Sign in to follow this  
akafugitive

Remove hardcore crosshair

Remove crosshair for hard core servers  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should the crosshair be removed on hardcore servers?

• Yes - I would turn it off
    • No - I would keep it on
    • I play hardcore and it doesn't bother me one way or the other

Short simple post this time, I know it's been discussed but I'm interested in seeing the poll numbers.

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1

Actually do not see any problem with that, shooting "from femur" is not an option, because you will miss a lot = not effective. you will win more by simple right clicking

Should be removed from Regular and Hardcore. It's useless anyway.

• Like 1

I use the little dot to help grab items when finding things in Vicinity with Tab is misbehaving.

. Maybe remove the dot and add a hand symbol which only appears when the player has no weapons equipped to aid picking up loot?

• Like 5

Doesn't really matter. The ones who need it will paint one on their screen. (LAN fps experience)

• Like 2

i endorse this message/service.  anything that adds realism, and takes away kiddie gloves is a positive step in my opinion for hardcore mode.  at the moment the only difference between hardcore and reguler is no 3pp, time to make it a place for the men,

• Like 1

It's not useless. Some people dizziness without the crosshair. As well some people dizziness for low FOV.

You could also think of the dot as being your index finger. While shooting at targets that are within 100m it is very easy to just have your finger pointed forward at at the target and hit it.

Removing crosshairs in any shooting game is always a win, it's easier to point shoot and hit targets up to and a bit beyond the length of the NWAF barracks in ArmA 3 compared to ArmA 2 ( i am "handicapped" due to my TrackIR since the center of my view isn't always the point of impact  and i still hit ). Since DayZ SA is using the same stances and part of the new engine i assume it has the same weapon movement?

It's not useless. Some people dizziness without the crosshair. As well some people dizziness for low FOV.

That's a weird sickness especially with the excuse of a narrower fov in 1st person since the fov in 1st and 3rd are the same... :rolleyes:  And it has been mentioned many times that you could turn off headbob.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

Would vote Yes, BUT. we still need it to point out items to pick them up, don´t we ?

Would vote Yes, BUT. we still need it to point out items to pick them up, don´t we ?

Not really...it's not like you need pinpoint accuracy to get the action menu up. And even then you can still aim your weapon at the items if you can't find your center. It should be easy to know the screen center playing stiff necked ( without TrackIR ). I always hit my target with the first three shots when i was still playing CoD/BF using point shooting at the appropriate ranges of course and the RV engine doesn't have the artificial sway like the other action shooters which makes it even easier.

the dot should be there when you are not holding a weapon. but gone when not. iron sight should have to be the only reliable way to hit, unless you have a shotgun in the stairs. because its nearly impossible to miss with that weapon on close range. 

• Like 1

I use the little dot to help grab items when finding things in Vicinity with Tab is misbehaving.

. Maybe remove the dot and add a hand symbol which only appears when the player has no weapons equipped to aid picking up loot?

Thats how it works in Arma III when you remove the crosshair, so it should not be difficult to "borrow" that code tbh :)

So remove crosshair from Hardcore completely, and only show a "small hand" when hovering over items, but they can keep the crosshair on regular, dont care about that hehe, i dont play regular at all.

• Like 2

The dot emulates the spacial awareness that makes you capable of pointing at stuff. I could easily hit stuff 30 metres away with my service rifle by just pointing at it. In a game you don't have that 'feeling' and thats what the dot does.

The dot emulates the spacial awareness that makes you capable of pointing at stuff. I could easily hit stuff 30 metres away with my service rifle by just pointing at it. In a game you don't have that 'feeling' and thats what the dot does.

Its perfectly possible to do this without that immersion breaking dot in my face, ive done it in Arma for many years now mate, so thats not a valid excuse tbh.

The least they could do, is give us the option to turn it off tbh.

I understand not everybody wants it to be removed, but it should be a local setting, much like graphics tbh, as it doesnt affect any other players what so ever, its purely preference.

• Like 1

Its perfectly possible to do this without that immersion breaking dot in my face, ive done it in Arma for many years now mate, so thats not a valid excuse tbh.

The least they could do, is give us the option to turn it off tbh.

I understand not everybody wants it to be removed, but it should be a local setting, much like graphics tbh, as it doesnt affect any other players what so ever, its purely preference.

They can feel free to add an option to it. Like you said, doesn't affect others anyway. Forcing it gone is another matter.

They can feel free to add an option to it. Like you said, doesn't affect others anyway. Forcing it gone is another matter.

You can play on regular if you don't want to lose your crosshair, it's a valid demand from the hardcore players imo. As you said before you can hit up to 30m IRL you can also do the same in game, you should play more often to develop a feel for your virtual body. Some people just can't develop awareness in a virtual world.

Thats how it works in Arma III when you remove the crosshair, so it should not be difficult to "borrow" that code tbh :)

So remove crosshair from Hardcore completely, and only show a "small hand" when hovering over items, but they can keep the crosshair on regular, dont care about that hehe, i dont play regular at all.

• Like 1