instynct

What is good about this game?

wtf? I don't make excuses, i tried to explain why these things are the way they are at the moment in my opinion.

And I read the whole thread (mostley because it's funny, thanks to highlander, caboose and the others),a nd the only thing you said "why alpha is not an excuse for said reasons in my thread" was:

And now read the first line of my post again:

So...if I'm mistaken, sry, but please show me in that case, where else you explained why Alpha is not an excuse...?

Edit: Or...you didn't read my post an just looked at the Alf picture?^^

No you edited your post after I replied to try to make yourself sound smarter, nice try.

No you edited your post after I replied to try to make yourself sound smarter, nice try.

Please stop making an ass out of yourself^^

If a post is edited, it says something like: "Edited by LaughingJack, Today, 08:33 AM." at the bottom automatically.

But the post you referred to (the one with the Alf pic, since it's the only one that was posted before your answer) does NOT have such a remark.

What do we conclude? It was not edited.

What else do we conclude? You didn't even read the post as I assumed.

What does that say about you, apart from the obvious prove that you are a liar?

Edit: This is an edit. Look at the bottom.

Apart from that...if you quoted it and it says the same as my "edited" post...how the f should I edit YOUR post as well?

Edited by LaughingJack

Please stop making an ass out of yourself^^

If a post is edited, it says something like: "Edited by LaughingJack, Today, 08:33 AM." at the bottom automatically.

But the post you referred to (the one with the Alf pic, since it's the only one that was posted before your answer) does NOT have such a remark.

What do we conclude? It was not edited.

What else do we conclude? You didn't even read the post as I assumed.

What does that say about you, apart from the obvious prove that you are a liar?

Edit: This is an edit. Look at the bottom.

Apart from that...if you quoted it and it says the same as my "edited" post...how the f should I edit YOUR post as well?

You're off topic on my thread please stop posting. And anyways yes you did edit your post you can't hide it from me I see everything. Nice try though.

Edited by Andromeda

wow this thread just devolved into preschool....

completely useless thread except for the humor value and the alf picture. i commend you, LaughingJack, for your attempts to impart some sense of reason with regards to the OP. futile though...similar to explaining the theory of relativity to a bag full of wet mice....

i have yet to try the recent stable version, so i cannot speak to those issues, but the "game" has already provided me with over 100 hours (not much i know) of good times, fear, frustration, anxiety, etc. unlike any other game i've played. for me, thats what is good about this game.   

edit--gomeowmeow--i love the code too...

Edited by thznutz

ah! another person who doesn't understand the concept.

they needed to do that to start collect funding for this game. they need to release something when you do that in Steam Early Access program. now they have more money than they ever hoped to get, so only NOW the development can truly start going forward.

geez, people. you really don't read anything, do you?

They got all the funding they needed for this game when DayZ mod raised the sales of Arma 2 like 12500% from like ~16,000 to over 2 million.

ITT:

Guy mad he wasted $30 and Bohemia cheerleaders.

• Like 3

They got all the funding they needed for this game when DayZ mod raised the sales of Arma 2 like 12500% from like ~16,000 to over 2 million.

Slightly exaggerated but yeah.  The mod doubled the Arma2 Units sold in 2-3 months.  This was after the game had been out for a good long while.

I had the impression they were working on the SA while I was playing the mod.  I was sadly mistaken.

and they spent it on arma 3... 

aw hell....he dropped mike on us...fucking hilarious man...you sir have my beans!!

Slightly exaggerated but yeah.  The mod doubled the Arma2 Units sold in 2-3 months.  This was after the game had been out for a good long while.

I had the impression they were working on the SA while I was playing the mod.  I was sadly mistaken.

It actually increased the sales 500% in the first ~2 months and that was before it even got super mainstream popular. http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/17/day-z-mod-drives-arma-2-sales-up-500/

After articles like that came out is when it hit the #1 seller spot on steam and stayed there for like 2 straight months. I think the final number was like 2000% increase in sales.

and they spent it on arma 3... 

Yeah I'm sure they made Arma 3 in the year between DayZ mod release and Arma 3 release ....

Edited by Weedz

...and Its still the most fun I've had gaming in years.

Don't miss the forest for the trees...

