TBreezy

Elektro spawn gone?

I'm not a fan of complaining and I've never even considered creating a forums account until this but...Why would you remove the Elektro spawn without any other western spawns? Return the Balota spawn at least. Let people play the game how they want to play it. That's the whole joy of an open world game. There isn't much in the game for fully geared people to do in this game at its current stage but go against other fully geared people. Also why would zombies spawn around you when you kill another zombie? why not just put more zombies in the game instead of the almost infinite cycle of insanely fast zombies (that don't even get slowed by terrain) spawning on top of you. I completely understand the game is in alpha but some things just need to be brought into consideration. 

-Tbreezy

• Like 1

the spawns are being removed to slow the pace of the game down because there is literally nothing to do after you get a decent weapon.

• Like 1

I wish there was only 3 spawns and they were on a little island in the middle of the ocean in which you have to spend 3 minutes swimming to the shore.

• Like 1

I wish the forums would sense people creating an account just to whine and not allow these people to post their senseless whinging.

• Like 10

I wish the forums would sense people creating an account just to whine and not allow these people to post their senseless whinging.

I've suggested that for first posts they should be spammed with the warning messages about this game being in alpha

the spawns are being removed to slow the pace of the game down because there is literally nothing to do after you get a decent weapon.

Maybe this, but more likely because of the people committing suicide to get another chance at spawning in Cherno and Elektro.  They want the quickest possible path to a weapon, more PVP, revenge.. who knows. Personally I like spawning far from those death traps because it gives me an opportunity to survive.  Cherno/Elektro isn't much different from Omaha Beach in some servers.

YET ANOTHER indication that the developers are gearing the game away from PVP FPS War-simulator.

Let people play the game how they want to play it.

No.

But come on, Solnichny and Berezino are the shittiest spawns ever. There's nothing interesting about those places.

It's always running the same goddamn roads, the same goddamn ways.

THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO EXPLORE.

The game in it's current state is only PVP, there little to nothing of survival, and need of teamwork.

It's all about getting the best gear as fast as you can and go kill and be killed just to start over.

You stop enjoying the game's beauty after 100 hours of gameplay, I'm about to reach 200 hours.

If you cater to PVP ultimately you end up with douchebags that kill Bambies.  Cities are rightfully the most dangerous place to be during an apocalypse; more people, more infected, more possibilities. New spawning mechanic means no more New-Spawns/Bambies in Cherno/Elektro.  New spawns will now benefit from time and space to gather gear before entering a large town, making it less of a turkey-shoot for KoSers hiding in buildings.

I wish we could hand out tissues and "hang in there cat" buttons along with our beans...

• Like 1

If you cater to PVP ultimately you end up with douchebags that kill Bambies.  Cities are rightfully the most dangerous place to be during an apocalypse; more people, more infected, more possibilities. New spawning mechanic means no more New-Spawns/Bambies in Cherno/Elektro.  New spawns will now benefit from time and space to gather gear before entering a large town, making it less of a turkey-shoot for KoSers hiding in buildings.

The problem is that the amount and quality of gear out of towns/military bases/airfields is pathetic and worthless to even look at, compared of what's in towns and military places.

I hope that's just an Alpha thing.

And you can't really say the cities are the most dangerous places to go in a zombies apocalypse, they are, but not in DayZ, since you can choose the amount of people of the server you're in, and then go in a full server and kill people.

That can't be fixed.

And in this game, you don't gear up to face a danger or survive, because there's none!

You gear up so you can kill as many people as you can before dying to some glitch. That's where DayZ is going.

People enjoy ruining other people's hard work for gear in a game, because there has to be something satisfying after running and running lots of hours to easily get guns and ammo, hell even I've enjoyed it.

I don't see why this is such an issue. I have had the game for a month now and have never spawned in Elektro....I actually don't believe I've ever been there. Just play the game man.

The problem is that the amount and quality of gear out of towns/military bases/airfields is pathetic and worthless to even look at, compared of what's in towns and military places.

I hope that's just an Alpha thing.

I found a pristine M4 in a Log Cabin this morning. 

See: Sneaky server update

You gear up so you can kill as many people as you can before dying to some glitch. That's where DayZ is going.

Wrong again homeslice.

