c00lface

Looking back, Do you think that EA release was a good idea?

How do you delete a double post, anyway?

Edited by Hefeweizen

Don't forget ghost recon and how that once great franchise was destroy in order to appeal to casuals.

So long as Dayz strives for complete and utter realism it will be in good hands.

But as soon as they start doing things to appease the more casual player is when the game will go to shite.

You know, what game has gotten better by appeasing the casual crowd?  I personally can't think of any.  

Don't even bother anymore.  Best part is this, "i dont even have the urge to buy standalone, not until they put something that wasnt on the mod on the game."  For someone who hasn't even bought the game they sure have a lot to say about it.

And here I thought I was the only one that picked up on this and thought... How does one feel so wronged by a game they've never played or even dropped money on, never-mind the complete and utter bashing of us "Fanboys" and the game itself.

And he calls you mad.  :huh:

Wait wait wait, you don't even own the damn Alpha?

Jesus, and I wasted time conversing with you. Sorry bro, being all judgmental about a game you haven't even played is just stupid unless it is universally derided, which DayZ isn't. Streaming is spectation, not participation. It is especially a bad way to experience DayZ as much of the fun of DayZ depends on the creativity of the player, something Streamers on a whole are often times sorely lacking in. "Winning" at DayZ is boring as hell, and usually involves hours of prone camping, sneaking around and KoSing everyone you come in contact with.

who said i didnt play the game? you're the judgemental here, friend.

A close friend bought the game right after they lanched it, got dissapointed and borrowed me his steam account for some time. And what i saw was basically a mod port with more glitchs and bugs. I had it till some days ago and not much changed in these months apart from the cheating getting more annoying and relevant.

I just refuse to give money to people that clearly arent doing their best, even while being paid like the best.

I have more than 1100 hours on the mod, i know what i'm talking about.

Edited by lipemr

who said i didnt play the game? you're the judgemental here, friend.

A close friend bought the game right after they lanched it, got dissapointed and borrowed me his steam account for some time. And what i saw was basically a mod port with more glitchs and bugs. I had it till some days ago and not much changed in these months apart from the cheating getting more annoying and relevant.

I just refuse to give money to people that clearly arent doing their best, even while being paid like the best.

I have more than 1100 hours on the mod, i know what i'm talking about.

1100 hours in the mod does not mean your know what your are talking about. The standalone is based off the idea the mod came from not the mod itself. This allows them to try brand new things that have not been done before, and if it hasn't been done before then there is no data to see how successful it could be. Development will be much slower while they develop test results and data to modify new ideas. The fact that they get to do this because of early access is great and should mean less patching directly after day one of full release.

Fact is like other great games before it DayZ has set a bar in the industry and has been an inspiration for other games, that on its own deserves recognition.

• Like 1

1100 hours in the mod does not mean your know what your are talking about. The standalone is based off the idea the mod came from not the mod itself. This allows them to try brand new things that have not been done before, and if it hasn't been done before then there is no data to see how successful it could be. Development will be much slower while they develop test results and data to modify new ideas. The fact that they get to do this because of early access is great and should mean less patching directly after day one of full release.

Fact is like other great games before it DayZ has set a bar in the industry and has been an inspiration for other games, that on its own deserves recognition.

what? do you even played the mod?

They're implementing on the game now what they already had in the mod, like vehicles, more zombies (heck, even the mod zombies are better than the SA ones), more weapons, respawning loot, etc.

and they're struggling to even put these things on the game, just see the ballistics, terrible zombie pathing, static loot and things like that.

Standalone it's a exact copy of the mod, the only new additions were the attachments system (ported from arma 3), little better graphics and the nutrition/health system (that was going to be on the mod on 1.8.1, but because something misterious, never got released  :rolleyes:). Dont blind yourself to the truth.

But let's say you're right. What are these "brilliant new ideas and concepts" that devs are trying to put on the game that are completely out of the mod concept? mention 3 of them, at least.

