usedpasta_

Why I don't like DayZ

Ok first thing, its not the game I don't like I love the idea of DayZ and i'm not a new DayZ player I had the mod for almost a year and got the standalone as soon as it came out. But the thing I hate about DayZ is the people that play it. The people that just shot first and don't ever talk to anyone, the people that think its a deathmatch, the people that camp on a hill shooting at a fresh spawns. Now i'm not saying that everyone is like this but lets be honest most people that are geared are like this. It makes me really sad when I see this stuff happening because the game has so much potential and it is ruined by those people, and I don't think it will ever stop. I giving up hope on DayZ. That is all

It's true. Don't hate the game, hate the players.

It's gonna get better, I hope, once we get base building. Bandits will be busy with that instead.

• Like 1

You cant be a firefighter without fire!

I cant be a hero without those bandit!

bandit are a part of the game!

• Like 1

It's gonna get better, I hope, once we get base building. Bandits will be busy with that instead.

Naah, when it get really really hard, that's when the easygoers will move along to something more mellow.

Naah, when it get really really hard, that's when the easygoers will move along to something more mellow.

Well I dont have a problem with that 

Depends on the standpoint, really. I have never learned to hate bandits as I take precautions and don't actually hang around big cities. Stick to the woods and you're fine and don't have to deal with people.

The people don't have to change, your playstyle might have to.

• Like 3

There's less incentive to kos in the standalone because if you shoot a guy in the torso you will ruin all of his gear. Now it makes more sense to bandit them, and I've noticed that once new players get a bit of experience in the game they tend to learn not to kos, as the negatives of doing so outweigh the positive.

I know that feeling. I love this game, and where its going excites me to no end. But in the end, it doesn't matter because the players are awful. :murder:

Stop confusing KoSers with bandits, they add nothing to the game.

And OP, you will only attract KoSers with this thread anyway since they feed on whining threads such as these. Better have it closed, it's gonna become a flame thread from post 10 downwards anyway.

Edited by Enforcer

As someone who is approaching 600 hours (maybe im already there 8P) I have met more people who were at least willing to take a risk then the "hey there's someone, Blam!" types - and as someone stated above they are a needed part of the game, without them I wouldn't be looking over my shoulder constantly, my heart rate wouldn't rise a bit upon meeting someone - it makes the game for me if everyone was a "nice guy" I wouldn't be playing this game

I'm glad you did not make a "OH IT HAS NO CARS, ITS UNFINISHED, ITS BUGGY, I KNOW ITS ALPHA BUT ITS BUGGY" thread.

Just as Enforcer said, bandits are a part of the game, but KOSers aren't. REAL bandits will tell you to drop your shit and take you hostage, that's what bandits should be. Thankfully I did meet some bandits that take you hostage, and I'll tell you, if they are good bandits it can be FUN. REALLY FUN.

Don't lose faith on SA, dude. It has so much potential, just have patience.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a completely different game compared to what some other players say. Of course there are enough bandits, but I meet cool guys in game all the time. They are complete strangers to me yet we find enough guts not to shread each other into pieces and play together for a while. Not to mention how many times I just observed a player without attempting to attack him, I'm pretty sure things like that must've happened to myself pretty often too. Just make sure to be extremly careful all the time and not rush to some war zone right away, you'll sure have a high chance of meeting a hostile there.

It's gonna be the same, I played some mods of dayz mod with base building. Survivors are still survivors, bandits are still bandits, just attacking someone's base for a difference.

know why I love Dayz? Well it's like this, i've been alive in game now for about 4 months, every hour that I play turns into a total draining adrenaline rush, which can even be fuelled by as little as a zombie noise from a rabbit & that's with nearly 400 hours game time..

As a player who has played the MOD since it first came out, I'll tell you this. Maybe you SHOULD hate the game a little. I'm not condoning shooting fresh spawns or whatever, I only shoot first if I feel threatened. Anyways what I'm asking you to do is to examine why people are driven to just shoot people. With DayZ being an early-access game as we begged for it to be, theres an extreme lack of content. You can get fully geared in less than an hour if you know the routes to run. Once you have one of the 4-5 primary guns, what do you do? There are no tents to try to store gear in, no vehicles to look for and slave away repairing. So what do you do? Most people just seek some use for these guns and ammo. Sure, playing hero is challenging and can be rewarding, but most players find it easier to just take some target practice. You gotta see the mindset of the people you are criticizing.

some ill light up some i dont it all depends on thier manner.

There's a fine line between bandits and pussies who snipe on a hill all day.

• Like 1

Too many people think KoS and being a d*ck to freshspawns (on the rare occasion of meeting a freshspawn who isn't trying to punch you in the face) is the same thing as being a bandit.

A bandit hunts, robs and if necessary kills players to gain items that are otherwise hard to obtain, regardless of if that's food, tools or weaponry, a true bandit is doing it to survive and as such, it's a valid tactic in DayZ. What isn't a valid tactic is sprinting to the first weapon spawn you can find, then going to whatever the current cookie cutter city happens to be and killing everyone you see, till someone kills you.

One is a survival tactic, the other is CoD kids not understanding the purpose of the game they're playing.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 1

When you have a lot to lose and you come across a geared guy the two best options are usually to A) run away or B) KoS him, the % of him KoSing you is so high that it's not worth the risk of being friendly.

As for killing bambi's I dont usually do that unless they annoy me, but I have nothing agiasn't someone who does kill bambi's, these bambis are the same guys who kill people when geared, they have just lost their ability to fight.

Yesterday I was running around the coast, and i saw some bambi running, I tried being nice to him and he came up and punched me in the face, I shot his leg and fractured him, he begged me to kill him so I bandaged him and told him to enjoy a slow death. He screamed at me in a foriegn language probably brazilian (portuguese) and ragequit, I took so much joy out of it I feel like doing it all over again... but I wont... I think...

Edited by blazed

There's a fine line between bandits and pussies who snipe on a hill all day.

Both are bandit!

Both are bandit!

No, one is a stupid cunt who needs to stop avoiding people, the other is a bandit.

• Like 1

No, one is a stupid cunt who needs to stop avoiding people, the other is a bandit.

So basically you are saying take snipers out? Because most snipers will be hiding in attempt to not get flanked in scope mode.

Both are bandit!

Is the sniper or his friends looting the corpses? It's very rare they do.

If he isn't, he isn't a bandit.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

It makes me really sad when I see this stuff happening because the game has so much potential and it is ruined by those people, and I don't think it will ever stop.

Lately I've been playing on low pop servers solo giving myself plenty to do without any idiots around to ruin the fun. For example I recently started an all bacon and beer diet on my stable regular character. Refusing to eat disgusting fish and beans makes it that much better when I find the delicious canned bacon.

I'm hoping private servers can counter the terrible community. If the servers in the mod are any indication, then if the morons can spawn with an m4 and gas mask they will join those servers, while players like us will hopefully find a decent mature only server. At the very worst I will host my own private server and just play it single player.

I'm also hoping h1z1 takes a lot of the flavor of the month players away when it launches.

• Like 1

So you are telling me that ppl who i caught killing fresh spawn on the coast with sniper arent bandit? 

Bandit or Kos Cod kids are the same for me

So you are telling me that ppl who i caught killing fresh spawn on the coast with sniper arent bandit?

Bandit or Kos Cod kids are the same for me

No they're not the same. Bandits understand the game they're playing and are very good at it. Kos players have no idea what's going on besides the fact that there are guns in the game. So they think "ill just shoot stuff then I win?"

• Like 1