Sign in to follow this  
theswedishcathead

DayZ Experimental | More people are silent and do not want to talk?

Seems like almost 90% of all players on experimental right now are silent and refuse to speak in anyway. i'm been meeting few friendlies which refuse to talk and some unfriendlies who kill me on sight being completely silent i think this is very weird snice almost all of the people i have met are like this? i try to speak but most are russian or french and refuse to speak any word in english.. anyone has the same problem? stable seems to have more normal people. Also noticed that European servers seem to be less friendly than the US ones snice english is actually spoken there.

Edited by Henrik115
  • Like 3

Don't trust the turks, man, I met some and they used me as a packmule, picked me up and killed me when they got me to their group.

• Like 3

12 yr olds embarrassed about pre puberty girl voice is common in online gaming

• Like 5

I just tried experimental last night and noticed this as well, doesn't bother me much since I'm too anxious to speak like 90% of the time. It's weird though, because the server had like 40-50 people in it, but from solnichny, to berenzino, to Svetlojarsk, to "yephar nonrha" I only came across like 6 guys... Did they add the west coast spawns back in with experimental, or what?

Lets see. Saw 2 guys from the solnichny factory. One never saw me, the other just ran from me until we reached the next village where I lost him.

One guy killed by a zombie north west of the berenzino construction site, and one guy by the school flipping off a zombie as it killed him.

The next three guys were at the school, the berenzino PD, and the Svetlojarsk PD. I broke all their legs with 2 shotgun blasts because they attacked me on site. ( the shotgun is very good at this I've found out. It's a great pacifier for KoS people that don't yet have guns) the first guy said hello(voice chat) and immediately attacked. He died before I could do anything for him. The second guy asked me to kill him after I broke his legs (text chat) and then apologized when I dropped some morphine, rags, and a canteen for him. I told him it was no problem, he gave me some rice and we went our deprecate ways

Before Svetlojarsk I met a new spawn in berenzino sitting watching the sunset. He got up and left after a little bit saying nothing.

The Svetlojarsk guy said nothing even after breaking his legs. I had no morphine so I offered to kill him, but he still said nothing, just kept trying to box me in to the small medic outpost. I axed him once, he began to bleed and the server reset so it probably didn't go through. Hopefully he found some morphine on the next server.

After rejoining the server I found an excited man proclaiming that there was a crossbow in the police station(voice chat) after I found it he disappeared.

The last guy I saw entering a barn so I rushed up on him. We text chatted "hello" and then traded. He gave me a bolt and wanted 22 ammo, but I had none. I said thanks and we went our separate ways.

So overall it was

3 hostile ( one possibly out of fear)

2 friendly

And 2 possibly scared

With

1 friendly voice

1 hostile voice

1 friendly text

1 hostile mute

And

2 neutral/scared mutes.

It's not even like I was running from place to place. The last two guys had guns so I didn't try to stick around or find them, but the rest of them I tried to find after they wandered off or ran away. I even ran around berenzino a few times hoping for some more interactions.

Maybe it's some kind of odd niche. The COD 12 year olds can't figure out how to do experimental, the serious DayZ vetrens don't want to risk wasting their time losing everything to stupid bugs on experimental( or they have a bunch a friends they play with on stable.) So experimental is for all the geeky technical anti social people who want to find bugs.

Edited by Phoenix777

I haven't had my mic on the last couple of days, but that doesn't stop me from chatting. 

I haven't personally been killed on experimental. I also don't really see the point in killing on it because it's there to test things. Everyone I meet I help out. They all seem friendly to me. Hooked a guy up with rope + burlap sack + sticks, food, water, UK vest, ballistic helmet, lantern, pickaxe and an xbow earlier. He was beyond excited and was testing everything out.

People want to see and test the new stuff on experimental, so why go around slaughtering people? save that shit for the regular servers is what i say.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 2

Don't trust the turks, man, I met some and they used me as a packmule, picked me up and killed me when they got me to their group.

Do you think that ppl who meet in this game are more than nice from turks? Come'n !! KOS is very populer and also do not blame ppl who are turks! We are not same like ppl u met before. If I were you, I would be nice and do not calumniate people.. Thank you = ))

I haven't had my mic on the last couple of days, but that doesn't stop me from chatting. 

I haven't personally been killed on experimental. I also don't really see the point in killing on it because it's there to test things. Everyone I meet I help out. They all seem friendly to me. Hooked a guy up with rope + burlap sack + sticks, food, water, UK vest, ballistic helmet, lantern, pickaxe and an xbow earlier. He was beyond excited and was testing everything out.

People want to see and test the new stuff on experimental, so why go around slaughtering people? save that shit for the regular servers is what i say.

Problem is that this never really had been a problem before snice all the new people coming in dayz tons tons of childern playing this game it's freaking annoying.

