mugur

New hobby: working for others

I just came to the conclusion that i have to do something new until this game gets better.

Given the fact that i will never shoot others and being a medic is not for me, i have decided to work

for others. Meaning i will try to find those "rare" items and will give them to the first person that's

asking for them. I can even take orders but i cannot say how much will take me to find what you need.

On the second hand, i do not give a crap if you want to take me into an ambush and kill me.

i will start over. 

If anyone wants to meet me to get them, be my guest. if you can afford to leave me a melee weapon

it is fine but not a condition. The only condition is to feed me so i will be able to reach the next town.

Provided that you will not shot me in the head after i am giving you the goods (otherwise you will ruin them lol) in which situation you don't have to give me shit because i will be dead.

i will have here 2 lists:

- first  at the end of the first post on this topic reflecting what i have delivered and to whom

- second is the first post on second page containing and updated list on both type of servers where i am available now.

P.S. I am always alone (unless followed by some loving zed)

P.P.S. Before anyone will start explaining to me how stupid i am, please get this: it is my time, and my money paid for the game, so i believe i am entitled to get as much fun of it as you do. If you do not like what i want to do, ignore this thread. It is really that simple.

later edit:

Here is the list with the members from this forum/items delivered. 

I cannot track the other people i've met since there is no proof of that unless they came here to say so.

1. IRISH: FNX + micro red-dot + 1 mag + some .45 ammo boxes

2. River Lizard: Long Range Scope

3. IRISH: MP Stock + M4 bipod + 40rnds mag

4. IRISH: FNX  mag + ballistic helmet

Edited by mugur
  • Like 24

Well you could hop in on our server from time to time and help around at Elektro.

Edited by Thaurus

Edit:

I need a fnx mags+2 bipods+M4 MP buttstock (pristine) on hardcore,

And 2 bipods+MP M4 stock/suppressor/rds/acog+FNX suppressor/mags on regular. 

For this I would be most thankful  :)

Edited by lrish

Looking for an LRS for my mosin and a silencer for my 45....I can give you as much food as you need on hardcore but on regular I don't have much food (2 or 3 items only).  I need both items on both regular and experimental servers.  Best bet would be experimental because I have a boat load of food on it I believe...it's been a few days since I played on it.  You'd definitely need a large backpack for the supplies I have that I'd give you for those 2 items.

Experimental my player is NE (I think...sorry it's been a few days I'll have to check to make sure)

Regular my player is  NW

Edited by River Lizard

*Original Post*

If you're ever in the sky-scraper towns above Cherno/Balota hit me up. I'd be willing to share food and might have something you're trying to get someone else. Never know.

Edited by Erikp3

ok. i've saved a list with what you all said by now.

funny story: yesterday i was heading  Elektro to deliver what i've had to the first person i find.

shot before i reached fire station. No idea who and if he ruined the beautiful jacket, lol.

oh well, starting over.

take2

Second time i found really nothing but a farming hoe and i was about to die from starvation 

when i've met a guy on a piano house. we've talked a bit and he was literally the most refreshing encounter

on dayz for me. Hey my friend, i've added you to steam friends, i hope to see you again. Back to the story:

i was also very low on blood from previous being shot by someone on top of the round reservoirs while i was making 

zombies to follow me so that 2 people on the reservoir ladder can run. on the roof the guy with the gun was

laughing at them and eventually killed them and hit me once also. My new friend asked me if i have a saline bag

but i was out of luck. We tried the new clinic and like magic i've found a medical kit and inside was a saline bag.

my friend administered the saline bag and we decided to have a long run to Krasno maybe we can reach it before i die.

my friend thought that if we go first to the airfield we might get a chance to  find something to defend ourself and so we did.

found nothing on the first jail house but on the second one when i entered i got shot instantly and i've heard over the chat how

the guy who shot me told my friend how sorry he was. starting over.

take 3.

last time i was able to reach krasno airfield a bit easier and i even had a woodman axe when i got there.

while i was chasing zombies (i have literally cleared the airfield) one shot broke my arm. i've run like a headless chicken

(and i mean a lot) but the guy followed me and shot me again. no idea where but i was bleeding again...

then running again and all this time i was hearing shots (SKS) one of them finally ended my misery. while i was dead 

i've heard: "sorry my friend, bad luck". really? that was the most pathetic line ever. you should have kept your mouth shot. :)

take 4.

another long run this time heading to the center of the map, killing zombies where i found them. i found a pristine PRESS vest.

is it just me or this vest really can absorb a lot of damage? the vest is still pristine after some nasty encounters where i was not even 

bleeding... anyway, i have an SKS now, revolver with bullets, axe, small backpack  and a bit of food so i can wander around to pick required goodies.

sorry for the long post,

first item i found from the said "list" i will park myself and PM the guy who need it to see how i can find him.

on the regular stable i am full of rare items :) lol

can somebody help me please: if i want to write(chat) to one specific player from the player list, can i do this?

