vinyljunkie

DAYZ EUROPA - The world's finest vanilla DayZ Mod server

Thanks for the idiot-proved guide Vinyl, exactly what I needed ^^ see you oinline!

Glad to see you on the server again! Lots of action since the move to steam!

Thanks for the idiot-proved guide Vinyl, exactly what I needed ^^ see you oinline!

@ AgentNeo: I am not sure who said this, but the idea behind 1.8.1 was really to put the "survival" back into "survival horror game". No more Pvp encounters on an open field, while hordes of zombies hit you left and right without anything happening and that sort of stuff. It takes a while to get used to, you just need to adapt to survive! HF

yeah I like that and appreciate a more PVE focused game. I actually only play on low pop servers and try to avoid conflict. Anyway I find it a bit akward how the zombies can hit whilst running, giving the player no way to escape or defend themselfs if unarmed. the zombies can run faster than me, and hit while running without doing the hit animation, i just seem to loose health when they near me.

So i think zombies should either be the same speed as me (not faster like now) or not be able to hit while running. but it is much better than before thats for sure so im not moaning just saying how i feel they are currently.

Anyway I find it a bit akward how the zombies can hit whilst running, giving the player no way to escape or defend themselfs if unarmed. the zombies can run faster than me, and hit while running without doing the hit animation, i just seem to loose health when they near me.

Is there a particular reason you're going on about this, even though you know it has been fixed with 1.8.2?

Is there a particular reason you're going on about this, even though you know it has been fixed with 1.8.2?

was talking to Loocifer about it in this thread as he gave me some tips.

and when you told me it was 'fixed' you never answered my questions about the details, so I don't know.

Do zombies still attack while running.

Do zombies do the hit animation if they attack while running.

Do they still run faster than me.

None of that was answered, the only difference in the notes is 'zombie hit range reduced from 3.6 to 3.2) assuming that means metres, then I won't know if the other issues are fixed. Just saying 'its fixed' didnt let me know the things i was wondering about. Cheers anyway

Edited by AgentNe0

So would you describe this server as a survival server ? i.e can find tents and make camp and have to loot for everything, nothing is easy to come by etc ?

• Like 1

Yo guys

Happy i stumbled apon this server, looks promising but I have a error which I have nowhere else.

error: could not resolve host: register; no data record of requested type

help!

So would you describe this server as a survival server ? i.e can find tents and make camp and have to loot for everything, nothing is easy to come by etc ?

most definetely! even after getting your military loot, survival ist still your prime concern. Your hatchet breaks sometimes when chopping wood, your water bottles break when boiling them and you need to fix them or find new ones. Sometimes you find animals to hunt, but sometimes meat is hard to come by. I havent even seen a tent yet to build a camp for myself and as far as I can tell vehicles are just as rare as sniper rifles.

• Like 1

I've been playing here lately.

It's a pretty good server - DayZ mod the way it was supposed to be played.

The only thing I don't like is the fast switch between the hatchet and primary, other than that 10/10.

• Like 1

Yo guys

Happy i stumbled apon this server, looks promising but I have a error which I have nowhere else.

error: could not resolve host: register; no data record of requested type

help!

I believe it can be fixed by going to your steam library, right-clicking on Arma II OP Arrowhead, Properties, Local Files and then selecting "verify integrity of game cache" . After steam finished verifying you will probably get a message that some files have failed to verify, but dont worry about that. I think after doing that you just need to start Arma 2 OP Arrowhead once and then you should be good to go. Plz reply, wether this has worked!

addendum: after starting ARma 2 OPA you might want to click on expansions, click on Dayz Mod and enable and then restart the game once again.

Edited by LO0C1F3R
  • Like 1

Does not work, did everything you said.

Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/592538145475494852/9837FC69F7CCDFC90ED29B966796BECF31B62000/

Here it is. When I click the server, it says "wait for host", then it pops on the screen where people are, then it says "session lost" and this pops up.

Help!

EDIT: Did it one more time and it worked! Thanks so much!

Edited by magaZine2
  • Like 1

Hi Ashplatoon!

I would say so, the server runs DayZ Mod 1.8.1 unmodified and the developers don't want easy mode. This is DayZ as it should be. A survival game.

Hope to see you online.

Vinyl Junkie - Admin DayZ Europa

• Like 1

I updated my signature.

