kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

We would help to improve the game.. but with little info (to not say no info at all) it's hard to understand what's happening. Now im doing half FPS in the towns/cities for no apparent reason, but i dunno what to check, where to look to improve the situation etc. So what we should do apart posting here: i do s**it fps.. there's so much rubber banding.. the loot is bugged. It looks like we're moaning, but it's the sad truth.

Couldn't kill zombies with wood axe or pitchfork despite repeated blows to the head. 3 spawns and 3 zombie deaths so far. Guess that is what you intended. Also zombies are hitting me from 20 meters away LOL. 

I can confirm that. Since the update ...

• need I need 9 blows to kill a zombie with my beloved one-hit-wonder-fireaxe.
  • I was hit several times over several meters away from a zombie. I stood for example, in a house at the end of a room and the zombie hit me from the opposite door (5-6m).

In addition, I noticed that the sun through blinds me through walls. Even inside the ship tailcoats I was blinded through the wall when looking towards the sun.

Lagging 1 second behind. The gun does not slow you down from spinning in prone position. 

Statement about spinning around stays the same. It's way to sensitive ( if my sentence is even correct - don't know )

Best thing would be: Join a server, try it our yourself. 

Yes this problem was identified when it was in experimental. The solution would be just to decrease turning speed when in the prone position

We would help to improve the game.. but with little info (to not say no info at all) it's hard to understand what's happening. Now im doing half FPS in the towns/cities for no apparent reason, but i dunno what to check, where to look to improve the situation etc. So what we should do apart posting here: i do s**it fps.. there's so much rubber banding.. the loot is bugged. It looks like we're moaning, but it's the sad truth.

You could post a dxdiag and a bugreport to their mantis bugtracker, so they can see if this has something to do with your config.

Lagging 1 second behind. The gun does not slow you down from spinning in prone position. 

Statement about spinning around stays the same. It's way to sensitive ( if my sentence is even correct - don't know )

Best thing would be: Join a server, try it our yourself. 

The only problem I see here is with prone position. Spinning in prone maybe should be slower. Everything else seems very good and realistic. The gun should not slow you down from spinning. Even in real life, caring a weapon will not slow you if you turn 180 degrees to see who is in the back. This is because the entire body and the head will contribute to this quick turn. The problem is with aiming and now DayZ is much realistic at aiming. Look quick and aim a little bit slower.

Let's begin...

Devs had the experimental build active for a while. The reason why they have an experimental build is so that we can test it out and then let the dev fix major bugs and random glitches right?. So why the hell didn't they fix the bugs and glitches? Some bugs has been known for over 4 months but nothing is done! My guess is that they've been too damn busy pretending to be famus.

I know this is not topic material but with all respect, I'm getting a bit tired of all the bs the devs and their minions gives us. I do understand that It's a lot of hard work scripting all the codes needed but the dev team has gone way to far now. We all know it, and so do you... You are just f*cking lazy! How hard is it to follow a plan? How hard is it to report different problems to the community? 

Remember, this "game" would be NOTHING without us.

• Like 5

Everyone liking the new mouse acceleration controls? For me this means i can finally play hardcore, the mouse controls were unplayable for me in the past.

Edited by Pokerguy10
  • Like 1

It was bit too crazy at first but i turned down sensitivity and it is much better now, anyone who finds it too high just adjust x and y sensitivity and you should find the sweet spot.

Let's begin...

Devs had the experimental build active for a while. The reason why they have an experimental build is so that we can test it out and then let the dev fix major bugs and random glitches right?. So why the hell didn't they fix the bugs and glitches? Some bugs has been known for over 4 months but nothing is done! My guess is that they've been too damn busy pretending to be famus.

I know this is not topic material but with all respect, I'm getting a bit tired of all the bs the devs and their minions gives us. I do understand that It's a lot of hard work scripting all the codes needed but the dev team has gone way to far now. We all know it, and so do you... You are just f*cking lazy! How hard is it to follow a plan? How hard is it to report different problems to the community? 

