Meenos

Dayz - In real life (how would you act)

This is a scenario thread. Meaning that we talk and discuss reality based choices and give our oppinion on our survival strategy and such if dayz was real and we where there trying to survive.

Scenario:

What has happened in the Dayz game is a reality. your character is you and you only have 1 life, there is no (TRY AGAIN) 

Your story: (same story for everyone)

You know what have happened, you know there are zombies and you seek help from the authority, and with a big group you get on a massive boat to get away from it all to be safe at sea. while waiting for the military to decontaminate the area. (cleaning it out of zombies etc) However the captain loses contact with the authority and the radar and other electronics stop to work on the ship. it hits a reef and sinks. everyone drown becide you. you now swim to the nearest beach and start your journey.

1 Rule: 

- you can only find Dayz items, objects, houses etc.

What i would do:

I would look for the nearest House, to look for: (The one on top is highest priority)

- Weapon of some sort and if it is a gun i would look for ammo aswell.

- Water/Drinks like pepsi etc.

- Food

- Clothes

- Backpack

Priority is a weapon due to zombies. nothing will kill you as fast as zombies, even tho hypothermia, thirst and hunger are an issue, the zombies will kill you faster than any of them. even in worst condition, a zombie near you will most likely kill you faster than that condition, unless it is a gunshot wound or broken neck.

then it all depends on how much there is in that house. if it is pretty empty, or if i have ran out of supply of food and water then i would search any nearby houses aswell. I would also try to locate myself by finding a map and or compass. By knowing where you are you can pinpoint where you have been, where you are going and where it is not worth going.

i would also try to settle in the same place as much as possible, i rather stay in a house and barricade myself so i can make plans of what to do. There is nothing worst than rushing and doing things without properly thinking about what to do.

if i where to stay in one house i would loot anything arround the area if it is a village for example and stack up the house im currently staying in. 

I would also write down how much food and water im consuming so i know when to leave and how long i can stay in that one area. But you will sooner or later have to move on because you have used up all the supplies in the area. So i would stay in a area untill there is no supply left and then move on. Moving from place to place, but slowly.

If i had a Firearm i would most likely Avoid firing at all costs, unless its absolutely neccesary. it will attract zombies and possible people, and you dont know if they all are friendly.

- They are scared and probably tired and has a unsable psyche. 

- They are trying to survive. Perhaps at all cost. They might do things by rushing decisions

- People are hard to predict during a disaster, and even drunk people can hurt people, and even

if they are not provoked they can still be threatful and angry. Imagine that there is a big dissaster

and their trying to survive in a world where zombies try to kill them. theres probably not going to be any new delivery of food or other products into the country so whats in it is all there is and you dont know how many survivors that are slowly emptying the country of supply. At least all supplys that can run out.

Not sure what else to type. i probably didnt get everything but its basically it i think. Might edit this post in the future, but i will see.

What would you do ?

Edited by Meenos

Become a zombie

EDIT :

Find the nearest city/village and sneak around there, try to find myself some food or clothes, possibly even weapons, melee will do too.

After some looting I'd try to find some local people or a map and head to the biggest city, loot leftovers because everything would be looted, and just camp in there. If I have a chance rob some kitted people who made a mistake not being stealthy.

After I get all kitted I'd just roam from city to city, kill bandits, zombies. Maybe I'd help some people that have nothing.

Edited by Doviszxc

Go home if i'm not already there, get a blade, put on some protective gear i have from motorbiking and go visit my neighbor 3 houses down the street...kill him and get his guns...KoS everyone.  jk

Go home if i'm not already there, get a blade, put on some protective gear i have from motorbiking and visit the nearest grocery store to get supplies, gas up my car if it actually makes sense gassing up a gas guzzler...and hopefully not run into trouble. Get back home and barricade the house and wait for the main wave to go down.

• Like 1

Find full military gear, fill my entire bag with 5.56mm rounds, jerk my M4A1 off passionately whilst sliding my tongue down the barrel, and then hit the streets killing everything I see.

I'd probably just suicide, so I'd jump off a building.

• Like 1

I would probably sprint fists raised through Electro, singing "Always look on the bright side" loud to check if there are any snipers active and if rubber-banding is for real.

• Like 1

First i would wonder where all the cars went..

then i'd find some food and drink, preferably a steady supply of both, and camp nearby.. not on the spot because others will look for the same things and end up there, fighting for resources will happen.
Thus i would need some way to defend myself.. since guns are rare here for civilians, it would have to be military gear from the nearby royal military academy.

Then i'd find some friends, so i can sleep while somebody guards me, and the other way around.. I'd also look for a female human since repopulating the planet is the way for mankind to survive on the long term.

I would find some stones, wood, and matches, and find out campfires are not implemented yet.. so i'd raid a camping store for some gas canisters and cooking supplies.

Since this is RL and i figure we want some civilization back ASAP (or not lose what we still have).. i'd find a place i can wash myself. Sowing kit.. yeah that i would need too.

