Sign in to follow this  
Upstart2010

..::I NEVER SEARCH FOR LOOT IN THESE BUILDINGS::..

As the title Suggests, I'm going to screenshot buildings which I don't bother searching and which I suspect just don't spawn loot anymore.

Feel free to comment/suggest/agree/dis-agree/throw mud, etc.

EDIT: Added some more...

EDIT, EDIT: 9 x additional structures added

Current Count = 20 non loot spawning buildings

;)

OK, so...

I think I found something ONCE, in the back bedroom of this little log cabin like 4 or 5 builds ago. From memory it was Sunglasses.

Not sure if they had actually spawned there or if someone had dropped them.

Anyway, I haven't found anything in this building for months = I just don't bother searching anymore.

HQ5MBMy.jpg

Large Sheds/Garage: These used to be awesome, you could expect a decent melee weapon and maybe one or two other useful bits....

Now = NOTHING :(

vFBBRRS.jpg

Small Sheds: I have NEVER found anything inside one of these, EVER.

So I have just stopped looking...

hQ7ACVL.jpg

Never anything in here....

bQPG0oa.jpg

Certainly never anything in here:

kxu3JB6.jpg

Another shed which NEVER spawns anything:

UjRkfGt.jpg

Haven't found anything EVER in one of these:

xbZHKdn.jpg

Nothing in these outside toilets! (Although I'm not sure what I was expecting... Loo Roll??)

se14AM6.jpg

These sheds Do not spawn any loot (In fact, sheds in general have sadly been nerfed into obscurity):

wxQfecK.jpg

AFAIK, these little yellow and blue one's do not spawn loot. (at least I haven't seen any...)

WHbz9AU.jpg

And this other style Log Cabin doesn't spawn anything (Personally, I just avoid Log Cabins):

mc3p4l4.jpg

Another Shed....

hi952bZ.jpg

Another Garage - The ones with Shelves and boxes

ywukszj.jpg

Greenhouses, not sure if these have ever contained loot? I have not seen anything in them.

ZXI0Xi8.jpg

Another, 'nother shed... with nothing inside

VHS0Yh8.jpg

Barn with small hay pile inside (but no loot...)

hzURLLq.jpg

Yet another empty shed...  (Just forget about sheds, walk on by)

EjZ5UIP.jpg

Kennels,  now dayzdb.com does suggest things spawn here - I have not seen anything though

(Has anyone?)

gZFmzTM.jpg

Very small garage/ medium shed? = nothing

IV4yCQD.jpg

I'm sure you will all recognize this big industrial building > (don't bother looking for any loot here though).

RoeX7uN.jpg

Edited by Upstart2010
  • Like 4

I never look for loot in these buildings too either. But there are more buildings where no loot spawns. B)

Edited by EvilTigerAce

yep its just like the mod we all or well most of us know which buildings spawn what and we ignore the other buildings. I hope this changes at somepoint and every building spawns something even if its crap.

• Like 3

and actually the middle picture those sheds used to spawn helmets and stuff like that.

I gave up searching those buildings a while ago as I've found a single item in any of them.

I never look for loot in these buildings too either. But there are more buildings where no loot spawns. B)

Agreed, hence the subsequent "Placeholder" posts... ;)

I will update with further screenshots of these ghost buildings later.

and actually the middle picture those sheds used to spawn helmets and stuff like that.

Yes, agreed.

...like I said in the comment above the image:

"Large Sheds/Garage: These used to be awesome, you could expect a decent melee weapon and maybe one or two other useful bits....

Now = NOTHING :( "

Edited by Upstart2010

ye, theres a few building wich never has loot, no matter if server is restarted or 0 players. so yes just gotta know wich buildings that never spawn loot untill they fixed it

Agreed, hence the subsequent "Placeholder" posts... ;)

I will update with further screenshots of these ghost buildings later.

You don't need placeholders.

Edit the OP.

Known config error which I believe has been identified, let's hope it's fixed soon.

There are several other houses which never spawns loot as well. The one with the outer stairs leading up to the door from a garage. Comes in several colours.

The house where you enter a small hallway with doors to the left and right opening up into small rooms. the one which has the kitchen and living room (with a large corner sofa/bench) in the same room. It used to be very good for various loot, now it has nothing.

The single story barn, the medium sized warehouse/barn, etc etc.

The list has unfortunately only grown longer since release.

• Like 1

You don't need placeholders.

Edit the OP.

Known config error which I believe has been identified, let's hope it's fixed soon.

Cheers,

I will do but was uncertain as to the maximum length of one post, so secured the first few to ensure all the images were near the top...

:)

Why do you have a fisherhat? You played experimental, right? *wants one, too*

Hey, Yes - Boonie Hat is on experimental.

Has little fabric hoops on the edge that hopefully you will be able to affix vegetation to at some point for camoflague!

• Like 1

Wanted to bump and say I like the list!

I know of one or two other houses or buildings that I've seen that are empty but don't have any screens yet. One is a rare house that has all of its doors open by default which makes it stand out. It's a familiar floor plan and style but this one is a little different and always seems to be empty. And I think there are one or two buildings in larger cities that are empty as well but I'll need to spot them again and try and get screens.

It would be nice to keep a running list as things change. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Wanted to bump and say I like the list!

I know of one or two other houses or buildings that I've seen that are empty but don't have any screens yet. One is a rare house that has all of its doors open by default which makes it stand out. It's a familiar floor plan and style but this one is a little different and always seems to be empty. And I think there are one or two buildings in larger cities that are empty as well but I'll need to spot them again and try and get screens.

It would be nice to keep a running list as things change. Thanks for sharing!

Hi, thanks for the contribution.

I think I know which house you mean, it's fairly new I think. yellow walls from memory, and yeah all the doors are open! :)

I'll have a little wander round Electro/ Cherno later and see what I can see.

Currently up north so will wander down after work.

Thanks again,

9 x additional structures added to the list

total count at the moment = 20 non loot spawning buildings

Still more to come....

Edited by Upstart2010

There is one mistake. The little gateway houses still have loot sometimes. But never good loot: I've only found maps, (beanie) hats, sodas and water bottles there.

I miss the days when it spawned that stuff.

You should have put buildings like:

- The Corner Cafe with no Doors (Terrible, nothing there ever)

- House with one yellow exterior wall and perhaps blue shutters (No food, drink, weapon.  Just Awful)

- 2 story houses, like ones with a piano on the main floor (Tacky decoration, no loot, just instant respawn)

- Military buildings (Military guys are effiecient, and they have packed up everything and moved out.  Sorry)

- New Buildings with Circular room on top and cop cars out front (I believe these are Astronomy towers with Donut shops on the main floor, so stay away unless you like DayZ Stargazing, which you don't so stay away)

So I guess everyone should stick to Elektro, most of the loots are in the town proper, and are spread out over the streets.  Everyone go there...

(god I hope this works)

Edited by MuddyRaccoon

There is one mistake. The little gateway houses still have loot sometimes. But never good loot: I've only found maps, (beanie) hats, sodas and water bottles there.

Cool, I'll take this one out...  I've not found anything hence the add.

Thanks for updating.

• Like 1