Sign in to follow this  
Piriurna (DayZ)

Metro Station

6ab.jpeg

You want an underground metro station to explore?

Or want to build houses and barricades down there?

Or watched Walking dead and fortify a train centre "on top" ...?

sorry, but I dont understand, "wat" you mean ;)

but an underground thingy (metro, bunker, tunnel-system, etc.) would be gr8!

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 4

You can do a metro station, to build a house, base, with train roads and bridges.

Can you expand on that? I can't even understand what you're trying suggest.

There is a railway across Chernarus with trainstations already..

When there is a DayZ New York, or London, it should have a metro, but in Chernarus it has no place..

• Like 2

metro in Chernarus? Like one line of 200 meters between Cherno West and Cherno East or what? Does not seem very likely.

• Like 1

You can do a metro station, to build a house, base, with train roads and bridges.

Stop coming here after watching those zombie series and suggest something that can only work there.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

i like it but doesnt really fit in theme. think about it poor country have metro in poor village.
but still i would love to see that ,but other people might dont

If Chenarus was more densely populated and heavily urbanized (IE the entire coast was pretty much one big city) I could see a metro happening, other than that I don't think it fits.  Rocket has said he wanted an underground setting (if they could make it work), but more than likely it will be tunnels under a city (either sewers or some sort of Cold War Era Soviet Bunker).

• Like 1

When there is a DayZ New York, or London, it should have a metro, but in Chernarus it has no place..

So be it! Let DayZ New York come out. Ahahahaha!!!! I would love to explore some underground rail-road. But the light system will need to be better then the actual DayZ [see "anything" in night without NVG sucks]

Would much prefer abandoned soviet tunnels/missile silo/etc. Fits the theme and still has that spooky as hell underground feel.

• Like 4

Would much prefer abandoned soviet tunnels/missile silo/etc. Fits the theme and still has that spooky as hell underground feel.

We just need metro series to be brought to dayz ))

god so much potential

• Like 2

So be it! Let DayZ New York come out. Ahahahaha!!!! I would love to explore some underground rail-road. But the light system will need to be better then the actual DayZ [see "anything" in night without NVG sucks]

There would be a hundred rant posts like...

"WTF bad fps"

"GAME SUX LAG IN THE CITY!!

"OPTIMIZE THE GAME DAMNIT!!!!!"

"*********"

"DAYZ DOWNTOWN ALPHER? NEVER AGAIN!!!"

"Looking for donations to buy a NASA computer..."

I was just going to write a suggestion about this same thing! While it does not need to be a metro station, it could be an escape route developed by the military some days or weeks after the outbreak, a sort of passage between military bases scattered across Chernarus. These passages could include some bunkers developed by the remaining survivors once everything really went to hell and this was the only place they could live (Metro 2033 style), filled with loot and all sorts of goodies. Obviously all these plusses would have to be countered with the introduction of some sort of more powerful infested creatures and the danger of travelling in a pitch black environment (torches would be an awesome introduction to the game)

PS: Also, instead of metro station, why not sewer system (enterable through alleys) ? :)

Edited by Snister101
  • Like 1

metro in Chernarus? Like one line of 200 meters between Cherno West and Cherno East or what? Does not seem very likely.

Think of it as a boondoggle, some city councilman's cousin in the construction biz makes a fortune.  Oh it could happen.  Even add a civilian airport terminal to Balota on the east end.  Great destination for a metro from down town Cherno.  Add an elevated passenger line to Electro and underground spurs to Dubky, Novolselky and Chapevsk and you got a metro line quick as you please.

Think of it as a boondoggle, some city councilman's cousin in the construction biz makes a fortune.  Oh it could happen.  Even add a civilian airport terminal to Balota on the east end.  Great destination for a metro from down town Cherno.  Add an elevated passenger line to Electro and underground spurs to Dubky, Novolselky and Chapevsk and you got a metro line quick as you please.

See, thing is that over there, they'd get the funding for it, then simply not build it and say 'oops'.  It's called real corruption as opposed to the pansy ass shit we have here, where a City councilman's votes to have Naps and Snacks, and pays for his private diners with his public funds.  This isn't Downtown or Waikiki where a subway/metro or even elevated rail would make sense (we can't have subways in Hawaii for multiple reasons, one of them being the water table).  Look at NY or Chicago, old cities that are heavily developed and crowded and 'everyone' has a car, thus high traffic.  Cherno is more 'Communistic' where a car is considered a luxery, and there would be few private vehicles.  Even the new apartment buildings in Cherno could be more easily served by buses than a rail system (under/aboveground), due to the altitude and grade (trains gernally don't preform very well on anything higher than a 2-3% grade, meaning 2-3 feet of climb for every 100 feet of travel).  For the amount of engineering and construction they'ed have to do to make a metro line from Dubky, Novo, Chapa and lower Cherno and extension to Electro to work they could just spend it on improving the roads and buying a SHIT TON of buses (or buying a few buses, draw a couple 0s on the price tag of each and pocket the difference).

but how about...a tramway route ;) with remises at both ends.

you could then establish a base at remise A and one at remise B and could always travel between these two by tram ;)

.  This isn't Downtown or Waikiki where a subway/metro or even elevated rail would make sense

Oh, you're one of those that believes rail here isn't a boondoggle.  It's just as corrupt here, especially since the guy who took over the rail project just fired the engineering company that was doing it to hire the one HE USED TO WORK FOR.  Ok, rant complete.

Oh, you're one of those that believes rail here isn't a boondoggle.  It's just as corrupt here, especially since the guy who took over the rail project just fired the engineering company that was doing it to hire the one HE USED TO WORK FOR.  Ok, rant complete.

Not saying the current planned rail system is ideal.  If it were up to me there'd be a few executions and heads going on pikes for incompetence and corruption.  I'm pro rail, if they're doing it right (which they're not.  The state couldn't pour piss out of a slipper.)  It's coming, weather we like it or not, lets just pray or make sure they do it right, unless you happen to have a couple of barrels of Semtex laying about, then we could meet up somewhere in Kapolei or Waipahu to discuss business...Still the level of corruption here in the States is nothing compared to the Former Soviet Union.  At least we're actually going to get a Rail System, can't say the same for that Stevie Wounder concert.

i would like that, something like this:

Sokol_metro_station_Moscow_by_mvn78.jpg

beans for you  :thumbsup:  :beans:

it would not fit in chernorus, so maybe on another map.

Edited by DMentMan

i would like that, something like this:

Sokol_metro_station_Moscow_by_mvn78.jpg

beans for you  :thumbsup:  :beans:

it would not fit in chernorus, so maybe on another map.

Pick wont show up for me.

EDIT: Yes..yes I mean the Pic.

Edited by BigMike

Pick wont show up for me.

you mean the pic? hmm, well thats wired. 

"But Английское определение's still all cracked and broken!"

"Sorry, Dean, the OP has spoken."

METRORAIIIIL
METRORAIIIIIIL
METRORAAAAAIIIIIILLLL

Edited by bobotype3334