It's awesome, you get to wait 2 weeks for an over due patch then you get to look at "wait for host". It's some of the most intense and life changing game play I have ever experienced. 

• Like 2

You're off topic on my thread please stop posting. And anyways yes you did edit your post you can't hide it from me I see everything. Nice try though.

Now now, see what we have here. A really good troll, respect, I don't get trolled at such a good level often. But kudos for making me actually believe that you are that 0815 moron that you played - respect.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

umm yes you kind of do to understand it and they are doing fairly well, their making a game pretty much from scratch and rewriting all the old code that is still there they are just using the same engine as a nice base. before you insult someone at least know what the argument is about(and when you know you cant win a argument, correct their grammar)

int main(){
int Guess;
int smart = 1;
int dumb = 2;
SetConsoleTextAttribute(GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE), 10);
cout << "type 2 if SupermotoJunkie is a idiot, type 1 if he is smart: ";

while (true){
cin >> Guess;

if (Guess == smart){
cout << "nope he is dumb and so are you\n";
cout << "\n";
}
if (Guess == dumb){
cout << "correct, your smart\n";
cout << "\n";
}
}

}

You could not be trying any harder to sound like you know what you're talking about. So adorable.

PS you should take an English class sometime so that you don't look retarded when you call me an idiot while making numerous basic errors in your post that you should have learned not to do as a child.

Edited by SupermotoJunkie
  • Like 1

To further prove my point, this last patch that took a month is actually worse then the previous patch. Nice engine huh.

• Like 1

You could not be trying any harder to sound like you know what you're talking about. So adorable.

PS you should take an English class sometime so that you don't look retarded when you call me an idiot while making numerous basic errors in your post that you should have learned not to do as a child.

yea sry google chrome does not have spell check and sorry for my errors i didnt go back and fix mistakes, dont worry its ok to be slow, after all i see your on a ktm. thats punishment enough

To further prove my point, this last patch that took a month is actually worse then the previous patch. Nice engine huh.

No update for a month: "Waaaah! No updates, Dean abandoned the project, game is vaporware!"

Update: "OMG, there are bugs in my alpha, ruined game, abandon all hope!"

You don't have to be a programmer to know that they suck at programming. You can tell by playing the game. PS before you criticize someone you should learn to spell <3

Oh you can tell by playing the game can you. here let's try something....

You don't have to be a programmer to know that they suck at programming. You can tell by playing the game. PS before you criticize someone you should learn to CODE!!!!<3
Edited by Jexter

funny things to say about a project that isn't quite a game yet... oh and everything you mentioned is being resolved in the current experimental build. was there anything else?

edit for realistic expectations: we hope its all being resolved in the current exp build - most of it was in the last exp build.

The answer lies somewhere between this reply and the OP's frustrations.

A lot of the knocks on DayZ are slated to be fixed throughout ongoing development. And if the WarZ experience made you a forever-pessimist, I feel bad for you and somewhat empathize....

Edited by UbuntuFoo

This does my head in! As the post title says "What's good about this game?"

Well it is an excellent idea as the mod has shown us and 1.6 million people have voted by buying into Alfa standalone.

It doesn't hold your hand you can do what ever the hell you want and play however you want.

The map is huge with more detail added all the time.

Player interactions are entertaining or truly frustrating depending who they are.

And the more they add to the game the better it will get.

When it isn't too buggy it is better than the majority of finished games I have bought. And it's not even finished yet.

What we are paying are the FOUNDATIONS of the game!

Just imagine how good it will be in beta and final release.

Admittedly the issues they are having are frustrating at the moment but hey there is more to life than DayZ check it out every now and then if it plays with no problems play the hell out of it which I definitely will. If not I don't know go get laid, go out with some mates have a laugh a few beers whatever. You know live something that resembles a life!

No update for a month: "Waaaah! No updates, Dean abandoned the project, game is vaporware!"

Update: "OMG, there are bugs in my alpha, ruined game, abandon all hope!"

One could only hope dean would abandon this train wreck.

One could only hope dean would abandon this train wreck.

He already announced he is at the end of the year because the engine sucks basically and he isn't even doing anything anymore but yell at people.

Edited by Weedz