supermarco

Atoc issue with AMD card

Just install new drivers over your old ones, dude.

Edit:  Don't actually do this, I'm just fucking around with my buddy SausageFace-a-fist.

That's terrible advice!  That's like saying "just format your drive and start over."

• Like 2

That's terrible advice!  That's like saying "just format your drive and start over."

In you case I strongly suggest formatting your drive, SausageKingOfChicago. I may be able to help you, but first I will have to go out and pick up the Elephant's brother in law at the Kindergarten, because I have an exam I have to pass.

• Like 2

In you case I strongly suggest formatting your drive, SausageKingOfChicago. I may be able to help you, but first I will have to go out and pick up the Elephant's brother in law at the Kindergarten, because I have an exam I have to pass.

Probably yes.

tumblr_mhpon7TWdu1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1

Hey there folks,

unfortunately this is not our problem to fix. Issues with overriding application settings in external software (gpu drivers) can hardly be considered a bug in the game. This really is up to AMD to look into.

• Like 4

then the only thing that we can do its push it amd to fix it in this tweet 

Good lord, I can't believe my topic is still alive, I gave up for a fix to this problem, but now at least we now that it's coming from AMD !

Thanks for all the answer btw !

Has anyone heard anything else about this? Recently switched from a nVidia card to AMD and this is extremely annoying.

Yesterday I played with the settings to see what my card is capable of. Recently I read an article about down sampling, so why not give it a try? I noticed that as soon as I set the render quality to 200% (4k), the dither or grass grid vanished and alpha (transparency) has been applied to grass and trees. Unfortunately the changes cost me some fps. I will try it again with 150% and see how that impacts. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I have played with a 5770 and a 6870 and had no such problems. I use the default settings in ATI Catalyst ..

Someone has some news about it ? I still got the problem after updating to the catalyst 14.7 beta too.

Sorry for up this topic, but does someone know if they are working on it ? or the twitter message was only there to not giving a fuck..

It's definitely an AMD issue. I used to have this problem in Arma 2 with my old HD 6970...

Nvidia master race!

I had this with my three way 7900 xfire setup, just had to make a few adjustments. I wondered why they hadn't every released a driver update and now that its been months on nvidia i keep wondering this

Sorry for up this topic, but does someone know if they are working on it ? or the twitter message was only there to not giving a fuck..

No idea and I don't even care anymore, my 7870 died and I switched to a GTX 970 since they were unable to fix it.

• Like 1

Damn, that's pretty nasty because I have the same problem with Arma 3, and it begin to be super annoying now !

I can play, but still.. :(

I just installed the latest catalyst driver with the hope that it would be a fix in it, annnnnd no... still the same bug.

I just looked at the release note and there is no mention of the bug on the VR engine...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalyst14-9WINReleaseNotes.aspx

And inside the known issue, there is nothing about Arma 3 or Dayz...

Known Issues

• [404829]: Horizontal flashing lines on second screen in a clone mode with V-Sync on using AMD Mobility Graphics with Switchable Intel Graphics
  • [404508]: Display takes a long time to redraw the screen after an S4 cycle
  • [405432]: Mantle driver will TDR when running Star Swarm on the loading screen
  • [404660]: GPU gets stuck in a low power state after it was previously stressed to max power
  • [403032]: Severe flickering observed on default launch of SimCity 4
  • [403449]: Playing any media sample in full screen in the 2x1/1x2 Fill SLS configuration leads to TDR
  • [400573]: Intermittent application hang observed while launching Aliens vs. Predator
  • [400693]: While running performance test, crash is observed with fault module atidxx32.dll
  • [401386]: Severe corruption and flashing light observed with specific game settings in Grid 2
  • [401289]: Flashing lights in Batman Arkham Origins game main menu

However on the page there is a report form, so I did send one explaining the problem, but it could be better if you guys could fill it too !

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979

Turn Alpha to Coverage off in game and this annoying effect goes away. It impacts overall graphics a bit but it's far less distracting. I'm still tweaking my graphic settings but I least I don't have to look at that ugliness.

Yeah, is an Alpha to Coverage issue... i don't think AMD cards likes that stuff.

I'm considering switching back to a nVidia card specifically because of this issue as Dayz is currently the game I primarily play.  AMD just doesn't seem to be as prompt with bug fixes as nVidia.  I think until AMD gets some feedback about this from Bohemia, AMD isn't going to do anything at least until the game is out of Alpha.  

I'm considering switching back to a nVidia card specifically because of this issue as Dayz is currently the game I primarily play.  AMD just doesn't seem to be as prompt with bug fixes as nVidia.  I think until AMD gets some feedback about this from Bohemia, AMD isn't going to do anything at least until the game is out of Alpha.  

I am close to sell my r9 280x to buy the equivalent from nvidia... but I don't know...

I have R9 290 but I also think, that since Nvidia is bigger and has larger share of market, devs often tailor games mostly for Nvidia's cards resulting in less troubles for Nvidia users.

That said, I love AMD/ATI for price/performance. When I was buying my R9 290, the only Nvidia card I could get for the same money was GFX 770 and that has A LOT weaker performance.

Wish we lived in an ideal world, where only difference between GPU's was their raw strenght and price. No proprietary techs like PhysFX, Gsync, TressFX, Mantle etc.

That said, I love AMD/ATI for price/performance. 

This right here.  You get way better bang for your buck with AMD.  I also get the pixel background but I can mask it by turning post processing on.

This right here.  You get way better bang for your buck with AMD.  I also get the pixel background but I can mask it by turning post processing on.

Hmm yes in Arma 2 having Radeon maybe is not the best option.

Luckily I have zero problems in Arma 3 and most of the other games.

If Nvidia and AMD/ATI costed the same in the same performance class, I would most likely chose Nvidia though.

• Like 1

Hmm yes in Arma 2 having Radeon maybe is not the best option.

Luckily I have zero problems in Arma 3 and most of the other games.

If Nvidia and AMD/ATI costed the same in the same performance class, I would most likely chose Nvidia though.

The last Nvidia card I bought was a 560ti.  After that went back to AMD as it just wasn't worth and extra $300 for another 10-15 fps on their higher end cards.

Has anybody else noticed, that the dither effect has vanished since the new driver?