They are following the same path they did with the mod, cause that's what brought all the popularity to it and made standalone possible in the first place. BI sold millions of arma 2 OA copies just because of the mod. And for sure all of the initial sales, that brought dayz to the top of the steam lists, was the mod popularity, players that were on the hype that dean created over the year with his devblogs in this very forum.

Again, did you play the mod at all?

Edited by lipemr

what? do you even played the mod?

They're implementing on the game now what they already had in the mod, like vehicles, more zombies (heck, even the mod zombies are better than the SA ones), more weapons, respawning loot, etc.

and they're struggling to even put these things on the game, just see the ballistics, terrible zombie pathing, static loot and things like that.

Standalone it's a exact copy of the mod, the only new additions were the attachments system (ported from arma 3), little better graphics and the nutrition/health system (that was going to be on the mod on 1.8.1, but because something misterious, never got released :rolleyes:). Dont blind yourself to the truth.

But let's say you're right. What are these "brilliant new ideas and concepts" that devs are trying to put on the game that are completely out of the mod concept? mention 3 of them, at least.

They are following the same path they did with the mod, cause that's what brought all the popularity to it and made standalone possible in the first place. BI sold millions of arma 2 OA copies just because of the mod. And for sure all of the initial sales, that brought dayz to the top of the steam lists, was the mod popularity, players that were on the hype that dean created over the year with his devblogs in this very forum.

Again, did you play the mod at all?

Since week one of its release.

Only 3?

-Simplified controls with the inclusion of hotbar assigning items allowing for hands to be emptied or non-weapon items being held in the hands.

-Item durability

-Server architecture

-Melee system being independent of firearm systems

-Accelerated night/day

-Clothing containers, containers in containers and mags

-Rebuilt mouse controls

And that is just currently what is in now

Lol did you ever play the standalone?

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 3

Only 3?

-Simplified controls with the inclusion of hotbar assigning items allowing for hands to be emptied or non-weapon items being held in the hands.

-Item durability

-Server architecture

-Accelerated night/day

-Rebuilt mouse controls

I asked for these new "brand new ideas" that you're saying devs are implementing on the game, not features that are just improvements of the already existant features of the mod. Learn to read and understand what you read, please.

even wasteland had hotbars on arma 2, FFS. -1 feature on you list

Item durability isnt even 50% done yet, they added it earlier in development as a attempt to reduce deathmatch, didnt work. - Ok, 1 and counting.

'server architecture' what? They made the server-client bond more laggy than ever, as you can see by all these people dying for invisible desynced people and complaining here on the forums. -1 feature and counting

melee being independent of firearms system - Well, if they made a freaking standalone game with the exact same limitations as the arma 2 engine of 5 years ago, that would be just bad.

In the end the new melee system only made melee fighting more clunky and weird than it was before, at least in the mod you hit where you're aiming for and you didnt need to spam mouse clicks in hope to hit something. - Just an improvement of the already existant feature of the mod. -1 feature for your list.

Inventory and clothing - Well, the new inventory system is just as clunky as the arma 2 one was. I personally think that the arma 2 one was actually more practical when you got used to it. There was clothing on arma 2 as well, more clunky than standalone, yes, but what would you expect from a mil simulator. - Just an improvement of the already existant feature - -1 feature for you

"rebuild mouse controls" - You mean screw it up, right? they just threw a ton of negative mouse acceleration, even more that arma 2 has. - Doesnt even count as feature at all.

And again, all these things are just improvements of the already existant features of the mod. I dont see where you're coming from when you say that they're "trying brand new ideas" on the game.

And yes, i already said i played standalone, not much, as i couldnt stand more than 4 hours of gameplay each patch, just to see if they would fix something.

I'm sure you never played the mod and think all these features and concepts came from scratch, right?

That's 2 unfinished features the you said there, for an entire period of almost 2 years of development on closed pre-alpha/alpha. If you'e satisfied just by that, good luck for you friend, you'll lose a ton of money on your life.

once again i ask and i beg for you to answer me, did you ever play the mod?

