alleycat

Remove all long firearms = best kill on sight deterrent.

This should be a good shoot on sight deterrent:

Remove all ranged firearms and increase the availability of pistols. A player with a pistol will be able to easily kill another lone player if he can sneak up on him, however a group of 2-3 is far riskier and therefore a deterrent. And if there was no way to snipe players from 100+m with a rifle most kill on sight would disappear because of the added risk of close combat.

I ll happily lose the mosin in exchange for a better shoot on sigth deterrent and some pistols.

Because the developers fail to see the glory of nametags (which would add consequence to KOS), no available rifles would be a softer deterrent because there is far more added risk opening fire on 3 axe wielding players on 20m range than it is with a rifle 200m away.

Making rifles only rarer wont work. No matter how rare mosins are, there will be at least one guy sitting on a default sniper spot per server.

Ain't going to help one bit and it will anger some snipers.

this game has no content

so deathmatch until content is added

do whatever you want

you will still be shot at

players need a rush in this boring, boring game

• Like 4

Yes, please do.. so I can rule the land with my M4 Magpul Acog. 

Derp is non-kos derp thread.. and highly unoriginal. 

• Like 1

Never seen a sniper...

We see you

Edited by bfisher
  • Like 2

We see you

true dat

And no to this thread... Don't like being sniped? Then don't go to where we do snipe! Some tips would be 1. Don't go on full servers (Duh) 2. Serpentine everywhere near the coast and 3. Don't have a weapon out or try to hide, put your weapon  away and your fists up and double tap WW as they will save you more than shooting back, and don't hide as we will just wait until you come out.

No.

Your lack of intelligence has required us to deem you a threat to others.

Your public execution is scheduled this evening.

Glory to Arstotka.

• Like 7

IMO the best kos deterrent would be adding more zombies, or some real threats/occupations for players OTHER than players.

If everybody kills eachother, i think it's because you have nothing else to do (not a lot of zombies, not really threatening zombies, no hunting etc...). When you have all the high value stuff, weapons, ammo, zombies are basically nothing more than a nuisance, only the players are a real threat and something that changes of the " kill zeds get in loot get out", plus if zombies were a real, permanent danger, players would be more inclinated to group up as it'd be easier to survive this way.

• Like 2

Ive had people try to KOS with axes and crowbars far more often than with firearms.

I also believe most of my kills have been with fire axes. I don't waste bullets on idiots who come at me with melee weapons.

Edited by Franchi

$5 says OP is the type of player who stands by a fountain for 45 seconds pressing tab every time he drinks to make sure he's not stuffed.

Gets sniped.

• Like 1

This should be a good shoot on sight deterrent:

Why does a certain playstyle need a deterent? Because you dont like it?

Remove all ranged firearms and increase the availability of pistols. A player with a pistol will be able to easily kill another lone player if he can sneak up on him, however a group of 2-3 is far riskier and therefore a deterrent. And if there was no way to snipe players from 100+m with a rifle most kill on sight would disappear because of the added risk of close combat.

So, your basically inferring that people who kos can only do it from far away?

That's funny. You need to watch some more youtube videos..

Because the developers fail to see the glory of nametags (which would add consequence to KOS), no available rifles would be a softer deterrent because there is far more added risk opening fire on 3 axe wielding players on 20m range than it is with a rifle 200m away.

Name tags?  How bout a giant red arrow blinking in the sky over any bandits so you can know where they are....

• Like 3

Removing all players would be far more effective. 100% no more KoS. Guaranteed.

• Like 5

Without KOS this game would be boring...

KOS brings the tension. KOS brings the stress of survival.

Zeds bring levity.. and grief. 

If this was PvE only, nobody would be here.. it would get stale so fast from a lack of any real threat that people, even those that love the PvE part, would get bored and move on. 

• Like 5

Or they could just add a couple of no PVP servers...

I'm sure there will be when they have private servers. Right now, though, with everyone on the public hive, it would be unfair.

Or they could just add a couple of no PVP servers...

Im sorry.. I just.... 

2421014-5421553021-Vomit.gif

When I read that.. no offense. It was a gut reaction... 

People will kill each other for no reasons even if the only weapon in the game is their fists.

People are dicks, and in dayz, they are uber, douchebag dicks,

get used to it.

Or they could make guns much more inaccurate at range. There is a reason why military and police snipers are so highly trained. It's HARD. A lone survivor who just washed up on the beach should not be able to hit a target a half a mile away.

Or they could make guns much more inaccurate at range. There is a reason why military and police snipers are so highly trained. It's HARD. A lone survivor who just washed up on the beach should not be able to hit a target a half a mile away.

There should be limits to the amount of artificial tampering.

If anything, guns should be realistically accurate rather than artificially trash. 

There should be limits to the amount of artificial tampering.

If anything, guns should be realistically accurate rather than artificially trash. 

Are they actually realistically accurate? There are tons of factors in a long distance shot which the game isn't currently taking into account. I don't believe you could so easily shoot that far.

• Like 1

This.

& make ammo a scarce resource. Make people value their bullets.

At the moment on my 3pp character (my 'doesn't give a sh*t' character) I've got over 120 Mosin rounds without even trying to gear up. 120 potential brutal, bloody, cold-blooded murders. But I'm too nice for that...

• Like 3