SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

The only way to counter them is with brute force from an automatic weapon like an AKM, 101 AK, MP5K, etc. That and conserving your stamina and what not to focus aim better. Don't try to melee them for right now its just a suicide attempt if you get more than 2. The zombie path finding still isn't 100% working so just keep an eye on your sides and back and listen for what direction they are coming from.

• Like 1

They're really not that hard to deal with. For fun on a low pop server I went to Elektro, fired a shot in the air near the market, and with a garden hoe dispatched 6 of them and only got hit twice. You cannot ignore zombies, they're a more significant part of the game now, but in now way truly difficult or impossible. Also filter out any servers where you have a ping greater than 90. I'm facepalming at how many people are having trouble dealing with the zombie changes, they're not that bad. If the server I logged out on last night was high pop and I just auto log in the next morning, even with hardly anyone on the server I'm kept busy with the new zeds, it's rather nice. I don't have to server bounce to whatever is currently high pop to find fun and challenge.

In summary:

1. Strafe or circle the zombies, never fight them toe to toe.
  2. Aim directly for their center, of if they're moving slightly lead them. You can't just wildly swing in their general direction and expect to hit them anymore.
  3. Axes, Hoes, Pick Axes, etc still easily kill in 1-2 shots to the head, there's really no difference there.
  4. There are more hoppers now, and this is important because they behave differently and have some known navmesh/pathing issues and are less likely to respect doors, fences, etc.
  5. The zed respawns are important now, you're unlikely to find a town cleared out.
  6. Zeds are your friend - they're a great early warning system that other players are in the area if used properly.
  7. Have fun with the new navmesh stuff and lock them up behind doors, it's honestly a fun and easy way to deal with them.
  8. Don't think running upstairs in a 2-3 story building will help you - they'll come right up after you now... meaning unless you've got a ladder to retreat down or you plan to lock them behind doors running into buildings to escape zombies can be a poor choice.

They're really not that hard to deal with. For fun on a low pop server I went to Elektro, fired a shot in the air near the market, and with a garden hoe dispatched 6 of them and only got hit twice. You cannot ignore zombies, they're a more significant part of the game now, but in now way truly difficult or impossible. Also filter out any servers where you have a ping greater than 90. I'm facepalming at how many people are having trouble dealing with the zombie changes, they're not that bad. If the server I logged out on last night was high pop and I just auto log in the next morning, even with hardly anyone on the server I'm kept busy with the new zeds, it's rather nice. I don't have to server bounce to whatever is currently high pop to find fun and challenge.

In summary:

1. Strafe or circle the zombies, never fight them toe to toe.
  2. Aim directly for their center, of if they're moving slightly lead them. You can't just wildly swing in their general direction and expect to hit them anymore.
  3. Axes, Hoes, Pick Axes, etc still easily kill in 1-2 shots to the head, there's really no difference there.
  4. There are more hoppers now, and this is important because they behave differently and have some known navmesh/pathing issues and are less likely to respect doors, fences, etc.
  5. The zed respawns are important now, you're unlikely to find a town cleared out.
  6. Zeds are your friend - they're a great early warning system that other players are in the area if used properly.
  7. Have fun with the new navmesh stuff and lock them up behind doors, it's honestly a fun and easy way to deal with them.
  8. Don't think running upstairs in a 2-3 story building will help you - they'll come right up after you now... meaning unless you've got a ladder to retreat down or you plan to lock them behind doors running into buildings to escape zombies can be a poor choice.

I understand there was to much 100% hitting all the time with melee but this is just super tedious now. Theres gotta be some kind of middle ground for melee without being to hard or to damned easy. Melee mechanics seem to be the most problematic of the mechanic at the moment.

The Navmesh is still messed up really bad though to. It does not matter iv seen them tear through walls like ghost still to get to you. There are still invisible holes in certain areas it seems.

yeah I had to switch to guns.  and I'm running out of ammo fast, because shooting one zombie means also having to shoot the ten zombies the shooting attracts.

keep an eye out for nearby ladders.  if they get you bleeding, you will NOT get a chance to bandage yourself without climbing a ladder first.