Remember, this "game" would be NOTHING without us.

stay on the coast.

Edited by Odahviing
  • Like 2

Everyone liking the new mouse acceleration controls?

No I do not like the new mouse movement at all,it is way to quick even when supposedly toned down in configure

It is so unrealistic..... so quick I can not even stand playing for 5 minutes now before getting sea sick trying to look around!

It was bit too crazy at first but i turned down sensitivity and it is much better now, anyone who finds it too high just adjust x and y sensitivity and you should find the sweet spot.

Tried and tried to adjust to find a sweet spot lol,it still feels cheap and arcadish to me!

definately made for the PvP ...KoS crowd so they can kill quicker lol

- M4 Ammo disappearing from magazines even when attached to the gun

- M4 became useless after a friend gave it to me, would not fire would not even click. It first appeared with no attachments even though it was full spec, then when he dropped another scope for me everything magically appeared

- Sound issues galore. Some guns not making a sound at all, while others appear to becoming from one direction when they are in actual fact coming from the opposite

- Mouse controls are good and bad, I don't like the  two stage head and body separation, very unrealistic but the smoothness of control is good and love the no acceleration.

Thats all I can think of right now as I am drunk and tired.

• Like 1

It is nice to see how the developer team is falling more and more behind their announced schedule. By now I am almost sure this is going to end like Infestastion:Survivor Stories..

Maybe Sony can do it right

Edited by Lookdavook
  • Like 4

gif-games-dayz-1080552.gif
Zombies hard to kill now

Zombies lag when run (like, walk walk walk and dont leave the position)

Zombies hit from far alway

Binoculars dont work 100%

When i press bind botton to get my gun. Studdenly my char put back the gun

Zombies still noclip

Zombies Hit = bleed

Zombies notice you from like 65535Km

Elektro now give me low FPS like Svetlojarsk

Animation: I open soda like i open a bottle

I can crouch on my knees if i have arms up to fight

I cant do some actions like bandage or eat/drink if i have arms rised up to fight

The PBO files glitches still work (every day i get killed by noclip players on airfield, etc)

M4 ruin all itens (does matter if you shot at head, your shoes will get ruined too)

Edited by EduardoMaia
  • Like 3

I'd have to agree. Other games with much lower budgets are making ten times the progress this game is making. DayZ has sold almost two million copies, progress is still slow and the updates (when there rarely are ones) are buggy as fuck (clearly seen in this update).

Just because a game is in Alpha, doesn't mean everything has the excuse to be buggy. With the amount of people playing this game and the amount of copies sold, they should be making progress, not bugging the game to death.

I stopped playing this game weeks ago. Why? No objective to the game, you get fully looted and the only thing to do is die and start all over. That isn't fun. Standalone was delayed multiple times before the alpha release, that upsets me because the lack of content shown and being produced.

A game like H1Z1 has already shown to be more creditable and dedicated by recent footage shown and their communication between themselves and the players. I've been playing DayZ since June of 2012, it's sad to see the game like this, hopefully it improves in the future. Other games are coming out, such as H1Z1, DayZ better hurry up.

^^ you've been playing dayz MOD since 2012 the standalone wasnt out at that point so quit adding the mods length to the standalone just to make it seem like you've "waited so much longer" ...people sometimes ..

This game (dayz) is revolutionary for the strides it's made on mmo survival games .. That is why h1z1 popped up out of nowhere ; cuz SOE was losing a huge cut in revenue due to the "massive" zombie survival genre (dayz) because people were realizing that the "survival genre" has more merit now that dayz is the main face of the genre ... So ps2 fans are veering and smedly is greeding...

So they decided to slap together some baloney, and believe me they are copying dayz to a tee and that shows no originality , no promise , and no passion .

