ThatBritshGuy

Change the M4A1 sound when shooting.

DayZ strives to be a realistic zombie apocalypses survival game, don't get me wrong, Its the best I have ever seen. There is one thing that is bugging me and that is when I hear the M4A1 shoot, Its sounds so unrealistic and silly both when shooting it your self and hearing someone else shoot it in a distance in my opinion. The M4 sounds like it has no power behind when in real life this gun is a high powered assault rifle with a fair kick. I know that in the game it is very powerful and will take down people no problem but the sound does not reflect this, I also know its only the sound of one gun I am going on about but it is meant to be a realistic game so adding in a better sound for this gun would be so much better because the sound of this gun in the game, sounds nothing like a M4 in real life.

Just a Suggestion.

• Like 6

Im pretty sure the current sound is just a placeholder until they add new ones

More or less all sounds are placeholders right now.

I don't know if it's just a place holder due to the reason that Rocket in one of his streams previous to the release he heard a shot and he said

"Ohh you heard that ? Sounds beautiful isn't it ?"

So I think that means that he likes the sound of the m4 and he won't change it.

in real life this gun is a high powered assault rifle with a fair kick

not entirely true, it has barely any more kick than a .22 rifle, ive personally fired thousands of rounds through one in my time in the army, i barely felt it, a fair kick would be closer to 7.62 rifles, such as the AK series, it is a fairly quiet rifle as well, comparatively, more of a pop crack sorta sound.

that being said, i still prefer the M16/M4 series over the AKs any day

• Like 1

Lol what other sound? (besides reloading I suppose)

"Ohh you heard that ? Sounds beautiful isn't it ?"

38VdWUs.gif

Sounds more like a stapler than a gun right now.

• Like 5

Im pretty sure the current sound is just a placeholder until they add new ones

You guys really believe what you are saying...?

i thought a placeholder would be using an old sound, such as the m4 sound from the mod. that i would of been happy with, the current sound just seems quiet and weak, especially compared to the mod/arma 2 sound

The Whole game is a place holder right now

You guys really believe what you are saying...?

Yup. Why shouldn't we? It's the truth.

Once modding is supported I'm sure we will get some great JSRS sounds anyways

Edited by akafugitive

So does the Sporter-22

Yes, but the difference between a stapler gun and the sporter is that the stapler is stronger.

• Like 1

Yes, but the difference between a stapler gun and the sporter is that the stapler is stronger.

DayZ's Sporter 22 could not, by definition, be considered a firearm.

Unless Chernarussian laws call Nerf guns firearms.

DayZ's Sporter 22 could not, by definition, be considered a firearm.

Unless Chernarussian laws call Nerf guns firearms.

Fired ten rounds into someone's legg, they went unconscious for 10s and had a broken legg... ;-;

I think audio will be the last detail to be added and hopefully we get the atmospheric music back as well(I miss that). I agree the M4 sounds as if its balls are in a vice but its not the final product. also I would like to see the muzzle blast added have you ever shot an ar-15 or M4 at night woo its a thing to see huge fire ball and imagine the mosin. I think also if another toon is standing to close to your muzzle blast his hearing should deafen and ears should ring. its funny seeing a guy less than a few inches from a friends mosin/m4 barrel and they are barking away. shit you stand to close to the end of that muzzle your gonna get a blast in the face and those ears ringn like a champ. then they can add hearing protection etc.

But for me it is very important to here what gun is singing cause then I can make my run away tactic fast. 

There will be more guns and like in RL you should be able to recognize them from sounds they make.

not entirely true, it has barely any more kick than a .22 rifle, ive personally fired thousands of rounds through one in my time in the army, i barely felt it, a fair kick would be closer to 7.62 rifles, such as the AK series, it is a fairly quiet rifle as well, comparatively, more of a pop crack sorta sound.

that being said, i still prefer the M16/M4 series over the AKs any day

Yup same here, its a very comfortable weapon system to fire that I enjoy very much and again quite quiet in comparison to 7.62s which has significantly more recoil.

So you get my beans 

Edited by Legio23
  • Like 1

the sound of this weapon seems kinda buggy. the normal sound is like "tik tik" you know... but sometimes if my mate fires with the weapon its like "woah who the f just shot with the rpg". its an extremly slashing sound

Edited by newguyzombie