kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Experimental servers are to see if the servers dont blow up. Not for your feedback idiot

Another epic fail at reading comprehension.

• Like 2

Lmao, now we see the old ass engine is not capable of working... They barely added anything but broke and made bugs even more.

This game will never be finished and they cant even fix bugs.

Looking forward to h1z1, atleast they have nice and working engine with good performance.

Edited by Kipale
  • Like 1

I would like to see that crosbow change possition from main wep to remove firefighter axe because in the global awearness of PVP its usless as all the new guns. More Zeds !

I know you said you nerfed bleeding from zombies but it still feels like 50% of the time I am going to bleed.

Prestine clothes ruined almost instantly and fractured legs when they hit me in the chest...

Let me drop the axe for the cross bow

Awful patch for stable. Not enjoyable and I can tell I'm not the only one who feels that way. Hardly anyone watching on Twitch lately.

• Like 1

I haven't touched the FOV.. the alteration is in-game since the last patch. I have never, while aiming any gun in RL or in ARMA or SA etc, been able to see just about the WHOLE stock of the gun while aiming.

Looks to me as if the whole aiming system has been zoomed OUT, so that when you press + you can now zoom in BACK to where you were in the first place.

Dear teapot - have you tried any of this in the game yourself? take a minute to try it in the game, before you comment.Thanx for the input. I'm sure you'll notice the difference.

I am talking about IN GAME changes that happened since yesterday - are you saying that they were unrealistic last week and they have been made realistic this week? It does not look that way to me. In real life you do NOT rest your chin on the butt of the gun when you are aiming (whatever sights you use) - If you DO, then please do not pull the trigger, you will make your dentist a rich man.

I'm not going to rant about this, so before further comment

I would like to hear what Gews has to say about the alteration

He's our resident de-facto arms expert - if he thinks its ok, then I'm cool ... its a game after all. But it looks damned wierd to me, I wouldn't handle a firearm that way in real life, for sure. It seems worse than before the patch - Just WRONG.

(I guess no one will accuse him of "not taking a minute to look up what firearms or optics actually do"?)

Anyway: some pics - this example is Red Dot on M4. I didn't move the character.

1) Shoulder weapon

23r72xh.jpg

2) shoulder weapon - head/shoulder position

runyiq.jpg

3) Aim weapon

2r58fau.jpg

The blur comes in-game with the aimed position (for added realism)

So where is the shooter's head now, in relation to his gun? Somewhere off the end of the stock?

check the 1st and 3d pics to see how crazy this is.  Same aim, at same tree, at same point.

xx pilgrim

I really don't know why you are complaining. In real life such a sight is ought to be a close combat sight when you need to be fast.

Also your fov setting is a bit overdone. To me it looks like this:

813647_74nb72ung7.jpg

If you look closely, you can actually see that the red dot is in the center of the screen. For the immersion fanatics this means that there doesn't need to be the little white aiming crosshair. -> less HUD, more immersion :-)

A longer range sight is the gog, still looks like this:

813650_da5qd56aar.jpg

I hope you can see that your little rant was quite a bit pointless. Next time just think it through before posting.

Edit

Hopefully they are going to redo the barn textures with more high-rez textures. Especially from outside it can look very ugly.

Edited by Ken Bean

Is there any information about the experimental servers people? Are they working for you?

I see not a single one since yesterday, I wrote about it already but I still want to know what's going on.

yesterday i lost my m4 and backpack in a pond. they swam on the surface. was not able to collect them. was very pissed so i go out of th ewater and 30 secs later the weapon and backpack switched back to me.... very strange update. have many lags. sometimes 50 metres or more i got beamed back. run on street seconds later back in 3 floor of office building....

Edited by MrNobody82

Well, fine to see that my friends and me aren't the only ones who got big desyn and RB problems with that patch. Looking forward to that big patch with hunting ;)

//edit 

the crossbow have to be a secondery Weapon, otherwise it's useless as some1 said before. Or at least it should be possible to put it into the bagpack ;)

Edited by BaseLine^
  • Like 1

Wow this thread has gotten buckwild.

