OrLoK

Chainsaw?

Hello there

For example, players with a pistol will be able to turn around and fire much faster than a player with a M4, or a chainsaw.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/81688020510/a-very-busy-couple-of-weeks-for-the-whole-team-has

thoughts?

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Then they realised that with chainsaws in the game you should be able to cut off limbs. To implement that feature it would need a lot of work, or a lot of burying trying to forget they ever talked about that item.

Come on, they have a chainsaw in No More Room in Hell, a CS mod for chrissake, it should be peanuts implementing it here.

Fuel for it will be an interesting element.  I'm assuming it will take just straight gasoline as opposed to the 50/50 Gas/oil mixture their supposed to get.  I'm down with the chainsaw so long as it's loud and obnoxious but you can just hold down the trigger and let zombies run in to it.

Chainsaw as in, cuts down trees and screaming coeds? Or chainsaw as in, cuts down everyone in its path with a stream of bullets? Regardless, I'm excited to see it. If it's the later, needs to be rare and have a weight penalty in your running.

Does the move speed need to change per weapon? Doesn't seem that legit to me, seeing as how I've ran with an m-4 and pistol with neither slowing me down. I can understand the need to move more cautiously while wielding a chainsaw if it's on of course, but what if it's not on?

I dunno, i just feel that balancing things out in this sense is the wrong way to do it as it creates unrealistic values and makes the game more arcade-like. The real balance should come with encumbrance values and loot rarity with the bottom line being that," some guys are lucky, some guys aren't."

If i wanted fairness, i wouldn't be playing Dayz...

Base building purposes perhaps?
Also give us leatherface mask.

Chainsaw as in, cuts down trees and screaming coeds? Or chainsaw as in, cuts down everyone in its path with a stream of bullets? Regardless, I'm excited to see it. If it's the later, needs to be rare and have a weight penalty in your running.

This one

kFE7bsJ.jpg

• Like 1

This one

kFE7bsJ.jpg

Thanks!

Then I'm looking forward to it! Speed building a log cabin, barricades, destruction of barricades, chasing screaming coeds, the fun never ends! Need to have fuel, oil, and a wear factor in game - but think its a nice addition!

I would see chainsaw fit only for construction, or pure fun, simply because its big and loud, wonder how will we be transporting it, since it would look more than weird when placed on back, like the axe, and it would take up too many inventory slots if placed in the backpack.

Overalls, hockey mask, chainsaw and no T-shirt.. Jason style FTW!!!

Edited by GolobZ

I can't wait for the chainsaw and and empty Cherno like this (lawn mower would be cool also ;) )

I can't wait for the chainsaw and and empty Cherno like this (lawn mower would be cool also ;) )

Thanks for bringing me back old nightmares.....welp looks like I'm going to have to watch some disney movies tonight...

AFAIK in real life chainsaws make terrible weapons. They would jam and throw their chains cutting through sinew and bone. Best to leave them in fantasy games like L4D, not a milsim based 'realistic' zombie game.

Personally, I only want chainsaws once I can attach them to the trained attack dogs. Boom, your legs are broken.

Also,I would like craft work gloves with kitchen knives to make freddy Krueger gloves. I

I don't really know how much faster a pistol should be than an M4... an M4 is a pretty handy carbine...

As for the chainsaw I'm not too enthused.

I hope this thing is like in real life... terrible weapon.

Consider the fact you have to actually start the thing up before you can do anything at all. Are they going to be pressing the primer bulb, setting the throttle to "choke" and then yanking on the starter cord while their enemies bear down on them? Ha, they'd be axed in the face before they could do shit. Drop the chainsaw and run...

Once started everyone zombie and player can hear the "brumbrumbrum" of the engine from hundreds of meters...

And then there's the fact it's ridiculously slow and unwieldy, due to not being designed for use as a weapon in the first place. This should be best used on handcuffed people (cue Scarface) or for harvesting wood. A freaking chainsaw... where would they even put it, sling the thing on their back and then jog 10 kilometers?

A chainsaw has the "scary factor" but in real life I'd rather have an axe or machete any day of the week. Only a fool would carry a chainsaw around the countryside for use as a weapon (if you recall... Leatherface himself was most likely [intellectually challenged]).

I don't really know how much faster a pistol should be than an M4... an M4 is a pretty handy carbine...

Yeah that seemed a bit strange to me ... An M4 should be a bit slower, but not much. Maybe it's to compensate for all the pistols being hilariously inaccurate at the moment?