I was out in a field and shot a deer.  was about to skin it and a zombie shows up.  I shoot him, and more show up.  then more showed up.  I used up an entire 75-round drum and zombies were still coming.  finally managed to bandage myself, while a zombie was beating on me, just before I went unconscious.  apparently going unconscious makes the zombies leave you the fuck alone.  so I woke up again, and the zombies started showing up again.  I couldn't even see where I was going because being hurt makes the screen go blurry, but I just ran.  after that I changed me name to 'fuck this patch'.  true story.

yeah I had to switch to guns.  and I'm running out of ammo fast, because shooting one zombie means also having to shoot the ten zombies the shooting attracts.

keep an eye out for nearby ladders.  if they get you bleeding, you will NOT get a chance to bandage yourself without climbing a ladder first.

I was out in a field and shot a deer.  was about to skin it and a zombie shows up.  I shoot him, and more show up.  then more showed up.  I used up an entire 75-round drum and zombies were still coming.  finally managed to bandage myself, while a zombie was beating on me, just before I went unconscious.  apparently going unconscious makes the zombies leave you the fuck alone.  so I woke up again, and the zombies started showing up again.  I couldn't even see where I was going because being hurt makes the screen go blurry, but I just ran.  after that I changed me name to 'fuck this patch'.  true story.

Thats sounds amazingly intense for just trying to kill a deer. XD

Im sure its frustrating to since you probably had some really good gear you were scavenging for days with to.

Thats sounds amazingly intense for just trying to kill a deer. XD

Im sure its frustrating to since you probably had some really good gear you were scavenging for days with to.

I keep the good stuff in the pack where zombies can't (currently) destroy it.

and yeah it was insane - they kept showing up in twos and threes every few seconds.  couldn't bandage myself, couldn't even reload.

I really like the zombies being a legit threat.

wait til your ammo starts to run low, because every trip somewhere costs you more bullets than you find...

The Melee system MUST be fixed / optimized

it is completely useless now.  Seems like you actually have to let a zombie hit you for each hit you MIGHT get when you swing a weapon.

ive had the same problem getting hit from long distances...one hit me while I was 10m BEHIND it

zombie respawn is a little out of control with this patch , being chased across hundreds of meters of fields , over mountains , its a little silly , as well as the hit you from 20+ meter bug ,, last night we encountered completely invisible zombies , checking the hangars at NW and thump , thump , screech ,, nothing there ,, thump thump , and we took off running , it wasnt until one of our group just sprayed half a drum from his AK to our 6 , did the zombie become visible when it fell , very odd indeed ,, but its lil things and its alpha , this too shall pass. all in all , this is one of the most amazing games ive ever played

It would be nice if you could block or push back with a weapon in your hand. Right now any sorta melee is almost equivalent to rockem sockem robots.. But with strafing in circles....

Edited by cels

Lol they're even more a pain in the ass now than they were before.

They spawn everywhere around you, can STILL see you from ridiculous distances even when looking the opposite direction, STILL run through walls even with shut doors, hit you through walls, hit you from completely DIFFERENT ROOMS in a building, and are even more difficult to hit, now. and good look trying to knock them out as a fresh spawn, now, especially with the laggy state the servers are in since the last build. It's quite the task lol.

So my advice would be to wait until next patch, if zombies are a concern for you lol xD

I dont really have any problems with the zombies, but since i played plenty of the exp branch ive developed a technique. One trick is to always stand still when trying to melee the zombies, right now even 2 hit kills will almost always one shot because the game registers more than one hit for some reason.

Zombies still wall/fence glitch, not as much but they do.

Zombies can now land a hit on you from distances of 20 metres + even when you are accelerating away from them and the gap between you increases they still manage to land hits, even through solid structures.

Zombies are virtually impossible to hit with melee weapons.

Zombies have X-ray vision, no amount of solid obstacles between you and them will cause them to lose sight of you, even hillsides and huge buildings fail to break Line of sight.

Please devs, it's time to catch up with the rest of the gaming industry and get the melee system to work correctly, create some kind of Line of Sight functionality, some sensible collision detection would be nice and implement a stealth system, by all means make zombies formidable but give us the tools to counter them.