P.S Love the server, really hard, how DayZ should be, only vanilla server which is good, friendly people.

It took me 3 hours to get to the NW airfield (zombies knock out, looting, getting lost, looking for chopper crashes) and I went into the hangar and I found a working Biplane! Fully fueled and fixed. I hid it in the trees around the NW airfield, if you can find it, you can have it. 

Image of it: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/592538511022243400/3895F63C00A56DFE543DCCF150AA89C538916591/

• Like 2

I updated my signature.

P.S Love the server, really hard, how DayZ should be, only vanilla server which is good, friendly people.

It took me 3 hours to get to the NW airfield (zombies knock out, looting, getting lost, looking for chopper crashes) and I went into the hangar and I found a working Biplane! Fully fueled and fixed. I hid it in the trees around the NW airfield, if you can find it, you can have it. 

Image of it: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/592538511022243400/3895F63C00A56DFE543DCCF150AA89C538916591/

just laughed my ass off, but good thinking! I hide all my vehicles under water, so nobody can get them !

I'm absolutely loving this server - great performance and even better players.

Thanks VJ!

• Like 1

Props for taking the initiative to run a clean DayZ server with no mod junk. I'll make sure to remember this server once I decide to reinstall the mod again.

• Like 1

Never played DayZ before but its always really intrigued me... got an hour left on my steam download so gonna get it all running and playable (been reading its a bit finnicky) chose to play the mod first and get some exp with the game before jumping into standalone, gives it a bit more time to get stable to...

Anyway, after doing a bit of reading and stumbling upon a few threads saying " the only servers u can play now are modded up full ammo ones" i got a bit disheartened, thank god i found this thread...

When the download is ready im gonna give this server a whirl.. i wanted my DayZ experience to be about survival and the very basic form of it... and hopefully this servers the one :)

see u in game

• Like 2

Never played DayZ before but its always really intrigued me... got an hour left on my steam download so gonna get it all running and playable (been reading its a bit finnicky) chose to play the mod first and get some exp with the game before jumping into standalone, gives it a bit more time to get stable to...

Anyway, after doing a bit of reading and stumbling upon a few threads saying " the only servers u can play now are modded up full ammo ones" i got a bit disheartened, thank god i found this thread...

When the download is ready im gonna give this server a whirl.. i wanted my DayZ experience to be about survival and the very basic form of it... and hopefully this servers the one :)

see u in game

I think you'll love this server!

Happy surviving :)

• Like 1

Hey! We've moved on to the Steam network since Gamespy is shutting down. The arma beta is updated (most bugs gone, yay) and thats why it isnt visible in DayZ Commander anymore.

I've written a guide on how to update your arma to be able to see DayZ Europa again in the DayZ Europa Steam Group.

I'll post it here aswell;

DayZ Europa has been updated to the latest Arma Beta Patch and the only way to get that patch is via Steam. 

How to join DayZ Europa

(DayZ Europa has been updated to the latest Arma Beta Patch and the only way to get that patch is via Steam)

Start Steam and open your Game Library. 

Right click Arma2OA and choose "Properties". Click the "Betas" tab and scroll down to and choose "NONE - Opt out of all Betas".

Now we need to do the same thing with Arma2 DayZ Mod, If you dont have the Arma2 DayZ Mod you can download it from SteamStore.

Once you have it, right click it and choose properties, choose "Betas" tab and select "NONE - Opt out of all Betas". 

Start Arma2DayZ Mod.

Press Mulitplayer. Now you are at the Server Browser page. 

Make sure the left bottom says "Adress Internet" and not "Lan", press "Filter" and type Europa in Host. Click OK. You should see the server and be able to join!

When asking if you want to play with beta patch or not, choose "Play Arma DayZ Mod" don't choose "Play with beta patch".

See you online!
Edited by vinyljunkie

Cool  ;) do you know the spawn rates? Like does the DMR and coyote backpack spawn at military areas? Super rare?

Edited by magaZine2

Cool  ;) do you know the spawn rates? Like does the DMR and coyote backpack spawn at military areas? Super rare?

DMR' s can be found in barracks and at heli crashes. Coyote Back Packs are only spawning at military spawn points. Check the dayzdb.com/map for the spawn points!

Edited by vinyljunkie

Are cows bugged since you changed the settings? We found three and they all disappeared as soon as we killed them. :(

LJGibbs said that the same thing happened to him also.