Edited by lipemr

I asked for these new "brand new ideas" that you're saying devs are implementing on the game, not features that are just improvements of the already existant features of the mod. Learn to read and understand what you read, please.

even wasteland had hotbars on arma 2, FFS. -1 feature on you list

Item durability isnt even 50% done yet, they added it earlier in development as a attempt to reduce deathmatch, didnt work. - Ok, 1 and counting.

'server architecture' what? They made the server-client bond more laggy than ever, as you can see by all these people dying for invisible desynced people and complaining here on the forums. -1 feature and counting

melee being independent of firearms system - Well, if they made a freaking standalone game with the exact same limitations as the arma 2 engine of 5 years ago, that would be just bad.

In the end the new melee system only made melee fighting more clunky and weird than it was before, at least in the mod you hit where you're aiming for and you didnt need to spam mouse clicks in hope to hit something. - Just an improvement of the already existant feature of the mod. -1 feature for your list.

Inventory and clothing - Well, the new inventory system is just as clunky as the arma 2 one was. I personally think that the arma 2 one was actually more practical when you got used to it. There was clothing on arma 2 as well, more clunky than standalone, yes, but what would you expect from a mil simulator. - Just an improvement of the already existant feature - -1 feature for you

"rebuild mouse controls" - You mean screw it up, right? they just threw a ton of negative mouse acceleration, even more that arma 2 has. - Doesnt even count as feature at all.

And again, all these things are just improvements of the already existant features of the mod. I dont see where you're coming from when you say that they're "trying brand new ideas" on the game.

And yes, i already said i played standalone, not much, as i couldnt stand more than 4 hours of gameplay each patch, just to see if they would fix something.

I'm sure you never played the mod and think all these features and concepts came from scratch, right?

That's 2 unfinished features the you said there, for an entire period of almost 2 years of development on closed pre-alpha/alpha. If you'e satisfied just by that, good luck for you friend, you'll lose a ton of money on your life.

once again i ask and i beg for you to answer me, did you ever play the mod?

Does it have all the features of the mod? No, they have a long way to go at rebuilding things, not using what is already in Arma 2

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less a feature, and your question was things out of tge concept of the the mod, maybe you should reread your post. I actually do like it and the direction it is going is better then the mod in my opinion.

You complaining about every little detail saying the mod is better just makes me wonder why you even come on here? I don't go on the forums of games I don't like, I post here because I do like this game and what my input on development and link with the real community here.

If the mod is such a perfect game for you then don't buy the standalone, no one is holding a gun to your head, play the mod then...

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 3

Does it have all the features of the mod? No, they have a long way to go at rebuilding things, not using what is already in Arma 2

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less a feature, and your question was things out of tge concept of the the mod, maybe you should reread your post. I actually do like it and the direction it is going is better then the mod in my opinion.

You complaining about every little detail saying the mod is better just makes me wonder why you even come on here? I don't go on the forums of games I don't like, I post here because I do like this game and what my input on development and link with the real community here.

If the mod is such a perfect game for you then don't buy the standalone, no one is holding a gun to your head, play the mod then...

jesus,you're really blind or what? the standalone is going in the EXACT SAME direction the mod went to, you really dont see that? You really think they're changing anything on the concept of the game from the mod? what's the planned features? base building? vehicles? like origins, epoch, and all those other mods implemented on the main concept?

i'm not to blame for your ignorance, friend, but remember, just cause a lot of people believe in it, it doesnt make it real.

I'll just unfollow this topic, as there some people here that clearly wont even reconsider their point of view. In my time it was called fanatism, dunno now. I just wont lose my time here, trying to make sense when people clearly are just religious-like fanatics about this game, what the hell.

@off BTW, it's just pathetic how this caboose guy keeps giving a like for ANYONE that's against me on an argument, i almost feel sad for him.

Edited by lipemr

Only 3?

pressing 4-5 times in your hotbar to equip something is not an improvement 

-Item durability

indeed game changing 

-Server architecture

Exactly no lag or desync anymore...

