[Outcasts]Massacre

Soooo about Hardcore

I just switched from regular to hardcore and I have to say...

This was the most exciting, heart pounding, DayZ session ive played to date, and I got close to 200 hours in standalone.

The no 3th person view really enhanced the paranoia and makes the game a lot tenser.

Whats your motivation to play on hardcore?

Edited by Massacre
  • Like 16

*heart

And yes, hardcore is WAY better than noobZ.

• Like 2

*heart

And yes, hardcore is WAY better than noobZ.

TY and fixed. That was actually the dutch version of the word :/

Edited by Massacre
  • Like 4

I feel dirty every time I play on 3pp, because it's too damn easy to track and slaughter people without ever having to expose myself to risk.

Personally, I like a challenge and it just isn't one if you never have to take a calculated risk yourself.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 7

3PP is just stupid. The only possible benefit of playing with it is to grab items you can't get in 1st person, but that isn't worth all the bullshit you deal with when it comes to other players cheating in fights.

• Like 5

I really like playing hardcore but at night when I play most of the servers are empty and the only friend I have that will actually play 1pp only plays during the day, so I'm usually playing on 3pp servers.

• Like 1

I like being able to see my character, I like third-person. It is really that simple. I don't feel any more or less "immersed".

I recognize the detriments of it, and would rather they be mitigated vice contributing to the unnecessary vitriol surrounding third-person. 

Would I be bummed if they only went with first-person? Sure. Would I stop playing? No.

• Like 4

My clann just switched our server over to hardcore. I must say I am quickly beginning to like it more. And on top of that our server is filling much faster.

Edited by hrdrok
  • Like 2

I just switched from regular to hardcore and I have to say...

This was the most exciting, heart pounding, DayZ session ive played to date, and I got close to 200 hours in standalone.

The no 3th person view really enhanced the paranoia and makes the game a lot tenser.

Same. I like the bushes and objects that block your view and force you out in open sight in many cases..

Grass is a hell of a drug on hardcore and will get you killed quick. ;)

I have no issue with 3pp, so as far as HC goes thats not my motivation. Its the view point being changed and the new tactics involved, lack of seeing your back at any point, BIS programming of interiors makes it cray-cray for CQB.. so many reasons why HC is fun. But also so many reasons why regular is too. Mainly I dont get sick ever on 3pp servers, where as on 1pp I from time to time get headaches or nausea and have to log out. And yes, my headbob always is off. Since day 1.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

i only play 1st person/sim, games. good to see another person on the first person mode, servers are dead at night sometimes on stable

• Like 1

Hope to see more hardcore servers in the future (AUS). Make the bad players work a bit harder for their kos 

• Like 1

Hardcore is awesome... better imersion

This is my motivation.

3pp cant get my adrenaline going at all, its not scary, its not intense, its arcadish and easy in my opinion.

1pp can however. I get scared, my adrenaline start pumping and i even scream from time to time. The intensity is crazy and sometimes i even have to log off, just to cool down abit.

The immersion is not to be questioned, its simply non exsistant for me on Regular :)

• Like 2

Same. I like the bushes and objects that block your view and force you out in open sight in many cases..

Grass is a hell of a drug on hardcore and will get you killed quick. ;)

I have no issue with 3pp, so as far as HC goes thats not my motivation. Its the view point being changed and the new tactics involved, lack of seeing your back at any point, BIS programming of interiors makes it cray-cray for CQB.. so many reasons why HC is fun. But also so many reasons why regular is too. Mainly I dont get sick ever on 3pp servers, where as on 1pp I from time to time get headaches or nausea and have to log out. And yes, my headbob always is off. Since day 1.

I guess this pretty much summed it up for me.

Sadly, I do end up with pretty boring clothes (camouflage) on HC, as opposed to regular.

• Like 1

I kinda like HC and 1PP just annoying that when I walked into a jailhouse there was someone leaning out of a door around the first corner who fully unloaded an M4 into me that'd have been avoided if well, it was a 3PP server. At least I'd have been able to make contact and/or identify someone possibly being there before getting shot the fuck up. 

