SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

In hardcore mode (3PP off) its kinda hard to axe the infected when you keep turning around to find the bugger. Could be due to mouse movement or something. Perhaps something need to be check here? The infected do run fast which is good.

I agree that we need to fear the zombies instead of each other but it would be nice if we could stealth past them like we could in the mod. I don't know if it was always like that in the mod but it was when I played. I crawled around in the grass on my stomach and I could go right past one. Now I'm aggroing zombies from the entire map it seems.

I loaded into the NE airfield and once the graphics started to settle, I immediately saw zombies coming from all directions. I pulled out my M4 and ran over to a hanger. From there, I started to take them down and managed to clear that swarm out and I moved to the second hanger. Once I was over there zombies started spawning in right in front of my face like ghosts. It was the strangest thing. I managed to kill all of those and ran out only to find another 20 heading my way.

I reloaded my double stacked clip and started to take them down. I headed to the jail and went inside, I closed the damn door and 5 of them came right through the door and nearly killed me. I got ammo from my box to reload my ciips and then ran outside. I saw hoards of zombies coming my way so I ran and started to take them down. I couldn't really stop running or they would catch me and hit me in the back. A few times I had to put my gun away so that I would run faster but then I would get ahead and pull out my gun and start killing them, only to have another hoard ahead of me. It was a useless battle and absolutely no fun at all. I gave up after about 20 minutes.  

Nolim a french player to post on a forum an interesting respawn idea to make the gameplay more RP:

The respawn should have a period of 3 to 5 min and a quick 1 to 2 km radius of the area where they are then grouped. So that we could clean an area and have a minimum of time before you receive a new wave of Z. . It would strengthen the hand RP with infected who walk to a city hoping to find some fresh meat.

This system will be even more interesting when the number of zombies will be increased.

---------

For my part I would add that from the moment the zombie no longer pass through the wall and doors. It will be very interesting it may broke a door with a delay from 30 sec. to 1 min. It will leave just enough time to organize his defense or even out through another door. That reinforce the atmosphere.

We see often in films zombies together, screaming and hitting for enter where is located their target.

lol, hey man your the one pullin' the trigger. I didn't ask for this!

You can't blame a Mosin for being a Mosin.

Only been at this a little while, liked the game before update, Agreed that perhaps they where a tad easy, but seems like it went a complete

180 degrees in the other direction now. I'm currently trying to gear up a new spawn. SIGH.  I was just getting to know the ins and outs of the game and now i can't even get a frickin axe. I know look for the firehouse. Kinda hard when i spawn and immediatly get swarmed as i try to run away from a town?????? wtf. Was really starting to have fun with the Alpha. Hope they can balance this out a bit more, Not really enjoying the last 24 hours at all. just my 2 cents.

This???? This is your feedback on the Post Patch Zombie Feedback thread? Wow.

Pretty much everything useful had been said about ten pages ago. You think the devs don't know about the spawning and clipping issues, and the next mention will be their Damascene conversion, perhaps?

• Like 1

You can't blame a Mosin for being a Mosin.

no, but you can blame the player that shot the mosin

• Like 1

alright.. had a couple days to really play the game and mess with the zombies...

they don't seem to be too OP honestly

their speed... zig-zag for a bit and they fall behind and give up (except for the 3 light year LOS/agro issue)

but now you can't simply clear a few of them out of a town and loot risk free.. gotta be sneaky and watch out for new spawns.

once you have a decent starter weapon (pitchfork, fire/splitting axe or garden hoe) they're easy to take out.

other than the clipping/los/agro/close respawn issues they're not that bad.. and the fact that they destroy your shit real quick

just make rags ASAP when you spawn and keep a good supply of them on hand. loot carefully and expect one to always be behind you or right around the next corner lol

it does seem that if you have your weapon out and ready they agro a lot more often but maybe that's just me lol

• Like 2

Whats with the zeds having an "area of effect" attack now? I keep getting hit by zeds who have their back to me. I also get hit by zeds after they are dead. And by zeds who are WAY too far away to be able to hit me. Through walls too, but that's part of the clipping problem.

I'm guessing it is client side lag. I have myself been impressed by the fact that I don't get hit any longer if I hit the zombie during its attack animation. It simply keels over and die before inflicting any damage.

Only been at this a little while, liked the game before update, Agreed that perhaps they where a tad easy, but seems like it went a complete

180 degrees in the other direction now. I'm currently trying to gear up a new spawn. SIGH.  I was just getting to know the ins and outs of the game and now i can't even get a frickin axe. I know look for the firehouse. Kinda hard when i spawn and immediatly get swarmed as i try to run away from a town?????? wtf. Was really starting to have fun with the Alpha. Hope they can balance this out a bit more, Not really enjoying the last 24 hours at all. just my 2 cents.

Axes also frequently spawn at hospitals, piano houses and "industrial barns". Otherwise the new farming melee weapons are apparently also semi-good, so just pick those up, they practically spawn everywhere, until you find a proper axe.

