Mallette

Crossbow on 0.44 experimantal

AWWW MAAAN! I found two bolts and they dont stack btw? so thats weird... but i died before i could find a crossbow :(

I like Daryl but im no fan girl. Also ppl forget he and his brother died in the comic book super early in the series. He was NEVER meant to be a hero character but everyone liked the character so damn much they altered it on the fly. Which is fine. Just saying though he didn't live in the original Walking Dead lol

Merle and Daryl are new characters to the TV series. They weren't in the comics.

Merle and Daryl are new characters to the TV series. They weren't in the comics.

They were there in the comic but i think they didnt have the same name. They got killed or something like that trying to take over the camp i think.

If not than oh well but i did remember hearing something about it being related to the comic.

Edited by Deathlove

Found this in a tent in the NWAF.  Now I just need to find a crossbow to go with it to test it out.

13904219012_8127de0ddc.jpg

So can you only get these at military? If so thats really bad. I dont even know if its going to be worth trying to get arrows if they are going to be ubber rare to use.

i found one to, they are cool, now i can become Daryl 

Well since this is a modern crossbow and not a homemade one i expect it to pack a punch close to mid range but anything for a distance would require a long bow to be effective.

dep7m8k.gif

This crossbow has a draw weight of 175 lbs and can launch a 350-grain arrow at 305 fps, a 475-grain arrow at 270 fps... it uses modern bolts with fixed or mechanical broadheads with multiple blades and very large cutting diameters... in addition it can use various sights and optics which a longbow cannot... longer range than a longbow with more punch, I should think so.

To be honest, I think there is only one kind of bleeding at the moment, One of the main factors from a bow/crossbow is HEAVY bleeding.. So.. With only one kind of bleeding it's kind of uses, Cool, But.. Possibly useless.. Maybe it just hits like a gun though..

Yes, but a bullet would also cause just as much or more bleeding, they can turn organs to mush, shatter bones and blow huge holes through animals. However the bullets in-game, at least most, are supposed to be FMJ which are not nearly as destructive as expanding ammunition (and are banned for hunting big game in many areas), so the damage might be more similar than if it was crossbow vs softpoint .30-06 or something.

Edited by Gews

So can you only get these at military? If so thats really bad. I dont even know if its going to be worth trying to get arrows if they are going to be ubber rare to use.

Based on Barnabas' post I don't think it's only military, that's just where I happened to be when I found one.  I assume we'll start seeing more of them as the dev's try and balance the crossbow out.

AWWW MAAAN! I found two bolts and they dont stack btw? so thats weird... but i died before i could find a crossbow :(

I tried to stack them unsuccessfully as well.  I'd like to think that we could at least stack 2 or 3 of them.  Hopefully we're just doing it wrong or it hasn't been implemented yet.  If not, inventory Tetris is going to become even more fun  :)

Based on Barnabas' post I don't think it's only military, that's just where I happened to be when I found one.  I assume we'll start seeing more of them as the dev's try and balance the crossbow out.

These things should spawn at deer stands a lot. It was a bit sad when they removed military guns out of deer stands in the mod, they should add a variety of hunting weapons, maybe some "deer stands only" stuff to get players moving through the less traveled parts of the map once again. On the other hand it doesn't really make sense for a gun to be just left in a deer stand but, meh...

is it like the 1911 and the mkII you can find the weapon but no ammo. in the case of the pistols no mags.

Now tents are spawning stuff, I found 9 of em on one server, but couldn't find any 9mm ones...

I found one too, it was on the sink counter of the green 2 story house with the double brown doors up in Olsha, it was standing straight up, kind of looked like an antenna.  Gave it to a dude with a crossbow who promptly ran away.

I half expected that dude shoting you with the bolt you gave him :-D.

edit: I expect devs to add some quiver for the bolts & arrows. Not sure if it would replace chest holster slot, but hopefully not.

Edited by Hombre

I'll find one so I can shoot my mate in the knee and that'll be about it...

I'll find one so I can shoot my mate in the knee and that'll be about it...

Well if its balanced like the rest of dayz, the arrow will make your friend explode and then level a square km around the point of impact.

To get the bolts to stack, right click on them and hit "eject"

It then gives them a quantity and they can be stacked.

All of the M4 sights appear to attach but they are zeroed wrong and completely useless at the moment. There is a quiver that attaches to the bottom.

I found several in agricultural buildings last night and yes, they work. There are quivers with room for 5 arrows, the quivers are "loaded" into the crossbow, just like a mag into a pistol. I found the quiver in a pub and another one in a different location, I can't remember.

Shots on zombies are one-shot kills, no need to aim for the head. One nuisance currently is, that the retrieval of a shot arrow only works, if it sticks on an object in the world. Retrieving one from a zombie was not possible.

Edited by GuzMaan

Each bolt found is equivalent to 5 bolts reason being you can't stack them.

If you get a crossbow and a bolt you can see how many bolts you have left on the actual crossbow.

Here is a good video.

Edited by Zecele
  • Like 2

I half expected that dude shoting you with the bolt you gave him :-D.

edit: I expect devs to add some quiver for the bolts & arrows. Not sure if it would replace chest holster slot, but hopefully not.

Yeah, I did too, but he had a Mosin with, I suspect, no ammo, I had an SKS and a fire axe slung, a .44 in a shoulder holster and another dude standing there with me holding an ace.  I think he had survivability doubts, if you get my meaning. 

I wonder if bolts will go in the ammo can.  Anyone tried that?

Edited by Barnabus

I found a Bolt Quiver!! with 5 bolts in it and a crossbow right after. Its so awesome haha only thing is i cant get the arrow if i shoot a zombie with it :/