Sign in to follow this  
denman1992

thermal scope

I was thinking about it, and i really hope this scope does not reapear in this game . I really think it is a very cheap target finder something that belongs in cod or some other shit idk. i believe it really takes away alot of the aspects of sneaking up on people and or just chillin on a hill sniping many other things too . And if for some reason they do put this in the game i hope it is like twice as rare as the lrs maybe even 3x or 4x as rare and have it burn through batteries insanely fast or maybe even special batteries you find throught the game which are also super rare . What are peoples thoughts on this ?

• Like 5

It won't come back, It was removed from the mod Ages ago.

• Like 1

I really wouldn't mind items like this being uber rare - as in 1 or 2 across all servers.

• Like 8

I really wouldn't mind items like this being uber rare - as in 1 or 2 across all servers.

Wasnt Deanz Beanz talking about that some times ago? That there would be super rare loot?

Yes he did, he mentioned nightvision goggles to be something super rare. Dont think thermal scope will be added, ruins the game imo.

• Like 2

Yes he did, he mentioned nightvision goggles to be something super rare. Dont think thermal scope will be added, ruins the game imo.

I heard that on the mod, some servers would instantly make themselves day time and people with NVGs would be blinded by the sudden change. Imagine it with a thermal scope. o.o

IF a thermal scope was added to standalone...

1) it should be super-rare to find

2) the range should be artificially limited to 100-200 meters only

3) it shouldn't be possible to be used in conjunction with a longrange weapon (sks, mosin, svd) but only on closerange automatic weapons like m4a1

Edited by AceQuat

guarentee frankle have one :lol:

i say no to them why ? as soon as this games modded those uber rare just became everyones got one who donated ;)

• Like 1

Wasnt Deanz Beanz talking about that some times ago? That there would be super rare loot?

...super rare loot with a super fucked up spawn probability system... and duping all over the place?

There was/is talk of a global economy of gear...so if 2 thermals/NVGs are in play for example more cannot spawn until they are out of circulation (ruined or a player doesn't log in for 2 months or whatever - who knows?)

I am not against any item really - if there was 1 AS50 across all servers imagine seeing someone carrying one of those babies?

But yes, private servers could be an issue - you could rapidly get servers with masses amounts of military gear and weapons.

• Like 1

As long as you can duplicate items (like you could on the mod) it doesn't really matter how rare an item is unfortunately.

There was/is talk of a global economy of gear...so if 2 thermals/NVGs are in play for example more cannot spawn until they are out of circulation (ruined or a player doesn't log in for 2 months or whatever - who knows?)

I am not against any item really - if there was 1 AS50 across all servers imagine seeing someone carrying one of those babies?

But yes, private servers could be an issue - you could rapidly get servers with masses amounts of military gear and weapons.

How can private servers be an issue? You don't have to play on any particular private server, plus them having private hives will not effect any other servers.

yeah right, you're going to be dead long before you even see them, specially if they have a thermal AS50!  but I wouldn't mind a few of them being there, or even the likes of a couple of Thermal FAL's

its all about not limiting the play experience.

all items should be implemented, just loot tables very VERY conservative.

DayZ is a game that strives to be open world, realistic, survival simulator...why on earth would you limit anything?

As long as you can duplicate items (like you could on the mod) it doesn't really matter how rare an item is unfortunately.

How can private servers be an issue? You don't have to play on any particular private server, plus them having private hives will not effect any other servers.

because once one does it becomes popular server owners see a drop on theur server so follow suit.

so yes it does effect all.

what starts out as 100 percent vanilla end up being 5 percent of servers left. rest just become buy as you win donation for gear.

The thermal scope spawning the mod was never the problem, it was hackers spawning them in

I gurrantee if an as50 thermal was added, one guy hacking for his group will kit 10 of his friends out with them

And when one of those guys dies some lucky bastard will grab it and so the deterioration of the game will begin

And within a week every Bambi and his mother will have one

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

The thermal scope spawning the mod was never the problem, it was hackers spawning them in

I gurrantee if an as50 thermal was added, one guy hacking for his group will kit 10 of his friends out with them

And when one of those guys dies some lucky bastard will grab it and so the deterioration of the game will begin

And within a week every Bambi and his mother will have one

next thing you know there will be respawning broken tents full of them all over Chernarus and the forums? my God imagine the forums? lol..

Either make them normal spawn rate or don't have them (and I say don't have them or other "questionable" loot).  Reason is nothing ramps up KoS like thinking the guy might have "Uber loot #3" in there back pack.  You think friendly people is in short supply now?  Try handing out ultra rare loot on a server and everyone will be killing everyone no matter what.

IF a thermal scope was added to standalone...

1) it should be super-rare to find

2) the range should be artificially limited to 100-200 meters only

3) it shouldn't be possible to be used in conjunction with a longrange weapon (sks, mosin, svd) but only on closerange automatic weapons like m4a1

Longest distance i was able to recognize object and measure distance to it was little over 7km. Weapon thermal optics obviously are not able to zoom in that long but 100-200m nerf would then be pointless and I would vote no to Thermal anyway.

You guys really want to kill by snipers who hunt in night. Yeah that would be great!!!

no.

please gods of dayz, no...

YOU RUINED THE MOD, YOU DON'T GET TO RUIN THIS.

• Like 1

I was thinking about it, and i really hope this scope does not reapear in this game . I really think it is a very cheap target finder something that belongs in cod or some other shit idk. i believe it really takes away alot of the aspects of sneaking up on people and or just chillin on a hill sniping many other things too . And if for some reason they do put this in the game i hope it is like twice as rare as the lrs maybe even 3x or 4x as rare and have it burn through batteries insanely fast or maybe even special batteries you find throught the game which are also super rare . What are peoples thoughts on this ?

Thermal is so OP. I dont care about realism... imo thermal would ruin the game. 

no.

please gods of dayz, no...

YOU RUINED THE MOD, YOU DON'T GET TO RUIN THIS.

First off I love your post and second your signature is awesome. "...I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept..." is so damn accurate. Wish I could give you beans just for your signature.. 

Edited by Mopa
  • Like 1

First off I love your post and second your signature is awesome. "...I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept..." is so damn accurate. Wish I could give you beans just for your signature.. 

give beans to the creator and lead developer of the game

but i think you knew that so i lol'd