I know all the little kids and some adults on this forum will buy into that h1z1 crap but know this : it's a scheme to take your money(clothes are purchasable , most likey the best clothes so lots of people are tempted to buy them ...the game is free to play , yet you also have to buy it like normal , but theres that huge incentive to buy things your friends have so for me the whole marketing thing is always present in the game which ruins immersion ).That's already more purchasing than dayz ever has been ...just like all the other cash cows trying to buy into things making money , I can see that smedly is incredibly desperate to take people away from the dayz community seeing as all the "major" concepts of their game (the ones that aren't copying dayz ) are concepts that haven't been fully worked on in dayz (like lighting things on fire and putting vehicles in from the start of the game) .

.. So I say this to the ignorant : sure h1z1 will be a fun game to play(seven days to die is fun as well , you don't see people loving that game as much as dayz though ) , but it will take at least a year for it to be in a fully releasable state(without gamebreaking bugs and broken features ) cuz fact of the matter is makin an mmo is much harder than these dayz-hating keyboard warriors think it is ... and by a year from now dayz will already have advanced vehicles and everything else for that matter ..

So if you are disappointed with this game leave these forums so i don't have to hear your terrible opinions about hate and impatience , because its obvious that h1z1 has no passion neither does smedly, he wants your money plain and simple , why else would a huge game developer whip together a game without showcasing it at all before hand (as in usually you hear of big games a few months before you can play them , h1z1 sprung up out of nowhere (claiming it will be fully playable in a month and a half) because its intimidated on the strides dayz has made and thinks it can fill in the gaps dayz hasn't quicker , and that maybe true (about somethings like vehicles , mostly cuz smedly is going to cut many corners like with proper collision of two vehicles and explosions) but that leads for pretty poor quality games/features .

So please people if you are trying to convince us that h1z1 is better than this game (even though its not out yet and people are just assuming it will be better , which is hilarious btw) then go on their reddit (h1z1s) and please stop clodding up our forums with your terrible attitudes towards this game .. Wrastle me in real life .. Oh and one more thing if you've noticed all the buildings in h1z1 kind of look as if they are copies of buildings in the game Warz , but obviously much more detailed and amazing looking , if anything id like more is the american architecture of those buildings but i feel like even here he (smedly) is copying concepts from other games , maybe this is just paranoia though , wrestle me in real lfe .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

This is borderline unplayable. I think we need to put this whole patch back on the drawing board and reimplement the last version. It wasn't good by any means, but this is almost nightmarishly primitive. 

• Like 6

The only reason i can think of for the FPS increase is that i seem to have shadows disabled despite on the menu's drop down list telling me that i have it enabled, possible bug? There's only 2 things that are getting to me, the length of time it takes to roll out patches in comparison to the actual amount of changes made, as mentioned before you fix 80 bugs and create 100 new ones, this isn't teamwork. It's almost as if the entire development team has been told to just go and type some code with no clear communication on what's being done, who's doing what etc.

I have technically no rights to complain at this as i did buy into an early access game and agree to playing an Alpha release, but the progress is painfully slow. I'll quote from a different thread.

"Additional Anti-hack and Security

Target Delivery: Late 2013"

That didn't do anything what amuses me is how you've used Battleye after all the issues it's had on other releases why not use something that worked... Like Vac? We have people shooting from under the floor, we have people with infinite magazines stacked with thousands of bullets and/or people who can shoot you when they have no LoS on you at all, and when you get a sight on them it looks like they're laying prone on the floor constantly switching weapon.

"Cooking & Gathering Resources

Target Delivery: Early 2014"

We're approaching the end of Q1 (Which technically would be leaving the 'Early 2014' time scale and still no progress.

"Animals & Hunting

Same as above, is not progressing.

"Respawning Zombies & Loot

Again, no progress we still have server hoppers (Which benefit now because of the removing of the reloading SFX upon spawn, great idea.)

This may not be the thread for this comment, but this isn't acceptable from any dev team. As i said before i have a huge feeling of a major lack of communication between staff, main example is the addition of the new town which isn't there, have we been patched to an incomplete file by mistake? If so where's the complete file? As others have mentioned too with the whole of releasing a patch to the stable version when there are bugs, surely that's what experimental was for? Then the whole time issue with day & night cycles being different for different people, what the heck is that about? Just leave time as it was it worked fine just disable the option to slow time down to keep it 24/7 daytime and vuala.

