Influx (DayZ)

"Frankie" Hero mentality

Everyone seems to be aimed at following the "Frankie" mentality of never shooting on sight. Which to me sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. 

Being a hero isn't going around waiting to be shot. 

Opinions?

• Like 1

People really, really need to stop trying to emulate Frankie.

He's an awful, awful person AND bad at DayZ.

Edited by Daemonkid
  • Like 9

Pretty much my annoyance. Not so much he's an "awful, awful person" but the fact it really limits the social interactions you get.

i never shot. not that i do not shot first but i do not return fire either. can't count how many times i was shot while i was waving hands :))

at this point the game is not offering to much and if i am doing this (shooting)

i can't be bothered with dayz. i can pick anf FPS game for shooting.

recently i have found a new hobby. i run like a mad man gathering rare items which i am planning to give to others

for free. my business is with zeds :)

• Like 11

i never shot. not that i do not shot first but i do not return fire either. can't count how many times i was shot while i was waving hands :))

at this point the game is not offering to much and if i am doing this (shooting)

recently i have found a new hobby. i run like a mad man gathering rare items which i am planning to give to others

Was at NEAF when I had someone run into the hangar I was in, Shirtless holding a safety box screaming "Lel". 1 Bullet to the stomach dealt with him. 

If he had come in and not acted like a 12 year old, We had just dropped a SKS we didn't have space for and we would've been happy to let him keep it.

Everyone seems to be aimed at following the "Frankie" mentality of never shooting on sight. Which to me sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. 

Opinions?

People IRL wouldn't shoot each other on sight. There is only a cold blooded minority that does that. I wouldn't call a hero a hero either, more like a samaritan. Nobody would run around fooling people like Frankie and he wouldn't get those reactions either...it's Frankie...who?

• Like 2

This is dumb for a heap of reasons. A few being... How do you know he is a awful "person" and another being he has proof of him being a very skilled player. 

Tip - Stop being a derp hater...

Also this whole idea of "people play hero OMF BAD hbjdas this that derp". This game is just that, a game. People play bandits for the hunt and people play friendly to try something that others normally don't. Who cares.. jesus. 

Yawn at all of this and stupid assumptions. 

Edited by Mopa
  • Like 12

Opinions?

Change your profile pic. That's my opinion.

• Like 13

I bet you were singing his priases before the hackusataions. I dont see how he is awful at Dayz? his early vids show he wasnt stupid and played clever. He plays a lof of FPS and is not bad from the looks of things.  

• Like 2

Says it all right. Everyone looks into this game toooo damn much. I play a "hero" but also sometimes a muck around bandit with friends. Its a game and in no way shows ANY WHERE NEAR what the real life outcome of this situation would be... So play and stop thinking so much ..

• Like 1

Opinions?

Do you think that Frankie dosen't KOS?

He is the worst example,because while he's playing he could for example KOS 50 times.

But because he wants to look good on his videos he /edits them,

to the point where he seems like a friendly-noob helping-bandit slayer kind of guy.

In Reality i bet he dosen't give a damn when he's not recording.

• Like 1

Is Frankie bad at dayz? Just me that think he's kinda good?

I might be terrible, but to me it seems like he is good at spotting and shooting.. He doesn't just shoot everyone either..

What kind of person he is, I have no idea, havn't seen much more than his SA movies.

Opinions?

first option is to change your avatar...

goddamn kids... whos 12 years old lol...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

Was at NEAF when I had someone run into the hangar I was in, Shirtless holding a safety box screaming "Lel". 1 Bullet to the stomach dealt with him. 

If he had come in and not acted like a 12 year old, We had just dropped a SKS we didn't have space for and we would've been happy to let him keep it.

i hope my english is not that bad... i meant to say that i am running on the map gathering things, i never run towards people.

even worse, i am not moving at all when i meet someone, just waving hands.

sometimes people are not shooting. that is why most of the time i don't carry a primary.

when i do have one i try to give it to someone as soon as i can instead of using it on someone.

of course i could simply leave the rifle somewhere but i prefer to interact with people. as bad as it may sound...sometimes it works.

if i am getting killed i start over and i know the map well enough not to be frustrated.

as for using guns on zeds, is not  that nice either now. fireman axe, a backpack and i am all set.

Frankie's a gimp with an annoying condescending voice, but the OP is a bigger gimp having a profile pic like that.

Could only be a misguided child, complete moron or both.

• Like 1

i currently am camping in electro sniping zeds, used around 80-100 rounds but its the best way to practice :D 

Bambies saved: 16

Bandits killed: 27

Zeds killed: 40+

• Like 1

hes a hiliariously funny guy, who inspired me and many others to TRY day Z . hes a good player, great sense of humour, and is amongst mine and many other's favourite youtube gamers. Frankie is a legend.

He is very rare, I would say 10% of players or lower, will try to communicate before shooting. He is a hero in a sea of dirty bandits.

• Like 6

who is frankie ? :(   ( am i old ? )

A youtuber that everyone and their little brother thinks is "T3h by3st" Because he shoots people and claims to be a hero. 

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 1

All i'll say is that I've been doing this "hero shit" long before Frankie did. It really just depends on your approach. Typically, to be nicer, you'll still want to get the drop on someone. Otherwise you're going to be on the defensive, not having the opportunity to verbally disarm the other person, or let them know you don't want their head on a pike.

It's not hard to be nice to people and let them know your intent, but it does take some skill to get through it without getting your face blown off.

My tips would be:

- Always keep a little distance

- Have your weapon drawn but not pointed. (Be ready to aim and fire if they do anything rash, but don't act like a hard ass. Remain calm)

- State your business: Ask if they need a hand with anything. Ask where they are going and if they wouldn't mind some company. Ask if they are low on anything that you might be able to help with. Say that "if not, no big deal" and wish them luck.

- After parting ways keep your head on a swivel and leave in an unpredictable manner so that it's harder for  them to track you. I've personally busted a couple of strangers I was nice to trying to track and kill me after I left, wishing them luck. Luck did not end up in their favor.

- Toss a couple of lower end items (but useful, obviously) on the ground as an offering to show you aren't wanting to gouge their eyes out and take everything they have.

- Most importantly, don't turn your fucking back on them. Even if you are travelling, make sure they are in front of you.

As a previous KOSer, taking a different path now, I know all the bullshit tricks to catch an opportunity to kill someone else. Even taking all the precautions, a true killer will find an opportunity. My tips are only to detour someone from doing it, or at least make it harder. Nothing is guarenteed, but these things have personally worked for me.

tl;dr - You can be nice to most people with a really positive outcome, but don't be an idiot about it.

Edited by Gekkonidae

is fantasy myth bullshit Frankine NEVER KILL ON SIGHT :huh:

is true MOST time he don't KoS he talking and is #1 strategy for him :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

but many time he doing kOS :D

• Like 2

this!!

i know in the us of a you are a bit "loose" when it comes to nazi signs and stuff but plz can some admin do something about that? btw im german.

Edited by teeasy

People that choose to play the game based on how their favorite youtuber or streamer plays aren't real gamers.  They're sheep.

• Like 2