SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Now I'm sure we can all agree that zombies in DayZ have never been perfect, but am I the only one to notice that they have become yet more glitchy than they were in the mod? We've all seen them go through floors, walls etc. and that isn't really that bad but them being able to hit you through floors, walls, roofs and when you are atleast 16 feet away from them (could just be fps drop causing it but still) and making a bullet the only effective way to kill them. As far as I'm concerned that is a real problem and now with the latest patch they can one hit kill you when crouching even if you're wearing a helmet, be it a ballistic or motorbike, it's killed me and my mates one to many times. I also think that the increased glitchyness is caused by the new animation they got some patches ago which has also made it close to impossible to run away from them and so now the only quick and effective way to kill them being to shoot them (since the axe is now funkier then it should be) it is almost impossible to pass through cities without people knowing you're there.

Here's what could be done: Bring back the animation they had on release and fix the wall/floor glitching they so love to do.

• Like 2

Now I'm sure we can all agree that zombies in DayZ have never been perfect, but am I the only one to notice that they have become yet more glitchy than they were in the mod? We've all seen them go through floors, walls etc. and that isn't really that bad but them being able to hit you through floors, walls, roofs and when you are atleast 16 feet away from them (could just be fps drop causing it but still) and making a bullet the only effective way to kill them. As far as I'm concerned that is a real problem and now with the latest patch they can one hit kill you when crouching even if you're wearing a helmet, be it a ballistic or motorbike, it's killed me and my mates one to many times. I also think that the increased glitchyness is caused by the new animation they got some patches ago which has also made it close to impossible to run away from them and so now the only quick and effective way to kill them being to shoot them (since the axe is now funkier then it should be) it is almost impossible to pass through cities without people knowing you're there.

Here's what could be done: Bring back the animation they had on release and fix the wall/floor glitching they so love to do.

Merging

Just so you know, axe got fixed on experimental, don't know how they will take to roll that out, in the meantime I used fists or just shot them outright.  As of now they won't randomly insta-re-spawn near you on death thus giving you time to make like a French soldier in May 1940.

Oh.  What about bullets no longer rendering as hits ( poof of dust).  Can you check if that is fixed on experimental for us?  I cant play for a while.

Prior to 0.44, I had no problem fighting even as many as ten zombies all on my own with an axe. It might take a little while, but I was capable of doing it without wasting much of my own supplies or taking much (if any) damage if I was careful.

In 0.44, I'm essentially forced to use a gun when I'm faced with anything more than a single zombie because it just isn't possible to kill them quick enough without taking a ton of damage and possibly dying. I don't like this at all. If stealth isn't an option, and I'm being forced to make a lot of noise on top of not being able to be stealthy in the first place, the game ends up feeling a lot more like a shoot-em-up than anything involving skill or strategy for survival.

not liking the new zombies update. takes too long to kill, and they run too fast. i wouldn't mind that much if they didn't run throw walls and floors, but it's just extremely annoying the way it is now.

Oh.  What about bullets no longer rendering as hits ( poof of dust).  Can you check if that is fixed on experimental for us?  I cant play for a while.

I would love to but it appears experimental is down right now, so I am switching back to the current build.

Please for the love of god keep the system we have now. Please.

It's perfect right now, they have a nice balanced approach to them. Precision weapons like a bayonet are no longer useless line up a quick jab and 1-2 or 3 headshots it goes down, and with their precision you can usually get 2 stabs in before you need to adjust your aim again. Axe still one shots to the head, it's just harder to score one because the axe does a arcing chop, which many people can't seem to realize means you now need to aim higher and put the head into the swing arcs downward path. Still easy as fuck. I've also managed to sneak up on a few and 1 shot them with both the axe and bayonet.

All in all a good improvement, fix the AI and pathing and we got close to a finished zombie.

Edited by Daemonkid

zombies suck, this game is unplayable, dying by one hit is utter Bull$hit. dev team is so slow, zombies respawn in area near you which makes no sense. zombie run faster and hit you when there no where near you! pre alpha, pre alpha bullshit, the zombies were fine before. 

btw, im aloud to rant, its the point of the forum so back off

zombies suck, this game is unplayable, dying by one hit is utter Bull$hit. dev team is so slow, zombies respawn in area near you which makes no sense. zombie run faster and hit you when there no where near you! pre alpha, pre alpha bullshit, the zombies were fine before. 

Your articulation leaves much to be desired. Take a chill pill.

• Like 1

Calm down and take a breath please.

• Like 1

Your articulation leaves much to be desired. Take a chill pill.

how about you quit acting so sophisticated and go read a good book bra. 

Tougher zombies.

So I can spend more time watching all the bugs they have like ignoring walls and objects, hitting me without even facing my character.

Good thing you can sneak past them

oh wait...

all I can say is, that these zombies are a brashness.

- superfast

- too heavy amor

- too weak

from patch to patch, they are getting more and more immortal und stronger...

DEVELOPERS, ARE YOU DOING THAT ON PRUPOSE? OR ARE YOU FORCED OR DRUNK TO PROGAMM SUCH SHIT ZOMBIES?

c90.gif

Edited by TiMEDANCE

100% YOU ARE RIGHT!

1421.gif

Zombies must bring back to 0.43 patch with few hits to kill

Zombies will be killed with many more hits once they will fix problems crossing through walls, doors, can't over the stairs and aggro when they don't see you...

Edited by GunnyITA

I love you people whining about tuff zombies. I rly do love it.

10 zombs, a fireaxe in my hands, 2 minutes

10 zombs dead, not a single hit taken.

What's wrong guys? Try harder I guess

• Like 2

As far as i know you need to destroy the brain of infeced/zombies
so i like the new "durable" zombie ..

do not understand that people are complaing 

they are stil no match even if 5 of them are running around you
Head..chop..head..slam..head..shot.. & things are down
worst that happens is that i am bleeding and need to bandage
no infection anyways .. so, no need for pills

just my humble opinion and in that, z´s should hit harder

Edited by dawud

I just read through the whole thread and was wondering about something.  I got attacked by a couple of Zombies and whipped out my trusty fire axe.  Usually 1 hit and boom there dead.  It now took me 6-7 hits to kill it.  Did the fire axe get weaker or does my aim just suck that bad?

Definitive statement about zombies as they are currently configured:

"There is no point in us balancing the zombies as nearly everything about them is placeholder, specifically:

• New AI pathfinding due, first iteration starts being tested in next few weeks
  • New Zombie Behavior, allowing much more emphasis on player stealth
  • New collision system for AI objects"

- Dean Hall

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23y4ko/so_many_people_complaining_about_zombies/ch1paw0?context=1

/thread

edit: fixed bullets

Edited by iBane
  • Like 2

"There is no point in us balancing the zombies as nearly everything about them is placeholder, specifically:

- Dean Hall

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/23y4ko/so_many_people_complaining_about_zombies/ch1paw0?context=1

/thread

beat me to it, lol!

seriously, people need to calm down and be patient.

Im not even going to say it...

• Like 1

Cleverly unpinned this thread...

Zombies are beast mode right now. Adds an extra dimension to stalking individuals/groups. Who cares?

So I guess we wont see you back in until beta?

Thats cool, let the menfolk worry about alpha testing. We'll let you kids know when you can come back and play.

- Dean Hall

/thread

Then why fucking change zombies at all?  Why waist time fucking with broken zombies when they should be working on the core and better zombies? By changing the broken ass zombies at all, they are showing the world...... " look, this is the quality of my work, I think this is better".  Its fucking ridiculous how bad this makes the Dayz project look.  What the fuck is quality control doing over there?