See: Dean Hall at Rezzed; Roadmap of DayZ

People enjoy ruining other people's hard work for gear in a game, because there has to be something satisfying after running and running lots of hours to easily get guns and ammo, hell even I've enjoyed it.

This is a stupid and immature perspective that will only garner you support from other weak-minded players. Killing for the challenge? Not Ok, but I get it.  Killing literally just to upset another player, even if they [generally] didn't buy the game to play that way, not Ok.

Go here if you want to go back and forth about KOS. Your people await you there.

/rant

They made balota have too much god damn loot and now they are constantly fucking the spawns to try to make up for it, instead of fixing the source.  Why not take out most of that military crap they put at balota and move it to the neaf.  The map used to have very excellent map flow, you spawned on the coast and made your way north whether it be nwaf, neaf, or stary.

No one likes berezino, it's all spread out and shitty for pvp.  People liked elektro and cherno, they felt good.  Now there's no reason to go to cherno either, as it has shitty loot compared to most other towns since it lacks a school and some other potential military spawns.

I don't think that their new spawns won't work, I think they're just really boring and until the population kicks off and loot actually respawns they outright suck.  Who wants to go to 3 valleys and solichney?

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 2

But come on, Solnichny and Berezino are the shittiest spawns ever. There's nothing interesting about those places.

It's always running the same goddamn roads, the same goddamn ways.

THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO EXPLORE.

The game in it's current state is only PVP, there little to nothing of survival, and need of teamwork.

It's all about getting the best gear as fast as you can and go kill and be killed just to start over.

You stop enjoying the game's beauty after 100 hours of gameplay, I'm about to reach 200 hours.

Bah im still having fun 500+

I found a pristine M4 in a Log Cabin this morning. 

See: Sneaky server update

Wrong again homeslice.

even if they [generally] didn't buy the game to play that way, not Ok.

Go here if you want to go back and forth about KOS. Your people await you there.

/rant

Mmm kay. mmh kay.

:D

KoS is the best in this game.

On 4/9/2014 at 2:11 PM, weedmasta said:

Sigh...

He has valid complaints and wants to express them. The forums are for exactly what he's doing; voicing his opinion.

Edited by BadContrakt
  • Like 6

Who wants to go to 3 valleys and solichney?

Me, so I can run the high loot road on the way to NWAF and get the fuck off the fresh spawn punch fest coast.

Dunno what the eventual plan is for spawning, but I certainly hope there are eventually MANY spawns spread throughout the map, mainly in the smaller towns/villages that are not in close proximity to large cities and military bases.

Edited by solodude23

I wish there was only 3 spawns and they were on a little island in the middle of the ocean in which you have to spend 3 minutes swimming to the shore.

yeah and the douche bags can sit up on the shore of chenarus and snip folks swimming. yeah that'll get implemented immediately

yeah and the douche bags can sit up on the shore of chenarus and snip folks swimming. yeah that'll get implemented immediately

Well at least the game would have some difficulty.

I decided long ago this is not a survival game. Its a TDM/PVP game it has nothing to do with the zed apocalypse except for a few who annoy cats.hell most folks have no reason to kill another except out of boredom or buck fever. I have taken a break from it for a few weeks and have found a lot better actual zombie survival games and the PVP actually has meaning not the(theres nothing to do but kill). I had high hopes for this game and can tell the devs are trying to actually make it a survival game and are trying to cut down on the elektro arena. I wish them luck and as for dayz I might come back in a few months and see if any survival mechanics have been introduced but I'm sure it'll be more guns and more BS like that.....it always is.

• Like 1

You should spawn randomly near a random town. To offset the potential abuse of this, if you die within ten minutes of spawning, you should be given a five minute timer before you can spawn again.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

dayz is not a pvp game, its  game with option of pvp, pvp means eventual death, but the game is a survival game, enjoy surviving and unseen, playing realistic

also i assumed the coast spawn was because you just got washed up on the beach, and spawning on the east, means you have to survive the map to get to the high value areas, even tho you can get everything you need on east coast,

i bet so many players just spawn in and just sprint down to south coast but thats not the way i play at all, its a massive map, and its all playable,

Edited by qww
  • Like 1

hhahahahaha go fuck yourselves elektro noobs!

• Like 1