shaeg

This is how dumb punching is in this game.

I spawn on the coast on new experimental server... I have nothing...I hear gun shots ahead so i run to investigate.

Some bloke picking off fresh spawns  with a m4 in full  military attire with a press vest on. I run behind him as he is chasing some noobs down...

Punches and all his gear was mine.

Great for me, but really.... this is retarded. All of your time is meaningless and easy picking to some starving beach bum in seconds. Do you guys think punching is a bit over the top? Is this being changed? He was even wearing a Helmet.

• Like 13

That's my you don't let people with nothing to loose not get close to you. If he wasn't on the coast piping off fresh spawns you wouldn't have been able to do that.

I do agree to a bit that fists should knock over after a few punches(2-4) but knock out should take more(8+)

• Like 4

I spawn on the coast on new experimental server...

.Is this being changed?

Experimental servers are being changed all the time.

Please, take this piece of advice in the spirit it is given: Save yourself (and us) some grief and wait until the game is finished. The development phase will contain tons of things that will aggravate you, and this kind of posts does noone any good. Not you, not me, not these forums.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 14

I think 2 or 3 punches should have some affect. such as a stun to the point where they are able to shoot and move but sluggishly because of being hit so many times in the head or in the back of the head. 

EDIT: meant to add just not as much damage as they do now**

Edited by Jfiles

I agree that it is stupid. When I played the mod I thought it was dumb you couldn't punch, now I feel it is the opposite.

• Like 2

Punching is absolutely stupid atm.

Wat is need is some kind of shove button, like l4d to push away plays who attempt to punch you.

• Like 2

Needs a stealth maneuver break neck from behind. Punches should make you drop main weapon and disorientate not kill

• Like 1

If you think about it, if you get behind a fully geared soldier IRL with nothing but your bare hands, you should be able to do some serious damage if not kill him. Punching is still retarded in this game, tho

• Like 1

I spawn on the coast on new experimental server... I have nothing...I hear gun shots ahead so i run to investigate.

Some bloke picking off fresh spawns  with a m4 in full  military attire with a press vest on. I run behind him as he is chasing some noobs down...

Great for me, but really.... this is retarded. All of your time is meaningless and easy picking to some starving beach bum in seconds. Do you guys think punching is a bit over the top? Is this being changed? He was even wearing a Helmet.

I guess this will never happen to me. He was ...sorry... a noob.

I think it is fair that you can knockout someone as long you not hit the helmet.

Edited by NoCheats

It's as if no one has ever been punched in the face in real life here....

One punch to the face is highly likely to knock some one out.

• Like 11

on exp 5 minutes ago:

me: fists, no shirt, pants, moto helmet badly damaged.

him: crowbar, pristine shirt, ballistic helmet damaged.

i won and never had a bleed.

Uh..

No, not really. It takes multiple strikes to the face to knock some one out. You need to punch hard enough to cause their brain to basically slam into the back of their skull. This varies on the skill and strength of the attacker.

A punch to the BACK of the head is almost guaranteed to knock someone out, barring little to no force is applied. The strike at the back of the head will hit the part of the brain that is responsible for conciousness.

This I know because i've knocked out people, and have been knocked out. I've never been knocked out from a frontal strike, but have gone black when suckered in the back of the head. 

Ingame it's completely random at the moment. I've punched people in the back of the head multiple times but no knockout, and sometimes 1 hit knockouts out. This needs tweaking.

Jesus who have you been fighting professional boxers ?

Most of the fights I have ever seen or participated in just ended up in bloody noses and bruises. No knocking anyone out just 2 out of breath people tired after punching each others face.

• Like 1

^ They dont know where to hit. I have a friend that i saw fighting multiple times, and he usually wins with one hit to the chin and he is not even a boxer.

For this game i think this is fair as you need to get really close to your (armed) target and hit it precisely, also account for retarded movement controls/animations limitations we got currently.

You mean highly unlikely.....

American Kickboxing for 5 1/2 years ..... We are not made out of glass. Inmy 5 1/2 years I was only KO'd 11 times.  and I only KO'd someone 6 times. All the other matches were won/lost on points. It is not a common thing especially to just 3 punch KO someone.. maybe if it was some buck 20 emo kid wearing girl pants walking to school it would make sense... but these are the SURVIVORS of an apocolypse... not the weakest links... and wearing helmets.... its just dumb

Edited by Shaeg
  • Like 2

Need a rifle butt option. The butt-stock on some of these weapons will absolutely wreck you if you are hit by it.

Also a one hit knock out is unlikely unless you are hit directly in the jaw or temple. When I mean hit I mean a real hay-maker and you are completely unaware. The characters in the game throw jabs which wouldn't be difficult to recoil from.

Edited by teapot
  • Like 5

^ What is so special about "American" kickboxing? You can train your face to take more hits?

Did you ever have fights without gloves?

Yes.

• Like 1

^ What is so special about "American" kickboxing? You can train your face to take more hits?

Did you ever have fights without gloves?

That's why he said it, genius. Because they're NOT special he can use them as an example.

OT: We need some kind of damage boost when attacking oblivious players from behind, in combination with a fist nerf.

• Like 1

whats funny is your toon has malnutrition at the start and yet has the punch of Tyson in the 80's its stupid and to knock a guiy out wearing a motorcycle helmet is even dumber I mean really you can with stand a crash and not get your head split or knocked out but yet a sickly toon can totally dumb. I know the reason they did it was to give a way for unarmed players to fight back but as in above posts all it leads to is them getting KOS'd so really it did the opposite. I stay away from fresh spawns unless its a friend or I shoot them they move fast and don't care to die. but then again I don't hang around the coast at all once I spawn I don't come back to spawn areas for anything ever.

Edited by gannon46

Experimental servers are being changed all the time.

Please, take this piece of advice in the spirit it is given: Save yourself (and us) some grief and wait until the game is finished. The development phase will contain tons of things that will aggravate you, and this kind of posts does noone any good. Not you, not me, not these forums.

I love you, Max. ^-^

• Like 1

I love you, Max. ^-^

Hey, me too!

I mean, at least one person was listening.

Experimental server is experimental. Things will be broken, mended, then broken again all the time. It is not 'retarded' and it is nothing to get so upset about.

Hey, me too!

I mean, at least one person was listening.

Experimental server is experimental. Things will be broken, mended, then broken again all the time. It is not 'retarded' and it is nothing to get so upset about.

Its on stable, though, too...

• Like 3

It's not dumb to be able to knock someone out with a melee attack to the head, it is however pretty silly that ballistics helmets do not protect from melee attacks when bike helmets and construction helmets do.

The m4 ars*hole should be more aware of what's going on around him, I've never once been punched out by a Freshy, and I go around giving them guns when I'm bored (I haven't been shot with one of my own firearms either, yet... but mainly because I make it very clear that if the gun comes out in my presence I will put them down without a second thought). Also he should take a look at his life if he feels that shooting up fresh spawns on the coast is a suitable use of his time.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit