OrLoK

Arma3 Third person fix mod...thoughts?

Hidden text.

Don't want to lose your exray specs? :D

See, it's funny to us because this mod removes the main illegitimate reason for using 3pp, leaving you with the view but no major tactical advantages and you lot are still complaining, really does prove that the only thing 3pp care about is the ability to abuse the mechanic.

So... I think we're safe to discount the opinions of 3pp players from now on, right? Since this poster is pretty indicative the standard of their contribution to this discussion.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

The solution is simple. Stop referring to the "hardcore" hive as "hardcore". Call it "normalcore" and then call the "regular" hive the "pussycore" hive.

"Hey ____, want to play DayZ?"

"Sure, what server?"

"XX-YYY 24/7 Daytime 3PP ON Fast Loot Kill Bandits"

"Pussycore? Fuck that shit, step up your game son."

No one wants to be a pussy, so they'll feel so bad about being on the pussycore servers they'll make the switch. Then, with no one on the pussycore servers, Rocket will finally pull his head out of his ass and make a solid decision on the perspective instead of being so flaccid about it and avoiding the issue.

Although it is fun to stomp people and act like an asshole on the pussycore servers...

• Like 3

The solution is simple. Stop referring to the "hardcore" hive as "hardcore". Call it "normalcore" and then call the "regular" hive the "pussycore" hive.

"Hey ____, want to play DayZ?"

"Sure, what server?"

"XX-YYY 24/7 Daytime 3PP ON Fast Loot Kill Bandits"

"Pussycore? Fuck that shit, step up your game son."

No one wants to be a pussy, so they'll feel so bad about being on the pussycore servers they'll make the switch. Then, with no one on the pussycore servers, Rocket will finally pull his head out of his ass and make a solid decision on the perspective instead of being so flaccid about it and avoiding the issue.

Although it is fun to stomp people and act like an asshole on the pussycore servers...

:beans: Your principles are sound and I accept your solution.

I just had to fight so hard to not die laughing and wake up my girlfriend, brother, and sister-in-law.

Edited by Weedz

The only real way to achieve a level playing field is to remove one of the two perspectives /hives completely. There is no way on God's green Earth that a fourth-wall system can be implemented without itself being open to exploits, or causing some insurmountable glitchiness for both viewpoints.

Just like leaning into walls allows those of us in 1pp to look through said walls (just a little less effectively than 3pp), people would find a way to exploit fourth wall to obscure themselves whilst seeing others. Nature of the beast. The hack creators would find ways to bypass the system too. Also I fear that any fourth wall system would have to run globally on a server, and be in front of either 1pp or 3pp no matter your choice, so any problems affect both parties - not good for anyone.

In 3pp, fourth wall would I fear mess with your head (I can see over the wall, no-one there, move round and in pops a guy into the space I could could see which was unoccupied a second ago) unless you go full 'fog-of-war and heavily shade out any areas you cannot see from your current position, in order that you know exactly where you can't see. And that would be equally game-breakingly unrealistic and unimmersive.

As all these issues take up Dev time, I'd rather they bite the bullet and just fix up and go wholesale to one viewpoint. Please spend your time on content and bug fixing. Make walks solid or give the avatar's head a hit box so you can't clip.

Like most 1pp players, I am worried that there aren't enough players on hardcore. Enough to find well populated servers currently, yes - but I guess only about 10-20% of the total userbase. However, I would rather switch wholesale to 3pp the way it is now than with any fourth wall system there, I just can't see it bring without some flaw that are more detrimental to both parties than the current 3pp system. And if the Devs do bite the bullet, I fear 1pp would be the one to get dropped as the numbers aren't there. 'Pussycore' etc name-calling is not helping our cause thanks - if anything that person getting called-out will now never try 1pp because you were an ass to them. Not good.

So perhaps the current situation is actually the best compromise after all?

• Like 1

Most 3pp players will switch to 1pp rather than uninstall the game.

If realism and immersion still matter, there is not much choice in which perspective is to be removed, if any.

Does 3pp invite the kind of crowd that prefers exploring the code for glitches over searching buildings for loot?

