Outroduce

Solving problem of kill on sight - Vehicles.

Heard about placeholders, huh? Also go being socalist somewhere else...

Putting in working vehicles as a placeholder for working vehicles ... which are don't yet? good plan

Edited by Weedz

They key to reduce the part of KoS that evolves out of boredom is not more content but a harder game. The more unforgiving the environment is, the harder it is to stay alive and to acquire loot, the more people have to do to actually stay alive, the less bored they are, so they wont spend hours sniping, waiting for someone in electro etc.

My beans.. All Day  :beans:

The environment needs to be hard like a 16 year old with Mila Kunis sitting on his face.

Tweaking supersonic zombies has certainly changed the game a bit.  I'm sure there's already a few folks that have had to adjust their inherent mistrust and hatred of other players.

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Like 2

Yep, vehicles would really give us something more to do, while right not you just do nothing, i mean scavenge -> gear up -> go to (for example) Elektro -> kill everyone -> die -> repeat everything once again.

Tents/huts (servers with save, so we finally will have to play on ONE server) would give us even more things to do. But the best of all of time eaters would be fishing. GIVE US FISHING, FISHING IS A KEY TO EVERYTHING!

Only way to stop KOS in Dayz, would be to remove all weapons.  This same topic has been an ongoing discussion since the birth of dayz.

Seriously,am i missing something?

Because i really don't get the mentality behind theese people.

I am bored of the lack of content,thus i don't play for the moment.

That dosen't mean i should bitch about it and propose to add broken things.

When you clicked on the "i understand" button of the alpha disclaimer you should

have seen this coming.Be patient in order to have good solid content without an ocean of bugs.

All vehicles will do is give players another reason to shoot you in the face for it.

Will it give us something else to do? Yes

Will it stop KOS? Hell no!

When implemented, vehicles will not be an easy thing to acquire and when you do acquire one you will most likely be shot for the one you have. You WILL be shot for your bicycle!

Will KOS ever be gone? No, but making that KOSer have to think about taking that shot in the first place is a good way to diminish it. Zeds as a threat and getting swarmed by taking that shot is one thought that must be taken into consideration now.

And what if players have all end-game gear AND vehicles? Will they... run over on sight?

Oh joy...  Another KOS right/wrong thread covered up with the thought process that vehicles will change something.  Maybe laser beams and space ships will make people not want to kill each other.  How about trains?  How about helicopters?  All of these things will surely make the KOS "problem" go away...  Please go play yourself some Arma 3 or any other number of games where vehicles exist and witness the LOVE and lack of gunfire!  Take in the fresh air, maybe catch a hike or have a picnic!  Yes, VEHICLES ARE THE KEY!!!!!!

All vehicles will do is give players another reason to shoot you in the face for it.

Will it give us something else to do? Yes

Will it stop KOS? Hell no!

When implemented, vehicles will not be an easy thing to acquire and when you do acquire one you will most likely be shot for the one you have. You WILL be shot for your bicycle!

Will KOS ever be gone? No, but making that KOSer have to think about taking that shot in the first place is a good way to diminish it. Zeds as a threat and getting swarmed by taking that shot is one thought that must be taken into consideration now.

Nah dude,it is not going to be like that when the game releases.

Well,at least i don't think so,i hope that the team makes lone wolf survival so

tough,that the game forces cooperation between other players in order to survive.

Also on a side note,basebuilding alone should not be possible on Dayz in my opininon.

Oh joy...  Another KOS right/wrong thread covered up with the thought process that vehicles will change something.  Maybe laser beams and space ships will make people not want to kill each other.  How about trains?  How about helicopters?  All of these things will surely make the KOS "problem" go away...  Please go play yourself some Arma 3 or any other number of games where vehicles exist and witness the LOVE and lack of gunfire!  Take in the fresh air, maybe catch a hike or have a picnic!  Yes, VEHICLES ARE THE KEY!!!!!!

I only use my heavily armed Apache attack helicopter for U.N. peace missions in Arma 3! I rain peace bullets and peace missiles all over the enemy team from a mile in the sky. It makes them so happy they just lay down and take a pleasant nap.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

Another one of these threads, with a "SOLUTION" that makes no sense.

Its going to be one of those days, isn't it.. ?

• Like 2

m4's and double action rifles are not end game gear maybe for a farmer but vehicles would be nice to have.

Another one of these threads, with a "SOLUTION" that makes no sense.

Its going to be one of those days, isn't it.. ?

Beans because you have the ability to corectly spell dayz....dammit....i did it again :P

I only use my heavily armed Apache attack helicopter for U.N. peace missions in Arma 3! I rain peace bullets and peace missiles all over the enemy team from a mile in the sky. It makes them so happy they just lay down and take a pleasant nap.

It's a love fest - Apache's are like giant hugs.

Give players they PoS ( punch on sight ), give them a melee weapon they KoS, give them a weapon, they KoS from a distance, give them a scoped rifle, they KbyS ( kill beyond your sight ), give them cars, the RooS ( run over on sight )...................give m them nukes ( the NoS )..no stopping unless you remove everything that can be used as a weapon and the ability to punch.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Give players they PoS ( punch on sight ), give them a melee weapon they KoS, give them a weapon, they KoS from a distance, give them a scoped rifle, they KbyS ( kill beyond your sight ), give them cars, the RooS ( run over on sight )...................give m them nukes ( the NoS )..no stopping unless you remove everything that can be used as a weapon and the ability to punch.

Its an 'enemy of my enemy' dilemma IMO.  The solution to this non-existant problem is to give them a greater enemy to point their bangsticks at...

• Like 2

Its an 'enemy of my enemy' dilemma IMO.  The solution to this non-existant problem is to give them a greater enemy to point their bangsticks at...

Ding ding ding. We have a winrar

Make it an actual zombie survival game instead of a zombie ignorel game.

• Like 3

Oh man you have to be kidding. In the mod , whenever someone saw a Huey fly over the cities, it was like they all put their differences aside to take potshots at it. It was like a unified "Fuck you!"

Oh man you have to be kidding. In the mod , whenever someone saw a Huey fly over the cities, it was like they all put their differences aside to take potshots at it. It was like a unified "Fuck you!"

Lol yep even cars too if you heard one everyone around ignored each other and ran towards it so they could light it up like a rebel ambush

And what if players have all end-game gear AND vehicles? Will they... run over on sight?

Something like that or alternatively, shoot the car on sight.. Makes lil differance to me..

Hi,

There's full of suckers crying about getting killed by random players just for fun, but what to do after you gear up? You have to options - become hero or bandit, but as we know being hero is unthankful as f*ck because of those who choose second one. Adding some vehicles, even the placeholders would give players some new prospect over killing others. I know that some jerk will appear in this thread saying something like "Stop crying, this is alpha bla bla bla". Think about it. 

No greetings

Funniest thing I've seen all day.  In reality this will have about three effects.

1. Gearing up faster for DeathMatches once you have a working vehicle.

2. Squishing Bambies like someone already said.

3. Carjacking other people for their ride.

It would add some variety but most of it would just be a different variation on what people do now.