gibonez

Stand alone attachment system = COD

military snipers do not use out of the box ammo for their sniper rifles. they get special ammo made for them by armorers. designated marksmen use the normal ammo that the rest of the soldiers use. hell they even advertise this fact on tv and show the snipers ammo being made.

No their armorers do not make any ammo.

The military outsources the ammo to civilian ammo companies such as black hills and they then provide them with the ammo.

Even this ammo that is procured is considered by many in the precision firearms world to being inferior to match ammo and hand loads.

Take for example the m118r what the US military has designated as their 7.62x51 nato sniper rifle ammo.

This ammo is made by lake city ammo plant in salt lake city.

While this is excellent ammo and it is great to train with it pails in comparison to something like a federal gold match in a 168 sierra match king bullet.

Point I am making is Military sniper ammo is good sure but civilian stuff is always better. Always will be better too.

• Like 1

I really hate to say it but it finally hit me the unrealistic attachment system in Standalone is a straight rip off COD.

The similarities between these two games when it comes to the attachments is alarming and frankly makes me sad as a long time Bohemia fan.

Both games have universal attachment systems meaning even weapons that could not mount certain optics, bipods or stocks are able to somehow magically mount them.

This can be seen in COD with every optic working on nearly every assault rifle, sniper rifle, smg and pistol in the game, this can be seen in SA with the LRS mounted on the mosin this is despite the lack of a drilled and tapped receiver.

COD and Stand alone both also have accessories that magically make the weapons dispersion smaller or larger.

This is seen in stand alone with magpul parts somehow magically making the gun much more accurate this is despite the fact that in real life adding rails , magpul plastic parts or any other combination of them would do ziltch to increase the accuracy of an ar15.

Sadly Stand alone has borrowed from casual games such as Battlefield and COD when it comes to attachments, the lack of realism in the alpha is saddening especially considering the pedigree of military sims that the game came from. Also one of the biggest factors that made the mod so popular.

Do you understand the term "placeholder"?

I hate to be that guy, but the game is an alpha, and literally everything is subject to change. I highly doubt they'll keep the attachments the same.

I hate to be that guy, but the game is an alpha, and literally everything is subject to change. I highly doubt they'll keep the attachments the same.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

nah

i think they'll cop out and stick with the system they have now

which isn't good/is a COD ripoff for TEH SCRUBS who bought into the hype

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

nah

i think they'll cop out and stick with the system they have now

which isn't good/is a COD ripoff for TEH SCRUBS who bought into the hype

You really don't contribute to anything constructive.

You really don't contribute to anything constructive.

no shit eh?

• Like 5

I think the alpha comments fits too well for this.
There is not so much weapons and variety, atm variety is increased with attachments, Its easy to config later what and where.

Simple, nothing else.

Lets come back to this when the game is released.

ps. Its Standalone.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Its the opposite to COD, dayz. And its in alpha, you can´t blame the game for anything.

• Like 2

Theres no Urals in COD nor Dayz SA!!! OMG COPIED FROM COD!! OMG CRY! :D

Seriously though.

I dont really see why you are bothered. Attachments is something that always will be worked on.

New exciting attachments etc. But I do agree that some attachments should be unique for each weapon, making it a quest to get them for the gun of your choice. No cross over useage.

Its the opposite to COD, dayz. And its in alpha, you can´t blame the game for anything.

I did not say COD and Dayz are the same.

I only said that Dayz and cod share the same unrealistic attachment system.

A system where attachments affect the weapon in unrealistic ways such as mechanical accuracy of a weapon.

LRS should be able to be attached to the B95.

Mosin & SKS PU-scope

sniping-camping-problem solved.

• Like 1

Even WITHOUT the dispersion changes I never liked the "attachment" system as it stands. 15 months ago I saw the "attachment system" was a big feature of ARMA 3 but I wasn't too enthusiastic about what I saw...

this is apparently a big "feature". You can change optics in seconds and go from a red-dot to a 10x sniper scope. What? Troops aren't going to carry around different optics, and change them in the heat of battle. I could understand and totally accept it if you could only change them before you started the mission, but this...

• Like 2

A system where attachments affect the weapon in unrealistic ways such as mechanical accuracy of a weapon.

hmm, i guess you are right

Mosin & SKS PU-scope

I would be o.k. with that. Especially because the mosin in game is a sniper variant, so it should already be set up to accept a PU scope.

I would be o.k. with that. Especially because the mosin in game is a sniper variant, so it should already be set up to accept a PU scope.

I am not 100 percent sure but I believe the mosin in game is not a sniper variant it just happens to have a bent bolt.

Mosin & SKS PU-scope

I would also like to see the pu scope get redone from the ground up.

Currently it is useless just like the acog is.

A 2d scope option with the correct 3.5x magnification would be great.

I am not 100 percent sure but I believe the mosin in game is not a sniper variant it just happens to have a bent bolt.

I would also like to see the pu scope get redone from the ground up.

Currently it is useless just like the acog is.

A 2d scope option with the correct 3.5x magnification would be great.

Then I wonder who ran around chernarus replacing all of the bolts in all of the mosins.....but yeah I think youre right, I dont see any place for the scope to mount to on the rifle itself. Maybe it just wasnt considered important enough to bother showing it.

Sadly, the attachment system is more than likely going to stay the way it is. They won't get around to changing it, because well, I don't think they really care all that much about the simulation aspects anymore, but just catering to the lowest common denominator. Quite a shame really.

Sadly, the attachment system is more than likely going to stay the way it is. They won't get around to changing it, because well, I don't think they really care all that much about the simulation aspects anymore, but just catering to the lowest common denominator. Quite a shame really.

But NOOOOOO

Really, Irishroy's solution would work fine, atleast when it comes to the LRS. Just make it not fit on the V. Mosina. We already have the PU scope... (which is a bit unrealistic too, since you apparently need machining tools and such, but eh atleast it's possible)

Absolutely any problem with any modern game or anything remotely unrealistic = COD...

Yes, it is unrealistic, but 

1. It will probably be changed and

2. sometimes games have to make sacrifices in terms if realism for the sake of gameplay.

tl;dr COD has become the new godwins law.

So much this.

Even WITHOUT the dispersion changes I never liked the "attachment" system as it stands. 15 months ago I saw the "attachment system" was a big feature of ARMA 3 but I wasn't too enthusiastic about what I saw...

Do you know where I can go to find information about attachment systems? I honestly dont know much about them, I know my pistol IRL has an under-barrel mount for a light or laser, but as far as an AR goes I actually have no clue how cross compatible any of the modern attachments are, or how easy they are to attach.

Well, until they add in killstreak perks n dogs with mounted rocket launcher packs...

I know i know Alpha but seriously, i can't wait! Dayz will be so much better than COD lol...

Do you know where I can go to find information about attachment systems? I honestly dont know much about them, I know my pistol IRL has an under-barrel mount for a light or laser, but as far as an AR goes I actually have no clue how cross compatible any of the modern attachments are, or how easy they are to attach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picatinny_rail

• Like 2

So I suppose they should scrap the AC-130 kill streak system they have been working on.

I thought it was going to be a MOAB?

I don't get it.

LRS attaches to the Mosin. M4 has it's own different optics and flashlight. Sidearm has it's own optics and flashlights.

They're not all universal which from what I gather appears to be the original argument....

So what, the PU scope attaches to multiple weapons? With the right tools and little duct tape I could effectively attach a PU scope to a home made bow and arrow. What's the difference?

Am I missing something?