Sign in to follow this  
helcol

Post what sounds you feel need to be added to the game

Personally, here is my list of sounds that I feel should be added.

1. Door Open/Close: this has already been said, but I'll add it to my list

2. Book Page Turning: This would be a nice addition to the books.

3. Smash or Snap sound when opening a can with anything but a can opener: would add another value to running around with a can opener.

4. A Snapping/Breaking sound when you break your legs: would make death by falling even more embarrassing and would make it so that you can tell you have broken bones (a way to take away written indicators).

5. Peeling sound when opening the can of sardines (or tuna, whichever one is open able w/o can opener): Would be a cool sound to add.

6.Pendulum Clocks in game ticking (if they work) and making a loud sound every in game hour: I think this would be awesome to have as an in game sound. I would shit myself the first time I hear one of those ring in this environment.

7.Radios working: many ideas already said for this one, but I've noticed so many radios in houses that do not work, at least some of them should still have some battery juice left?

8. Kicking over a trash can sound: C'mon I'm sure some people out there would love to scare your friends shitless by doing this.

9. Sound for the water pumps and for sipping out of a pond: Will most likely be added, but will add to my list anyway.

10. Window shattering sounds: I'm not to sure whether the hospital windows come broken or if you can break them, but I want to see more windows that I can break rather than an entire town with broken windows every time.

That's the ones that I can think of at the moment. Feel free to make your own list and critique my list. I will check this later because I have to be somewhere. I'm interested in seeing what you guys would like to see in regards to in game sounds.

{edit}: color change

Edited by helcol
  • Like 1

Doors and gates opening are the big one for me.

• Like 1

Most important one:

Zombies actually making footsteps and rustling noises.

They come out of no where like fucking ninjas right now.

• Like 3

Sneaking around hordes of zombies , and armpit farts . You can flip the bird, so why not.

I'd rather have all these annoying random noises removed first

I really think that's should be a top priority. So hard to be cautious when there is crazy reloading sounds in your ear the entire play session.

• Like 3

Footsteps need to be louder. If someone's running down the street, you can hear them a hundred yards off. And it's very difficult to run through a forest quietly, too.

Heart pounding when your shock level is high or you've been running.

Once the cold and wet actually have an effect on your character, it might be cool to have random sneezing?

That blue hurts my eyes and I find it hard to read, sorry to be a dick but is there a chance you could maybe change it?

That blue hurts my eyes and I find it hard to read, sorry to be a dick but is there a chance you could maybe change it?

I'll change the color for you  :)

ty for letting me know

• Like 1

Hello there

Dont forget you can use the default blue and white theme which is much easier on the eye.

Look way down in the bottom left.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Proper sounds for filling STANAG mags, like rounds being repetitively loaded, similar to loading a Mosin.

Oh, and change it so splitting rounds sounds more like we're actually splitting bullets, and not emptying a toolbox onto the floor.

Hello there

Dont forget you can use the default blue and white theme which is much easier on the eye.

Look way down in the bottom left.

Rgds

LoK

Ah thanks man didn't know that, got it changed now :D

I'll change the color for you  :)

ty for letting me know

It's cool the mod has shown me how to change the theme. Thanks though.

• Like 1

I'd rather have all these annoying random noises removed first

I really think that's should be a top priority. So hard to be cautious when there is crazy reloading sounds in your ear the entire play session.

I too wish they would hurry up and get rid of the random reload/zombie sounds/eating sounds. Damn those bunnies!

• Like 1

10. Window shattering sounds: I'm not to sure whether the hospital windows come broken or if you can break them, but I want to see more windows that I can break rather than an entire town with broken windows every time.

A stray bullet of mine hit a window the other day and I heard a smashing sound... But I dont think the window broke... But I was also a little...busy at the time it happened so i forgot to check it out when i was done.

• Like 1

Collision sounds with all areas of the environment except just bushes.(trees, walls, garbage cans, fences, Etc.)

Reverb and echo/sound reflection

Environmental ambient sound redone to sound more distant then right in your ear(damn birds are louder then my weapon sometimes)

Edited by akafugitive

I was hoping we could get some phantom soda can opening sounds and maybe a bunch of random zombie grunts. Throw in some ghost reload and ammo combining audio and I'm good.

I think that all the telephones on the map should randomly ring 5-6 times twice a day.  Give us that "Omega Man" thing.

A lot. From creaking floorboard to metal rattling in the wind. Im sure more will come...

I like the creepyness factor of the telephones ringing!

BETTER? Make them WORK!

Random phone in Elektro rings in the darkness... Answer and it's someone from Gorka screaming about crazy hoard of zombies coming their way... Or just heavy breathing and a gunshot.

Truth be told though... I just want the random global sounds GONE!

Also some variations of the ambient wind sounds. Right now, if I'm up in NWAF... I still hear the sea shore. (Last time I remember anyway)

I should be able to crank it right up and hear next to nothing in some secluded parts of the woods etc.