gibonez

Stand alone attachment system = COD

Both games have universal attachment systems meaning even weapons that could not mount certain optics, bipods or stocks are able to somehow magically mount them.

You must have a different version than the one I play because attachment are pretty unique so far! A PU scope does fit IRL on many rifles, so does the Bipod. Nothing weird here.

No their armorers do not make any ammo.

The military outsources the ammo to civilian ammo companies such as black hills and they then provide them with the ammo.

Even this ammo that is procured is considered by many in the precision firearms world to being inferior to match ammo and hand loads.

Take for example the m118r what the US military has designated as their 7.62x51 nato sniper rifle ammo.

This ammo is made by lake city ammo plant in salt lake city.

While this is excellent ammo and it is great to train with it pails in comparison to something like a federal gold match in a 168 sierra match king bullet.

Point I am making is Military sniper ammo is good sure but civilian stuff is always better. Always will be better too.

a rifle is only as good as the ammunition you put in it. you can have the best rifle in the world, but it wont perform for shit if you put crappy bullets in it.

a rifle is only as good as the ammunition you put in it. you can have the best rifle in the world, but it wont perform for shit if you put crappy bullets in it.

True .

The crappy surplus ammo is the main reason why mosins are so inaccurate.

"companion pets"

"animal husbandry"

"farming and harvesting"

"medical system"

"weapon degradation and repair"

"item degradation and repair"

"driving and piloting"

and now

"gunsmithing"

the mmo crafting experience tiers are almost here...

Wait so you don't like that some guns can have attachments they aren't supposed to?

I'm confused.

Couldn't you just modify it and put an attachment rail on?

61CxV5vVUDL.jpg

sks_1.jpg

First picture is a modified Mosin. Second is a few SKS rifles in various states of modification.

if you want realism why not ask for modifications and gunsmithing? Makes more sense then "this has this and this cant have that" argument.

It all comes down to how likely something is .

How likely is it to find a picatinny rail adapter for a mosin nagant in poor eastern europe ?

Bear in mind this things are quite rare world wide.

"companion pets"

"animal husbandry"

"farming and harvesting"

"medical system"

"driving and piloting"

and now

"gunsmithing"

And the problem is?

You'd prefer less content?

L

"companion pets"

"animal husbandry"

"farming and harvesting"

"medical system"

"driving and piloting"

and now

"gunsmithing"

and what exactly is wrong with that? you know, in a survival situation like we have in dayz, you would have to make and modify things to survive.

Heh to even remotely bring COD into DayZ discussion....must surely be just a bait.

Heh to even remotely bring COD into DayZ discussion....must surely be just a bait.

Read the op its very relevant.

I am merely comparing the attachment system on both games and how they both take an unrealistic approach to it . How for example in both games adding an attachment such as a buttstock magically changes a weapons mechanical accuracy.

I like the system of finding attachemntts, i must admit i have found some in strange places like a bipod in a hospital {someone could of dropped it as it was badly damaged} but yeah if they could impliment them being in the right places im ok with the system

Read the op its very relevant.

I am merely comparing the attachment system on both games and how they both take an unrealistic approach to it . How for example in both games adding an attachment such as a buttstock magically changes a weapons mechanical accuracy.

it is to simulate the user being more accurate with the rifle, not the rifle itself being more accurate. that is the whole point of attachments. but without some kind of character stats/skills, making the rifle itself more accurate is the only way to do it.

• Like 1

it is to simulate the user being more accurate with the rifle, not the rifle itself being more accurate. that is the whole point of attachments. but without some kind of character stats/skills, making the rifle itself more accurate is the only way to do it.

or

they could just have the attachments affect the way a gun handles and then do the exact same thing without going the arcade route.

Bipod - attaches to objects or the ground and reduces sway dramatically.

Magpul stock and handguard = lighter more maneuverable weapon that is overall easier to use.

Magically making the weapon more accurate with plastic parts is not the way to go.

What would be the point of getting attachments, if they give absolutely no benefit? A compensator (for the mosin) would definitely reduce the recoil of the gun, and the m4 mp buttstock would make the gun more comfortable to shoulder (i.e. increase accuracy slightly). It makes sense in a gameplay perspective and somewhat irl. All games borrow ideas from others, but comparing Dayz to COD is comparing apples to oranges.

seriously? CQB stocks should make easier to clear tiny spaces without hanging your barrel on walls, handguards should make possible to put more attachments on your gun, etc.

Putting magic properties on attachments is just plain stupid, and they fucked up by putting this system even in the alpha.

only WoW fags can believe that 'magic properties' can add something to a survival game.

Edited by orlok
we dont use that word here

The devs quickly fiddled this system together, as did the CoD devs lol. the difference is that in this game, it'll be changed for the better.

I want the opposite.

I want a ultra realistic take on attachments where they function just like real life attachments would by only affecting the handling of a weapon and not things like its mechanical accuracy.