Still in development my friend. You think every game released had all it's elements functioning at every stage of development? They are working on fixing the zombies 

I honestly think zombies are only there because people are mostly dumb and buy anything with zombies in it.

Look at the walking dead easily one of the worst written shows in ages yet people love it.

The worst written show? What planet are you from?

I don't like the show because of the zombies, I like it because of the great character interaction. I always hated zombie movies because of the slasher film slant. I absolutely love the Walking Dead.

I cant wait to see a zed finally not walk through walls. 

I could be mistaken but I think we are finally seeing the start of this. The navmesh is AWESOME.

Killed at least 10 zeds with my axe yesterday, had no issues with any of what you've described or at least to the extent you're reporting. Must be situational..

• Like 1

One thing about the zombie respawn ( I know it's not finished) is that when using a silent pistol no zombies should respawn like using a melee weapon.

Overall, hurrah to finally seeing zombies become a threat.

Can you hear that? It's the bell ringing on the beginning of the end for all you COD and BFers running around aimlessly looting everything in 5 seconds just to shoot and kill innocents. Well, maybe not, but it sure will be harder.

Still in development my friend. You think every game released had all it's elements functioning at every stage of development? They are working on fixing the zombies 

wait....you mean to tell me....they're not done with them?

and....wait....

THIS GAME IS AN ALPHA!?!?!

say+what.gif

wait til your ammo starts to run low, because every trip somewhere costs you more bullets than you find...

What's the point of playing DayZ if the zombies are not a threat? What I hate most about DayZ is how it turned into a run to base, find gun, open fire KoS. Running low on bullets? Good! Ammo is suppose to be precious and hard to come by in a zombie apocalypse. It shouldn't be wasted on new spawns with zero gear. If you want to play deathmatch, go back to COD.

Zombies still wall/fence glitch, not as much but they do.

Zombies can now land a hit on you from distances of 20 metres + even when you are accelerating away from them and the gap between you increases they still manage to land hits, even through solid structures.

Zombies are virtually impossible to hit with melee weapons.

Zombies have X-ray vision, no amount of solid obstacles between you and them will cause them to lose sight of you, even hillsides and huge buildings fail to break Line of sight.

Please devs, it's time to catch up with the rest of the gaming industry and get the melee system to work correctly, create some kind of Line of Sight functionality, some sensible collision detection would be nice and implement a stealth system, by all means make zombies formidable but give us the tools to counter them.

merging

What's the point of playing DayZ if the zombies are not a threat? What I hate most about DayZ is how it turned into a run to base, find gun, open fire KoS. Running low on bullets? Good! Ammo is suppose to be precious and hard to come by in a zombie apocalypse. It shouldn't be wasted on new spawns with zero gear. If you want to play deathmatch, go back to COD.

I've actually never played call of duty.  you'll have to borrow another clever stock insult from game forums.

and I haven't been playing this as a deathmatch game at all.  up until yesterday I was playing with an axe and a bow, hunting deer and boar.  another of your clever stereotypes missing the mark.

Edited by Red_Ensign

The worst written show? What planet are you from?

I don't like the show because of the zombies, I like it because of the great character interaction. I always hated zombie movies because of the slasher film slant. I absolutely love the Walking Dead.

The writing is pretty shit tier dude.

Listen to the conversations how downright stupid and unbelievable alot of the dialogue is not to mention how stupid some of the characters are.

Pretty bad writting man like one of the worst on air the show belongs on network television pretty sad it is so popular.

Since the recent patch, Zombies are an absolute joke.

In the last two towns alone, i've managed to use over 2 full drum mags of AK ammo just on zombies alone. The crawler zombies have messed hitboxes and rounds go straight throw. Zombies are still teleporting through walls, randomly spawning on top of each other 4 or 5 at a time and can now teleport upstairs and through floors.

Trying to axe them is pointless because so many seem to spawn and so quickly that they always get a hit or two on you, and unless you're carrying 7 or 8 full bandage rolls, you don't last long.

But it's ok, we now have chemlights. <_<