preacherlr

As-50_Thermal and MP5K [ Standalone ]

So, After going experimental, I had a nosey poke around in the PBO's as I always have.. Found the AKM and P1, To be expected, However I found an AS-50 Thermal file.. Please. God. No..

I also found the MP5K.. Most probably the mentioned SMG from Tumblr.

From Tumblr
" The first SMG in DayZ game will soon be ready and I hope you all will like it "

Thermal scope is overpowered and should never be in game.

• Like 15

probably arma 2 left over files.

Not unless they added more arma 2 files in this patch, They weren't there with the old one.

I'm not saying it's going to be added, I'm just wondering why it was even ported over with this patch..

Pretty confident that's a mistake or a joke. Devs were clear on the "no as50" thing. 

MP5K? yay sounds good! I got the impression that it wasn't going to be an mp5 for some reason, but you can't go wrong with adding an mp5 so fuck yeah. 

• Like 4

I bet that file was more for admin testing. In case they put in some ultimate weapons (which is likely) I really doubt it's going to be the AS-50 from the mod. More like some russian high caliber rifle or so..

Pretty confident that's a mistake or a joke. Devs were clear on the "no as50" thing. 

MP5K? yay sounds good! I got the impression that it wasn't going to be an mp5 for some reason, but you can't go wrong with adding an mp5 so fuck yeah. 

Kind of an Iconic gun, Can't exactly leave it out. ;)

I hope they add the AS-50 into the loot table soon, need something bigger to quickscope with

Want to make a quickscope montage?

have you tried viewing the as50 file?  ;)

I reverted from EXP >.>, Would you mind enlightening me?

AS-50 Thermal

If that's true then purchasing the game just has been temporarily postponed until the final release...

Never had any issue with weapons like the M107 and AS50 other than the fact that they weren't suitably rare or prohibitive to operate.

The TWS itself may have been a tad much, granted, but I think people lump anti-materiel rifles in with this flaw rather than anything to do with the rifles themselves.

Matt pretty much said (around E3 or Gamescom I think, 2013) that they're not interested in putting rifles like the AS50 in. However, I see no reason why they shouldn't (if made suitably rare, difficult to arm, difficult to maintain, prohibitive in terms of encumbrance, and awful in CQC).

Cool beans about the MP5K. Would've rather had a full-on MP5, but whatever. Hopefully it's got the folding stock.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

Am I the only one that gets the feeling that AK47 would be a better "apocalyptic" gun?

• Like 1

I dont think the AK47 is in the Check Republic

And the M4A1 is?

Do they even use cyrillic in czech? From my understanding it's suppose to simulate a Russian country based on Czech republic environment