Does that mean they are useful to a degree?

Play on hardcore server, problem solved.

A fried of mine asked "Why is this called hardcore?", I told him: "because you cannot use 3rd person view here". He said "Who uses 3rd person view??"

So to have an actual playstyle experience with bad, bad firefight situations, play hardcore. And live and die like a man.

Play on hardcore server, problem solved.

Playing solo isn't fun. Unfortunately new players will take the path of least resistance and new servers will be set up to cater for the most popular game mode, since server owners don't want empty or half populated servers.

The only long term solutions are to balance 3pp so it no longer offers an unfair advantage or remove 3pp entirely.

• Like 1

yeah that whole mod looks great "in premise" but all those models are static and not player controlled, also i noticed a distinct lag between the model appearing and dissappearing. it would create much crying in forums and i think all players can agree this place is flooded with that enough as it is (because half the time we cant see players and zombies anyway WITHOUT a mechanic like this implemented) the whole idea of 3pp games is that it takes away from that feeling of immersion just a tad compared to 1pp games, in the instance of dayz i play 1pp when i have a lot of time on my hands and thus can be arsed to be a lot more aware of my surroundings (also i only play it when on hardwired ethernet connection so i know any deaths i suffer are my own fault and i cannot risk damaging my computer because of *rage fists*) and on 3pp mode when i just want to run round, loot stuff and kill zambehs. also in 3pp servers i do have an advantage IF as mentioned i get myself one by being on top of tall buildings lying down and what not but then it works both ways, and as has also been mentioned means you should adopt that into your playstyle depending what mode server you are in. i know for a fact if im in hardcore servers im a lot less able to decide what role of player i am (bandit hero survivor) as to be honest, if i see you in hardcore mode ill probably just shoot out of pure shit my pantedness where as in 3pp i can observe a player while they know not of my presence which means i can then see easier if they are friendly  or bandit before making any kind of risk of being seen myself. it is a game and it has 3pp and 1pp servers to allow people to go to whichever they enjoy, i think it should stay that way, and i also think a mod like this would break the game a lot as well because in that video it seemed like resource of the cpu / gpu was being spiked a little when hiding and re rendering the player models.

Playing solo isn't fun. Unfortunately new players will take the path of least resistance and new servers will be set up to cater for the most popular game mode, since server owners don't want empty or half populated servers.

The only long term solutions are to balance 3pp so it no longer offers an unfair advantage or remove 3pp entirely.

playing solo can be fun, depends on who you bump into lol, and considering how many servers are full of 3pp players, i very much doubt those players play it just for the advantage, i myself barely use the spp free look to my "advantage" but just find it fun to be able to see my own character in its (always) awful aaawwwwwful outfits just let there be a divide of players who want a hardcore experience and players who are a bit more casual, it ultimately means all in all the game has a much larger playerbase likely to come than if it rules out one perspective over another

• Like 1

playing solo can be fun, depends on who you bump into lol, and considering how many servers are full of 3pp players, i very much doubt those players play it just for the advantage, i myself barely use the spp free look to my "advantage" but just find it fun to be able to see my own character in its (always) awful aaawwwwwful outfits just let there be a divide of players who want a hardcore experience and players who are a bit more casual, it ultimately means all in all the game has a much larger playerbase likely to come than if it rules out one perspective over another

Playing solo as in being without a group is fine.

Playing solo as in being the only sod on the server, not so much.

• Like 2

Playing solo as in being without a group is fine.

Playing solo as in being the only sod on the server, not so much.

and there was much sharing of beans

Please do not insult/abuse other users.

--

bump

The topic was fifteen minutes old. Don't bump it.

• Like 2

I dont think its a question of should this kind of fix be implemented but more so when will this be implemented...

Eventually it is going to be part of SA.. If not by the devs, it will as soon as they allow modding and private servers.

Should this still be something the devs should consider fixing? I think so...

