Sign in to follow this  
irishroy

Attachment(s) for the B95 (and things in the gamefiles)

you're not american are you?

totally not

And yeah, you're probably right about this instance, however irishroy has complained about the R700 specifically stating that it shouldn't be in because;

" 1. It's American, 2. It's a high-caliber sniper rifle, 3. It's a high-caliber sniper rifle "

You made the effort to dig out such an old post? :D

Well AFAIK the 700 is as well a "civilian", but also a "military" rifle, and american rifle...

And I don't think civilian people own a Rem700 in an eastern soviet state.

So the "only way" to bring the R700 would be a military SR; and to make the R700 any different, it would have "moar dmg", better accuracy, etc.

=> a new powerful SR, so sniping/KoS is encouraged and made easier...

& that's what I don't like ^^

wOcag5u.png

It doesn't matter whether it's a Remington or Savage or Tikka or what-have-you, any modern hunting rifle is going to be considered a "sniper".

Anyways the CZ550 is a better choice than the 700 given the ARMA and Czech ties and the overall feel of the game.

wOcag5u.png

It doesn't matter whether it's a Remington or Savage or Tikka or what-have-you, any modern hunting rifle is going to be considered a "sniper".

Anyways the CZ550 is a better choice than the 700 given the ARMA and Czech ties and the overall feel of the game.

Probably, but the CZ-550 and R700 fire a wide variety of calibers so having both wouldn't be a far stretch (Obviously over a long period of time as they still all fill similar niches.)

totally not

You made the effort to dig out such an old post? :D

Well AFAIK the 700 is as well a "civilian", but also a "military" rifle, and american rifle...

So the "only way" to bring the R700 would be a military SR; and to make the R700 any different, it would have "moar dmg", better accuracy, etc.

=> a new powerful SR, so sniping/KoS is encouraged and made easier...

& that's what I don't like ^^

Get a remington 700. My father has one in .30-06 with a stunning wooden stock and a jeweled bolt. You'll change your tune -it's a work of art. I personally cannot stand to shoot it, as I find the .30-06 to be unacceptably painful. Maybe I've manned up since I was 15 (I was so discouraged by it, I bought an SKS, bwahaha).

Many places with gun contol make special exceptions for hunting rifles, and this would be a prime example of one. The military version is the m24 in 7.62 Nato and it features a polymer stock and other differences, I doubt it has the fancy jeweled bolt. :P 

Probably, but the CZ-550 and R700 fire a wide variety of calibers so having both wouldn't be a far stretch (Obviously over a long period of time as they still all fill similar niches.)

Well if people are going on about "less military weapons, more hunting weapons" there should of course be more than one bolt-action scoped rifle... three, four even.

Sometimes it seems to have no problem with having several pistols, several shotguns, several assault rifles, but balk at the thought of several scoped bolt actions because they are "snipers"... well, scoped bolt actions tend to be the most common hunting rifles so be careful what you wish for...

Hunting guns always tend to get short thrift in games. Look at the mod... one solitary commercial hunting rifle. Bah.

Well if people are going on about "less military weapons, more hunting weapons" there should of course be more than one bolt-action scoped rifle... three, four even.

Sometimes it seems to have no problem with having several pistols, several shotguns, several assault rifles, but balk at the thought of several scoped bolt actions because they are "snipers"... well, scoped bolt actions tend to be the most common hunting rifles so be careful what you wish for...

Hunting guns always tend to get short thrift in games. Look at the mod... one solitary commercial hunting rifle. Bah.

Well, the only reason they did that was because the CZ-550 was in default Arma 2, so they used what was in-hand, although I would've liked more emphasis on insurgent-based weapons anyway.

On bipod substitutes, I think shooting sticks would be good. You literally just take some sturdy sticks off the ground and make a rest for them.

The ones in the pic are nicer, but I'm sure in a pinch any old stick would do:

Royal_Marines_snipers_displaying_their_L

PIC

Sticks+Rope= Tripod, or however you call it xD

Could take 2 vertical slots.

And with this post I'd like to point out: the thread was for attachments for the B95, and not, why I don't/didn't like sniperrifles, or why SRs should/shouldn't be added soon/now/ever.

We need more shoe types anyways. I know this may sound silly but i take good care of my shoes because you just never know when your going to need them.

Sticks+Rope= Tripod, or however you call it xD

Could take 2 vertical slots.

And with this post I'd like to point out: the thread was for attachments for the B95, and not, why I don't/didn't like sniperrifles, or why SRs should/shouldn't be added soon/now/ever.

Doesn't even look like he has a rope. Just maybe a sandbag to rest on, and even then I'm not entirely sure that's necessary.

Doesn't even look like he has a rope. Just maybe a sandbag to rest on, and even then I'm not entirely sure that's necessary.

He must have one, because otherwise the lowest stick would fall down, I believe

We need more shoe types anyways. I know this may sound silly but i take good care of my shoes because you just never know when your going to need them.

Yes, socks and sandals

Edited by irishroy

bump xD

So i was thinking.....could a blaze be a dual weapon? i mean it has 2 barrels, so can we make a barrel that has a place for a shotgun and a rifle cartridge?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9wkdoO9boGpSkdP6xvbaLIKp8WKJ9SdavcZfNGHy6ROnmiNRZ

i think it would be cool and interesting.

And it would not spawn with this barrel, the barrel could be found in loot spawns.

the pso will fit on SKS, SVD, AKM but i dont like the look

So i was thinking.....could a blaze be a dual weapon? i mean it has 2 barrels, so can we make a barrel that has a place for a shotgun and a rifle cartridge?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9wkdoO9boGpSkdP6xvbaLIKp8WKJ9SdavcZfNGHy6ROnmiNRZ

i think it would be cool and interesting.

And it would not spawn with this barrel, the barrel could be found in loot spawns.

YEAH! HELL YEAH!

The B95 also in reallife has different barrels. Why not?

YEAH! HELL YEAH!

The B95 also in reallife has different barrels. Why not?

you just now saw that post? XD

Edited by DURRHUNTER

you just now saw that post? XD

Yeah, sorry, I was blind ;)

one month of idling is over.

Now that the CZ is confirmed, and that we probably will be able fit a Bipod and Scope on it, I hope the B95 won't be forgotten.

Also I wanted to mention (again) the "Hunting_Scope12x", which is in the gamefiles for quite some time now.

I don't give up the hope xD

An optic for the B95 would be really really useful, since every rifle out there got at least 1 scope (Mosin, SKS, M4, AKM, SKS Well, not the Ruger10/22, but.....)

one month of idling is over.

Now that the CZ is confirmed, and that we probably will be able fit a Bipod and Scope on it, I hope the B95 won't be forgotten.

Also I wanted to mention (again) the "Hunting_Scope12x", which is in the gamefiles for quite some time now.

I don't give up the hope xD

An optic for the B95 would be really really useful, since every rifle out there got at least 1 scope (Mosin, SKS, M4, AKM, SKS Well, not the Ruger10/22, but.....)

Yea absolutely . I hope this also means the swift removal of the lrs on the mosin nagant just like the bipod was removed.