1999 games have a better melee system. Cannot describe how clunky/disappointing it is

-Accelerated night/day

sure

this is a very good improvement, one of the few things they did perfectly 

-Rebuilt mouse controls

O.o

• Like 1

Sort of.

Well, we all get to try the game and provide input, that is a good thing.

On the other hand, we're being charged for an unfinished product, but fortunately we are warned about this before we purchase.

Still, $30 was pushing it for such an early build of the game, nearly half the price of a typical triple-A title. The game stuck out like a sore thumb during the Christmas sale, with fully released titles being cheaper then it, despite its Alpha-status...

You can also factor in the fact that without the community involved in the development, the game might not go in the correct direction, as feedback from millions of players can allow the developers to know what is wanted and what is not, though they must take into account their visio while doing this (or we'd have some shitty humanity system).

Of course the fact this game is in Alpha, is unfinished, and is being purchased by millions leads to a paranoid community with constant bickering over the direction of the title. You see tons of people who consider the game doomed and just sit here talking about how the game will never be finished...

Oh look the uneducated are coming out to play.

With the money they made, they've bought 2 new development companies I think? So not only have they expanded their company and brought in extra staff, they've upped the entire dayz team. The 2 teams are working on Zed AI and Hunting mechanics but that's not sensational enough for the likes of you.

BIS don't make cash grabs you idiot. There one of the only companies that have a thriving modding community but I'll happily eat my words if you can show a larger and better community than BIS and the modders have made.

Mod Community of BIS is great indeed , but Valve has larger and better ones. TWI is also good.  Both of them actually  are better than BIS.  So go ahead and eat your words , because these are the facts.

People should take a look at Star Citizen and the $40 million they already have an NO access at all other than walking around ur hanger - wooppeee. That only cost most of them around $500 for 3 ships. I haven't checked dev on that for a few months so idk if they are now able to do anything else but when they were at the $35 million mark they had nothing.

There are 200+ People are working for Star Citizen and it has been designed from scratch. It's not ported from an existed mod and game.  Expenses and features of that game is huge , it's pointless comparing Star Citizen with a MOD that tries to become a Standalone Game.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

jesus,you're really blind or what? the standalone is going in the EXACT SAME direction the mod went to, you really dont see that? You really think they're changing anything on the concept of the game from the mod? what's the planned features? base building? vehicles? like origins, epoch, and all those other mods implemented on the main concept?

i'm not to blame for your ignorance, friend, but remember, just cause a lot of people believe in it, it doesnt make it real.

I'll just unfollow this topic, as there some people here that clearly wont even reconsider their point of view. In my time it was called fanatism, dunno now. I just wont lose my time here, trying to make sense when people clearly are just religious-like fanatics about this game, what the hell.

@off BTW, it's just pathetic how this caboose guy keeps giving a like for ANYONE that's against me on an argument, i almost feel sad for him.

I dunno I think it's fairly real, I've been playing it...

If enjoying the game makes my ignorant then so be it lol. You are free to have your own opinion, so am I, and everyone else here, trying to shove that opinion down everyone else's throat is what they have a problem with.

The developer is also free to create the game they want, I have made my suggestions but in the end if they like it they will use it, if not they won't. I play the game as long as I enjoy it, if I don't I move on, and if I really want to see my ideas come to light I will for a mod team or design my own game.

Oh and for the record I'm not blind, I actually have 20/10 vision... it let's me see outside the box. ;)

Edited by akafugitive

Only 3?

-Simplified controls with the inclusion of hotbar assigning items allowing for hands to be emptied or non-weapon items being held in the hands.pressing 4-5 times in your hotbar to equip something is not an improvement 

-Item durabilityindeed game changing 

-Server architectureExactly no lag or desync anymore...