My first experience since logging in post update consisted of firing 1 shot with my mosin by the water in Svetlo and having a barrage of about 9 zombies (all be it, well spaced out time wise) come at me, each extra shot causing more aggro until i had temporarily cleared the area. I saw zombies spawning, i dont like this. I feel they ought to spawn at least 100m away and that their main sense should be noises, not sight unless within perhaps 50m.

I do find the zombies do too much damage, 1 wimpy punch and my guy is bleeding?

I don't need to mention the zeds through walls thing by now I'm sure... <_<

I am loving this. All the stand alone crew saying how hard the game is now lol Yeah they need tweaking but for me they are still really easy to kill. If you have played the mod you are used to this. Im just glad they do actually follow you now in numbers and cause problems. Get used to it Noobs they are only going to get more hardcore!

• Like 1

now just make it so they cant run through walls and add thousands more zombies...millions!!!....i  actually want dayz to be about zombies

Hm im still not sure what to think about the changes.

On one site i really enjoyed it as it was so hard to finally get them off once you fired a gun and they are coming for you, also i got scared off zombies for the first time in this game (running at fullspeed at you) and i start worrying when hearing zombie sounds. Also another thing that i really like is that snipers / campers that hide somewhere to kill you won't have an easy life. They need to be careful after revealing their location as the zombies might make a run for them. So if you live after a few shots, they need to focus on surviving themselves and therefor camping does not become the supreme tactic. 

On the other side, i cannot even eat something anymore and start bleeding quite fast, when badging myself i am unable to interrupt and get hit again because they are so fast. You can just stay there shoot and hope you don't bleed out  and they stop spawning before that so you can finally badge yourself. 

Same goes for eating and all that stuff. Also i think the "seeking" range is quite too much as of right now. People should be able when moving silently ( not running) and hiding to avoid zombies, as of right now it is just a disaster, they see you anyways. 

I really like the aspect that its scaring, but there should be some changes such as vision range for zombies and probably an ability to cancel your action faster (like dropping that beacon even tho it tastes delicious), so like in real life, if you're in a real hurry just drop it and run.

I think drop & run would save us a lot and would give us back some possibilities fighting fast zombies while still acting carefully. 

• Like 1

now just make it so they cant run through walls and add thousands more zombies...millions!!!....i  actually want dayz to be about zombies

With running people "so called zombies", you'll never get millions of zombies they would all run at you, kill you, crash the server. 

this is one of many reasons why slow zombies are better

Edited by sai

experimental:

unsuspected death due to zombie :(

My more than a month old char is gone. Ok, I admit, I did not play for a few weeks until restarting last friday... .

situation:

pretty good gear: bal. helmet, wool jacket, army 6 slot west thingy, cargo pants, gloves...

health: full, always completely drunk and soon joining weight watchers

problem: 4 zeds

Until today, no problem:

- 1st zed may have hit me once, don't really remember

- a little time, maybe 30 seconds

- 2nd zed did not hit me

- a little time, maybe 10 seconds

- 3rd zed hit me, maybe even twice, but I think only once

-> - bleeding for maybe 15 seconds

- pain in leg, checked with SKS aiming, yep, broken bone

- starting to bandage

At that point there may have been a hint of less color, but only marginally.

In the past 30 seconds or so was enough to heal a zed hit. Of course the bandaging

took so long that a fourth zed I had not spotted or heard before reached me before

I could get back up.

- 4th zed -> jump attack - >"You are dead."

Seriously, I was not worried in the slightest when I saw the zombie jumping at me. One or two hits, I was almost at full health, the little blood loss from the bleeding and the zeds before did really not seem problematic, I'm repeating my self, but I was really almost at full color. Health could also not have been the problem, I was fine and stuffed with food and liquid to the extreme for hours. So why did I die?

Do zed attacks vary (so much) in damage? Is there a lucky punch feature? Is the jumping zed a problem when you kneel, like it hitting your head and dealing extra damage? It was not shock, I was not unconcious but immediately dead. The only thing I could come up with was a sniper timing a headshot to hit directly when the zed did, but that is unrealistic, I only heard one hit and when I waited for some time, I heard nobody looting my body.

Have others had such experiences? Yes some people were writing that 6 or 8 zeds killed them, but that was really unexpected with just that hint of grey.

Edited by bautschi

experimental:

unsuspected death due to zombie :(

My more than a month old char is gone. Ok, I admit, I did not play for a few weeks until restarting last friday... .

situation:

pretty good gear: bal. helmet, wool jacket, army 6 slot west thingy, cargo pants, gloves...

health: full, always completely drunk and soon joining weight watchers

problem: 4 zeds

Until today, no problem:

- 1st zed may have hit me once, don't really remember

- a little time, maybe 30 seconds

- 2nd zed did not hit me

- a little time, maybe 10 seconds

- 3rd zed hit me, maybe even twice, but I think only once

-> - bleeding for maybe 15 seconds

- pain in leg, checked with SKS aiming, yep, broken bone

- starting to bandage

At that point there may have been a hint of less color, but only marginally.