Normally I'm one to defend the progress of the game, but there's some really valid criticisms brought up with this patch. The last two big patches really seemed like the game had changed in a significant way, but this one doesn't have that same feel. I like to watch streamers because I'm always multitasking and don't have much dedicated time to play, and their frustration with the game is starting to show. Hopefully it's not another month before we get some kind of meaty patch uploaded to stable. I think the game will probably fine in the long run, but how long will that take?

According to what Rocket wrote on reddit yesterday, the next stable update is scheduled at the end of may, so a month from now.

[partial sarcasm]I don't know if this is the more robust process for testing and delivering they said they were going to look at in the devblog "a busy couple of weeks...".[/partial sarcasm]

Anyway, they can change idea during development, it depends on how things go, I believe.

This patch to stable was rushed to stable because they were late before people started complaining, in my opinion (many of the scheduled things didn't made it in the update). But I believe they should have spent some time fixing those known bugs before pushing it to stable - Rocket doesn't think the same, he talks about fixing gamebreaking issues only. But he used to think that they had to fix all the fixable before pushing to stable just some patches ago, or that is what he used to wrote when asked the reason of the delays.

So, the best thing to do, I believe, is not asking informations anymore and let it be.

Edited by Gugolas

run on street seconds later back in 3 floor of office building...

I died because of that. Got teleported on a roof while running...

• Like 2

I think naming the servers 'stable' is a it of a misnomer and confusing people. The word 'stable' leads people to thinking that it's a completed version of that build, when we know that some of the mechanics and changes are temporary solutions or test versions of a final idea..

Better names for these would be 'Live Testing' (previously experimental) and 'Alpha Release' (Stable). 

Obviously this is just my opinion.

• Like 1

I play stable only and play when a patch is released but the time frame over the last 5 months and what’s gone on is a complete mess at this stage there's a physics test in the february dev video how the hell does that make it into this stable release and not work 2.5 months later and you had experimental servers for testing also ?

Edited by Smiley_ie

So, I've been playing this patch now for an hour or so. I had a few zombie encounters and could kill some with one hit to the head, others needed two hits with the fireaxe. One didn't want to die, but there I was having trouble with maneuvering. Not quite sure if I like the new mouse behaviour... This last zombie I killed with the M4 in a hangar. As I have a suppressor on it no other zombies showed up.

I looted the Military Camp next to the Balota Airfield, it has been tons of optics there for the M4, both red dot types plus some suppressors for pistols. All together it was a lot of similar objects in the tents, sometimes 2 Magnums, 3 optics and so on. Killing Zombies with suppressor on M4 wasn't difficult at all... Stuff is spawning now on the broken trucks and in the cars...

I had an issue with drinking / eating. After a while I could only inspect my drinks and food, not consume it.

BTW: I found this BUIS optics for the M4. Is it better than having the carryhandle optics? I have a red dot and an ACOG (damaged) now as well so I would get rid of one of them.

Found the crossbow with one infinite bolt. Left it in the ATC after playing around a little.

Most annoying for me: Cannot see the impact of a bullet on long range shots any more, so target practicing was lame (voted on that bug).

After all: Playing as lone wolf is OK, I attracted some Zombies but not too bad and if you have weapons you can get rid of them. Luckily I'm not a newspawn right now :-) As I'm sitting on a gigabit internet connection I did not have issues with lags or teleporting. 

• Like 1

I really don't know why you are complaining. In real life such a sight is ought to be a close combat sight when you need to be fast.

Also your fov setting is a bit overdone. To me it looks like this:

I hope you can see that your little rant was quite a bit pointless. Next time just think it through before posting.

..//..

You ought to read a post before having "a little rant" about it, IMHO (that's french for, do what you like friend, if it helps you feel better at the end of the day)

But go ahead, enjoy yourself, you have a sighting system just how you like it now - so that's cool. GOOD for you.