-Melee system being independent of firearm systems1999 games have a better melee system. Cannot describe how clunky/disappointing it is

-Accelerated night/daysure

-Clothing containers, containers in containers and magsthis is a very good improvement, one of the few things they did perfectly 

-Rebuilt mouse controlsO.o

Regardless if the features are working as they should at the moment, these are the features of the game that were not possible in the mod

• Like 1

The "cheaper in alpha" thing always puzzled me... if a game is 10$ in alpha and 30$ on release that's 10$ they have now but 20$ they won't have in the long run, which may end up costing them the ability to complete the project.

I don't think pricing is something to debate, either you think it's too expensive and don't buy it, or you think it's a good value and you buy it. Obviously everyone here felt it was a good value since you bought DayZ SA anyway.

As for the game going in the "right direction", that's not up for debate, chipping in 30 bucks doesn't buy you a seat at the design table.

As for star citizen, there is still time for it to be any of these:

A. It might turn out to be the biggest scam of the kickstarter era.

B. It might completely fail, i mean it wouldn't be unheard of a designer getting more money than he hoped to get to still run out of money before completion.

How do you review a game that's not released?

You review starts biased from the start just by that.

It isn't biased. Whether a game is in alpha or not doesn't matter, you review what is available because that's what people will experience.

Of course if you do that, it would be a good thing to "update" said review when there are significant changes.

And a game is "released" the second anyone can put their hands on it, doesn't matter if it's finished or not, you can't just count on empty promises.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Only 3?

pressing 4-5 times in your hotbar to equip something is not an improvement 

-Item durability

indeed game changing 

-Server architecture

Exactly no lag or desync anymore...

1999 games have a better melee system. Cannot describe how clunky/disappointing it is

-Accelerated night/day

sure

this is a very good improvement, one of the few things they did perfectly 

-Rebuilt mouse controls

O.o

i dont know if it's the fanboy propaganda or what, but some people just ignore the reality that 80% of the features they impplemented arent an improvement at all. But let them be, let's hope they realize in time.

Regardless if the features are working as they should at the moment, these are the features of the game that were not possible in the mod

well, you clearly didnt play the mod at all and is talking based on what the devs say, right?

and just for record, dayz mod had WAY, WAY less desync and lag than standalone, and it had 4x more zombies and loot than the game has now.

And assuming by your positioning, if they impplement 300 features that dont work, you'll count them the same way you're counting these you mentioned on the topic?

well, now i'm definitively out.

Edited by lipemr

It isn't biased. Whether a game is in alpha or not doesn't matter, you review what is available because that's what people will experience.

Of course if you do that, it would be a good thing to "update" said review when there are significant changes.

And a game is "released" the second anyone can put their hands on it, doesn't matter if it's finished or not, you can't just count on empty promises.

again, how do you review a game that's not released?

well, you clearly didnt play the mod at all and is talking based on what the devs say, right?

and just for record, dayz mod had WAY, WAY less desync and lag than standalone, and it had 4x more zombies and loot than the game has now.

And assuming by your positioning, if they impplement 300 features that dont work, you'll count them the same way you're counting these you mentioned on the topic?

well, now i'm definitively out.

Yes if they release a game with 300 more features that don't work it would be a game with 300 more features then the previous, it would just be a terrible game.

Quote me where I said the features are better? You asked what features are in that were not able to be done in the mod, I listed them, I have not once said they were better.

I enjoyed the mod even with its bugs(like the never solved breaking your legs from sneezing too hard or zombie wall walk). I also enjoy the standalone with its lack of features, since I understand it is an incomplete game. If the standalone did not develop beyond what it is I would loose interest in it and move on, but I am interested in seeing where it goes.

The mod was abandoned because it is a game built in 2009, my copy is a CD Copy not a steam copy. The standalone is a full game being built now, comparing the 2 is like comparing apples and oranges; yes the standalone was initially going to be a port of the mod with some lipstick put on it then put out, the dev team have realized that by doing that will not bring up the standards of the game to today's market and essentially are rebuilding core mechanics of the game.

Most of the issues seen are there because of the legacy components still in the game, I don't doubt they will solve them when they get to the phase of development because I also play Arma 3 and have since it released on early access.