During my searches, i hope i have found a relatively safe place for me and my friends, pick up fellow survivors along the way, since power in numbers is a valid tactic for survival, just ask any school of fish.

I'd basicly look for a place like where i live IRL now.. lots of fields around, i can see people aproaching from miles away, and have plenty of time to determine if they need help or a bullet to the head, or if we need to run.

Now on to the not yet implemented things of dayz.. I would like to improve the place we found, by boarding up windows/doors, having some nice spots to lookout, and some secured food storage, so if we have to "bug out" because we are under attack, they cannot get to the food easily, and we hopefully can get it back after they leave.

in all of this i asume zombies are braindead and sort of slow, and that i can probably out smart them for a while, as long as i dont get surrounded by a horde

Edited by mosibfu
  • Like 1

I live in the outdoors, with all my equipment in my hikiing backpack, for about 2 weeks every summer. (Northern scandinavia)

As there are no tents in DayZ you'd better find a house that doesn't leak or you are seriously fucked, you will not be able to sustain yourself no matter how much food you have, if you cannot stay dry. I've been on summer trips where one day of continuous rain made it difficult to even stay warm...

No, you wouldn't prioritize guns, or ammo.

Gather some food

Get the fuck out of dodge (cities)

Stay in the deep wilderness until God implements "Hunting" and "Cooking", but only if you have the skills to build some form of semi-permanent shelter. But god needs to implement that too....unless you find a usable cabin in the woods.

Houston, we have a problem.

I WOULD SAVE THE WORLD, AND HAVE RELATIONS WITH THE REMAINING LADIES AND NONE WOULD GET PREGNANT/GIVE ME DISEASES.

masturbate furiously.

Exactly!

On our canalboatcatamaran...

Edited by Martmital
  • Like 1

I would first make sure my family was safe. If it weren't safe to stay at home, I would gather my family, weapons and food/drink/extra clothes and find a safer place where people are gathered and shoot/mow down approaching zeds for fun. If it were somewhat safe to stay home, I would set up a fence perameter, board entrances up, gather everything we needed and planned for emergency moving to the attic. Would still mow down zeds with weapons for fun.:)

I'm confident I already have a fair amount of stuff to survive with at home, if the situation ever warranted. Not that i'm some end-of-the-world crazy preparation sort of guy, but I suppose my interests otherwise have somewhat lent a hand to this hypothetical scenario.

Contrary to most DayZ players, I'd look for other people first. Safety in numbers and all that. Then weapons, axes and such, and if we get lucky, guns for those who know how to handle them. Then I'd break into an airport, steal a plane and fly as far north as possible - if it's freezing, there will be no zombies!

And yes, I have a pilots license, so that's not just wishful thinking :). 

Rofl, this thread turned from a serious question to a joke very quickly haha

I live in the outdoors, with all my equipment in my hikiing backpack, for about 2 weeks every summer. (Northern scandinavia)

As there are no tents in DayZ you'd better find a house that doesn't leak or you are seriously fucked, you will not be able to sustain yourself no matter how much food you have, if you cannot stay dry. I've been on summer trips where one day of continuous rain made it difficult to even stay warm...

No, you wouldn't prioritize guns, or ammo.

Gather some food

Get the fuck out of dodge (cities)

Stay in the deep wilderness until God implements "Hunting" and "Cooking", but only if you have the skills to build some form of semi-permanent shelter. But god needs to implement that too....unless you find a usable cabin in the woods.

Houston, we have a problem.

Step one.

Learn to build a fire by hand without a lighter.

Priorities in this type of crisis change based on need. If you have gun no food food is goal. If you have food no weapon shelter you get the idea. There is no set list in a fantasy scenario. It changes by geography city person. Some fools would go rob the booze hut first or go start raping others like assholes. They would for the most part last about 2 days make a mistake and become zombie snacks.

Step one.

Edited by IamDinner

This is a scenario thread. Meaning that we talk and discuss reality based choices and give our oppinion on our survival strategy and such if dayz was real and we where there trying to survive.

Scenario:

What has happened in the Dayz game is a reality. your character is you and you only have 1 life, there is no (TRY AGAIN) 

Your story: (same story for everyone)

You know what have happened, you know there are zombies and you seek help from the authority, and with a big group you get on a massive boat to get away from it all to be safe at sea. while waiting for the military to decontaminate the area. (cleaning it out of zombies etc) However the captain loses contact with the authority and the radar and other electronics stop to work on the ship. it hits a reef and sinks. everyone drown becide you. you now swim to the nearest beach and start your journey.

1 Rule: 

- you can only find Dayz items, objects, houses etc.

What i would do:

I would look for the nearest House, to look for: (The one on top is highest priority)

- Weapon of some sort and if it is a gun i would look for ammo aswell.

- Water/Drinks like pepsi etc.