Edited by Aj90lfc
  • Like 2

...sigh...

It is good they are doing network optimization (guaranteed messaging), although sometimes it is difficult to correlate the devs work with actual improvements...since desync, rubberbanding, and laggy movement and actions are still a reality - I dunno man...fuck...

It is good they did the mouse change! Period! yay!

But in the past I have referred to this dev team as trolls. I currently stand by that statement for the simple fact that IF we assume they understand what the words "stable" and "experimental" mean...they MUST be trolling the community. Simple as that.

There is NO excuse...nothing about being alpha or being "early" in development (hint: it's not early any more...ffs)...NO excuse for releasing unfinished, acknowledgedly buggy content to the "stable" branch. NONE. ZERO. ZIP. That's not how it works.

If the devs were to stick to their guns about not providing clear update information or change-logs for experimental, because "things can change quickly and we might remove or add anything at any given time and it's too hard to keep an accurate change-log for that". Fine. Then USE the experimental branch to experiment. Let the more adventurous of us test that. Leave STABLE alone for STABLE updates. Provide only minimal change-logs for that if needed...but on all fronts, only implement tried and true, tested and working updates to stable...this is simple, but something the devs seem incapable of conceiving. I doubt they are this stupid really, which is why I call them openly trolls. This is the only other possible explanation, other than they simply don't give a fuck.

It is VITAL to the popularity of this game that they start treating their players with consideration. Even though it is Alpha, many people play this game since, at least at the beginning, it was very playable. Do not release buggy shit to stable, FFS...you are damaging the games reputation and name. It is not good for the game, and not good for BI. Do you not see this? I am trying to help you...damnit.

So I consider my feedback, as negative as it might be, extremely important and VERY applicable to this latest update.

Please devs, for the good of the game and for the future of it, stop trolling the community with low quality work released to stable!

• Like 6

Took me a second or two on how much the meele damage on Z's was nerved. My black assault vest, took me ages to find it, now it's already badly damaged. ^_^ But I like it. Makes the fights against the Z's more intense and "realistic". It was boring at times. "Oh, a zombie, wait, yes, let's take out the good old firefighter axe....aaand he's gone. Oh, another one..."

I like how they fall down if you give them a blow to the body and they stand up again.

..//..

Damn - same thing, except that my black assault vest was ruined, and some of the stuff in the pockets too  Also my jungle boots were badly damaged (which is damned odd) AND, strangest of all - I took on 2 zeds with my fireaxe, which went from pristine to damaged at the end of the fight and two more zeds turned up (It was a LONG fight) I was bleeding from the start, those zeds took plenty of hits, I took out my pistol to shoot the last one, I shot once and she hit me at the same time.

- then the gun went "click" click" click"   lol - I thought I had an empty mag or something. In fact the gun was Ruined too... This kung fu zed smashed my gun while it was in my hand, while I was shooting her.

I just ran up the nearest stairs to bandage while she was still howling. I was wasted!

Next encounter, leg broke at the first hit. I dont have faith in the fireaxe anymore - at all. OK - so yes, zeds are much more interesting than they used to be. I walked up behind one and hit him RIGHT in the head with my fireaxe, cloud of blood came out of his head, then he just turned round and looked at me, then he got mad.

When they bring disease back into this game it's going to get mean.

xx

• Like 1

Well hi there. I suppose you did not search this forum for posts complaining about development speed? If you had, you would have noticed that the answer to this posts was always: Instant cash doesn't accelerate development of code (much). This is because new developers (if hired) need to get used to the existing code base. And existing ones do not type faster.

So please stop making assumptions about things you (obviously) do not now anything about.

Troll...

^^ you've been playing dayz MOD since 2012 the standalone wasnt out at that point so quit adding the mods length to the standalone just to make it seem like you've "waited so much longer" ...people sometimes ..