In the past 30 seconds or so was enough to heal a zed hit. Of course the bandaging

took so long that a fourth zed I had not spotted or heard before reached me before

I could get back up.

- 4th zed -> jump attack - >"You are dead."

Seriously, I was not worried in the slightest when I saw the zombie jumping at me. One or two hits, I was almost at full health, the little blood loss from the bleeding and the zeds before did really not seem problematic, I'm repeating my self, but I was really almost at full color. Health could also not have been the problem, I was fine and stuffed with food and liquid to the extreme for hours. So why did I die?

Do zed attacks vary (so much) in damage? Is there a lucky punch feature? Is the jumping zed a problem when you kneel, like it hitting your head and dealing extra damage? It was not shock, I was not unconcious but immediately dead. The only thing I could come up with was a sniper timing a headshot to hit directly when the zed did, but that is unrealistic, I only heard one hit and when I waited for some time, I heard nobody looting my body.

Have others had such experiences? Yes some people were writing that 6 or 8 zeds killed them, but that was really unexpected with just that hint of grey.

yup happened to me on experimental last week I had just whacked 4 with my axe drew agro from a single and we danced for a bit cause I couldn't hit her for shit then she jumped and I was dead - now I was full health all three bars bright green and she hadn't even hit yet till the jump - I had assumed maybe a sniper but no one ever came to claim my choice gear soooo I got one shotted by a zed. now we know. zeds are effin dangerous.

• Like 1

Pretty much everything useful had been said about ten pages ago. You think the devs don't know about the spawning and clipping issues, and the next mention will be their Damascene conversion, perhaps?

Spoken like a true Democrat. No beans for you.

Has anyone else had most, if not all, their equipment and supplies go from pristine to ruined by ONE zombie hit? for me this happens every time i get anything now! i found a perfect revolver and about 9 shots for it and literally 30 seconds later some zombie clips through the wall and hits me once. i was able to kill it with an axe before i started to bleed but the gun was ruined along with damn near all of my other supplies (food, drinks, misc items). this only started after the most recent patch. this is a HUGE problem now that the zombies respawn and are faster with the same ridiculous agro range. please fix this!

Has anyone else had most, if not all, their equipment and supplies go from pristine to ruined by ONE zombie hit? for me this happens every time i get anything now! i found a perfect revolver and about 9 shots for it and literally 30 seconds later some zombie clips through the wall and hits me once. i was able to kill it with an axe before i started to bleed but the gun was ruined along with damn near all of my other supplies (food, drinks, misc items). this only started after the most recent patch. this is a HUGE problem now that the zombies respawn and are faster with the same ridiculous agro range. please fix this!

Ya, I'm thinking things in the clothing should only become ruined when zombies continue to hit ruined clothes, if that makes sense, so clothing go to ruin, then if the zombies keep attacking, the things in the clothing start taking damage.  They definitely need to make clothing more durable against zombie hits...

DayZ is a realistic simulator game right?.....    Just to be clear on one key thing: Sick people don´t run faster than people who is not sick. Zombies are rotting dead people, not mutants.         Make them slower and put them in hordes.      Oh and I want more of them

Edited by Mastho

Objects should definitely have different kinds of affinity for getting ruined. I can easily see that a bag of powdered milk is destroyed in a zed attack, but I can't get it into my head just how a Magnum should be damaged even slightly by a zed.

Because of the fact is was a mod, thats why. It was using arma's enemy coding, thats why they zigzag to avoid getting shot. I ALWAYS thought the intention was to make them better than that. 

And zombies are not sprinters.

walkers, joggers, some runners maybe, not all sprinters. ARE WE IN FUCKING JAMAICA?!

This whole enraged people thing, thats not a zombie, thats just crazy people. It pisses me off because I came into this expecting zombies. Not crazy people.

What does the Z stand for? Zimbabwe? 

I DON'T WANT TO DEFEND THE CURRENT ZOMBIES. I acknowledge they are piece of shit. They spawn directly at you, in sight of you, on top of you. The run and lag around like in the mod. The only thing is...they don't twitch around like an epileptic anymore. But given the current low number how else will you make them a threat. AND Zeds in the mod HAD been runners, so why expect it to be otherwise here? God, I would like to see 5x more of them, but made actually to work like they should: Not being able to see through house's walls, let alone run through them. Not trigger on you when you are more than 100 m away, from the horizon. Making sneaking around them (at least in the beginning where you have no axe) a must. But alas, the say it is Alpha. Will it EVER be Beta? Or final? We will see.

edit: Friggin' Zombie ate my leather jacket!! dafuq?? read your posts about it, and it happened to me, too. They seem to be damaging ONLY the chestpieces, rucksack, and jacket. My pants only went to worn after probably 10 Zed-hits...it has been stated that they now mostly attack the chest area, though. Keep your stuffs in yo pants, bro!

Edited by Traveler