- Food

- Clothes

- Backpack

Priority is a weapon due to zombies. nothing will kill you as fast as zombies, even tho hypothermia, thirst and hunger are an issue, the zombies will kill you faster than any of them. even in worst condition, a zombie near you will most likely kill you faster than that condition, unless it is a gunshot wound or broken neck.

then it all depends on how much there is in that house. if it is pretty empty, or if i have ran out of supply of food and water then i would search any nearby houses aswell. I would also try to locate myself by finding a map and or compass. By knowing where you are you can pinpoint where you have been, where you are going and where it is not worth going.

i would also try to settle in the same place as much as possible, i rather stay in a house and barricade myself so i can make plans of what to do. There is nothing worst than rushing and doing things without properly thinking about what to do.

if i where to stay in one house i would loot anything arround the area if it is a village for example and stack up the house im currently staying in. 

I would also write down how much food and water im consuming so i know when to leave and how long i can stay in that one area. But you will sooner or later have to move on because you have used up all the supplies in the area. So i would stay in a area untill there is no supply left and then move on. Moving from place to place, but slowly.

If i had a Firearm i would most likely Avoid firing at all costs, unless its absolutely neccesary. it will attract zombies and possible people, and you dont know if they all are friendly.

- They are scared and probably tired and has a unsable psyche. 

- They are trying to survive. Perhaps at all cost. They might do things by rushing decisions

- People are hard to predict during a disaster, and even drunk people can hurt people, and even

if they are not provoked they can still be threatful and angry. Imagine that there is a big dissaster

and their trying to survive in a world where zombies try to kill them. theres probably not going to be any new delivery of food or other products into the country so whats in it is all there is and you dont know how many survivors that are slowly emptying the country of supply. At least all supplys that can run out.

Not sure what else to type. i probably didnt get everything but its basically it i think. Might edit this post in the future, but i will see.

What would you do ?

I would love all the gods creatures and try hard not to burn their retinas with neon white text on black background.

Edited by Highlander007
  • Like 1

Step one.

Priorities in this type of crisis change based on need. If you have gun no food food is goal. If you have food no weapon shelter you get the idea. There is no set list in a fantasy scenario. It changes by geography city person. Some fools would go rob the booze hut first or go start raping others like assholes. They would for the most part last about 2 days make a mistake and become zombie snacks.

Step one.

Step two;

Learn to read the conditions set by OP, hence my reference to "God" implementing stuff. You cannot currently make a fire in DayZ (unless it was changed in the last couple of days, I am not in my home country at the moment and do not have access to the game). 

I can build a fire by hand without a lighter...did you see my reference to continuous rain? Not an easy task, and it would take your focus completely off guns for a while, or other stuff for that matter. Fueling a fire for the better part of the day will require you to GATHER firewood in quite large quantities, that is labour that will keep you warm. A few logs of firewood burns for about 20 minutes or so in an open (ineffective) fire. 

And because of the potential for asshats...I'd go into the wilderness where the asshats do not know how to survive. I would bring a shitload of canned food, since that is available in DayZ, and supplement that with wild game, berries, edible flowers, roots etc....again, once "God" can be arsed to implement it.

And last but not least; OP said you beached alone.

i would chill in my house since after years of camping, backpacking, target shooting, and doing other outdoor stuff  i have enough equipment to outfit about 20 people. my only weak spot is i only have one case of mre's.

Edited by hellcat420

Grab a 22 and some 6 packs, find the nearest roof, climb up, and see where the day takes me.

Not sure but i recently got a new hiking backpack and im getting a combat knife that can be used to chop wood http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=138

But food would not be to hard to find since i live in the suburbs. It would depend on how many ppl are infected and how many ppl got to places like Walmarts next door to me before shit hit the fan. I actually might still get a tactical tomahawk for breaching doors and crap like that if i have to but im quite well stocked on clothing and warm cloths.

Not sure but i recently got a new hiking backpack and im getting a combat knife that can be used to chop wood http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=138

But food would not be to hard to find since i live in the suburbs. It would depend on how many ppl are infected and how many ppl got to places like Walmarts next door to me before shit hit the fan. I actually might still get a tactical tomahawk for breaching doors and crap like that if i have to but im quite well stocked on clothing and warm cloths.

that knife is extremely overpriced, search around you can find way better deal.

that knife is extremely overpriced, search around you can find way better deal.

Iv looked believe me. But i love the camo on the blade so i ordered it with that stuff. Your not supposed to carry anything over 3 inches for a blade anyways so it will be a display piece but i can use it in an emergency if i have to. Bought a knife sharpener for it too.

Not nearly as EXPENSIVE as Busse knifes though. Holy shit you pay an arm and a leg for those weapons! :O

http://www.bussecombat.com/knives/

Edited by Deathlove

I would definitely walk down the main street of the nearest large city with only my underwear and a cowboy hat on, holding a large cooking pot with a radio blasting as loud as I can get it to, "She works hard for the money" and other great songs from the 80's..

• Like 3