instynct

What is good about this game?

Can you make it better? Can you code the game better than they did?

PS. Think twice about insulting the developers, you might get a suspension and this thread graved. <3

I think he is saying they suck for people who do it for a living. He most likely does not do it for a living so it does not matter if he can do it better. 

Saying it should be better is not even close to related to his skill of programming. 

At least imo. I think the game has a lot of problems and yes, a lot of those will be fixed by release but I don't see some things ever being fixed. Desync for example.. 

Edited by Mopa
  • Like 1

You don't have to be a programmer to know that they suck at programming. You can tell by playing the game. PS before you criticize someone you should learn to spell <3

>Says a person should learn to spell before criticizing someone, criticizes a dev teams programming and doesn't know jack shit about programming, all in the same post.

lmfao

Edited by Amias Free

>Says a person should learn to spell before criticizing someone, criticizes a dev teams programming and doesn't know jack shit about programming, all in the same post.

lmfao

When did I say I didn't know anything about programming? I'm a software developer. I do this for a living. See above where I said I could do better with $50 million and a dev team.

Generally if you're going to insult someone or say they are wrong you don't want to sound like an uneducated child, so spelling and grammar are helpful in achieving that.

Edited by SupermotoJunkie

When did I say I didn't know anything about programming? I'm a software developer. I do this for a living. See above where I said I could do better with $50 million and a dev team.

Generally if you're going to insult someone or say they are wrong you don't want to sound like an uneducated child, so spelling and grammar are helpful in achieving that.

You're a programmer?  Me too!!!

• Like 1

Op is right there is nothing the alpha does well. Heck theres nothing in standalone that's better than the mod or the mod for the mods.

I have hope however the team is growing and Arma vets are joining the team now.

These Arma vets hopefully bring the heat and fix some of the terrible things such as the gunplay and unrealistic qualities of the guns

• Like 2

Op is right there is nothing the alpha does well. Heck theres nothing in standalone that's better than the mod or the mod for the mods.

I have hope however the team is growing and Arma vets are joining the team now.

These Arma vets hopefully bring the heat and fix some of the terrible things such as the gunplay and unrealistic qualities of the guns

OFP vets >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ARMA vets :D

True but I doubt many are still around ofp was back in 2001 no?

You're a programmer?  Me too!!!

What a mature response. Really makes me value your posts and opinions.

I can give you a thousand possible and viable reasons why this current patch was delayed, and I'm only a freshmen comp-sci student.

Code is complicated people, quit getting pissy over delayed progress.

• Like 2

True but I doubt many are still around ofp was back in 2001 no?

You cant call yourself an arma vet if you never played ofp, it was the first of the series..

Please tell us all the software you developed and then we'll give you our honest opinion on what we think of it.  :)

• Like 1

funny things to say about a project that isn't quite a game yet... oh and everything you mentioned is being resolved in the current experimental build. was there anything else?

edit for realistic expectations: we hope its all being resolved in the current exp build - most of it was in the last exp build.

hOPE DIES LAST

Please tell us all the software you developed and then we'll give you our honest opinion on what we think of it.   :)

He's the creator of Flappy Bird

I R GAI WHU GON T3ACH U LESS0N!!11!!!!1!!!

You cant call yourself an arma vet if you never played ofp, it was the first of the series..

I did well I played the campaign like 6 hours and spent hours in the editor messing with the add-ons nothing beats fighting 10 t800s from terminator vs godzilla.

Please tell us all the software you developed and then we'll give you our honest opinion on what we think of it.   :)

That would be off topic and against the rules. Guess you'll just have to get over yourself and grow up.

That would be off topic and against the rules. Guess you'll just have to get over yourself and grow up.

NOUNOUNOUNOUNOUNOU!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!

Edited by Geckofrog7

He's the creator of Flappy Bird

Well clearly BiS should hire this guy immediately.  He is a total genius with all the physics and realism involved in Flappy Bird.  Hell, he is beyond a genius.  He is a prodigy. 

I did well I played the campaign like 6 hours and spent hours in the editor messing with the add-ons nothing beats fighting 10 t800s from terminator vs godzilla.

Lol didn't we all...

I remember gathering up 60+ players and taking over nogova. :D

Oh look, it's another know-it-all who believes every step of game development is just adding in perfectly working assests into a fully functional game.

These forums are basically a hell pit of the screaming damned. It's so clear why Dean doesn't post jack diddly squat here because people would probably scream until they got diarrhea.

This whole thread is tl;dr, so I'm just going to go head and agree with Demoth entirely. Don't point out problems without a viable solution.

do people like this think the game is finished?

Edited by DesertSage