Granted this kind of fix would probably drop the numbers who play on 1pp only servers. When you can go onto almost every thread that the subject relates to 1st and 3rd person view. And just skimming, you can see the amount who say they play 1pp to get away from those who exploit 3rd person view.. That says clearly theres a issue.. Im sure if its left to modding it will also drop the amount who play on the current normal hive servers.

And the fix isnt "just go play hardcore servers"... The game isnt just based on dealing with other players in a combat setting. If thats all you care about well then yeah, 1pp only servers are great. I actually enjoy hardcore servers myself if I just feel like running through towns in hopes of a gunfight..

Theres is alot more to the game though, things that take up way more of my time in DayZ. With those other aspects of the game, the ability to change view is great. Ill deal with the crackheads who want to use the 3rd person view for a advantage because of this...

Edited by cels

So saying "fuck you, bro" is more insulting and abusive than calling someone a cheating retard because of the game mode they play?

gotcha.

• Like 2

So saying "fuck you, bro" is more insulting and abusive than calling someone a cheating retard because of the game mode they play?

gotcha.

"8) Hypocrisy:

Breaking rules to stop other rule breakers, or to prove a point. Just because they did it, doesn't mean you can do it as well, nor should you ban evade to prove a 'point'."

Just saying....

--

The topic was fifteen minutes old. Don't bump it.

That was an part of a failed attempt to remove the spam last night, it kept coming so I stopped bumping.

That was an part of a failed attempt to remove the spam last night, it kept coming so I stopped bumping.

You do realize the irony in this... Dont you?

gotcha.

Sorry, I did not see that part in his comment. 

"8) Hypocrisy:

Breaking rules to stop other rule breakers, or to prove a point. Just because they did it, doesn't mean you can do it as well, nor should you ban evade to prove a 'point'."

Just saying....

Thank you taco.

--

On topic please ladies and gentlemen. 

I dont think its a question of should this kind of fix be implemented but more so when will this be implemented...

Eventually it is going to be part of SA.. If not by the devs, it will as soon as they allow modding and private servers.

Yea I see this happening also.

as soon as mod tools are released and people move to private hives and away from the central vanilla game the mods themselves will address this issue even if the main game chooses not to.

I still hope the devs see the importance of removing this problem, not only for dayz but for arma also.

They made two hives for a reason. No offense, but this whole movement against 3rd person is dumb. You have hardcore servers. I personally use both, and like it the way it is. If i want third person, I play regular. If I want a more realistic experience, I play hardcore. Third person isn't "realistic" in the first place, so trying to make it more "fair" is pointless. And so what if you can peak around corners. So can everyone else, so its not really an exploit or unfair advantage.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 3

"8) Hypocrisy:

Just saying....

The best part was I didn't call him anything was just agreeing with what he called himself when he put words in my mouth. Also had nothing to do with the game mode someone plays had to do with people admitting they don't want this mod or anything like it because they need to exploit due to badness and want to keep it in the game and saying that every single person who plays 3pp does as well.

Edited by Weedz

They made two hives for a reason. No offense, but this whole movement against 3rd person is dumb. You have hardcore servers. I personally use both, and like it the way it is. If i want third person, I play regular. If I want a more realistic experience, I play hardcore. Third person isn't "realistic" in the first place, so trying to make it more "fair" is pointless. And so what if you can peak around corners. So can everyone else, so its not really an exploit or unfair advantage.

The two hives was a temporary fix to stop the constant crying and bickering on the forums and on reddit. They realized that there is a huge problem so they put a band aid on it by making two different hives.

Do you have any other reason to not implement this mod in the game that has nothing to do with you enjoying the exploit of seeing past corners and around objects ?

• Like 1

It's interesting but I think overall it will cause more problems than solutions.

When I play in 3rd person, I play with the camera waist high. If anything I suggest locking a universal camera for 3rd person servers.

I enjoy the game the most on 1st person servers and when I am playing in that mode as well, even in 3rd person servers.

You would be surprised how many people can not play in first and how much you can put that to your advantage if you know what you are doing.

I suggest removing the ability to use iron sights or scopes on 3pp.

I'm seeing a slight delay on it, so it might give a big of a scare when they see a player morph in front of them