kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.44 Discussion

Haha, just had another char reset...I hope everyone remembers Dayz Standalone for what it is, not for what it could have been.

Yeah I find it happens a lot less if I leave when a server starts saying it has 5 minutes before it restarts,

Sometimes it seems like it just hasn't received your character from the main hive yet so it gives you a fresh spawn then you'll die a couple of times and your geared up guy will come back.

But other times they never come back and for no clear reason.

I think EVERY server should have warning messages for when it's going to shut down, and say clear restart times instead of "every two hours" like you're supposed to know when that will be.

I've found a very interesting thing about the character resets ... If you're character gets reset just remember the last workin server you were on and where you were in chernarus , run to that point before the server resets (working one you went on before your character got deleted ) and you'll find your body right where you logged off ... This trick only works of course when you JUST logged off of a server and on to another one that deletes your character it obviously won't work if the last server you were on has since restarted since you logged off but it's awesome to beat the glitch this way .. I've done it twice now , and twice my stuff is all there, some of it ruined from the server "deathing" you .,

I don't know how to place a feedback through that link given but here things i've seen today:

-Sodas empty problems and tuna...(already reported)

-More FPS drop? Before the patch i've put a string to reduce details and gain more FPS....The difference i've got with that that to mid long range that's the builidings were more "blur", while now are more detailed and so game is more laggy

-Gamma reduced?

I remember Dayz standalone had a more dark colors and different gamma compared to Arma 2.

Like this picture

tumblr_mh6sv0lgyw1rd90z0o1_1280.jpg

Now seems that colors taken are from the first picture (arma2)

Am i wrong?

yes and remember Rule breaking has consequences; think before you post

Edited by chodeofwar

Sorry not sure where else to put this. I didn't want to start an entire thread on it.

Wasn't there supposed to be a dev rush to get hunting in by the end of April? 

Just curious I haven't been on in a while. What are the most important added features from the last month? I'm not talking weapons and stuff but real features, loot respawn, zombie ai etc.

Thanks!

yes and remember Rule breaking has consequences; think before you post

What kind of rule did i broke by linking that quote of a my post?

Sorry not sure where else to put this. I didn't want to start an entire thread on it.

Wasn't there supposed to be a dev rush to get hunting in by the end of April? 

Just curious I haven't been on in a while. What are the most important added features from the last month? I'm not talking weapons and stuff but real features, loot respawn, zombie ai etc.

Thanks!

Probably the most important update was H1Z1 being announced  ;)

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 4

H1Z1 looks and sounds so bad, as much as the bugs are annoying and stressful as this game can be i have to admit it's gave me some of the most fun and experiences i've had from gaming for a long long time, never fails to make me jump and get an adrenaline rush during gun fights and surprise attacks so i have to commend the devs for that.

Edited by Aj90lfc
  • Like 1

No the "non-issue" is your opinion now. It was my mistake for reading it in the first place.

If you're not willing to read, then don't respond. 

So when are we gonna fix the whole, zombies walking through walls and fences, and houses and pretty much everything else in the fucking planet!!! Please fix this! I love this game and would hate to see it go down in flames because of one flaw! Most of my friends have quit playing because of this. I don't want to see people leave this community for the same reasons either! Don't get me wrong, I know that this is only an alpha build, but it's been out for a while now and this is a HUGE problem!

P.S. Just wanted to add that I thank the game devs, testers, and all who have helped to make this game what it is today! You guys and gals are awesome! Keep up the good work!

Many Zombies are going around the fences now, through some doors and up some stairs.  Its not perfect but I have seen improvement.

When using a headtorch with a weapon (SKS/FNX in my case) in aimed mode, the light beam will be off to the lower part of the screen, and you will not be able to see your target

Many Zombies are going around the fences now, through some doors and up some stairs.  Its not perfect but I have seen improvement.

It terrified me when me and my buddy climbed stairs to escape zombies and they climbed them for the first time. They're evolving!

Was attacked by real zombie masses at the crashed heli in the swamps near Balota yesterday......emptied my Mosin...then the CZ ...then used my hatchet...finally had to run for the hills...bleeding...

