Opdoger

Is there any nice people

I bought game a month ago and I got some hours on it and I have not seen one nice person on dayz I always come and say friendly and I could kill the people but they just don't say anything they just shoot. I would give all my stuff if they dont shoot me. And It takes along time to meet your friends because its a huge map And when you die It feels like you die in real life. Anyone else dies a lot. Please don't post any rude comments thank you. >:( 

• Like 3

'Friendly' is DayZ code for "trust me" Try talking to people rather than say "friendly" you'll get a much better response. I never trust people who say friendly - from experience of being shot by those who are "Friendly"  :thumbsup:

Edited by hitt0r

Yep there are nice people it is just the luck of the draw mate. Now this story took place on an experimental server where I have found the more social/nice people. Any way yesterday going to damn fast near an edge of the firehouse roof I fell off & I broke my darn leg. Instead of deciding to opt out and make a fresh spawn I said "NO NO NO I am going to find a stick to make a splint or find some morphine." So I went around the town I was in for an hr or so just crawling around keeping on the look out for people trying to sneak up on me. Until finally I caught someone trying to sneak up on me from behind so I took a position were he could only come at me from the front and waited for him to introduce him self. As he begins to approach me I am saying over the mic while pointing my sawed off at him, "hey hey lets keep it cool man ok! Don't do anything stupid and neither will I". The sneaky snake was fumbling for his mic trying to say "friendly friendly! Not gonna do anything to you my gun is not even out do you need any help?" While keeping my gun trained on him because I have had enough run ins and seen enough youtube videos to not be too trusting I say "hey man do you have anything to fix my broken leg? I fell of the damn fire house roof and been crawling around for a hour." He responds "oh you got a broken leg I got just the thing" and he starts making me a splint. I never took my gun off him and he never asked me not to he was totally relaxed in the situation which was a curious thing. He put the splint on the ground I put my gun away and started putting the splint on. Now some people at this point are saying big mistake he is now going to attack you and I thought the same thing so I was ready if he did but he did nothing just watched my back. I fell in love with this gentlemen he saved my ass and wanted nothing in return except some info on if I saw anything he was looking for so we chatted for a bit then went on our separate ways.

• Like 8

I keep helping bambies out and getting sniped for it.. So now there is no more trust because people are just KOS and if they don't its a trap to snipe you.

All there is for those People in this game right now is PVP.. They don't want to test and try new things they are just bored and want to kill people.
Until there is bases and vehicles to pimp out, I will not trust anyone. I imagine everyone one else does the same.. except the people that just want to kill people.. The rest will just hide from you or try to avoid you.  If you see someone your most likely getting shot.

I'm an utter newb and have done pretty well so far. Encountered a guy at Balota who was sort of pinned by a zombie. Killed the zombie, waved at the guy, and went on my way. It did help that he just had a melee weapon and kept it on his back.

Current character, got shot up by some jackass in Elektro. Since I didn't know where he was, I just ran...  I had nothing of value but the starting equipment. Traveled 10's of kilometers barely able to see anything until I lucked upon one of those little hospital/clinics with some supplies. Fairly well kitted out, now.

Kinda torn between heading over to help fresh spawns and being super wary of bandits. And the fresh spawns who could turn at a any moment.

That's one of the most appealing aspects of this game for me...another player can be a good encounter or a nightmare, and you risk all of your goodies...

If you're armed and they're armed, don't just walk up to them and say friendly.

Scout them out for a bit, see what they do, and then, from a distance - hidden - ask if they are friendly.

Tell them if they do not respond than you will act violently.

If they tell you they're friendly, do what ever you please. Trade, team up... whatever. Keep in mind that they may also be lying - but if you had followed them for a bit, you should hopefully see for yourself.

If they do not respond, I usually don't hesitate to kill them. When I'm hidden, I'm at the advantage. Disobey my orders and penalties occur. Make sure that they are in hearing distance though.

I wish I met one guy that would not kill me!

You will eventually. I've met a few, though I may not have been killed simply because I had the upper hand, or they had no ammo etc. Don't rush in blindly, as ChristmasLunch said, try to only make contact when you're hidden.

Don't expect any friendlies where guns spawn though. Also, don't push your luck if you do happen upon a 'friendly' and afk, or get too comfortable. Best make contact short and sweet, don't want to have it soured with a knife in the back.

Edited by Amias Free

I keep helping bambies out and getting sniped for it.. So now there is no more trust because people are just KOS and if they don't its a trap to snipe you.

All there is for those People in this game right now is PVP.. They don't want to test and try new things they are just bored and want to kill people.

Until there is bases and vehicles to pimp out, I will not trust anyone. I imagine everyone one else does the same.. except the people that just want to kill people.. The rest will just hide from you or try to avoid you.  If you see someone your most likely getting shot.

That's the beauty of dayz though, that time when you meet someone and they DONT try and kill you, its an almost spiritual experience standing there talking to a complete stranger who plays nice! The buzz I get from that means I can never KOS. I don't remember the countless guys who killed me, but I always remember they guys who didnt! Keep the faith my friend, and don't go to the dark side of dayz. Killing players is such an empty experience, except in self defence of course.