This game (dayz) is revolutionary for the strides it's made on mmo survival games .. That is why h1z1 popped up out of nowhere ; cuz SOE was losing a huge cut in revenue due to the "massive" zombie survival genre (dayz) because people were realizing that the "survival genre" has more merit now that dayz is the main face of the genre ... So ps2 fans are veering and smedly is greeding...

1. the mod was revolutionary, not what we are playing here.

2. he is right with "waiting so much longer", you probably never even played the mod.

3. "massive" zombie survival genre ? dayz sold 2 million copies thats a fart. what do you think how many people still play it on a regular basis now? and besides dayz, what is out there and could compete with it? dont say rust or 7 days to die now.. h1z1 will blow as well since it is just a moneymaker and not an idea that the developers came up with by themselves

edit : i thought we would get fireplaces, animals and an akm with this patch. obviously you cant handle the workload. i dont know if its the engine or the team, probably some of both.

Edited by Lookdavook
  • Like 1

They are taking WAY too long with this game considering how much cash they have.  Other games with big budgets are on their heels like H1Z1 and it already looks way more playable than dayz (they have vehicles for one thing).  If they don't hurry up and start pushing out patches this game will loose a large part of its fan base to the more playable (even tho its also more arcade like) games like H1Z1.  They are no longer alone in this space so they better start competing and stop resting on their laurels.

Even games with a quarter of their sales, way smaller teams and resources are making these guys look bad, cant expect them to keep up with sony. But when a small team like 7 days to die has, has patched 4 times alone this month, 1 being a huge patch of adds, fixes etc, you know deep down when some people are doing it for the love of the game/gaming industry, and some are just in it for the love of money. 

• Like 1

wow, alot of people don't understand what a ALPHA is I geuss....

Finding bugs and reporting them is perfect.

But complaining about the game like it's a finished game, I geuss you don't understand what a Alpha is.

I just think I am happy just to play it and it's awesome for a Alpha.

Have some patience and I think they make alot of progress in a small period.

Step by step, we want to have great game and that takes ALOT of time.

Kalle

http://7daystodie.com/2014/04/  Some know exactly what an alpha is, some can see other alpha games from far smaller developers, with far less resources and money completely making the dayz dev team look just how they are. Even the dead linger has come along well and that is very very early stages.  The "alpha patrol" can pipe on all they like and continue kissing the proverbial back ends, should they take a moments time to look at other alphas...... They would know themselves its a extremely thin argument. Enjoy the new trees everyone. 

• Like 2

The zombie system is getting far out of hand.

I understand (and LIKE) a challenge. I want to be afraid of these things. But don't rack up the difficulty when you have 20 other problems that destroy the balancing. The newest implementation is a complete disaster. Fix the clipping, fix the re-spawn, and fix the hit detection and lag issues BEFORE you start screwing with things.

I'm pretty disappointed with this update. Seems like they forgot about their priorities or something over there.

Don't introduce "new" things if they are reliant on currently broken/buggy/incomplete systems.

IE - Don't mess with anything to do with the zombies, until you've fixed the above issues!

Sounds like there are too many things on their plates right now. Hold off on the physics, and address some of the more older-pressing bugs.

I think it's time for them to stop new development to polish and repair what they've got out now. More gets broken before it gets fixed at this rate.

• Like 2

I died 4 times because I was a bambi & couldn't outrun a zombie.  Seems finding a weapon (Axe) is more important than food to start with now.  I think the spotting range & speed for zombies is a little too high (IMHO).  I could deal with more zombies if you could outrun them (or enter a building) to escape.  Just my thoughts on the new update.

This is borderline unplayable. I think we need to put this whole patch back on the drawing board and reimplement the last version. It wasn't good by any means, but this is almost nightmarishly primitive. 

Not only that but the sour lack of things they put in is shameful, a whole month for what, a town that's not even there, my friends found out the hard way, a few more guns, wait one more gun not that it was what we need so bad. None of the major issues like wall clipping, zombies or anything like that have been dealt with.

Dear god i am losing faith.

• Like 2