Magodark22

Gamma//Brigthess

Cause we just cant play fairly on a night time server... i dont like to use that "exploit", is anything going to be done towards that, anyone have any info please ?

• Like 1

Rocket already said he cannot fix this due to everyones monitors being different and having to adjust gamma and brightness. 

I hope :|

gamma exploit kill night time play :(

is problem SA night time is not perfect for play so devs MUST MAKE IMPROVE THIS :o

after they fix night time maybe do something for stop gamma exploit but maybe is impossible because pussy guys can fix monitor gamma setting >:(

Rocket already said he cannot fix this due to everyones monitors being different and having to adjust gamma and brightness. 

The funny part is that there were dayz mods that implemented a script that forced people to be stuck with the same darkness.. equally. You could still adjust your gamma, but there was no ambient light at all in game so it did not matter.. shit was pitch black no matter what. I can see why BIS would have to care about things like that and a modder would not. 

• Like 2

It is kind lame...

The funny part is that there were dayz mods that implemented a script that forced people to be stuck with the same darkness.. equally. You could still adjust your gamma, but there was no ambient light at all in game so it did not matter.. shit was pitch black no matter what. I can see why BIS would have to care about things like that and a modder would not. 

very nice point Mr.

• Like 1

At the end of the day all something like that would do is give rise to the amount of 24/7 daytime servers and every nighttime server would be virtually empty.

I think they're definitely going to address the issue later, it's on the to do list.  My advice is just do your own thing there are plenty of folk who play at night and enjoy it.

I like night time but it's kinda pointless, at night no one is playing, the servers are always empty. Also 99% of the servers restart before they even reach night time.

maybe they could just forego the "realism" for nighttime and hang a permanent full moon - nights under the full moon with normal gamma and brightness are beautiful and not to crazy dark

• Like 2

I think they're definitely going to address the issue later, it's on the to do list.  My advice is just do your own thing there are plenty of folk who play at night and enjoy it.

That is what i were doing, it was 6a.m and i was with my friend in the forest with the lamp on, having a chat, then sunddenly we got shooted... :(

Yeah, I sometime feel I'm the only one who doesn't adjust my gamma and brightness at night. But at night, I usually find a safe place to hold up, same as during the rain. I go over my inventory, gather berries, or read until server resets, then it's daytime again. I guess I play pretty different from most, as I avoid contact with Zeds and people.  When I first spawn, I head to find berries and eat what I can until I get thirsty, after which I find a well if possible. At first its hard ..  teetering between thirst and hunger, and  constantly running away from danger, but eventually I find something that lets me hold more, and possible water containers.  But I never fill water containers or drink from pond, only wells...until I find water purifiers, then can fill containers from ponds. I'll even loot after someone else has obviously been there, sometimes I find stuff they deemed unimportant, but an item I can use.  Once I find an axe, I feel a bit more courageous, and venture into slightly more dangerous areas Zed-wise. I've managed to survive currently on this toon since Experimental update, but it's been really close a couple times. Yeah, I know I don't need to worry about bad water or getting wet yet, but I play to get used to when it will matter. I play on experimental servers now, and try my best to always play the same one. sometimes it is crowded, sometimes not.

anyway, good luck and stay Frosty  :)

I think when they fix flashlights and tweak it like Rocket had mentioned then it'll all even out. My first 3 hours of playing DayZ was in the dark. Talk about adding to the learning curve.

I was talking to a friend of mine about night-time play just a few hours ago, and a thought did occur to me. When I played the mod there were plenty of people who played on night servers without messing with the gamma, sure they were probably still in the minority but it seemed more popular than it is now.

My first thought, and I think I was on to something, was that in the mod there were simply more reasons to bother playing at night because we had all sorts of nifty things that enhanced the experience; Camp fire visibility added a massive element of risk, glowsticks were pretty fun for a couple of minutes, road flares where a hell of a lot of fun (especially for distracting a bunch of zombies), and then we also had more controversial toys like night vision goggles and thermal optics. As it stands now the only thing to "play with" at night in the standalone are torches/flashlights and they are annoying to use in so many ways, especially weapon-mounted ones as there isn't even a hotkey to turn them on and off.

I guess what I am trying to say is if the devs make night-time play more interesting then people might actually want to do it.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

If they made night time affect textures directly instead just via ambient light, it wouldn't matter what they set their brightness or gamma to it would still look black in the dark.

Yeah someone also said this above with some mods forcing all the players to have no ambient light. Why is ambient lighting even included? Just have street lamps and flashlights light up the areas and leave everything else pitch black.

I haven't read all the responses and it might've been mentioned, but this might work. Gamma is only available in the settings during the day. Some people will change it to "night-time gamma" before going on a night-time server, but then they'd have to wait to get on the server, and most people aren't that fond of waiting.

" Rocket already said he cannot fix this due to everyones monitors being different and having to adjust gamma and brightness. "

We have a standard for monitors since 1996 called sRGB. It defines how a monitor should display colors. Many monitors nowadays have an extended colorspace (wide gamut) which gives them more saturated colors, but key values like Gamma ~2.2 are the same. Ok, not every monitor meets exactly the specification and also a monitor is aging, that´s why professionals need to calibrate their devices. Due to that reason i would allow to correct gamma in a range of of maybe 20% and not 100%.

And i can´t see a reason at all why there should be an adjustment for brightnes ingame.

But opinions are there to be ignored :-)