"your fov setting is a bit overdone" - yeah, well, you should read before posting. I said that already 3 lines up (maybe you remember?)

Hey - do you like your close combat sight being blurred like that.??. do you think it helps your close combat?? ;

You can always hold down the zoom-in key at the SAME TIME, that should speed things up quite a bit in close combat.

And I guess we can say for the back-story the close-combat blurred screen is just your 'excitement' at being able to point your Red Dot in close combat.

But, hey, if you like it  - you're the winner - its in the game, go ahead knock yourself out. Everyone in close combat can pretend they're SWAT teams having problems with their contact lenses, that will be FUN. "Keep that gun off your chin, bo!"

As I said before, I really don't get the point of this new patch messing with sighting in such a silly way. I mean in such a DAMN STUPID way.

But I'm just a dude in the street, I'm not a SWAT trained expert like you guys, I'm just a game-player, I've only been on SA for 500 hours. Have you had a lot of experience of face-to-face in barns?

Have a good day, thanx for the comment.

Enjoy

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

I don't think that the soppressor makes any difference, but is cool.

You have to wait for the previous action (eating/drinking) to end before the option to eat/drink something else shows up.

That's why you could only inspect them. This way they eliminated the spam eat eat eat, wich is good.

So the infinite crossbow bolt still exists, that's bad.

I prefer the buis over the default sight, but it depends on you.

ACOG and other optics have different purposes, I would not throw an ACOG away if I thought it might be useful.

It depends on how you want to play.

Maybe you can throw away the red dot, if you prefer the BUIS, anyway.

So we had strong zombie that could see you from kilometers can run just a littel slower than you can pass through walls and doors, that can't climb stairs only way to save yourself if you don't have a gun or the grate fire axe, now they can hit you while running they can clim up to first floor and half of second one can hit you also if they are aiming in an other direction.

So beeing the fight pretty bugged, aim to the head you suggest as if it's possible with this super speed and teletrasporting zombies, whot are we supposed to do? Just spawned you run in a city if there are no zombie all is looted if there are zombie you can't fight you can't run away you can't hide or climb stairs to save yourself.... this zombies are too much "world war z" but if the fighting and their physics is not fixed they should be much more "the walking (not running) death".

• Like 1

Sorry but ive got to be a nit pick (been a zombie fanatic since i was a young lad), these are 28 days later infected to me. Zombies are slow like the original romero concept  (before he totally lost the plot land of the dead onwards, lol, dementia or somthin i guess). I would say with the infected being so fast, head or chest should be even damage, that dean hall was watching the 28days later for his inspiration on them, so....... why even bother. Slow them down to the original night of the living dead, dawn and day of the dead standard then its head damage only full stop, unless you can blow bits off them to totally incap. I would love to see that implemented in the future. I was one of the ones hoping for a more of a 70's dawn of the dead approach to the zombies/infected, been quite saddened that they are aiming at the 28 days later approach to them. But, upon completion the modders will get their rather great hands on it, and i look forwards to that probably way more than the final cut in general. So, about two years. lol. *sob sob*. :)

I personally like either style of zombie but with how annoying they currently are to kill and the fact that we have a pvp system as well, I think the "original romero concept" with walking(?) zombies would be much more appropriate and that is something they can implement on a whim, with a little programming.. I think that would be the current perfect balance between annoyance, immersion and contribute to pvp as well. When a walking zombie is aggroed, that player may not be aware until too late - as another player has seen from a distance that it is walking somewhere. not knowing exactly where it is going without some longer observation is much better than the current in which they run straight to the player within a matter of seconds and spoil (in many cases) a player's good use of concealment (due to the zombies being so laser-eyed in their acquisition)...

Edited by defaye
  • Like 2

I don't think that the soppressor makes any difference, but is cool.

