Sign in to follow this  
YorkshireTea

Player Fatigue

Players going hands free sprint after a failed ambush is annoying as the chasing player has no way to ever catch them since they run at the same rate (or slower if holding a weapon). My suggestion would be to have player fatigue. The weight of items you carry and your state of heath, hydration could be factors that drain you fatigue and running at lower fatigue would mean you run slower. Clearly this would be exploited at the coast so new spawns could spawn with full fatigue meter (i.e. not fatigued) and since they aren't carrying anything, they wouldn't drain fatigue as fast as a fully geared player.

To recover from fatigue, health, hydration and resting could be used...?

Just an idea...

Edited by YorkshireTea
  • Like 2

Already on the way.

Edited by Geckofrog7

I believe a weight system has been confirmed, or at least talked about.

Whether or not that's going to affect 'fatigue' or simply the running speed hasn't been said, as far as I recall, though.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Already on the way.

Any link/information about this ?

There has been a few times, when people tried to ambush / attack and its gone all wrong for them. When I chased them, its been like grrrrrr bloody chickens!

Any link/information about this ?

There has been a few times, when people tried to ambush / attack and its gone all wrong for them. When I chased them, its been like grrrrrr bloody chickens!

use the search bar

Players going hands free sprint after a failed ambush is annoying as the chasing player has no way to ever catch them since they run at the same rate (or slower if holding a weapon).

If they're clearly running away from you and you want to kill them and you actually see them running away you could take the shot. Just saying. You might as well kill them when they're running away from you.

If they're clearly running away from you and you want to kill them and you actually see them running away you could take the shot. Just saying. You might as well kill them when they're running away from you.

I take your point but if it was a snipe attempt on you and you're only carrying an m4 that is not really an option since they would be far away and if they're decent, they would not be running away in a straight line.

Thanks for replies, Would be good to see some reference to stamina implementation.

I can't wait for there to be some kind of stamina system. The main thing that annoys me at the moment about DayZ is that you can run everywhere like some kind of terminator. 

It will be nice when you have to think about whether you can make it to Balota without collapsing from fatigue. It may lead to radically different survival strategies.

Arma 3 is getting this at some point and I can't wait when same kind of system will be added in DayZ. But I haven't heard any confirmation about this feature in DayZ. Only heard maybe a hint about weight system.

Players going hands free sprint after a failed ambush is annoying as the chasing player has no way to ever catch them since they run at the same rate (or slower if holding a weapon). My suggestion would be to have player fatigue. The weight of items you carry and your state of heath, hydration could be factors that drain you fatigue and running at lower fatigue would mean you run slower. Clearly this would be exploited at the coast so new spawns could spawn with full fatigue meter (i.e. not fatigued) and since they aren't carrying anything, they wouldn't drain fatigue as fast as a fully geared player.

To recover from fatigue, health, hydration and resting could be used...?

Just an idea...

So you're mad people can run away? ..All Im saying is if you just remove that first sentence, you will come across much more effectively. 

Because the rest you are spot on about.. fatigue and weight needs to be a factor. Especially if I can have a fucking heart attack. ;)

So you're mad people can run away? ..All Im saying is if you just remove that first sentence, you will come across much more effectively. 

Because the rest you are spot on about.. fatigue and weight needs to be a factor. Especially if I can have a fucking heart attack. ;)

It was a moment of weakness... point taken.

I don't mind at all that people can run away (and recommend they do if it is me chasing :p)  - It would be great tho to add an extra factor to your decision making such that you have to think "can take this fight?", "can I run to vybor?" etc... and stamina or fatigue seems ok. Then you can get into the territory of different food/drinks and how your stamina/fatigue relates to them. Red Bull is you're friend  :)

• Like 1

Yes, definitely Red Bull, and if you have a few too many of them, you'll drop dead of a heart attack even when just jogging for a few meters and not full on sprinting ^^

Have some Red Bull Beans for that idea :beans: :D

I don't think they will add a fatigue system due to the many ragers who will go on a forum screaming spree.  What I think they will add tho is a weight system that will cause you to run slower the more you carry..  Yup, run slower but can run forever is how this game is going to pan out....  :(