You want to strip me of my credibility, and in all honestly if it makes you feel mighty then go hard. What is yours? I've helped out a few mods in development in my spare time as a "military advisor" and dabbled a bit in world design. I've seen first hand how development projects work, have you?

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1

Yes if they release a game with 300 more features that don't work it would be a game with 300 more features then the previous, it would just be a terrible game.

Quote me where I said the features are better? You asked what features are in that were not able to be done in the mod, I listed them, I have not once said they were better.

I enjoyed the mod even with its bugs(like the never solved breaking your legs from sneezing too hard or zombie wall walk). I also enjoy the standalone with its lack of features, since I understand it is an incomplete game. If the standalone did not develop beyond what it is I would loose interest in it and move on, but I am interested in seeing where it goes.

The mod was abandoned because it is a game built in 2009, my copy is a CD Copy not a steam copy. The standalone is a full game being built now, comparing the 2 is like comparing apples and oranges; yes the standalone was initially going to be a port of the mod with some lipstick put on it then put out, the dev team have realized that by doing that will not bring up the standards of the game to today's market and essentially are rebuilding core mechanics of the game.

Most of the issues seen are there because of the legacy components still in the game, I don't doubt they will solve them when they get to the phase of development because I also play Arma 3 and have since it released on early access.

You want to strip me of my credibility, and in all honestly if it makes you feel mighty then go hard. What is yours? I've helped out a few mods in development in my spare time as a "military advisor" and dabbled a bit in world design. I've seen first hand how development projects work, have you?

heh, the random leg breaking bug doesnt exist since 1.7.4.4, seems that you really didnt play it.

heh, the random leg breaking bug doesnt exist since 1.7.4.4, seems that you really didnt play it.

I haven't played since Arma 3 came out, correct. I played wasteland,dead nation and breaking point till the standalone came out.

I played the mod a ton before then including others such as wasteland, and the dayz mods. When Arma 3 came out I did what I have stated enough times, I moved on to something else I enjoyed. When the standalone came out I stopped playing the Arma 3 dayz mods also, but I still play Arma 3 for its main content and wasteland.

You still like to resort to the same defense of attempting to strip my credibility based on that you have played the Arma 2 mod more then I have, and call me a fanboy. From my point of view I have spent more time on other options out there and am more content with trying new things. Seems to me like you may need to adjust to changes, because that is what the standalone is, or play the mod. It's not the mod, it's design path was never intended to be the mod, and the mod is still avaliable(and supported by the mod community).

Again if you are such a fan of the mod why are you here? This is the standalone community.

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1

I was wrong about walking dead, but in the game industry, almost every developer is getting away from the zombie concept. The division, Evolve, rust, nether, the forest are there to prove it.

but anyway, i dont need to provide anything to someone that clearly is a fanatic and wont change his mind at all.

Arguing with people like you and caboose is like arguing with religious people, it wont take us anywhere and i'll only lose my time, and possibly get some warnings in the process.

From now on, i'll just ignore you two, ok? deal?

Now back on topic.

No arguing with people like me is hard for you since people like me won't let you get away with BS and demand evidence, not hearsay and assertions when making an argument which is all you done. You've been countered with strong arguments and now are resorting to BS name calling. You're the religious person here, not us. When you have a robust argument come back by all means.

and now you're inspecting all my posts searching for something to chew on, arent you?

You're REALLY mad, friend.

And you speak like watching half a stream wouldnt show everything that's on the game and more, lol.

Have you bought the game or not?

• Like 1

Don't forget ghost recon and how that once great franchise was destroy in order to appeal to casuals.

So long as Dayz strives for complete and utter realism it will be in good hands.

But as soon as they start doing things to appease the more casual player is when the game will go to shite.

Yep GR and the RS series both butchered by Ubisoft pricks. I played GR and the Rogue Spear and then Raven Shield for almost 2 years solid. What did they come out with? Lock Down? lol....

• Like 1