• Like 2

I've met some nice people. Seldom shall I come across them, but they're there.

That's the beauty of dayz though, that time when you meet someone and they DONT try and kill you, its an almost spiritual experience standing there talking to a complete stranger who plays nice! The buzz I get from that means I can never KOS. I don't remember the countless guys who killed me, but I always remember they guys who didnt! Keep the faith my friend, and don't go to the dark side of dayz. Killing players is such an empty experience, except in self defence of course.

I don't kill people.. I just avoid everyone.

• Like 1

I have met a couple nice people, but safety in numbers, find a clique you play with..i usually spend a couple hours gearing then wait til they get on..we then do everything from patrol, help bambies, or just stalk people...Only time ive met cool people is when they are out geared...Thats the beauty of this game, there are no rules, and never will be!!  Each server plays unlike another depending on the "regular players vs server hoppers".  I did my first bandit play last night after about 100 hours total of game play..my self and a buddy where just bambies and two hero types came up to give me food and water, my buddy got behind them and axed one, while the other ran to kill him, i picked up the hero's sks and killed the other, my buddy and i got geared and went and killed in Bar.  Trust no one until they prove otherwise, and even then..keep an eye!!

The only friendly I've ever ran into was 1 guy, and he was strangely enough like 12...

The rest just say friendly but as soon as you step into their sights, you get turned into swiss cheese.

@Guppy ^^ ;)

I don't kill people.. I just avoid everyone.

same as that brother. I lone wolf it, but I hate calling myself a lone wolf as the term makes me sound better than I am at the game. More like a loner! Survival is winning to me. The longer I can survive, the more I feel that I am winning.

• Like 3

I started playing 3 days ago and out of the 5 players I have encountered, only one of them was not hostile.

My first encounter was on my second character (ran off a 15 foot drop on the first one).

I had ran into the woods not knowing what I was doing or where I was going and I literally ran for 20-30 minutes without coming across ANYTHING. Finally I see some big buildings in the distance and I realize they are plane hangers. I have heard, before I started playing, that you can get good shit at the airfield/fields? idk if there are multiple ones but anyways I sprint to them zealously. After looking around the hangers and the other buildings, I had a mosin and a scope and some other cool shit. I was still very much lost so I msged my friend on steam asking him how do I get back to civilization and he said to go south-east. So I ran south-east-ish for what seemed like a half hour before I reach this little town called Nycta or something I believe. It had dams and a huge dried up riverbed near by. By this time I am very bored and frustrated by the lack of stimulation so I decide to keep following the riverbed hoping to find the coast because coast = people I have heard and I was desperate for human contact/stimulation. I finally see the ocean and I am screaming and cussing out loud to myself in joy. I start running down the road and no more than 2 minutes later, I hear "crack". Someone shot at me and they were close but I had no idea where they were and was in the open with absolutely no cover anywhere near me. I start to sprint and serpentine away to the closest cover dodging 3 more shots and then boom, dead in one shot. I laughed out loud to myself and cursed the divines for their cruel, ironic sense of humor.

My second and third encounter was in a police station in some big town. I had come across a police station earlier that day and learned that good guns spawn in there so I had been looking for other ones because the air field is too damn far away imo and I still don't know my way around at all. After looting it, I logged off on the second floor in the room right next to the stair case to go grocery shopping and logged back in like 2 hours later. As soon as I spawn in, I hear 2 grown men singing in faux-women voices over the mic. It was making me laugh so I decided to join in. They said some stuff to me in their girl voices that I couldn't understand and laughed a bit and I did the same. After about 30 seconds of that, I start eating a can of tuna and then I look around the room I am in. All of a sudden, the two guys on the mic go silent. I thought it was very curious of them to do that because they were laughing and singing into the mic relentlessly just seconds ago and then complete silence. I walk out of the room and almost instantly I hear screaming and I am getting punched. I turn towards the staircase and there is one of the guys punching me. I spammed a few shots from my sks into his body (point blank range so I didnt bother aiming) and he collapsed. I started looting his body and then like 10 seconds later I am getting punched again. I look up the stair case and there was who I assume to be the other guy. Repeat of the sks spam into his nuts and he dies too. At this point, I am bewildered and scared because I assumed other people were around and heard the shots so I sprint out of there. This leads me to my fourth encounter.

I am running through houses and cover because I am sure someone is watching me. My palms are sweating and I am looking around like a paranoid schizophrenic. I turn a corner of a concrete wall and almost instantly hear two quick cracks. Then, out of some bushes no more than 30 feet away from me, a guy stands up and sprints to the left of me out of fear and desperation. He ran for about 10 feet before a whole clip of sks was shot at him (I was startled and already scared and I have no idea how much shots it takes to kill someone). This leads me to my latest encounter.

