, only for a prick noob to kill me from an exploit devs can t fix. so, from now on, I will also delete my pbo files and I m going to roam all the popular 1-2 hours restart servers until the devs will fix this. watch your back guys, always sit in upper floors. what a shame for bohemia....I suspect they were peacemaker and peacekeeper, but that s just a hinch, they were the last spawned, the second I called them by these names they logged out (from the glitch, of course, like true motherfisters like they are)
Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 2

Why don't you fix the pbo file hack.

When the objects are loaded, if any file is missing, just don't start the game. Just say game files corrupted, and start game repair.

Today on server: 

"lastMPServer="82.96.119.170:2702";

lastMPServerName="Another DayZ In Paradise - Daytime - 2 Hour Restarts";
Time: Around 23.40
Players: [APC]Peacemaker and [APC] Peacekeeper spawned in the NEAF prison ( glitch room ), and killed two players.
Please check the logs and ban this two.
Edited by RaduV
  • Like 4

so, I have just tested this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_nDNtsSrg. and it s still working. can t believe that I just discovered this. SHAME ON YOU DEVS SHAME ON YOU. and fanboys. shut it! this is unacceptable, posted in february but still no fix! just to get things straight: I m not a cheater, but this is how I m going to play until they fix this. I ll even make a daily video "wallglitcher diary" this is a massive lack of respect to the community, really, I still can t believe they let something retarded like this happen, as we spend hours looking for a bean can or a rag to make a bandage.....and mods, don t even try to ban me, please, I can make tons of accounts from tons of IPs and post this over and over until every single bambi in chernarus knows what he s expecting....JUST FIX IT!   PS: try it on your own risk, I don t know if I m going to get a global ban or not, but if banned, well, I m defo going to wait for the final release then. maybe after spawning, overwrite the modified .pbo with the original from the backup file.

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 3

look at this prats... shame on this german people... im from germany too but this is really poor

Police Builiding Glitch Whores

This was before and it s fixed, when jumping through certain walls could work on servers with higher lag. but at least, one couldn t shoot through the invisible walls. but now, with only minimum manipulation of certain .pbo files a player can also shoot through walls, the walls aren t only invisible, they are not there! I m still shocked. and people still bitching about missing fire and cooking....unbelievable...

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if they did anything with bullet drops or something but i can no longer see my shots hit the floors anymore at 300+meters out with my mosin with all pristine attachments... Before the patch I was able to see my shots hit walls floors buildings etc.