Edited by mugur
  • Like 1

i really like that you want to do things in a different way than normaly. actually pretty cool.

However i do have a few questions.

- Do you try to protect yourself from agressive players etc ? 

- What else do you do becide checking places and looting them to collect for people

- Have you thought about being kind of a "Wandering trader" of some sort, not only give for free but maybe trade aswell ?

- How did you come up with this idea ? have you tried so many playstyles that you have decided to make a new playstyle ?

If you can, Have the time and want to try find me some stuff i have a list of items i would like to have on both hardcore and regular.

- Filled bloodbags with O Negative (or O possitive, but on Regular)  (this will be hard to get, But you can see this as a real challenge)

- Blood testkits (1-5)

- Ammo box (prestine) - (regular) - 

- Protective cases (prestine if you can find)

i can ofcourse meet you and i will not kill you unless you shoot me first. And you can have all the food and drinks i carry at that moment. perhaps even a weapon or ammo or other things i dont currently need that you can give to others.

This does include rare clothing and such. all depends on how generous i fell, but the better stuff you have the better chance is it that i will give you something nice in return. O- (negative) bags will get you sweet items for sure. due to its rarity.

Edited by Meenos

This is fantastic!

Gotta admire your work Mugur. Here have some beans  :beans: you deserve them after all your running around!

Good luck on your endeavours mate   :thumbsup: - :)

i really like that you want to do things in a different way than normaly. actually pretty cool.

However i do have a few questions.

- Do you try to protect yourself from agressive players etc ? 

- What else do you do becide checking places and looting them to collect for people

- Have you thought about being kind of a "Wandering trader" of some sort, not only give for free but maybe trade aswell ?

- How did you come up with this idea ? have you tried so many playstyles that you have decided to make a new playstyle ?

If you can, Have the time and want to try find me some stuff i have a list of items i would like to have on both hardcore and regular.

- Filled bloodbags with O Negative (or O possitive, but on Regular)  (this will be hard to get, But you can see this as a real challenge)

- Blood testkits (1-5)

- Ammo box (prestine) - (regular) - 

- Protective cases (prestine if you can find)

i can ofcourse meet you and i will not kill you unless you shoot me first. And you can have all the food and drinks i carry at that moment. perhaps even a weapon or ammo or other things i dont currently need that you can give to others.

This does include rare clothing and such. all depends on how generous i fell, but the better stuff you have the better chance is it that i will give you something nice in return. O- (negative) bags will get you sweet items for sure. due to its rarity.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/blood-transfusion/expert-answers/universal-blood-donor-type/faq-20058229

Mugur, the wandering trader. I like it!

can I join you?

Sure, if you think that being 2 of us will not make us even more suspect looking and killed on sight we can try. you have to remember that i never return fire and you have to accept that you might be killed without defending yourself except for the zombies. returning fire is nothing but another form of CoD (speaking just for me here) and i do not want to do this in dayz. as i said, there are tons of other games that are better at shooting than this one. even more, once i set up a meeting with the people who wants to pick up things i will go by his/theirs rule no matter what the rule is. Going where he/they wants, acting as he/they want me to act, etc even if i have to travel the whole map to meet him/them. 

i just want to find good/valuable things and maybe later to act like a courier for people that does not want to travel half a map to met someone who wants to give them something.

• Like 1

Sure, if you think that being 2 of us will not make us even more suspect looking and killed on sight we can try. you have to remember that i never return fire and you have to accept that you might be killed without defending yourself except for the zombies. returning fire is nothing but another form of CoD (speaking just for me here) and i do not want to do this in dayz. as i said, there are tons of other games that are better at shooting than this one. even more, once i set up a meeting with the people who wants to pick up things i will go by his/theirs rule no matter what the rule is. Going where he/they wants, acting as he/they want me to act, etc even if i have to travel the whole map to meet him/them. 

i just want to find good/valuable things and maybe later to act like a courier for people that does not want to travel half a map to met someone who wants to give them something.

Okay, you just lost the beans I gave you earlier. Just because a game has guns in it doesn't mean it's "just another form of CoD".

Sorry, 4 replies so i try to answer:

@Meenos:

- i do not protect at all, i try to evade/escape

- i am quite good at finding things :) besides searching for them i do nothing. never looted a body

just one time on stable very long time ago...

- no. you can call me wanderer but i will not trade. if someone wants to give me something, fine. but usually i just need some food 

there on exp servers.

- the idea... i think that will actually be good for me. after i've learned the dynamics of the game i thought this will be something interesting to do (and in some way may actually help the whole game idea)

- i will see what strategy i can adopt for finding 0 blood type.

- test kits i found many. i will try to keep some for you 

- ammo boxes and protective cases i already have but not on exp. i might extend my "services" to stable servers.

- as i said, i never shoot. first or last i will not shoot. you will stop worrying after you meet me once.