That aside, yeah hardcore is pretty swank, though the zombies seem to be more sensitive on it, kinda annoying.

• Like 1

Hardcore all the way, the thought of not seeing anyone means you're not being seen is a lot more re-assuring.

It also adds more to it: the choice of backpack for example, taking a large one prevents you from looking over your shoulder in favor of inventory space, I like thinking about these kind of trade-offs.

• Like 2

I always thought hardcore was really cool, but I have too much adrenilin, so whenever I lose sight of somebody in hardcore, I end up feeling like I just snorted 30 lines and am still conscious for the overdose. It's why I stick to regular. I yell sometimes when surprised.

• Like 1

I kinda like HC and 1PP just annoying that when I walked into a jailhouse there was someone leaning out of a door around the first corner who fully unloaded an M4 into me that'd have been avoided if well, it was a 3PP server. At least I'd have been able to make contact and/or identify someone possibly being there before getting shot the fuck up. 

That aside, yeah hardcore is pretty swank, though the zombies seem to be more sensitive on it, kinda annoying.

So what you are saying, is you miss being able to peak around corners, without exposing yourself?

3pp peasent!!!

The thing about hardcore, is that you cant play it the same way as regular, it will get you killed 99% of the time.

A total change in tactics is needed, to accomidate the limited FOV you have.

• Like 2

So what you are saying, is you miss being able to peak around corners, without exposing yourself?

3pp peasent!!!

The thing about hardcore, is that you cant play it the same way as regular, it will get you killed 99% of the time.

A total change in tactics is needed, to accomidate the limited FOV you have.

Eh, I just went around the corner, though what I'm saying is that if I saw him I may've been able to actually communicate with him. Before you say "You should've gone around" he'd have heard the footsteps outside and probably either shot me or just avoided me with a few steps into the hallway so I don't see him. I'd have rather at least said "Hey bud?" rather than be greeted with god knows how many bullets.

• Like 1

All of the above, though the biggest thing for me personally is that I know for a fact noone else can abuse it. This is such a relief that I actually can enjoy playing the game the way I want it to (as I prefer 1st person anyway) and don't have to worry about what anyone else is doing.

• Like 6

Eh, I just went around the corner, though what I'm saying is that if I saw him I may've been able to actually communicate with him. Before you say "You should've gone around" he'd have heard the footsteps outside and probably either shot me or just avoided me with a few steps into the hallway so I don't see him. I'd have rather at least said "Hey bud?" rather than be greeted with god knows how many bullets.

True hehe, i understand. Was trying to make a joke, but internet and jokes are difficult lol.
Soloing on Hardcore can be pretty damn hard from time to time, thats for sure.

But you are right, if i can talk my way out of a murder, i most certaintly will to hehe

All of the above, though the biggest thing for me personally is that I know for a fact noone else can abuse it. This is such a relief that I actually can enjoy playing the game the way I want it to (as I prefer 1st person anyway) and don't have to worry about what anyone else is doing.

This is so very very very VERY important.

Couldnt agree more tbh.

• Like 1

True hehe, i understand. Was trying to make a joke, but internet and jokes are difficult lol.

Soloing on Hardcore can be pretty damn hard from time to time, thats for sure.

But you are right, if i can talk my way out of a murder, i most certaintly will to hehe

Ah, aye sarcasm travels in straight line fonts on the net like anything else does. I like to use Italics when being sarcastic to give it that emphasis to it, just in case this wasn't obvious enough. So it's fine :3

• Like 2

I play both. Regular is my main character as i record videos and, atleast in my opinion, 3pp makes for better viewing on a vid. I do play hardcore though and i can see why people would prefer it over regular.

Personaly i dont like hardcore too much (i gave it a good go) theres something wrong about it. I dont know how to describe it but it just does not feel right. Maybe its the controls, first person animations are weird in this game.

I do hate the glitching through walls in regular but this can still be done in hardcore to a lesser extent.

And i just realised what is wrong with hardcore, your awareness is terrible. Its like driving a car with no side mirrors or interior mirror. In other fps games awareness is acceptable but this game its horrible.

Yes third person needs work i will agree. Maybe make it over the shoulder i dont know.

• Like 1