As far as accessory compatibility I only want the accesories to function on the weapon systems that they would in real life with little to no gunsmithing and without the need for obscure parts such as specific custom made rails for mosins.

One such example would be the LRS.

The LRS should be compatible with the b95, m4 and the sporter 22 aka ruger 10/22.

All 3 of these weapons easily mount the scope due them being drilled and tapped.

The mosin however would not be able to easily take a LRS and would require some gunsmithing to drill and tap the receiver then in addition it would require a very rare not very common accesory a short eye relief rail for a mosin . An accessory that is not only not very common in the world would be daam near impossible to find in chenarus.

I like the realism approach to accessories, let real life balance the game since real life has a means of balancing itself.

Even attaching it to an M4 would require high-mount rings

The problem with this is that magpul vs. stock parts don't make much difference other than a little weight and it renders the gun a bit less cumbersome. It doesn't affect how the user handles the weapon and especially not the handling of the weapon itself. 

I really hate to say it but it finally hit me the unrealistic attachment system in Standalone is a straight rip off COD.

Don't over step the mark.

You know what would be fun?  If you had to go around finding the individual screws or a special Allen wrench to attach scopes to.  And the screws have a chance of just falling off while you're installing them and rolling under the floor boards.  Or is that shit too real for you!?

I'm sure things are bound to change, I mean bipods can be folded out, that has to have a plan for more then just visual appeal.

Suppressors don't function at all, I would expect that they will eventually reduce sound signature and muzzle flash/gas expulsion. I'm also hoping they add a little velocity.

RDS/Holosights can have batteries added to them and be turned off and on but this does not actually change anything, the sights are always on.

Maybe when dexterity is added the MP parts will increase dexterity instead of reducing deviation.

seriously? CQB stocks should make easier to clear tiny spaces without hanging your barrel on walls, handguards should make possible to put more attachments on your gun, etc.

Putting magic properties on attachments is just plain stupid, and they fucked up by putting this system even in the alpha.

only WoW fags can believe that 'magic properties' can add something to a survival game.

Your argument is invalid, because the CQB stock already does this by increasing 'dexerity' of the gun, making it faster to shoulder and move. Also, the RIS handguard allows you to add more attachments to your weapon (like the weapon flashlight). These 'magic' properties you speak of are the only way the devs can translate real life differences into a video game. For example: if you use a RIS handguard without a foregrip, it will be extremely uncomfortable to use since the rail system will be digging into your hand. IRL this would make your shot less accurate and this is reflected in game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending their adoption of random dispersion (because that is a terrible idea) but they are making it as real as possible for a video game without making it tedious.

why doesnt my silencer work it works on a regular pistol in call of duty i think call of duty is a more fun game tbh

Then go play CoD instead. Seriously, this game is a WIP meaning some things work, some don't.

^This. Your character does not have any stats or skills to increase/decrease based on the attachments you use. The only way to make the attachments have an effect on your accuracy is to alter the weapon's stats, since your character has none to modify. If attachments didn't modify the weapon's stats, they would do nothing in the game at all. So why would anyone use attachments at all then?

Your argument is invalid, because the CQB stock already does this by increasing 'dexerity' of the gun, making it faster to shoulder and move. Also, the RIS handguard allows you to add more attachments to your weapon (like the weapon flashlight). These 'magic' properties you speak of are the only way the devs can translate real life differences into a video game. For example: if you use a RIS handguard without a foregrip, it will be extremely uncomfortable to use since the rail system will be digging into your hand. IRL this would make your shot less accurate and this is reflected in game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending their adoption of random dispersion (because that is a terrible idea) but they are making it as real as possible for a video game without making it tedious.

Then go play CoD instead. Seriously, this game is a WIP meaning some things work, some don't.

^This. Your character does not have any stats or skills to increase/decrease based on the attachments you use. The only way to make the attachments have an effect on your accuracy is to alter the weapon's stats, since your character has none to modify. If attachments didn't modify the weapon's stats, they would do nothing in the game at all. So why would anyone use attachments at all then?

then why dont they make the sway more noticeable with RIS handguards and CQB buttstocks instead of magic dispersion? Lazyness?

Edited by lipemr

then why dont they make the sway more noticeable with RIS handguards and CQB buttstocks instead of magic dispersion? Lazyness?

I'd say it's because that would take much more time to do. Now they spend time with adding physics, throwing, hunting and other announced stuff.

I'd say it's because that would take much more time to do. Now they spend time with adding physics, throwing, hunting and other announced stuff.

of course, let's add more shit into the game and leave the basic mechanics totally flawed.

best formula to make a shitty game.

of course, let's add more shit into the game and leave the basic mechanics totally flawed.

best formula to make a shitty game.

Pretty much I don't understand how fixing the guns and pvp is not priority #1 atm.