@nuggit:

thank you!

@Grimey Rick

my english is far from ideal, i know that.

what i want to say (in a poor way) is that the behavior made a game another shooter, not the weapons in it.

in dayz you have other options than to simply shoot people, that is why i try not to use the game as a shooting platform.

what i want is ME not to turn it in another CoD, not talking here for others...i hope it does make more sense now :(

look what i said: "returning fire is nothing but another form of CoD (speaking just for me here)"

never said a game with guns is another CoD...

but i've learned english by myself so at least i have one excuse.

last word of advice, for those who actually care, i try to equip myself the same way when i can:

- most of the time i wear a green backpack (talon, child, mountain)

- i never wear a helmet

- allways have green jeans +a green hoodie (when i can find one)

- when i meet someone i always: stop, raise my hand and wait. no matter what i was doing at the moment of the encounter, i always do the same.

- do not quick shoot me, because i do not hold a weapon and because if you shoot me you will ruin what i came to give you for free...

- my PC barely made few frames in cities and now on exp around 25fps in the woods while my resolution is bellow 800x600...so keep in mind that you are going to see me way before i will see you. this will change as a new monster PC is on it's way...

Edited by mugur
  • Like 1

chances are i'll atleast try to defend us after the work we put in, but I'm not a KOSer unless i need to be, I have an m4 with a fair bit of ammo a fnx and magnum; add my steam IG Rage

Mugur, your english is fine!

I understand where you are coming from :) 

@ ID Rage

i will add you this evening when i get back home, i am at work.

i will explain a bit better this time. you have NOT to defend us. at all.

you should not return fire otherwise my whole idea goes to toilet...

1. to survive in dayz now it's easy

2. to kill people it's easy, even to return fire it's easy

3. to medical help people is not easy but are others to do this

4. what i try to do is very hard and frustrating, and should remain that way.

I am sorry if this does not fit your style, but for me it is how it should be. 

I will not change a bit from this conduit.

Edited by mugur
  • Like 2

newsflash: just met 2 guys shitless scared on police station in Zeleno.

i was heading south after a whole east-north-west travel.

one of them shot me 6 times from 2 meters :)

i have asked why they shot. never got an answer.

back to square one.

Today i've got shot on sight just 3 times.

But also managed to give some things to 3 different guys. Only one of them knew about this forum though...

To first one i gave one mosin and one scope.

To second one i gave one leather jacket.

And to the last one  Amphibia and 13 bullets for it.

Also the first one helped me and opened some food cans for me

because i was bare handed and starving :)

I am getting better. I think in around 30-45 days of playing i will not die so often :)

but on experimental i don't get the idea why people say it's not so KoS like

on stable. I think it's even worse :)

One thing worth mentioning though. If i manage to see and talk before he shots i

have a real chance to stay alive. If the guy sees me without me seeing him, i am

pretty much dead...

Edited by mugur

Curent  list on Stable-Regular

- PSO scope

- 2 x Magnum + ~60 bullets

- DPM vest

- 2 saline bags

- South map of Chernarus

- 4 bandages

- 2 morphine

- 1 ammo box

Curent  list on Stable-Hardcore:

- 1 x FNX45 + pistol flashlight

- 1 x FNX mag (reserved for Irish)

- 1 x FNX suppressor (reserved for Irish)

- 1 box .45 ammo

- TSkO jacket

- Khaki vest

- 2 x IV kit

- 2 x Epinephrine

- Alchool Tencture

Edited by mugur

Curent  "dinner" on Stable-Regular

i am on the south area of the map.

- Mosin

- Long range scope (damaged but seems just fine)

- PSO scope

- FNX + mag + micro red-dot sight + 2 boxes of ammo

- Magnum + 25-30 bullets

- 2 protective cases (one worn one damaged)

- TSkO pants

- DPM vest

- 2 saline bags

- compass

- South map of Chernarus

- a lot of food and cola-pipsi cans

- bandages

- some other things that i can't remember now.

I need that FNX! Can i haz it plz? :)

Edited by lrish

Sure Irish. see PM.

FNX + extras reserved to IRISH until i deliver or i die trying.

edit: i have arrived at the dropping point, waiting  to deliver.

once i do i will write here again.

Edited by mugur

Sure Irish. see PM.

FNX + extras reserved to IRISH until i deliver or i die trying.

edit: i have arrived at the dropping point, waiting  to deliver.

once i do i will write here again.

Yeah, I look at my bags now and I have multiple of everything basically. Lots of ammo in container, 3 can openers, bags of rice and cans of beans, couple canteens, and lots of other stuff I have but won't use. I won't use the forums to give it away, but I have no problems giving opener and beans to new guys. I also have no problem giving a single bullet to fully-kitted guys. 

• Like 1

Sure, you can do whatever you like. 

Let's keep this topic about what i like to do.

• Like 2