I was thinking poncho too (which should double into a basha, or tent, that would be brilliant) :)

Army-Basha.jpg

great idea man fucking take my beans

I personally feel the fact that it now makes you wet and your cloths and such wet to be a massive down fall.

What????  :huh: I didn't know water did that..you should claim it as a bug...srsly.

• Like 1

What????  :huh: I didn't know water did that..you should claim it as a bug...srsly.

Nope I just tested it in RL. It started raining and I ran outside and now I'm wet too! I think it's working as intended :)

• Like 1

yeah i know what i said seems dumb should have said it in another way i mean its a game and having to sit in cover with little to nothing to do takes away from the gameplay

yeah i know what i said seems dumb should have said it in another way i mean its a game and having to sit in cover with little to nothing to do takes away from the gameplay

I've tried to be helpful and you have been informed 2-3 times so last time to be clear.

You will need a raincoat and similar waterproof attire if you want to move about in the rain.

You will need a campfire or other heat source to dry you off if you decide to move without proper protection.

I lick windows and can understand this what's your excuse?

I've tried to be helpful and you have been informed 2-3 times so last time to be clear.

You will need a raincoat and similar waterproof attire if you want to move about in the rain.

You will need a campfire or other heat source to dry you off if you decide to move without proper protection.

I lick windows and can understand this what's your excuse?

i have heard you loud and clear and i have already said raincoats dont work and when you look at you charecter the raincoat doesnt actually cover any of your gear so does that mean anthing that isnt in your raincoat would get wet anyway? that still doesnt change the fact you will eventually need to sit still and do nothing by your fire

i have heard you loud and clear and i have already said raincoats dont work and when you look at you charecter the raincoat doesnt actually cover any of your gear so does that mean anthing that isnt in your raincoat would get wet anyway? that still doesnt change the fact you will eventually need to sit still and do nothing by your fire

Well based on that what are you worried about rain doesn't do anything except put a damp indicator on your stuff, other then writing in the inventory screen it has no effect.

Well based on that what are you worried about rain doesn't do anything except put a damp indicator on your stuff, other then writing in the inventory screen it has no effect.

as i have said im not worried right now im talking about when they actually make it so it ruins/has some sort of negative effect on you gear as i have also said im more interested in peoples opinions on how it is going to effect game play it is obviously going to effect everyone differently  me personally it might effect alot more then most although i have over 200hrs racked up on the game as of now and in the future im not going to be able to play much more then an hour or 2 a week so if i have to sit in a house for even 20minutes of that it kind of greatly effects the amount of trouble i can get into see my point?

But it's part of the game of survival even if it's boring...you want to experience it do what you want. Nobody stops you from running outside and getting wet like Jexter did right now.

But it's part of the game of survival even if it's boring...you want to experience it do what you want. Nobody stops you from running outside and getting wet like Jexter did right now.

you guys are arguing about something you almost agree on. If we are for realism, sitting in front of a fire won't really dry you off. You will need too strip down and hang the clothes up for a good 8-16hrs. The designers aren't going to make such a stupid decision, so it's just aguess as to how 'real' they tweak this aspect of the game. If they fail to put in military ponchos yet leave all the other military gear in-game, then that is a major fail. The US fought Vietnam which was just one giant multi-year thunderstorm, and except for a few cases of jungle rot, we did ok. Rain should have minimal impact on gameplay, imo.

They should then be making the raincoats able to be put on over top of whatever you are wearing!

In fact any coat should be able to go over a shirt? who takes there shirt off ...to wear a coat lol

A raincoat,is meant to be wore over top of your normal cloths

nobody in the real world takes off there shirts and or whatever to put a raincoat on!

Think of it as the first step of a new system and not the entire system. In the future you will very much want a raincoat to wear if it starts raining as getting soaked will begin to make you sick,

you guys are arguing about something you almost agree on. If we are for realism, sitting in front of a fire won't really dry you off. You will need too strip down and hang the clothes up for a good 8-16hrs. The designers aren't going to make such a stupid decision, so it's just aguess as to how 'real' they tweak this aspect of the game. If they fail to put in military ponchos yet leave all the other military gear in-game, then that is a major fail. The US fought Vietnam which was just one giant multi-year thunderstorm, and except for a few cases of jungle rot, we did ok. Rain should have minimal impact on gameplay, imo.