So I am sprinting away from my latest crime scene like a mad man. Still terrified and paranoid, I start running for the woods because screw towns and cities; it was too tense for me at that moment to be in urban areas. I am running through houses and behind walls and stuff, serpentine every second I am out side. I run into this house and am making my way for the back door and all of a sudden a guy with a clown mask or something sprints in from the back. He, without stopping at all, does a 180 and sprints right back out the door he ran in from. I scream into the mic "DON'T ****ING SHOOT AT ME AND WE ARE COOL JUST LEAVE ME ALONE". I sprinted out the door I came in from, went a different direction, ran by some buildings and kept sprinting for the woods. Didn't stop until I made it a little past the tree line. I hid under a big pine tree, waited and looked around violently in terror for 2 minutes, then logged off.

The 2nd through 5th encounter happened earlier today and all in the course of 20 minutes or so. It has kinda traumatized me honestly. I am scared to leave the woods and I creep around everywhere now, always looking around and moving very slowly. This game is very stressful and yet boring at the same time, but I have high hopes for it.

Edited by Mariooooo
  • Like 2

There is no challenge to shooting an unarmed/minimally armed player. I won't do it. What might they have? A can of beans they cannot open and a flashlight? Huge threat, there.
:rolleyes: 

But, keep it up, coastal targets (oops, I meant bandits) and see how it all works out!

I've never found any gentle player yet. 

I tried talking and everything I got was shots and deaths :/ 

Tried the "hidding then talking" tactics but got the same... People just freak out and start shooting everywhere. 

And even tried to save newbies from another geared player and when the newbie loots all the stuff from the body, the first thing he does is run towards you, pointing his weapon and shooting...

As far as I know, everyone with a weapon in his hands is a danger.

I know how you feel dude, it is rough to be friendly in this game. You will come across some nice people eventually, just don't expect people at NW-Airfield or Chernogorsk to be friendly. :P It is good to see that someone still hangs on to his morals even at the end of the world. Keep it up dude, hope you find a friendly soon! :)

same as that brother. I lone wolf it, but I hate calling myself a lone wolf as the term makes me sound better than I am at the game. More like a loner! Survival is winning to me. The longer I can survive, the more I feel that I am winning.

I agree man, I measure my success via survival time. Also like to have a "base" somewhere in the woods. For example the lonely house in the middle of Black Forest is one of my favorite places to be at, as it has beautiful woods and sparkling streams. Oh I can already hear the wind blowing and the birds singing as I log in the game again. LOL :D

• Like 2

You gota meet people in certain places some times in-order for them to be "friendly" most people you meet at heavy traffic areas will be on their toes not wanting to die. if anyone needs a partner is adventures, feel free to msg me on here i play every night.

I usually come across two friendly people per ten people I meet, lol..

On very rare occasions I will meet fully kitted out people who want nothing more than a person to talk with while they go around, which is nice.

But always be on your toes and never drop your guard, just because someone is friendly now, doesn't mean they will be when they come across ammo/guns or believe they have the upper hand at the time.

But to get back on track, yes there are genuinely friendly honest people on this game, kitted or not, who are more than willing to have someone tag along, because playing alone gets lonely quick.

Best of luck in finding those friendly people!

I know how you feel man. I'm new to this game as well. Don't let the bandits get you down. No matter how many times I get killed by them they will never break me to joining the dark side. That's the easy way out in this game. I'm not a hero but rather a survivor. I help those in need if I can but now I'm just going to have to learn to weigh my odds better ie: is it worth me losing my life to save yours. I am one of those poeple who are fully kitted out but mean absolutely no harm unless provoked or feel threatened. Not everyone who carries a gun is a cold-blooded murderer.

The other day I had spawned in the NEAF as that's where me and my buddies last logged off at 3am and I forgot since last time I played where I logged off at. Well I log in, spawn and then quickly realize where I'm at lol so I start booking it outta there! Soon to realize I really should try and get some more ammo for my M4 while I'm in the area. Against my gut telling me to move on, I head back and that's where I made the mistake. I begin looting and run into a friendly guy who is having trouble speaking english with me. I offer him some food, drink or anything he might need. As soon as I do that I see the barracks door open and we get murdered. Our killer didn't say a word (they never do). They just shoot you, grab your gear that isn't damaged and move on. Like a souless zombie that isn't quite a zombie yet. The only bad part about dying this time was that I had two walkies for my buddies and I had the maps. I can only hope it all got damaged when I got shot.

I learned a valuable lesson or two that day.

1. Never drop your guard.

2. Try not to help people at a hostile kill zone like the military bases or airfields. 

3. Direct chat can get you killed.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

There are nice people. Its just all about your luck... The majority of people ive run into are friendly.... And as far as them shooting you after you announce "friendly" maybe you should take better percautions not to get shot... That being said, id say to disarm them and then ask for friendship....its much easier when you dont have a gun pointed at your face.  Also, ive talked my way out of a few tight spots already so remember your mic is a VERY big asset to you..But my overall assumption...if they dont have a mic, they're probably going to fuck you over one way or another... Thats my personal experience.