I dont play experimental too much but my experience is totally different, mostly met talkative and friendly guys, maybe it is because most of them were swedes^^

That's my experience even on stable. I haven't heard a person talk or seen them type in 167 hours played, with at least four or five 'friendly' encounters.

I had kind of the same experiences i would randomly come across people that were friendly and some that only pretended to be friendly and some that just wouldnt talk  ... i came across a male and female char the guy talked a bit saying he didnt want any trouble ... i was a fresh spawn just looking for some stuff to help survive ... searching the school ... came around a corner and the chick tried to shoot me with the shotgun ... good thing she was a bad shot ... they came across my friend i was trying to meet up with ... they exchanged hello's my friend being a female .. naturally the female char chimed in omg another female and offered her all sorts of food and anything she wanted ... lucky for them she didnt have a gun cause she would of killed them for trying to shoot me when i was nothing but nice ... then ive come across people that wouldnt say a word just stand there and look stupid ... also so many creepy stalker guys that change females around talking creepy ... have they never talked to a girl in real life ... 

Talk? Let's see..

Today i've played 5 hours. 

Situation 1:

i was entering a firestation and found a guy inside.

me: SKS + fireaxe him: spliting axe and nothing else visible. 

First thing i did i took some steps back while i kept my SKS and axe on my back.

He raised the axe and came after me. I have avoided him easily and run some more steps.

He came again hiting. I've run away while he was screaming "hey man, please stop" with that puberus voice

we have all heard at some point. That was retarded spermatozoyd #1

Sitation 2

Came across 3 guys that ware looting a small town in the very far north. 

They start yelling "man please stop, etc etc"

I did'nt. While i was running in zig-zag one mosin shot went near my ear and missed me.

I escaped into the woods. That would be retarded spermatozoyd #2

So, please enlighten me. To talk to...whom? Using words when you are given bullets?

I would have stayed to be killed with no issues but i was curios to see all new addition because i 

i have'nt played in a while and was just barrely escaped the "killing fields" of eastern coast.

So i talked today because someone shot me... I was coming into town and saw this guy on the roof of a school/office or whatever it is. It was a .22 and he hit me in the shoulder as I was approaching to talk. As soon as I realized what it was I decided to use my mic and started yelling at him "What the fuck do you think you're doing!?! I was coming up to see if you needed anything. Don't be a fucking asshole about it." Then dude comes down and says he's really sorry hahah!

Traded him some more .22 ammo for some food and went on my way. Sheesh, some people just have an itchy finger.

So now I've been shot, just not killed.

Ran into 2 other guys in the same playing session. Found a blaze and some ammo for it and spray-painted it black. It was an extra gun, so I gave it to a newer guy moving inland, who swore I was going to blow him into pieces. Also ran into another guy that seemed to have everything but a gun, so I gave him an extra shotgun I picked up in the town before with 30 shells. 

I think I've done my good deeds for the day.

I haven't personally been killed on experimental. 

Yeah I haven't met a single person on experimental in four or five days that hasn't shot at me. 

• Like 1

I may have to disagree coz Ive been playing on the US experimental and almost everyone I see were trying to communicate through direct chat or open mic. I have encountered a psycho wearing a payday mask inside the office building at Terminus (north of Lopatino) who lighted me up with his M4 without even a word though.

Most people on exp decide to try and get the new gear and try new stuff. Minimizing the risk of being killed :P

With that said some guy killed me and my friends i said in chat how did we die??(Massive desync we think, he was in the building on our screen however not on his)

He said "help" that's it. refused to talk.

Edited by exomonkeyman

Two silent guys followed me and my pal. One tried to handcuff me  while my back was turned. I put him down and it was sad because he seemed like a okay guy. Then another guy just charged my friend and I with a shovel. My friends sawed off shotgun took care of him. I approached  another guy at Polana and he was afk so I handcuffed him and left him in his cloths but my friend took his bag. Many players are not speaking and oddly enough the few who did were friendly.

Holy shit just met the first person in five days who hasn't tried to kill me immediately. You know every time someone KOS's me I say to myself I'm gonna kill the next person I see. Can never bring myself to do it. Is what it is. 

I've been playing experimental and most everyone has been really friendly and talkative. I think you just have to make the first approach carefully. But I did meet some guys that wanted to handcuff me tho.

My Video:

approach is everything in exp. servers. Or really regulars, too.

I'm getting really fucking sick of hearing the nervous break of "wow, you're like that one guy who's actually nice to someone in Dayz".. it's really annoying. Anyone else getting this kind of response?

yeah, happend to me to

Edited by DMentMan

Hi, please don't generalize an entire people because a group in the game gave you a hard time.

thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, please don't generalize an entire people because a group in the game gave you a hard time.

thanks.

In this kind of game, even when in a teamspeak with people who don't natively speak english, I was still backstabbed.

How can you trust those who can plot against you just by speaking their native language? They used me, man.

Plus, it was simply a joke, I have no issue with Turks, other then the two fellows who used me as packmule on Experimental.