I will contend that Vietnam is in the tropic's I've lived in that part of the world (northern Queensland, Australia) and while it's very wet the rain has little effect because it's still 30/C 86/F degrees outside.  However in the colder parts of the world rain soaking you through will sap you fast as water absorbs heat much faster the air add to that the standard wind chill and the fact that your wet you'd be getting hypothermia very quickly.  Even mild Hypothermia takes a considerable time to recover from given that Chenrus is in a much colder climate.  Presumed from being able to see breath during the day, the effect of rain would be potentially fatal to the unprepared who ignore it for too long.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 3

Yes I completely agree, being forced into cover for an extended period of time would be pretty shitty and once I'd eaten I'd be fairly much bored waiting for it to stop.  I very much doubt this would be the case in however and while I've not read anything specific about it, I'm sure they will add more wet weather gear and get the raincoats working properly before they start making the cold kill you.

Perhaps for those moments the books will have a use in the game :)

Yesterday I have the chance to play and test the new patch. Twice I have to run back to cover to prevent to geting wet from the rain. Since I was testing the new stuff I was in a very low-pop server...I guess that if you usually play in low-pop servers eventually will get bored waiting to the rain pass over, but if you are in a high -pop server, well the history could go differently when two people seek shelter at the same place... specially if some day will see a 100 people server. 

But that is wishful thinking I guess.

-M.

Check this out!

tumblr_n2sgxr7qPk1tugd7xo1_1280.jpg

Actually i like the rain. It realy adds to the athmosphere imho. Only these messages are anoying. Why did they implement that if even the raincoat doesn't do a thing and beeing soaked doesn't do anything either? But i don't complain here. I just wonder. I like the Thunders though!

• Like 1

Perhaps for those moments the books will have a use in the game :)

Yesterday I have the chance to play and test the new patch. Twice I have to run back to cover to prevent to geting wet from the rain. Since I was testing the new stuff I was in a very low-pop server...I guess that if you usually play in low-pop servers eventually will get bored waiting to the rain pass over, but if you are in a high -pop server, well the history could go differently when two people seek shelter at the same place... specially if some day will see a 100 people server. 

But that is wishful thinking I guess.

-M.

"hey how's it going man, come in come in, it's pouring out there, sit down there by the fire and dry yourself off, some nice wild boar stew, with green pepper and tomato cooking, you're more than welcome to some when it's ready"

"Get REKIT Motherfucker!!!!!!" *******sprays entire 60 round mag*******

YOU ARE DEAD

*closes game*

*opens forum*

new thread - WHY I'M NOW KOS BANDIT!!! grrr grrr grrr

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 4

What purpose do you have for running around in the rain? In real life, when it starts to rain and I am camping, I go inside my shelter and relax for a couple of hours. In game, you could use the time to cook, perform weapon/gear maintenance, or just...relax and rest, both of which are critical in a real survival situation. 

I don't really understand WHY people would want to move about in inclement weather. Waste of energy in my opinion.

"hey how's it going man, come in come in, it's pouring out there, sit down there by the fire and dry yourself off, some nice wild boar stew, with green pepper and tomato cooking, you're more than welcome to some when it's ready"

"Get REKIT Motherfucker!!!!!!" *******sprays entire 60 round mag*******

YOU ARE DEAD

*closes game*

*opens forum*

new thread - WHY I'M NOW KOS BANDIT!!! grrr grrr grrr

Enough times where enemies seeked shelter in the same house only to find out the enemy already made camp there. Both sides didn't start a fight because they were already worn out and went their way the other morning without KoSing eachother. There even was an occassion where in WW1 a soldier stood up from his trench on christmas yelled merry christmas to the other side. The response was everyone came out and spent the day in peace as if they were never on a battlefield only to slaughter eachother the next day...there are a lot of possibilities besides KoSing eachother on every encounter.

• Like 2

Enough times where enemies seeked shelter in the same house only to find out the enemy already made camp there. Both sides didn't start a fight because they were already worn out and went their way the other morning without KoSing eachother. There even was an occassion where in WW1 a soldier stood up from his trench on christmas yelled merry christmas to the other side. The response was everyone came out and spent the day in peace as if they were never on a battlefield only to slaughter eachother the next day...there are a lot of possibilities besides KoSing eachother on every encounter.

Exactly. Human beings aren't totally kill-tastic monsters all the time, especially when there is a benefit to cooperating. It is just in this game where people go about stroking their assault-rifle-shaped erections constantly.