GREAT FUN  :)

Interestingly enough I thought about you the other day mrklowny. I was poking around on the DayZ reddit and found this thread. Rocket actually answers the guy as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/24hqo2/do_anyone_know_why_the_suicide_animations_are/

I'm glad to hear they are working on it and don't mind waiting. Thanks for the link. 

I wish they would just fix the zombies fully instead of bit by bit like yay they can come up stairs and still walk through doors to murder us now, going through walls should have been the first thing fixed not going upstairs.

Like the only way you can escape them is if you're fast enough to get in and go up, provided stairs are to the side because they're too stupid to do anything that isn't go straight at you and just try get you from the room below.

Seriously, What a hell ? There is no info about work in progress, no info about upcomming patch release date or next experimental patch release. You give players 0 informations. I dont know what happened but last thing what we were informed was that the upcomming patch (already released) should have contained cooking,crafting, fireplaces, crossbow, animals and stuff. We were told this is going to be released within 2 weeks in worst case at the end of april. And here we are 11th of May, and we got crossbow, engraved 1911, item throw "physics" and thats it. Nothing else. So i am wondering what happened....

• Like 3

I wish they would just fix the zombies fully instead of bit by bit like yay they can come up stairs and still walk through doors to murder us now, going through walls should have been the first thing fixed not going upstairs.

Like the only way you can escape them is if you're fast enough to get in and go up, provided stairs are to the side because they're too stupid to do anything that isn't go straight at you and just try get you from the room below.

I totally agree. I would rather see zombies going upstairs than going trough walls.  Man I would see zombies fixed than having an AK in the game.

Everything is pointless until they get the zombies fixed.

• Like 1

Zombies not working 5 months in is a joke you can only use the Alpha gag for so long, Dayz at this stag is like Tetris with Circles it's just retarted.

Edited by Smiley_ie
  • Like 4

Seriously, What a hell ? There is no info about work in progress, no info about upcomming patch release date or next experimental patch release. You give players 0 informations. I dont know what happened but last thing what we were informed was that the upcomming patch (already released) should have contained cooking,crafting, fireplaces, crossbow, animals and stuff. We were told this is going to be released within 2 weeks in worst case at the end of april. And here we are 11th of May, and we got crossbow, engraved 1911, item throw "physics" and thats it. Nothing else. So i am wondering what happened....

"End of Mai" is the only information we got.

I totally agree with you. This is just.. bullshit..

• Like 1

I see that almost every official DayZ GB servers have the 15:00 time after restart and I have only one hour to play on full daylight after which is getting dark. I think I already have one month since I didn't find a server to play 3 hours in full day. The sun at sunset is so annoying I can't see anything when looking to direction of the sun. This would not be a problem, but I really miss playing in the day time. Don't you have the same problem? This time cycle is so monotonous. I want to see how is in the morning, midday, night...

• Like 1

Also, I saw map updates even on stable. The police building has a wood stack in one of the rooms. As far as I know this was not announced. I think they did this during the maintenance procedure. Maybe I am wrong.

Edited by lucianpin

Still no patch, no info about the patch, no dev blog,  while the only thing  continuously appearing are new game exploits, this is a perfect situation to be in.

Edited by arveko
  • Like 3

Still no patch, no info about the patch, no dev blog,  while the only thing  continuously appearing are new game exploits, this is a perfect situation to be in.

Wont see anything much for stable at the end of this month, it will be the end of next month im willing to bet. Then lets see how they defend it.... oh yeah silly me... "Alpha patrol GO!!!!!!".

• Like 1

We will receive some guns new clothes but nothing really game breaking same mechanic since day 1 of release.

• Like 1

Very unprofessional looking to be now almost a month over when the last patch was meant to be . No official words to say thanks to the community for been patient, here's what we are working on etc. I guess its all part of playing in an Alpha. Nearly 6 months have passed and when I had brought the game I thought 3-6 months would see the majority of content added and then move to graphics and tweaks. It hasn't happened, its very slow.

more annoying to me is no communication. Rocket should have a social media person or official admins on the forums that know sh*t about the updates and whats going on development side. We can keep supporting and sticking up for the game but feeling deserted now is starting to feel like one of the other Alphas that never get their updates.

• Like 3