You have to wait for the previous action (eating/drinking) to end before the option to eat/drink something else shows up.

That's why you could only inspect them. This way they eliminated the spam eat eat eat, wich is good.

So the infinite crossbow bolt still exists, that's bad.

IMO the Zombies seem to not here shots that good when the supressor is on. For me and other players the shots seem to be the same...

Yeah I know about the presuming action has to end before, but I was doing literally nothing, took a pipsi and was not able to drink. Same with other things. Could not eat or drink until loggimg out... If it happens again I will file a bug report...

Cooking & Gathering Resources

Animals & Hunting

Respawning Zombies & Loot

..//.. etc

Can someone explain me what they understand by "early 2014"? Was it a typo or something?

Don't worry - soon we WILL arrive at early 2014 .. its not very far off, this year

xx

Edited by pilgrim

You ought to read a post before having "a little rant" about it, IMHO (that's french for, do what you like friend, if it helps you feel better at the end of the day)

But go ahead, enjoy yourself, you have a sighting system just how you like it now - so that's cool. GOOD for you.

"your fov setting is a bit overdone" - yeah, well, you should read before posting. I said that already 3 lines up (maybe you remember?)

Hey - do you like your close combat sight being blurred like that.??. do you think it helps your close combat?? ;

You can always hold down the zoom-in key at the SAME TIME, that should speed things up quite a bit in close combat.

And I guess we can say for the back-story the close-combat blurred screen is just your 'excitement' at being able to point your Red Dot in close combat.

But, hey, if you like it  - you're the winner - its in the game, go ahead knock yourself out. Everyone in close combat can pretend they're SWAT teams having problems with their contact lenses, that will be FUN. "Keep that gun off your chin, bo!"

As I said before, I really don't get the point of this new patch messing with sighting in such a silly way. I mean in such a DAMN STUPID way.

But I'm just a dude in the street, I'm not a SWAT trained expert like you guys, I'm just a game-player, I've only been on SA for 500 hours. Have you had a lot of experience of face-to-face in barns?

Have a good day, thanx for the comment.

Enjoy

xx pilgrim

Yeah dude, another rant. Let me guess: you set the blur and the fov to max and now you are complaining because it's blured and has a "DAMN STUPID" optic.

As said, this is how it looks to me.

"I've only been on SA for 500 hours..."

Maybe you also should spent some hours to tweak your gfx settings?

Yeah dude, another rant. Let me guess: you set the blur and the fov to max and now you are complaining because it's blured and has a "DAMN STUPID" optic.

As said, this is how it looks to me.

"I've only been on SA for 500 hours..."

Maybe you also should spent some hours to tweak your gfx settings?

Hi again KEN

Read the post KEN

I have NOT TOUCHED the standard settings.

OK - thanks for your quick reply. (+ try to stay calm, are you having a bad day already? It's Friday morning, be happy)

xx

Hi again KEN

Read the post KEN

I have NOT TOUCHED the standard settings.

OK - thanks for your quick reply. (+ try to stay calm, are you having a bad day already? It's Friday morning, be happy)

xx

I see, you played 500 hours, didn't ever touched the gfx setting ... :D ... and then you have a messed up setting, you don't even think about touching your gfx settings?

Sounds cool.

IMO the Zombies seem to not here shots that good when the supressor is on. For me and other players the shots seem to be the same...

Yeah I know about the presuming action has to end before, but I was doing literally nothing, took a pipsi and was not able to drink. Same with other things. Could not eat or drink until loggimg out... If it happens again I will file a bug report...

In this case, that's the right thing to do. Let's hope it was just some minor desynch.

Where are the 100 slot servers?

Those aren't supposed to be. There were some on experimental, but that was just to stress test the servers, it is too soon to see something similar in a stable server.

I think naming the servers 'stable' is a it of a misnomer and confusing people.

It is Stable. As in, there are no stopping issues. The entire thing Exp or Stable is a WIP so nothing is "complete";

• Like 1