• Like 1

true story..

On a cold wet Christmas eve a lone survivor started singing "Silent night" on Direct chat at the north west air field and a bloke ran out of the fire station shouting "Get Rekit Motherfucker!!!!!!" blasting an entire 60 round mag  and killing the singer. They shut the game and came straight to the forums and made a post about how they were now a KOS bandit, search dates and look at the fist post on Christmas Day in general discussion!! 

ps - it's true check.

pps - hones!!t

Edited by Calibre

If you think that's bad, OP, you're probably not going to like how the rain will effect your temperature in the future. Essentially forcing you to warm up inside or by a fire, and also to dry your clothes. If you don't. you can run the chance of getting sick.

I can see it now:

-----------------------

You and your group decide to stay out in the rain for a bit, because one of your bros is exactly like the OP. Rather than hear him cry over the mic, you decide to just let him have his way. (There will always be one of these guys.) Next thing you know, everyone is soaked and temperatures are dropping. The group decides that drying off and warming up is a better idea. And your homie, who is exactly like the OP, cries about it.

You're in an apartment now, with the boys. OP is complaining that they should be moving instead. Everyone is drying their stuff and warming up. Maybe someone is cooking some soup. When it happens... A cough from one of the group members. Someone is sick. Antibiotics are low and there isn't enough face masks to go around. We now have more problems.

That when OP reveals his brilliant plan:

"We must kill the sick man...", he says.

-----------------------

Yep, just wait for it.

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 2

What purpose do you have for running around in the rain? In real life, when it starts to rain and I am camping, I go inside my shelter and relax for a couple of hours. In game, you could use the time to cook, perform weapon/gear maintenance, or just...relax and rest, both of which are critical in a real survival situation. 

I don't really understand WHY people would want to move about in inclement weather. Waste of energy in my opinion.

It might be worthwhile in the game to go looting in the rain if everyone else is hunkered down.

IMHO, weather effects is one of the things that will make this game great for the people who like what the game is supposed to be.  The only people who will hate it are the KoS kiddies who want to grab a sniper rifle and turn it into Call of Duty.

I means Chernarus looks like the sort of place where survival was a challenge BEFORE the zombie apocalypse.  Dealing with weather, staying dry, hydrated, fed, keeping your equipment in order, not getting sick or injured should be a struggle if there wasn't a single other player or zombie around.  And I don't mean in a "OMG I opened a door and my legs broke!" sort of way.

• Like 1

If you think that's bad, OP, you're probably not going to like how the rain will effect your temperature in the future. Essentially forcing you to warm up inside or by a fire, and also to dry your clothes. If you don't. you can run the chance of getting sick.

I can see it now:

-----------------------

You and your group decide to stay out in the rain for a bit, because one of your bros is exactly like the OP. Rather than hear him cry over the mic, you decide to just let him have his way. (There will always be one of these guys.) Next thing you know, everyone is soaked and temperatures are dropping. The group decides that drying off and warming up is a better idea. And your homie, who is exactly like the OP, cries about it.

You're in an apartment now, with the boys. OP is complaining that they should be moving instead. Everyone is drying their stuff and warming up. Maybe someone is cooking some soup. When it happens... A cough from one of the group members. Someone is sick. Antibiotics are low and there isn't enough face masks to go around. We now have more problems.

That when OP reveals his brilliant plan:

"We must kill the sick man...", he says.

-----------------------

Yep, just wait for it.

wow great story not really if you read more of the post you would see it is completely about what the rain is going to be like and the fact it is going to force players inside posibbly and people who unfortunitly cant play 24/7 like myself will be left behind on actual play time due to rain forcing them to pretty much do nothing or risk their gear/charecter 

wow great story not really if you read more of the post you would see it is completely about what the rain is going to be like and the fact it is going to force players inside posibbly and people who unfortunitly cant play 24/7 like myself will be left behind on actual play time due to rain forcing them to pretty much do nothing or risk their gear/charecter 

I think you're playing the wrong game then. Maybe WarZ would be more to your liking. No rain in there...

My balistic helmet is completely soaked

I'm singing in the rain

I'm no longer singing in the rain

I'm singing in the rain

I'm singing in the rain

I'm singing in the rain

Your pristine balistic helmet is soaking wet

xx pilgrim

• Like 3